PDA

View Full Version : Leftists getting what they want:

Grand58742
03-10-21, 12:48
I'd say this person has a legitimate concern here.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/derek-chauvin-trial-juror-dismissed-concerns-george-floyd-rioters-attack-home-wife-children

One of the six jurors dismissed Tuesday in the trial for ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin had voiced concern in court that rioters could attack his home -- or come after his wife and kids -- should his name ever be released during proceedings in the death of George Floyd.

Jury selection for Derek Chauvin opened Tuesday, a grinding process during which Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill, Special Attorney for the State Steven Schleicher and Chauvin's attorney, Eric Nelson, asked the prospective jurors one by one whether they could keep an open mind, what they think of the criminal justice system, how they resolve conflicts and much more.

The man said he has a "strong opinion" about the viral video recorded by a bystander showing Chauvin with his knee pressed to Floyd’s neck -- though he told the court he believes he could put his opinion aside to look at the facts of the case. He said he believes the concept that Black Lives Matter -- but does not support the BLM movement or organization. On the other hand, he does support Blue Lives Matter, he said.

The juror agreed with Nelson that the case is about neither issue. After a break for lunch, prosecutors indicated they had a long line of questioning for the same juror, who then expressed concerns that rioters would attack his house if he serves on the jury and his name is released throughout the trial. He added that he fears a mob would come after his wife and children. Prosecutors had him dismissed.

chuckman
03-10-21, 13:06
Or they may not. I could easily see a mistrial if enough potential jurors jump ship. The only thing that would make that city any nuttier would be if he was found not guilty.

docsherm
03-10-21, 13:36
Or they may not. I could easily see a mistrial if enough potential jurors jump ship. The only thing that would make that city any nuttier would be if he was found not guilty.

I am sure they will pull an OJ if it comes to that............. Cannot let the savages "Peaceful Protest" with fire and such...... That guy will be found dead or guilty no matter what. He is as F$CKED as if he had documented evidence of a Clinton crime.....

Averageman
03-10-21, 13:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnQF4FJ0KU
So you've got a doped up fentanyl user with a bad heart and who was Covid-19 positive, passing fake 20's and this is the guy you want to destroy your community for?
Now you can't have a trial, because BLM/Antifa will hunt down the jury for some "Pay Back?"

Let me just point out that had we seen the Politicians decided to push a hard line Law Enforcement reaction when this phenomenon early, we wouldn't be looking at this now.
Mayor Richard Daley was an SOB, but he knew by letting those Protestors ruin the Convention would only embolden them.

ddbtoth
03-10-21, 13:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtnQF4FJ0KU
So you've got a doped up fentanyl user with a bad heart and who was Covid-19 positive, passing fake 20's and this is the guy you want to destroy your community for?
Now you can't have a trial, because BLM/Antifa will hunt down the jury for some "Pay Back?"

Let me just point out that had we seen the Politicians decided to push a hard line Law Enforcement reaction when this phenomenon early, we wouldn't be looking at this now.
Mayor Richard Daley was an SOB, but he knew by letting those Protestors ruin the Convention would only embolden them.
I really don’t think they understand what happens when the mob rules. Won’t work out well for the 13%. The issue used to be how to ID their supporters, but they’ve outed themselves too.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-10-21, 14:06
They think the mob will be on their side the same way we think that we won’t be the zombies... surprise!

The French Revolution went all the way around....

On the jurors, you also know that you would get red flagged right before they come for you too.

ABNAK
03-10-21, 18:33
Guys, I'm gonna say something here that isn't going to be popular, but I've said it since Memorial Day of last year: that shithead cop kneeled on his neck for 7+ minutes. Look at the pics and video. Now Floyd was a dirtbag to be sure and was loaded with Fentanyl (which no doubt contributed to his death, as did the knee), but is that how we do policing in this country? Once he's cuffed put the sumbitch face down and keep him there. A foot while standing, pushing him back down if he tries to get up, should suffice if the perp is restrained. What happened was over-the-top.

Now, having said that, everything that happened as a result all summer long was bullshit. The animals needed a rallying cry and Chauvin gave it to them. Does NOT excuse the animals for their actions, and once they became violent they should have been shot dead, especially in cities where this didn't happen (which is everywhere except Minneapolis)!

jsbhike
03-10-21, 20:30
Guys, I'm gonna say something here that isn't going to be popular, but I've said it since Memorial Day of last year: that shithead cop kneeled on his neck for 7+ minutes. Look at the pics and video. Now Floyd was a dirtbag to be sure and was loaded with Fentanyl (which no doubt contributed to his death, as did the knee), but is that how we do policing in this country? Once he's cuffed put the sumbitch face down and keep him there. A foot while standing, pushing him back down if he tries to get up, should suffice if the perp is restrained. What happened was over-the-top.

Now, having said that, everything that happened as a result all summer long was bullshit. The animals needed a rallying cry and Chauvin gave it to them. Does NOT excuse the animals for their actions, and once they became violent they should have been shot dead, especially in cities where this didn't happen (which is everywhere except Minneapolis)!

That's a fair assessment.

I have said before if things were working ideally/equally/as things should work Floyd should have been a blip in the news on being shot to death while attempting to rape the lady during a home invasion while the Chauvins should likely be at some point towards the shitty end of the stick over the alleged tax evasion.

lowprone
03-10-21, 21:03
There should be a change of venue he can't get a fair trial there .

AndyLate
03-10-21, 21:09
Guys, I'm gonna say something here that isn't going to be popular, but I've said it since Memorial Day of last year: that shithead cop kneeled on his neck for 7+ minutes.

I don't think what you say is unpopular. I think the majority of us feel that even the oxygen thieves deserve due process.

Andy

yoni
03-10-21, 22:48
That shithead cop, should have been fired.

Why?

Because as soon as the shithead criminal was saying he couldn't breath, the shithead cop should have called for paramedics.

The shithead cop should be acquitted of murder charges.

The shithead cop and his shithead wife are going to go to jail for a long time on tax issues.

utahjeepr
03-11-21, 08:50
The courthouse is surrounded by activists demanding "justice". The police and NG are prepared for an assault at any moment. There are people promising to out the jurors in order to "hold them accountable", including members of the press. You gonna sit on that jury? Not me! I'm gonna tell em straight up, "F this kangaroo court and your joke of a fair trail!" They can hold me in contempt but they can't put me in the line of fire. Don't get me wrong, I would serve if I believed there was any chance at a real trial and I would weigh the evidence fairly, and with an open mind. But this is gonna be a Salem witch trial and everybody knows it. This is no longer about Chauvin or George Floyd.

This trial is going to be a referendum on "systemic institutionalized racism". All whites are "guilty", we are all "slavemasters", there is "blood on your hands" and your failure to acknowledge that is "proof of your hatred".

Minneapolis is gonna burn no matter what. In protest, or celebration. Either way it gonna get ugly.

Black_Sheep
03-11-21, 10:28
Leftists will get what they thought they wanted, buyers remorse is sure to follow. It’s an impossible situation without possibility of peaceful resolution, the press, BLM and ANTIFA will make sure of that...

Todd.K
03-11-21, 11:52
Guys, I'm gonna say something here that isn't going to be popular...

What is your preferred method to restrain someone who is likely to hurt THEMSELF if allowed to move?

Circle_10
03-11-21, 11:57
I’m looking forward to another “mostly peaceful” summer....

SteveS
03-12-21, 08:58
This is being allowed. Our politicians and unionized government employees are corrupt.

SteveS
03-12-21, 08:59
I don't think what you say is unpopular. I think the majority of us feel that even the oxygen thieves deserve due process.

Andy

Indeed.

Firefly
03-12-21, 09:12
That shithead cop, should have been fired.

Why?

Because as soon as the shithead criminal was saying he couldn't breath, the shithead cop should have called for paramedics.

The shithead cop should be acquitted of murder charges.

The shithead cop and his shithead wife are going to go to jail for a long time on tax issues.

I dunno. You hear “I can’t breev” for lots of dumb shit

“man these cuffs be tight n shit. I cant breev”
“Man the A/C not getting to me, Cuz. I can’t breev”
“Man it’s too cold in dis muffuking back seat. Turn up the heat. I can’t breev”
“Man can I gets a cigarette befo we go inna jail. I can’t breev in dere wifout one” [HAND ON THE BIBLE I HAVE HEARD THIS ONE]
“Man you taking me to jail? I’m too fat to go to jail. I can’t breev” (hadn’t even put hands on them yet)

You hear “I can’t breathe” so much it makes that last little bit of Jesus you had tucked away for a rainy day whisper in your ear “Let’s do it, man. Let’s do the whole village”

yoni
03-12-21, 09:29
Can't breev, is something I never had to deal with.

But the cuffs are too tight, I cant feel my hands

It is either too hot or too cold in the back seat.

I am too fat to wear cuffs

But from what I understand respiratory arrest is common with the shit he ODed on.

Which if that is true then maybe they should have called for paramedics a lot sooner.

Averageman
03-12-21, 09:36

But from what I understand respiratory arrest is common with the shit he ODed on.

Which if that is true then maybe they should have called for paramedics a lot sooner.

What are the odds that when he saw that cop coming across the street, he put the drugs in his mouth and then during the prelude to the arrest, he panicked and swallowed it?
He kind of went zero to sixty there, I wonder if he understood what he had done and then began feeling the effects and understood he was going to die?

Just something I hadn't seen someone explore before.

utahjeepr
03-12-21, 09:42

Have you seen the bodycam footage? Floyd was yelling "I can't breathe!" and other such crap before anyone even touched him.

Firefly
03-12-21, 10:23
Have you seen the bodycam footage? Floyd was yelling "I can't breathe!" and other such crap before anyone even touched him.

This. If anything the popo were doing what he wanted. He actively resisted sitting his black ass down in the back seat. So they do si do’d and tried to accommodate him. They didn’t know, and should not be held accountable for, the insane amounts of opioids he shoved up his anus. I seriously don’t see how they could have called for paramedics sooner. And even then paramedics WILL NOT get involved if the subject is actively resisting (Ambulance Drivers are a skittish lot)

Yoni, bubeleh, you’re creating new standards that simply don’t need to exist.

You’re asking police to:
-be psychic
-preemptively call for medics who won’t do anything until the subject is cuffed and on the ground (like in the video)
-Do enough but not too much nor too little

If I were Chauvin and if I knew then what is known now. I would have gotten 10-8 and not even bothered. Which is what they want and what they shall receive.

I would gladly let thuggies beat their women, kill their children or somebody else’s, sell dope to your white children, steal your cars, rape your daughters and kill your korean/hindu store owners before I get put in a lameass situation where I am “responsible” for somebody ODing or doing something stupid

I’m like John Galt up in here. I’m leaving it as I found it.

I’ll just photo whatever corpses remain and do a nice report.

utahjeepr
03-12-21, 10:41
Floyd had 11ng/ml of fentanyl in his blood at autopsy. He had a 0.0% chance of seeing the sunset. Lethal dose is generally considered to be 2-3ng/ml.

I'm no doc, but my understanding is that given those blood levels absolutely nothing short of time travel would have saved him.

Averageman
03-12-21, 11:01

Because the drugs were likely swallowed and he was high as hell.
I'm not sure how you can not breathe and yet continue to say "I can not breathe" forty some times in a row.
He might have been so high he didn't think he was breathing, but yes, he was still breathing or he wouldn't have been able to say that.

I still think he hid the dope in his mouth and swallowed it, then semi realized he just killed himself.

ABNAK
03-12-21, 13:19
What is your preferred method to restrain someone who is likely to hurt THEMSELF if allowed to move?

A judicious foot in the back to push them down (cuffed and feet restrained too). Not leaning on it constantly. Certainly not kneeling on their friggin' neck for 7+ minutes.

Look, Floyd was a POS. I'm not shedding any tears. But actually think about this for a second: a full-grown adult male kneeling on your neck, quite solidly, for over 7 minutes. Sorry, but that's bound to create some kind of problems.

titsonritz
03-12-21, 13:39
This. If anything the popo were doing what he wanted. He actively resisted sitting his black ass down in the back seat. So they do si do’d and tried to accommodate him. They didn’t know, and should not be held accountable for, the insane amounts of opioids he shoved up his anus. I seriously don’t see how they could have called for paramedics sooner. And even then paramedics WILL NOT get involved if the subject is actively resisting (Ambulance Drivers are a skittish lot)

Yoni, bubeleh, you’re creating new standards that simply don’t need to exist.

You’re asking police to:
-be psychic
-preemptively call for medics who won’t do anything until the subject is cuffed and on the ground (like in the video)
-Do enough but not too much nor too little

If I were Chauvin and if I knew then what is known now. I would have gotten 10-8 and not even bothered. Which is what they want and what they shall receive.

I would gladly let thuggies beat their women, kill their children or somebody else’s, sell dope to your white children, steal your cars, rape your daughters and kill your korean/hindu store owners before I get put in a lameass situation where I am “responsible” for somebody ODing or doing something stupid

I’m like John Galt up in here. I’m leaving it as I found it.

I’ll just photo whatever corpses remain and do a nice report.

Cool, your terms are acceptable so long as you don't come after me after I do what I got to do, we can still friends, hang out and BBQ or whatever.

yoni
03-12-21, 13:45
I had a reason I left civilian law enforcement in the USA, and went back to chasing terrorist.

Gabriel556
03-12-21, 13:47
George Floyd settlement: $27 million approved by Minneapolis City Council.

This was a unanimous vote. Nothing like handling the responsibility before the criminal trial.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-approves-27-million-settlement-in-george-floyd-death-lawsuit.amp?taid=604bb874459bb900012c4edd&utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

titsonritz
03-12-21, 13:59

This was a unanimous vote. Nothing like handling the responsibility before the criminal trial.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/minneapolis-city-council-approves-27-million-settlement-in-george-floyd-death-lawsuit.amp?taid=604bb874459bb900012c4edd&utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Now bill them for the riots.

Firefly
03-12-21, 14:08
The problem with multi million dollar settlements is that eventually you run out of white taxpayers willing to stay and pay.

The LA Riots almost bankrupted Los Angeles and for what?

I’m sorry but eventually Shanekua and her kids will simply have to starve with no heat if we can’t have functional cities with an economy

utahjeepr
03-12-21, 14:29
The problem with multi million dollar settlements is that eventually you run out of white taxpayers willing to stay and pay.

The LA Riots almost bankrupted Los Angeles and for what?

I’m sorry but eventually Shanekua and her kids will simply have to starve with no heat if we can’t have functional cities with an economy

Rodney King got about $4 million. Then he drowned in the pool at his fancy new digs, high as low orbit satellite on PCP, coke, pot, and booze.

Nice how he turned his life around and all.

Averageman
03-12-21, 15:34
Why don't they just give these Cops duffle bag loads of cash every tour of duty and just pay the thugs off immediately to stop the BS?
I mean 27 Million?
Here Jimmy, here is 2K, now please take it and go back home.
I mean, really, what could go wrong?

Vandal
03-12-21, 18:15

Most of that will go to the platoon of lawyers, the rest will be pissed away within a year by the family on houses, cars, trips, booze, drugs, etc. Happens every time.

The timing is terrible, and likely done on purpose. This will be seen as an admission of guilt by the city and Chauvin will have even a lower chance of getting a fair trial in Minneapolis. The trial is political theater already and if Chauvin is cleared, which is very possible, last summer's riots will pale in comparison to what is coming.

duece71
03-12-21, 19:12
No way Chauvin is getting a fair trial in Minneapolis. Move it to Rochester.......:jester:

ABNAK
03-12-21, 19:14
Most of that will go to the platoon of lawyers, the rest will be pissed away within a year by the family on houses, cars, trips, booze, drugs, etc. Happens every time.

The timing is terrible, and likely done on purpose. This will be seen as an admission of guilt by the city and Chauvin will have even a lower chance of getting a fair trial in Minneapolis. The trial is political theater already and if Chauvin is cleared, which is very possible, last summer's riots will pale in comparison to what is coming.

And that is what royally pisses me off the most. It won't just happen in Minneapolis; no, it will happen everywhere, AGAIN.

Please tell me what Nashville/Birmingham/NYC/LA/Miami/wherever has f**k-all to do with Minneapolis and those assholes Chauvin and Floyd? I'm nowhere near MN but my state, and many others nowhere near there will also pay the price.

Todd.K
03-12-21, 20:00
A judicious foot in the back to push them down (cuffed and feet restrained too). Not leaning on it constantly. Certainly not kneeling on their friggin' neck for 7+ minutes.

I don’t think you understand where this goes sometimes. You can’t just hold someone down in the back and let them bang their head against the pavement. And you can’t just wait for them to go nuts, if you see some signs you need to be proactive about really having more control.

The thing is you don’t even have to believe the cops, look up what EMT’s have to say about dealing with excited delirium. Scary stuff.

ABNAK
03-12-21, 20:49
I don’t think you understand where this goes sometimes. You can’t just hold someone down in the back and let them bang their head against the pavement. And you can’t just wait for them to go nuts, if you see some signs you need to be proactive about really having more control.

The thing is you don’t even have to believe the cops, look up what EMT’s have to say about dealing with excited delirium. Scary stuff.

Yeah, I get the things-go-sideways aspect of it. Murphy is driving. And Murphy will likely dish up some "cracked-out" jackass (under the influence of whatever) that you've gotta deal with. I'm not saying I wouldn't be tempted to help him smack his head on the ground, but just thinking of having a knee across your neck with a normal-sized human's weight (while restrained). It'd be tough, a l-o-n-g seven minutes, and even being methed-out it would kind of get old really quick.

Boy Scout
03-12-21, 22:50
Something that’s important to remember is that the knee on the neck tactic was official MPD policy (use of force policy 5-300, before it was conveniently changed over the summer) and involved an officer applying pressure to the side of the neck of a proned out combative subject experiencing excited delirium - with the specific emphasis to render the subject unconscious through a type of “sleeper hold,” using the knee and the carotid.

For all intents and purposes, Chaivin did it correctly; it just did not work because Floyd was so hopped up. There was absolutely no winning that situation.

Minneapolis will burn, many other cities will burn, Chuavin will be charged with 3rd Degree Homicide (manslaughter) and will be dragged out of the court by BLM and lynched in the street.

Vandal
03-13-21, 05:25

I'm likely one of the few on this board who has seen excited delirium more than once in the field, it's terrifying and I still have a magazine pouch that was ripped from my belt as a reminder. It is a one-way ticket to death without immediate medical attention and body temp cooling, ketamine seems to work well to help shut them down. If you haven't seen it before, you won't recognize it and my first time I had to be told what was going on. I thought the guy was being an exceptional a-hole who wanted to resist and was super sweaty with a stupid high heart rate and I could see it in his neck. LVNR was used to render the subject unconscious then it was a mad rush to get him strapped to the gurney. Floyd was going to die that day, it was just a matter of how. The knee on Floyd's neck didn't kill him, the drugs and likely excited delirium as his body fought to try to save itself did. I just hope that information makes it out in trial.

The coming riots are going to destroy cities and we will long for NYC in the late 1970s. Seattle, PDX, NYC, LA to a lesser extent, and of course Minneapolis will be destroyed. I don't see them going deep into the suburbs as those cops and citizens will have a different rule set compared to the restraints on cops in large cities. We already saw that in the Seattle area last summer. They hit Bellevue and Tukwilla once and learned not to do that twice.

AndyLate
03-13-21, 06:18
I can't even express the dread I feel, knowing that good, honest, hard working people are going to suffer through riots that will make Dresden look like a camp fire.

Oh the irony that the same people who spent a year shouting "follow the science" for a year will be destroying cities because they refuse to do just that in this case.

Andy

ABNAK
03-13-21, 08:28
I'm likely one of the few on this board who has seen excited delirium more than once in the field, it's terrifying and I still have a magazine pouch that was ripped from my belt as a reminder. It is a one-way ticket to death without immediate medical attention and body temp cooling, ketamine seems to work well to help shut them down. If you haven't seen it before, you won't recognize it and my first time I had to be told what was going on. I thought the guy was being an exceptional a-hole who wanted to resist and was super sweaty with a stupid high heart rate and I could see it in his neck. LVNR was used to render the subject unconscious then it was a mad rush to get him strapped to the gurney. Floyd was going to die that day, it was just a matter of how. The knee on Floyd's neck didn't kill him, the drugs and likely excited delirium as his body fought to try to save itself did. I just hope that information makes it out in trial.

The coming riots are going to destroy cities and we will long for NYC in the late 1970s. Seattle, PDX, NYC, LA to a lesser extent, and of course Minneapolis will be destroyed. I don't see them going deep into the suburbs as those cops and citizens will have a different rule set compared to the restraints on cops in large cities. We already saw that in the Seattle area last summer. They hit Bellevue and Tukwilla once and learned not to do that twice.

I agree the drugs played a major role in his death, but since you're knowledgeable about the technique let me ask you this: according to video Floyd was unconscious (or just stopped moving) for the final two minutes of the knee-on-neck time. I know from the modicum of self-defense training I've had that a carotid "choke-out" is only performed until the subject is rendered unconscious. To do so for an additional two minutes afterwards is a bit much, no? I hate to be cliche' and use the word "excessive" but that would seem to be the case. You said yourself in your first encounter with ED that once rendered unconscious it was a "mad rush" to get him to a gurney. Continuing to apply pressure for two additional minutes isn't what you did.

It has also been said that Chauvin and Floyd both worked at the same nightclub as security, so likely knew each other. Maybe some bad blood for whatever reason?

utahjeepr
03-13-21, 09:27
It has also been said that Chauvin and Floyd both worked at the same nightclub as security, so likely knew each other. Maybe some bad blood for whatever reason?

This was overblown. Doesn't appear they worked at the same times/events. No evidence they ever saw each other before day 0.

Meh, let the shitholes burn. Not my AO, not my lookout. In the unlikely event that they decide to party in the sticks, I'll play. But most likely I'll watch the games on TV like last year. SLC got a little spicy, and some POS shot a guy in Provo, but I live at the corner of No and Where.

Hamsters wanna burn their habitrails it's no concern of mine. To quote Maxine Waters, "Burn baby, burn! No justice, no peace!" Hell, I'll send em some money for matches and gas.

PracticalRifleman
03-13-21, 09:49
I agree the drugs played a major role in his death, but since you're knowledgeable about the technique let me ask you this: according to video Floyd was unconscious (or just stopped moving) for the final two minutes of the knee-on-neck time. I know from the modicum of self-defense training I've had that a carotid "choke-out" is only performed until the subject is rendered unconscious. To do so for an additional two minutes afterwards is a bit much, no? I hate to be cliche' and use the word "excessive" but that would seem to be the case. You said yourself in your first encounter with ED that once rendered unconscious it was a "mad rush" to get him to a gurney. Continuing to apply pressure for two additional minutes isn't what you did.

As I understand, there was no tissue damage or trauma to Floyd’s neck on the autopsy report. Seems there was no pressure. No pressure, no way to know he stopped moving.

Floyd died from drug abuse. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel556
03-13-21, 10:47
I can't even express the dread I feel, knowing that good, honest, hard working people are going to suffer through riots that will make Dresden look like a camp fire.

Oh the irony that the same people who spent a year shouting "follow the science" for a year will be destroying cities because they refuse to do just that in this case.

Andy

I unfortunately live 40 miles west of Chicago and my wife will have to deal with securing some of her company’s property (buildings and ATMs). I could care less if the city burns, and I am fortunate that my AOR will stomp down unrest. But I am pissed tat I’ll have to hear about “cultural sensitivity” again at work like when Floyd died. The counter argument got shut down pretty quick when actual statistics on use of force and the ratios of race were brought up. I hope even more people stand up against this shit discussion when it happens again. I wanted to chime in, but got muted. “Live like a thug, die like a thug” is how I saw the situation.

Firefly
03-13-21, 10:52
As I understand, there was no tissue damage or trauma to Floyd’s neck on the autopsy report. Seems there was no pressure. No pressure, no way to know he stopped moving.

Floyd died from drug abuse. Period.

This. I’ve said this as soon as it happened but everybody wanted trial by Facebook. Even lost acquaintances over it (didn’t hurt my feelings)

Look at this picture:

https://img.apmcdn.org/192b4d3318a6c801dc1721dcb63b60ab04660ed3/uncropped/a88d47-20200529-george-floyd-chauvin1.png

LOOK VERY CLOSELY. Disabuse yourself of emotion, bias, and passion. LOOK AGAIN.

See how his hands are on his pockets. How his arm his relaxed? His weight is on his RIGHT.KNEE. Not his left. As anyone who has actually DONE THE SHIT can tell you; you will be very much off-kilter kneeling down on a surface area like the nape of a neck. It’s impossible for him to have given him a carotid hit. Even if he WAS bearing down, he couldn’t have kept balance. All his weight was on the other knee. The knee behind Floyd’s neck was to brace and place. To keep him from wigging out and banging his head or shifting on his shoulder blades. It is a common cuffing and control technique and exactly from the textbook of decades of police apprehension.

Stock photo but see this?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/56/14/ee/5614ee91834f368f48f7ec5292f6b033.jpg

She is positioned to where she can control that head and shoulders if he starts to push up or buck.

Here’s another picture of why you need to be bracing that neck:

https://cdn.athlonoutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2011/05/guns-and-weapons-for-law-enforcement1-425x610.1512003796.jpg

Uh oh. Looks like he has strong opinions about being arrested. Officer can lock down to keep his range of motion limited or do a total drop and engage. But it is giving him an option. (That article was from 10 years ago)

Also for the learning disabled who have never policed a day in their lives waiting to “AKCHUALLY” me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAuomhS_M1o

They walk you through it in this 6 year old video.

At this point, if you think Chauvin contributed to Floyd’s death in any way then you’re just a retard for whom I have no time.

Class dismissed. Stay alert. Stay alive.

ABNAK
03-13-21, 11:55
This. I’ve said this as soon as it happened but everybody wanted trial by Facebook. Even lost acquaintances over it (didn’t hurt my feelings)

Look at this picture:

https://img.apmcdn.org/192b4d3318a6c801dc1721dcb63b60ab04660ed3/uncropped/a88d47-20200529-george-floyd-chauvin1.png

LOOK VERY CLOSELY. Disabuse yourself of emotion, bias, and passion. LOOK AGAIN. I did and his torso is upright, not leaned to the right like it would be if indeed he had his weight on his right knee; in fact, it appears he has a bit of a forward lean.

See how his hands are on his pockets. How his arm his relaxed? His weight is on his RIGHT.KNEE. Not his left. As anyone who has actually DONE THE SHIT can tell you; you will be very much off-kilter kneeling down on a surface area like the nape of a neck. It’s impossible for him to have given him a carotid hit. Even if he WAS bearing down, he couldn’t have kept balance. All his weight was on the other knee. The knee behind Floyd’s neck was to brace and place. To keep him from wigging out and banging his head or shifting on his shoulder blades. It is a common cuffing and control technique and exactly from the textbook of decades of police apprehension.

If it was me I would have had my left hand leaning on the back of the cruiser's bumper or rear quarter panel, not in my pocket. Much better balance that way if indeed his weight was on his right leg as you suggest. Was his "digging for change" schtick to make it appear he wasn't bearing down? I dunno, and neither do you because we aren't Chauvin. What Firefly would or wouldn't do isn't germane to the argument. That it is apparently an accepted technique by some agencies does not mean Chauvin was "benevolent" in it's application. Also, IIRC you're in your 40's, I'm in my 50's. Don't know about you but 7+ minutes with weight on ONE KNEE on pavement (and no knee pads either) would be extremely unlikely and certainly tortuous.....unless of course that weight wasn't on one knee after all.

Yeah, I'm well aware that it's a restraint technique used by some agencies; that all came out last summer when this first happened.

Cops are SME's on cop stuff. Medical people are SME's on medical stuff. However, there are situations that transcend and overlap where common freaking sense comes into play. You as a cop may recognize a medical situation or event where someone was negligent or half-assed and it didn't take medical training/schooling to pick up on that. Likewise, it doesn't take a cop to see something rotten in Denmark with some cop situations.

Since your post was no doubt directed at me, YMMV.

ABNAK
03-13-21, 12:10
Look at this pic:

https://apnews.com/article/0eeb28e505231ce153c60559c921f5d3/gallery/f966b5bc49d147c2aa3af0b5bfe7a1b3

Floyd's head is turned, not face down like the pic Firefly posted. Not sure where in the process either one took place or which was first, but it looks like he's "lights out" in this pic and head turned to the side. You also can't tell me that Chauvin has all his weight on his right knee. Ain't buying it.

The fact that this is a restraint technique used by some agencies does NOT mean it is universally applied properly. Is Chauvin guilty of murder? Probably not, but gross negligence perhaps (or whatever is Minnesota's version thereof). Bye bye to being a cop and you're gonna sit your ass in the gray-bar hotel for a few years to boot.

Firefly
03-13-21, 12:18
I’ve....I’ve been on my knees on bare pavement with no kneepads or anything wearing polyester Class As to Utilities for almost 30 minutes or more doing a thorough vehicle search. His WEIGHT was on his knee but he’s offset and balanced. It’s not different at all from a kneeling position. Look at his left boot. There’s hardly any weight on it.

This isn’t some “let’s go kill a negro” KKK Conspiracy. He was relaxing a bit because he was ONE HIS KNEES FOR 7 MINUTES TRYING TO CONTROL HIS SUSPECT.

If you feel sorry for George Floyd that’s on you. I can think of no simpler way to explain it. This is like me trying to tell you about jumping out of planes. You know a lot more goes into it than how it looks on TV and that every jump can potentially kill or cripple you even if all your gear is sound just because of wind or getting air stolen or some other thing I don’t know about.

If you can’t be on your knees for a few minutes then that’s too bad. I am indeed middle aged but you still do the job. Or you quit/retire/die.

Every time someone wants to do this trail of tears for a piece of shit who probably deserved to die anyways, it makes me somewhat bitter when someone expects the police to have a sense of urgency because your daughter got raped or your house got busted info.

You’re the experts. You know better than me. Go forth. Have at it. Get your own warrants, get your own evidence, and make your own arrests. Prove your own cases. Don’t come sookin’ up to me when the ACLU, ADL, Southern Poverty Law Center, NAACP, or some other asshole group tries to paint you as a loose cannon.

I wish they would have a strike like in Robocop for a month. Everybody would be begging for some good old fashioned Law and Order then.

These people want you dead, penniless, unemployable, defamed, and your children converted to homosexual and you’re virtue signaling for them because of some weird white guilt or because you had to see how real it gets.

Don’t sacrifice your dignity for virtue. It never works. I still say if they broke out the 249s and Willy Pete that the riots would have been over very quickly.

You teach young men to withstand semen being thrown in their faces while sir sandwiching a dreadhead in piss soaked pants but they can’t beat the perpetrator with a maglite until his brain stem severs because it’s CRUEL?!

ABNAK
03-13-21, 12:31
Perhaps you should go back and read what I've written earlier in this very thread.

To wit: "Floyd was a POS" and "I'll shed no tears [for Floyd]". And by all means when protests turn into violent riots then it's time to turn up the heat and shoot their asses once fair warning has been given (one warning though).

You seem cynical enough that I wouldn't have found it likely that the Thin Blue Line had cult-like appeal to you. You need to quit thinking everyone is out to get cops, defund them, etc. Yeah, those people exist, but you'll never find one thing I written here to that effect. I AM, however, all about accountability and I don't give a damn what one's occupation is. Same applies to me if I'm derelict in my duties at work.

So, in a perfect world where Firefly is the judge and jury......does Chauvin walk, free to resume life as a Minneapolis cop like nothing happened? Don't say "Well he can't because of the publicity the PD would have" or such, if you could have it YOUR way how would it play out?

Oh, for the record: haven't tried prolonged kneeling on my new titanium knees I've had for 15 months now, not sure it would feel great though. I can tell you that the last couple years prior to that it would have SUCKED balls to put all my weight on one knee for that long as they were both smoked.

Firefly
03-13-21, 13:05
The thin blue line hasn’t existed for some time.

If I had my way Chauvin walks, goes back to patrol with retroactive pay, and the lesson learned is “don’t OD on drugs. It’s BAD for ya.”

You know you’re not putting your weight on the point of your knee. You have shins too.

Bah. Bah to it all. You get the society you deserve.

utahjeepr
03-13-21, 13:20

If I had my way Chauvin walks, goes back to patrol with retroactive pay, and the lesson learned is “don’t OD on drugs. It’s BAD for ya.”

You know you’re not putting your weight on the point of your knee. You have shins too.

The caveat I'd put on that is that Chauvin had a duty to keep a better eye in the condition of his subject. I don't know this stuff, you do, you win. I would expect that you monitor the condition of said dirt bag and given that you do interact with drug addled perps, the risks involved are known to you.

I would say he was too complacent. Floyd may have been a walking DOA, but Chauvin had a responsibility to attempt to safeguard him once he was proned out. He's guilty of bad optics, and maybe some degree of negligence. Not necessarily criminal negligence, but ... ?

Of course, all this from my nice comfy armchair. With 0.0 seconds of experience or training as a cop.

AndyLate
03-13-21, 13:25
I would rather Chauvin walk free and move next door to me than live in the same city as George Floyd. Nothing Chavin did caused Floyd's death and that death was not murder or even manslaughter, it was a gift from God. He was a mad dog and it was long past time to put him down.

Andy

PracticalRifleman
03-13-21, 13:34
The caveat I'd put on that is that Chauvin had a duty to keep a better eye in the condition of his subject. I don't know this stuff, you do, you win. I would expect that you monitor the condition of said dirt bag and given that you do interact with drug addled perps, the risks involved are known to you.

I would say he was too complacent. Floyd may have been a walking DOA, but Chauvin had a responsibility to attempt to safeguard him once he was proned out. He's guilty of bad optics, and maybe some degree of negligence. Not necessarily criminal negligence, but ... ?

Of course, all this from my nice comfy armchair. With 0.0 seconds of experience or training as a cop.

The only thing he could have done was recognized sooner that he was unresponsive and started CPR while others grabbed Narcan.

I know that everybody thinks they know from the video right when he went unresponsive, but that’s further evidence that there was no pressure on his knee. He couldn’t tell because he wasn’t “choking him out”.

If things went perfect, Floyd still dies.

I’m sure they’ll do their best to convict. If they do, I figure this is just another step into mob rule and the loss of the republic.

Do we want to live in a society where mob rule and social media opinion? I don’t. And I don’t respect anybody in the process if that is allowed to happen.

utahjeepr
03-13-21, 13:55
The only thing he could have done was recognized sooner that he was unresponsive and started CPR while others grabbed Narcan.

If things went perfect, Floyd still dies.

Agreed. I'm at Chauvin gets an ass chewing, maybe some in house discipline/training. But the world ain't fair.

Do you think for one second that the city VERY publicly settling for millions during jury selection is a coincidence? It's to taint the jury and send a message. I also expect that there will be testimony related to the settlement.

Q- "Mr. City Attorney, why did the city pay...?"

A- "Well you see, officer murder britches over there... "

ABNAK
03-13-21, 14:02

If I had my way Chauvin walks, goes back to patrol with retroactive pay, and the lesson learned is “don’t OD on drugs. It’s BAD for ya.” At least you're honest.

I'm not one to rely on the cops as MY line of defense, as I'm not defenseless. I'll shoot a mofo in the face if making me worm food is his aim. But God forbid we have "vigilante" justice so that's where cops come in I guess, to keep things civilized. I'll tell ya though, something goes bump in the night or some street scum is trying to pull me out of my vehicle and I won't be dialing 911 until the brass has hit the floor first. No bravado, just truth.

Firefly
03-13-21, 14:44
I'm not one to rely on the cops as MY line of defense, as I'm not defenseless. I'll shoot a mofo in the face if making me worm food is his aim. But God forbid we have "vigilante" justice so that's where cops come in I guess, to keep things civilized. I'll tell ya though, something goes bump in the night or some street scum is trying to pull me out of my vehicle and I won't be dialing 911 until the brass has hit the floor first. No bravado, just truth.

And I’m unironically okay with that. In fact. I don’t see why you should call 911 at all. You’re bothering the police at that point. You got 30 acres, some lime, and a backhoe. Nobody will miss these people. They weren’t going to be anybody and they’ve usually already bred somewhere.

I don’t know why people think it’s cool to call the police if you live in the boondocks. Don’t be one of these people who grows a conscience and says to his woman “baby, baby I see his eyes and face in my sleep”. He knew what he was doing. In fact, we could almost make a case that he wanted it.
Also any women or kids in your household better know to shut their pieholes.

If you only knew how many murders go unsolved, you would play the odds because some ASSHOLE will try to dox you or do something if they find out.

You don’t have to tell everybody everything

Gabriel556
03-13-21, 15:38
Firefly is right. Hate to say it. But he is.

PracticalRifleman
03-13-21, 18:05
And I’m unironically okay with that. In fact. I don’t see why you should call 911 at all. You’re bothering the police at that point. You got 30 acres, some lime, and a backhoe. Nobody will miss these people. They weren’t going to be anybody and they’ve usually already bred somewhere.

I don’t know why people think it’s cool to call the police if you live in the boondocks. Don’t be one of these people who grows a conscience and says to his woman “baby, baby I see his eyes and face in my sleep”. He knew what he was doing. In fact, we could almost make a case that he wanted it.

If you only knew how many murders go unsolved, you would play the odds because some ASSHOLE will try to dox you or do something if they find out.

You know, you’d like the part of the world I’m in. People rarely come looking for scum bags. They just are gone and nobody cares. There are lots of caves, deep holes, and wild hogs.

ABNAK
03-13-21, 19:29

No kids. My dogs don't talk. Wife is crustier than I am attitude-wise. Don't think there will be any issues. :rolleyes:

You're right though.....I live out in the sticks on 22 acres. Can't physically see my neighbors. Unless there just happened to be a sheriff patrol or statey driving nearby "out in the county", the LE response would be painfully s-l-o-w. My driveway is 1/10th of a mile long so anybody coming up in here is subject to considerable scrutiny. I'll deal with it.

However, my wife and I work in the city about 50 minutes away. During "civil unrest" my biggest concern will be going to and from work. Got that covered too.

I look at it this way: calling 911 for imminent criminal threats (not heart attacks or strokes) results in yellow police tape and a chalk outline around your corpse. YOU and you alone are responsible for your survival.

duece71
03-13-21, 19:59

Ah ha, yes indeed.

gunrunner505
03-14-21, 10:12
I’ve said it before. If these neighborhoods don’t want a police presence, by all means, accommodate them. Every Monday a dump truck and a front loader drive around to collect the weekend makings and then we’ll see you in a week.

Bring out your dead.....ring......Bring out your dead.....

Firefly
03-14-21, 10:41
This is a taste of what I deal with everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uG9PGqaWeo

Some days I think Peruvian style Death Squads like Magnum Force with a bit of Purge would be fun. Maybe even solve a few problems. But no. After a while it would be gratuitous and at the end it would have aggrieved me to the point where I couldn’t enjoy normal life.

Like those porn girls who go too far. They go join a church or try to have a family with then employed white guy but it’s and indelible mark on the soul so they OD on barbies or hang themselves in the attic.

I’m sure it was fun at the time but the overall weight is too much. There’s simply no hope.

You know....if it wasn’t Floyd. It would have been somebody else. I often wondered what made people care about pieces of shit. Or wanna be so leftist. Look man. We both know nobody really likes being gay. Or a tranny. Or wanting to wait in line 8 hours to buy bread. Or being destroyed because you laughed at a hilarious joke that happened to be racist, sexist, or grossly insensitive.

What happened is it got some attention amd now people just go through the motions in some macabre danse and bandying of whores. Like how married people have dispassionate marital congress. Neither one feels anything anymore but they just think the other wants it and are in denial of their own mortality amd place in time. That they are aging, and starting to rot. That this is all there is.

All this energy expended on some cause nobody believes in.

Weltmüde is the only word I have today

ABNAK
03-14-21, 11:05
This is a taste of what I deal with everyday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uG9PGqaWeo

Lucky you. Retirement sounds pretty good, doesn't it?

At least you work in a field where you can tell the subject of your attention what time it is; I mean, cops aren't known for warm fuzzies and it isn't expected. On the other hand, I dare not tell someone what time it is because feelz and all that shit, regardless of whether it's my patients, their families, or the thin-skinned bitches that work there. I am rather blunt and would absolutely RELISH the opportunity to tell some fvckers off in grand fashion. But nooooo, that'd cost me my job. Another 5 years or so and I'm out for good. Maybe on my way out, my parting gift.......

vicious_cb
03-14-21, 21:09

Pretty much all this BS was started because of misuse of force, they should have just let him OD in peace instead of making a show of it, even looks like he enjoyed flaunting it in front the crowd just to troll them knowing he's immune "cause its a training manual approved move." Still a sh*t bag copper in my book.

Andy

Exactly, Chauvin is likely a massive sh*t bag just looking at his complaint history but still doesnt deserve to get the book thrown at him.

PracticalRifleman
03-14-21, 21:12
Exactly, Chauvin is likely a sh*t bag just looking at his complaint history but still doesnt deserve to get the book thrown at him.

You’d be surprised how many “complaints” are just people pissed off they got a ticket or got arrested for the crime they didn’t think was a big deal.

vicious_cb
03-14-21, 21:24
You’d be surprised how many “complaints” are just people pissed off they got a ticket or got arrested for the crime they didn’t think was a big deal.

But I mean several orders of magnitude more than the rest of the coppers in his dept? According to a certain lawyer there's usually sh*t baggery going on with officers who have several times the average number of complaints.

PracticalRifleman
03-14-21, 21:26
But I mean several orders of magnitude more than the rest of the coppers in his dept? According to a certain lawyer there's usually sh*t baggery going on with officers who have several times the average number of complaints.

Yeah but wasn’t he also a senior to officer? More years to rack up numbers than the guy that got there two or three years back.

AndyLate
03-14-21, 22:04
Exactly, Chauvin is likely a massive sh*t bag just looking at his complaint history but still doesnt deserve to get the book thrown at him.

Not my point at all. Floyd was a walking piece of dog shit but justice is blind so no cops can not shoot him out of hand. He enjoyed the same legal rights as anyone else.

Complaints... do you know who files sex/race/hostile workplace descrimination complaints? 90% of the time someone who just got in trouble and wants to hail mary a CYA. If a criminal or his lawyer thinks a complaint against the arresting officer will advantage them, they file it. Or a Cop hurts some immature criminals feelings by "disrespecting" them? Complaint

Once upon a time people understood habitual criminals are not honest.

Andy