PDA

View Full Version : You think LEO's are going to come running when you call?

Esq.
03-12-21, 09:46
https://www.yahoo.com/news/five-oklahoma-city-officers-face-221847259.html

Nope. Not anymore.....All by design....

This is the second OKC indictment of officers in the last few months on VERY QUESTIONABLE charges......at least, imo....

utahjeepr
03-12-21, 10:20
I'm just trying to figure out who the left thinks is gonna be around to enforce all these crazy ass laws they want to pass.

Maybe they plan on handing out badges to the Thug Life Matters crowd.

Firefly
03-12-21, 10:29
Doesn’t hurt my feelings. Still get paid. Don’t have to fight, get bodily fluids on me.

Netflix and Chill for my 12 hours. Maybe even a nap.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/284/922/0e3.png

I’d LOVE to help you but my hands. They are tied.

titsonritz
03-12-21, 10:29
I didn't realize I was going to call the comes.

Esq.
03-12-21, 10:30
I'm just trying to figure out who the left thinks is gonna be around to enforce all these crazy ass laws they want to pass.

Maybe they plan on handing out badges to the Thug Life Matters crowd.

That's EXACTLY what they will do because it's EXACTLY what they have done historically. You think it's somehow an accident that EVERYONE Kyle Rittenhouse shot had a criminal record? What are the odds on that? No.

Leftists have always used criminals as their muscle. Laverenti Behria- who ran Stalins secret police (oversaw the Katyn Massacre of 22,000 Polish Army Officers) and killed tens of thousands of people was a serial rapist. Isn't that convenient? Bring people in on charges, torture or liquidate them.... their wives need some comfort I'm sure......Nice folks the Reds.....

Esq.
03-12-21, 10:32
Doesn’t hurt my feelings. Still get paid. Don’t have to fight, get bodily fluids on me.

Can't say I blame you brother.....

titsonritz
03-12-21, 10:35
"Stavian Rodriguez had no weapons other than the firearm, which he dropped prior to being shot," the affidavit said. "A cellphone was recovered from the left rear pocket he had his hand in at the time he was shot."

Yeah, sounds like he was obeying their commands all right. :rolleyes:

titsonritz
03-12-21, 10:38
You think it's somehow an accident that EVERYONE Kyle Rittenhouse shot had a criminal record? What are the odds on that? No.

Pretty low odds if you ask me with zero surprise.

gunnerblue
03-12-21, 11:13
Looking up OK first degree manslaughter states, it appears that this charge is given for a killing done "in the heat of passion" or during the commission of a misdemeanor (e.g. DUI). Wondering at the rationale behind these charges.

It appears pretty cut and dried to me, though cases involving officers giving conflicting commands (unfortunately all too common, imo) can get messy.

Entryteam
03-12-21, 11:18

You just described my final 5 years on the street.

Good riddance to that job.

Esq.
03-12-21, 11:23
"Stavian Rodriguez had no weapons other than the firearm, which he dropped prior to being shot," the affidavit said. "A cellphone was recovered from the left rear pocket he had his hand in at the time he was shot."

Yeah, sounds like he was obeying their commands all right. :rolleyes:

And the officers KNEW that how exactly?

Circle_10
03-12-21, 11:29
I bet they’ll still kick your door in for a Red Flag gun seizure though.

CRAMBONE
03-12-21, 13:03
That's EXACTLY what they will do because it's EXACTLY what they have done historically. You think it's somehow an accident that EVERYONE Kyle Rittenhouse shot had a criminal record? What are the odds on that? No.

Leftists have always used criminals as their muscle. Laverenti Behria- who ran Stalins secret police (oversaw the Katyn Massacre of 22,000 Polish Army Officers) and killed tens of thousands of people was a serial rapist. Isn't that convenient? Bring people in on charges, torture or liquidate them.... their wives need some comfort I'm sure......Nice folks the Reds.....

Have you watched The Death of Stalin. While it is a Dramedy and I’m not sure how accurate it is, it is very telling of what can happen.

Esq.
03-12-21, 13:06
Have you watched The Death of Stalin. While it is a Dramedy and I’m not sure how accurate it is, it is very telling of what can happen.

Yes, I have. It was entertaining certainly. I have no idea how accurate it was. I would like to think that Zhukov intervened as he did there but who knows?

SteyrAUG
03-12-21, 23:24
Rodriguez is not your "bad cops" poster boy.

Armed robber was still armed during a police response and contact, sometimes these things go bad. If he crawled out the window WITHOUT bringing his gun with him then MAYBE...

The only thing questionable about these charges is the fact that the LEOs were charged.

If I'm returning home because my home alarm went off and somebody tried to rob my house while my family was home and I first encountered the armed invader as he crawled out a window and was still armed...well there is NO QUESTION about if I'm going to shoot him or not.

ETA: disregard. Misunderstood the point of the OP.

GH41
03-13-21, 06:52
He was hit 13 times.. I wonder how many shots were fired.

Mauser KAR98K
03-13-21, 08:19

In the Gulag Archipelago, Solzhenitsyn wrote that thieves were used to help keep the rest of tye Zecks in line at the camps, to the point thieves were looked up to as someone to be revered.

AndyLate
03-13-21, 10:14
I don't really expect the popo to come running. The people that do are the same ones protesting police in the streets. Don't believe me? Go punch one of those weirdo boygirl anteefas in the mouth and see what happens.

Andy

Esq.
03-13-21, 14:14
I don't really expect the popo to come running. The people that do are the same ones protesting police in the streets. Don't believe me? Go punch one of those weirdo boygirl anteefas in the mouth and see what happens.

Andy

There is a reason that people in certain subsets of our culture handle things on their own and never call or talk to the police. Likely, that is the future of the country for most decent people--they just haven't figured that out yet. Only snitches will be calling them in the future.......

We had a very animated discussion about this in the Auberry thread. Many people are still in the "law and order, equal before the law" mindset. They haven't figured out that someone has moved their cheese...This ain't 1980 White Bread America anymore....it looks more and more every day like Sao Paulo, Cali, Jo'Burg, Bangkok etc....

ChattanoogaPhil
03-13-21, 16:13
The sheriff's department doesn't have much to do in the county. A while back a kid ran his minibike into a brick mailbox and skinned his knee pretty good. Six cars, firetruck and ambulance. Yes, they will still be responding here. Certain parts within Chattanooga city limits... no way. Why would a police officer risk his safety and financial ruin responding to a high crime area where no one will cooperate anyway? Build a fence.

T2C
03-13-21, 17:23
Our local sheriff's department has lost 19 employees in the past 6 weeks. Some retired early and some quit. They were already shorted handed and the current political climate does not help the situation.

Ironman8
03-13-21, 17:54
Similarly, as a civilian, when I first joined this forum 10+ years ago, I was all aboard for defending people in a public place if a shooting went down. Now, not so much. There were guys saying this back then and I just couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t intervene if they had the tools and training to do so, but I’m pretty much at that point now.

With the political climate of turning right into wrong; and with seeing people lick the boot of their masters by wearing face diapers and allowing our economy to be ruined and selling our freedom down the river without a second thought, it’s not worth it to me to put my life and my future on the line for people that wouldn’t appreciate it and with a gov that would punish and vilify you for it. Unless me or my family are in direct line of danger, I think I’ll find the nearest exit and be a good witness.

Honu
03-13-21, 18:11
Yeah!

These days you would stop a crime and find out the perp was illegal non US citizen committing murder and previous criminal and YOU would be in trouble not them that is the world we live in today

Similarly, as a civilian, when I first joined this forum 10+ years ago, I was all aboard for defending people in a public place if a shooting went down. Now, not so much. There were guys saying this back then and I just couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t intervene if they had the tools and training to do so, but I’m pretty much at that point now.

With the political climate of turning right into wrong; and with seeing people lick the boot of their masters by wearing face diapers and allowing our economy to be ruined and selling our freedom down the river without a second thought, it’s not worth it to me to put my life and my future on the line for people that wouldn’t appreciate it and with a gov that would punish and vilify you for it. Unless me or my family are in direct line of danger, I think I’ll find the nearest exit and be a good witness.

gunrunner505
03-13-21, 19:49

Agree on all fronts.

My family and those under my umbrella of protection will be out of there post haste. If something pops up between us and the exit then it gets dealt with.

I however didn’t see shit. I heard a ruckus and left the area. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honu
03-13-21, 21:43
In Honduras the LEO were mostly just as corrupt as the crooks and they could put you in jail !
This made them worse then the crooks !
You kill crooks you have to deal with retaliation from them which is often brutal and aimed at general population or family
Same with LEO but then the gov agents get involved and targets your passports and so on on top of it

again LEO being the worse of two evils in those countries

I hope we do not get to that point ! Gets tiring

I say this based on no good guys will want to be LEO which leads it open for those looking to be a bully get back or take advantage which I do think we see happening maybe ? Not there yet but IMHO its a when not an off anymore writing is on the wall

Just like this OP good guy LEO take down armed bad guy end up in trouble ?

who is charging them ? the powers that be the people you expect to take care of bad guys but now the top is crooked and bad which will drip down for sure IMHO and everything below will get rotten

jsbhike
03-14-21, 14:16

Andy

The police are currently still coming running to assist that segment of society as seen with Rittenhouse, McCloskeys, and others.

Arik
03-14-21, 14:33
Yes I pretty sure..... actually I'm 100% positive that I call the police right now they'll "come running".

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-14-21, 17:54
The police are currently still coming running to assist that segment of society as seen with Rittenhouse, McCloskeys, and others.

Here's the resident M4C FTP right on queue...

jsbhike
03-14-21, 18:05

Andy

Here's the resident M4C FTP right on queue...

Please elaborate on why we should applaud agencies that arrest people for defending themselves or others against mobs those same agencies won't touch.

utahjeepr
03-14-21, 18:52
Response time to my home is 30-45 min. "Emergency" assistance is not exactly a thing for me, just reality not the Sheriff's problem.

Buncheong
03-14-21, 22:23
Yet another shit-post.

Always the same individual starting it.

chuckman
03-15-21, 08:29
Changes to response times (and if they respond at all to some incidents) due to COVID, the ANTIFA/BLM bullshit, the general war on cops and anti-cop attitudes, I think there's a whole lot less "running to calls" than there used to be, but where I live, if I need a cop now, they'll come. That's in my jurisdiction; I am sure mileage will vary.

OH58D
03-15-21, 09:26
Response time to my home is 30-45 min. "Emergency" assistance is not exactly a thing for me, just reality not the Sheriff's problem.
It's the same in rural New Mexico as in the Beehive State where you're at. Here, we have combined response centers where you have emergency and non-emergency dispatch. They handle municipal, County and State first responders. So if a call comes in to the center, all can hear the dispatcher and the closest respond. With any Tribal Reservation, they also have mutual aide. If one of the Tribal police is following someone and they leave the Reservation, County or State units will pick up the chase.

Now for my situation, I have zero cell phone service at the ranch, and I don't get my first weak signal until I hit 22 miles going northwest, or 18 miles going northeast. So if I run across some criminal somewhere on the ranch, I can engage myself....or I get on the radio, call the main house and they use a satellite phone to call the 911 emergency center. At that point it may be 45 minutes to an hour or longer. The radio system with our handhelds uses a repeater with a solar collector and battery mounted on an 8 foot pole on a strategic mesa. Not perfect but works pretty well. It's a similar system the oilfield uses for well sites transmitting data to a main control center.

Esq.
03-15-21, 11:10
Yet another shit-post.

Always the same individual starting it.

If you have a problem with me, let's talk about it. PM Sent.

The_War_Wagon
03-15-21, 11:18
I bet they’ll still kick your door in for a Red Flag gun seizure though.

The law-ABIDING are always easier to capture, than the criminals. :rolleyes:

utahjeepr
03-15-21, 17:46
It's the same in rural New Mexico as in the Beehive State where you're at. Here, we have combined response centers where you have emergency and non-emergency dispatch. They handle municipal, County and State first responders. So if a call comes in to the center, all can hear the dispatcher and the closest respond. With any Tribal Reservation, they also have mutual aide. If one of the Tribal police is following someone and they leave the Reservation, County or State units will pick up the chase.

Now for my situation, I have zero cell phone service at the ranch, and I don't get my first weak signal until I hit 22 miles going northwest, or 18 miles going northeast. So if I run across some criminal somewhere on the ranch, I can engage myself....or I get on the radio, call the main house and they use a satellite phone to call the 911 emergency center. At that point it may be 45 minutes to an hour or longer. The radio system with our handhelds uses a repeater with a solar collector and battery mounted on an 8 foot pole on a strategic mesa. Not perfect but works pretty well. It's a similar system the oilfield uses for well sites transmitting data to a main control center.

Yeah, I'm not nearly as remote as you. I've got what you'd call a hobby ranch. 80 acres of so-so brush grazing. Only thing I've got going for me is a half mile of lake frontage (freshwater).

okie
03-15-21, 19:42
An old sergeant with the OKC police department confided that they don't even have enough applicants total to fill the jobs, and of course not everyone who applies is even qualified. Quite frankly though this is what people get for trading their freedom for security. As predicted, now they have neither.

OH58D
03-15-21, 19:55
Yeah, I'm not nearly as remote as you. I've got what you'd call a hobby ranch. 80 acres of so-so brush grazing. Only thing I've got going for me is a half mile of lake frontage (freshwater).
Sounds like a nice place with that lake frontage. I've got frontage on the east bank of the Canadian River, and water rights I use mainly for cattle drinkers. Nobody really counts on LE to stop a crime, but usually just for any investigation and reports after the fact.

AndyLate
03-15-21, 20:21
Nobody really counts on LE to stop a crime, but usually just for any investigation and reports after the fact.

This is the bottom line. The police would literally have to be steps away or have a heck of an information source to protect you from violent crime, an accident, or theft.

Andy

OH58D
03-15-21, 21:21
This is the bottom line. The police would literally have to be steps away or have a heck of an information source to protect you from violent crime, an accident, or theft.

Andy

I am not an expert on any of this regarding LE, but I have always thought Community Policing was a good thing. Have local police in the neighborhood, out of the cars and just getting to know the business owners, the citizens (I refuse to use "civilian") in the neighborhood, and the issues of the area. Maybe it's old fashioned.

There's a program on YouTube every Friday night called "Live on Patrol". It's the Sheriff of Ramsey County, Minnesota (St. Paul) named Bob Fletcher. An older guy with with 30+ years under his belt and one of his older deputies driving around the city and county, just talking and occasionally stopping and talking with pedestrians or other drivers. Seems like a good PR move but the locals seem to know who he is. Maybe that kind of interaction is what I see in the rural American West, but seems to work in urban areas as well.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-15-21, 22:45

Andy

Police respond to "In Progress" calls all day and all night, and make "on scene" arrests at many of them. That statement is not at all true.

26 Inf
03-15-21, 22:54

Andy

This is the root from which modern American LE sprang:

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

Robert Peel

It doesn't really work well if both parties are too busy playing on their phones to interact.

jsbhike
03-15-21, 23:04

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

Robert Peel

It doesn't really work well if both parties are too busy playing on their phones to interact.

First time I ever heard of Peel was via this fellows page.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2008/04/police-are-public-and-public-are-police.html?m=1

AndyLate
03-16-21, 01:45
Police respond to "In Progress" calls all day and all night, and make "on scene" arrests at many of them. That statement is not at all true.

Fair enough, but...

Do the police arrive in time to prevent a break in, burglary, or shooting/stabbing/violent assault or to arrest someone after the crime had been committed? How many of those calls are from businesses or domestic violence/disturbance, welfare checks, and disturbing the peace?

I don't expect the police to protect me personally from violent crime. Its not a hit on them, just reality. They protect me through law enforcement and community interaction but are not my personal security guards.

Andy

SteyrAUG
03-16-21, 05:03
Fair enough, but...

Do the police arrive in time to prevent a break in, burglary, or shooting/stabbing/violent assault or to arrest someone after the crime had been committed? How many of those calls are from businesses or domestic violence/disturbance, welfare checks, and disturbing the peace?

I don't expect the police to protect me personally from violent crime. Its not a hit on them, just reality. They protect me through law enforcement and community interaction but are not my personal security guards.

Andy

I've seen it. They tend to black out in less savory areas. Obviously their ability to engage in "pre crime" is limited as it is with most of us. Not trying to discredit your "have a means of personal defense" message but I've seen guys follow a car that just didn't feel right and the car then went to some place they intended to rob.

26 Inf with his Robert Peel quote is dead on. Residents who work in advance with LE and form effective partnerships can do amazing things.

jsbhike
03-16-21, 06:49
I've seen it. They tend to black out in less savory areas. Obviously their ability to engage in "pre crime" is limited as it is with most of us. Not trying to discredit your "have a means of personal defense" message but I've seen guys follow a car that just didn't feel right and the car then went to some place they intended to rob.

26 Inf with his Robert Peel quote is dead on. Residents who work in advance with LE and form effective partnerships can do amazing things.

As pointed out in the Lawdog page:

"My academy devoted two days to the study of Sir Robert and his Principles of Policing. I am of the firm opinion that these Principles should be Gospel for every Peace Officer.

There are times, though, when I am forced to wonder if some of my fellow Peace Officers have even heard of the Peelian Principles.

And I guaran-damn-tee you that a whole bunch of politicians and police administrators (but I repeat myself) have never heard of #9.

Anyone who doubts this should listen to the next District Attorney, County Commissioner, Representative or any other critter cite the rising number of arrests as proof that their pet anti-crime law is working.

*sigh*

LawDog"

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-16-21, 07:32
Fair enough, but...

Andy

I have 3 officers per 25000 citizens, so no, we can't be in scene for every crime that occurs. But we make on scene arrests every single night, mostly for violent crimes like burglary, Assault, domestic violence, etc. The violent crimes where we are late to the party most often result in a warrant being issued and the suspect being arrested at a later date.

Personal safety is your job. I'll drive 110mph to get there when you need me, but I can't be present in everyone's life. I encourage everyone I meet to obtain a CCW, carry at home, work, etc, and buy a semi automatic rifle for home defense.

In regards to Peeles #9, we cannot stop all crime. But take a look at the sharp increase in violent crime amongst cities that defunded their police. That's a pretty telling indicator in efficiency.

Firefly
03-16-21, 07:36
Used to, people took pride in where they lived and who they lived with.

Now, no.

Esq.
03-16-21, 08:13
I have 3 officers per 25000 citizens, so no, we can't be in scene for every crime that occurs. But we make on scene arrests every single night, mostly for violent crimes like burglary, Assault, domestic violence, etc. The violent crimes where we are late to the party most often result in a warrant being issued and the suspect being arrested at a later date.

Personal safety is your job. I'll drive 110mph to get there when you need me, but I can't be present in everyone's life. I encourage everyone I meet to obtain a CCW, carry at home, work, etc, and buy a semi automatic rifle for home defense.

In regards to Peeles #9, we cannot stop all crime. But take a look at the sharp increase in violent crime amongst cities that defunded their police. That's a pretty telling indicator in efficiency.

Do you believe that charges like the ones in the original article have a "chilling effect" on officers?

By that I mean, maybe they get a call and they decide to slow roll a response because they know the call has the potential to be a problem for them? Maybe they know the likely offender- such as a homeless guy they have encountered many times ( https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/oklahoma-city-police-officer-charged-with-manslaughter-in-december-shooting-death-of-bennie-edwards/ar-BB1e1lZu) or maybe the offender is described as a certain race and they know that public sentiment is not favorable etc...Does that kind of thing have any bearing on how officers handle calls? On top of that, now you have the Feds talking about removing qualified immunity entirely.

I'm not an officer of course, but I think at some point it has to enter their thinking. There have been- in my opinion- many recent shootings and uses of force etc....where the officers were if not completely justified, they were understandably justified, in how they reacted- and yet they are criminally charged and likely their lives ruined. For doing their job. You see the massive waves of retirements across the country etc....Something is driving that- and it's not good.

T2C
03-16-21, 08:45

Now, no.

That's right. People use to look out for their neighbors and cared about their neighborhoods. The job was easier for police, because in neighborhoods where people watched out for unusual activity and spoke with police during a neighborhood canvass the crime rate was lower. There are some areas where this is still the case, but not nearly as much as even 10-15 years ago.

Regardless of how effective a police agency may be, it is still the responsibility of the individual to protect their family.

OH58D
03-16-21, 08:57

Robert Peel

OMG, please forgive me for interjecting this one memory from the past. I haven't heard his name in years. In high school (1974-1978) I was in a Student & Law class, and we studied about Sir Robert Peel, whom the British "Bobbies" are named after. A handout made on a mimeograph machine caused a giant laughing uproar in the class because of the typo of his name: Sir Robert Peed.......

AndyLate
03-16-21, 09:05

If my posts seem anti-police I apologize, that is not my intent or message.

Saying the police are not responsible for my personal security is NOT saying the police don't or won't protect me. Definitely does not mean we do not need police officers or that they are not efficient.

An effective police force reduces crime - period, and I understand that.

Andy

Averageman
03-16-21, 10:37
I don't dislike Cops, I just don't want to interact with them. They've got a job and that job aint about me.
Yeah, I will thank them and in the event of a burglary, I will call them for insurance purposes because I'm going to need some paperwork from them.
But, I am a realist, by the time they would get here, whatever is going to happen has very likely already happened, at that point I will decide who I notify or if I'm just going to sacrifice a tarp, some chain and a couple of 45 lbs plates and head down to the lake. I'm too old to be digging six x six holes in kalachi.

It's a Mans World, just gotta Man up for the consequences.

SteyrAUG
03-16-21, 19:47

Now, no.

Thankfully that is close to my current reality. I probably know half of the LE department by name. I know just about everyone on the block and even though I never met him personally, I always worried about the old guy on the corner as he seemed to be about 80 something and still running the house by himself. After a big storm last year I asked the neighbor girl to go knock on his door and make sure he didn't need anything like help or supplies.

I feel like I have gotten a few years younger after leaving south Florida.

They used to say if you have a problem with every neighbor, you might actually be the problem. Turns out it really was them and not me. Of course that fact that most of them were regular drug users didn't have me worrying too much about myself.

jsbhike
03-17-21, 06:55

Half of Peel's #9 on police effectiveness is absence of crime itself while the other half is not police dealing with it.

If there was effevtively an absence of crime, the first time anyone could be found(or entrapped) jaywalking the area chief of police, sheriff, prosecutor, mayor, et al would be falling all over themselves to get in front of a camera to draw attention to the latter half of #9.

SteveS
03-21-21, 17:19
Please elaborate on why we should applaud agencies that arrest people for defending themselves or others against mobs those same agencies won't touch.

Unionized government employees like their pensions over your rights, liberties and the restictions supposedly placed on government power. Study history . When guns are banned as we seem to talk about, it will not be the politicians kicking your front door down it will be the unionized government employees or the military crime gang. Remember Hurricane Katrina gun confiscation?

SteveS
03-21-21, 17:20
Changes to response times (and if they respond at all to some incidents) due to COVID, the ANTIFA/BLM bullshit, the general war on cops and anti-cop attitudes, I think there's a whole lot less "running to calls" than there used to be, but where I live, if I need a cop now, they'll come. That's in my jurisdiction; I am sure mileage will vary.

Some people are waking up to the teachers union as well.

T2C
03-22-21, 09:04
This morning I ran into two people I know, one a recently retired Sheriff's Deputy and the other a State Trooper. They both brought up a point I did not think about. They told me that inside their agencies officers who volunteered for dedicated crowd control teams are stepping down and turning in their equipment. Some full time SWAT officers are also turning in their gear and taking positions where they just answer the radio, respond to calls and are waiting for the day, the hour, the second when they can retire.

Esq.
03-22-21, 09:23
This morning I ran into two people I know, one a recently retired Sheriff's Deputy and the other a State Trooper. They both brought up a point I did not think about. They told me that inside their agencies officers who volunteered for dedicated crowd control teams are stepping down and turning in their equipment. Some full time SWAT officers are also turning in their gear and taking positions where they just answer the radio, respond to calls and are waiting for the day, the hour, the second when they can retire.

I hear the same things from several sources.

Entryteam
03-22-21, 09:39

Yep. I left in 2018 and felt the same way....and ALL my friends that are still there tell me the exact same thing. They HATE the job now. And I don't blame them at all.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-22-21, 09:41
Volunteer for crowd control or volunteer for public abuse? No thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/5Tm6R9O.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n8KJSs5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sNXykXR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0qb2jwR.jpg

gaijin
03-24-21, 07:30
^^Nope. No chance in HELL I could restrain myself under those circumstances.

AndyLate
03-24-21, 07:34
The officer killed in Boulder proves that yes, they will come running.

Andy

seb5
03-24-21, 08:11
Volunteer for crowd control or volunteer for public abuse? No thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/5Tm6R9O.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/n8KJSs5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sNXykXR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0qb2jwR.jpg

I wonder what part of the constitution says that cops have to take that abuse? Attorneys distorting our system for centuries is where we're at.

just a scout
03-24-21, 08:23
An old sergeant with the OKC police department confided that they don't even have enough applicants total to fill the jobs, and of course not everyone who applies is even qualified. Quite frankly though this is what people get for trading their freedom for security. As predicted, now they have neither.

Lol. Chicago Police had 47 in the last academy class. It was supposed to be 200, which would still leave them thousands short of authorized spots, not even counting the retirements and resignations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Esq.
03-24-21, 08:37
The officer killed in Boulder proves that yes, they will come running.

Andy

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/12/broward-sheriffs-office-stands-by-violent-home-break-drags-on/

AND.....Maybe Not?

Numerous 911 calls during a home invasion and the deputies "staged" at the end of the block and let a disabled guy fight off the intruder......

Esq.
03-24-21, 08:43
Lol. Chicago Police had 47 in the last academy class. It was supposed to be 200, which would still leave them thousands short of authorized spots, not even counting the retirements and resignations.

Yea, locally, in a 300 man department we are currently 60 officers short. AND it's worse than that. It's actually closer to 90 but the former Chief of Police didn't want the numbers to look any worse than they are so he "de activated" several unfilled positions. The funny thing is- people here actually support their first responders! On the last city bond election, there were 9 proposals to spend money- much of it for re development etc....The only ones that passed- were for the police and fire fighters, despite huge spending by the "pro development" lobby in favor of their pet projects.

Nobody wants the job!

AndyLate
03-24-21, 10:26
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/12/broward-sheriffs-office-stands-by-violent-home-break-drags-on/

AND.....Maybe Not?

Numerous 911 calls during a home invasion and the deputies "staged" at the end of the block and let a disabled guy fight off the intruder......

My post was purely to express my respect for the officer and point out that he was willing to risk his life for the public.

Andy

Esq.
03-24-21, 10:28
My post was purely to express my respect for the officer and point out that he was willing to risk his life for the public.

Andy

On that we can certainly agree.

Though, the very interesting thing about it? If you read the interviews with his father etc...He was looking to transition out of Law Enforcement due to the work environment. So, even the "good guys" are saying- "enough is enough" and as soon as they can find their way clear- they are getting out. Which, going forward, means fewer and fewer of them- it's almost a self fulfilling prophecy at some point, the downward spiral.

chuckman
03-24-21, 10:42

I have a good friend, a sgt with CPD. He is counting the days until retirement. When he taught at the academy, he said they had sometimes 1,000 applications. Now they cannot make a quarter of the quote.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-24-21, 11:02
After profanities being screamed in your face all day, you can then proceed to the feet washing area or get in formation for kneeling. Oh... and you'll need civil liability insurance cuz every scumbag and their ambulance-chasing lawyer is going to sue you for violating their civil rights. No QI for you!

Can't find enough recruits? Gee... what a surprise.

https://i.imgur.com/hry4lc1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jVeSyvq.jpg

just a scout
03-24-21, 12:29
I have a good friend, a sgt with CPD. He is counting the days until retirement. When he taught at the academy, he said they had sometimes 1,000 applications. Now they cannot make a quarter of the quote.

I have a friend on CPD. He’s counting the hours at four years to go and is ready to just walk away. He has a neat little retirement app that counts down the time for him. When he gets under a year, he’s changing it to minutes.

Esq.
03-24-21, 12:41
So, is there anyone that doesn't think this is a real issue? That was kinda the point and we've talked all AROUND it, but the fact is, every day in this country you are more and more ON YOUR OWN. NOBODY IS COMING TO HELP YOU. NOBODY.

Our "law and order" society is gone. Sorry, that's simply the truth. You can like it or not like it, Doesn't matter. Choose reality over your delusions.....