PDA

View Full Version : My New BUG

adh
12-06-08, 13:58
Well, not really a BUG. I have never carrier a back up and am not LEO so I don't feel that a BUG is that imporatant to me. Not to mention how inconvenient it would be to carry a primary and a bug fully concealed. I bought this Polish Radom P64 9mm Mak. just to have a very concealable pocket size pistol for those occassions when carrying a govt. 1911 does not make a lot of sense (i.e. concealability of the 1911 could be difficult). Unfortunately I have had little time to throw rounds down range. The double action trigger is HEAVY!!! But, the single action is really nice.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/GunsandStuff020.jpg

John_Wayne777
12-06-08, 14:49
BUG's are a good idea and I've made a practice of carrying one for years. Yes, it does take some getting used to but in reality it's no harder for most people to conceal a BUG like a Smith & Wesson 442 than it is just to conceal a single primary handgun like the M&P or the Glock 19.

It's all about how you dress and using good carry equipment.

Personally I would encourage looking at other BUG options like the Smith 442 or 642, as they will probably be lighter and more user friendly than the P64.

adh
12-06-08, 14:57
BUG's are a good idea and I've made a practice of carrying one for years. Yes, it does take some getting used to but in reality it's no harder for most people to conceal a BUG like a Smith & Wesson 442 than it is just to conceal a single primary handgun like the M&P or the Glock 19.

It's all about how you dress and using good carry equipment.

Personally I would encourage looking at other BUG options like the Smith 442 or 642, as they will probably be lighter and more user friendly than the P64.

I can't disagree with any of that, I should further clarify that because I work for an HVAC contractor and am all over the palce all day long bidding jobs, etc. I am often time limited on my ability to actually carry and my carry gun often becomes a "truck" gun. Considering that one of my closest friends had his truck gun (and other things stolen from his truck recently, I opted for the P64 partially because of the cost, I'd much rather have it stolen than my 1911 or G19 (soon to go back to the G17 - just prefer that full size).

dcmdon
12-10-08, 21:27
A small popgun that you can actually carry is better than a 1911 racegun in the truck.

My carry guns are in order of decreasing size:
Kahr PM9 - slim, light, 7 rounds of 9mm, works just like a glock if thats what you are used to

Scandium J frame smith - 10 oz empty, easily pocketable most of the time.

Ruger LCP - Oh yeah, I have a gun. I forgot it was there, its so light.

It sounds like you can not practically wear a holster. It sounds like you should look into what you can carry in your pocket.

I'm 40. I've been carrying since I was 21 years old. I began witha big double stack "wonder 9" in the 80s. It spent a lot of time at home.

Then I purchased a Seecamp 32 in college. It was about 2 weeks wages, but it was with me all the time. ONce a week I would clean the lint out of the gun.

I sold the seecamp after owning it for 13 years, for the J frame. (Which I won at an IDPA match. Thanks Ken Jorgensen) The Smith is lighter than the seecamp but a bit bulkier. The LCP is more powerful than the seecamp but carries a .380 rather than a .32.

Some will scoff at my choices, but the reality was that I just did not bother to strap on a holster. Thats me. Because of that, these are the best carry guns for me.

Don

p.s. I've since purchased one of the very small Crimson Trace laser grips for the J frame. Wow. This thing is ACCURATE and precise. So much so that it could be used as an offensive weapon.

mattal21
12-10-08, 21:37
Bug is the word----- BUTT UGLY GUN ----- Just kidding hope it works out for you. I personally carry a Ruger LCP (Just got it back from ruger) and also forget that i have it at times

Reddevil
12-11-08, 09:52
I can't disagree with any of that, I should further clarify that because I work for an HVAC contractor and am all over the palce all day long bidding jobs, etc. I am often time limited on my ability to actually carry and my carry gun often becomes a "truck" gun. Considering that one of my closest friends had his truck gun (and other things stolen from his truck recently, I opted for the P64 partially because of the cost, I'd much rather have it stolen than my 1911 or G19 (soon to go back to the G17 - just prefer that full size).

Nice little. Better than nothing IMO. Because of your job, I would look into a lightweight J frame or P#AT or LCP for dedicated pocket carry. That way it's always with you.

Buckaroo
12-11-08, 10:15
Nice little. Better than nothing IMO. Because of your job, I would look into a lightweight J frame or P#AT or LCP for dedicated pocket carry. That way it's always with you.

+1 P3AT is my ultra deep concealment piece,

Buckaroo

SloaneRanger
12-11-08, 17:35
Looks like an Eastern Block rip-off of a PPK:D

Mark/MO
12-13-08, 10:49
I have to agree with the comments on the LCP or P3AT size guns, small enough to carry all the time. I recently bought a P3AT on a whim and have really grown to like it, for its intended purpose. It's more accurate than I expected, disappears in the pocket of my jeans and so far has had no real problems. This in itself surprised me after reading some reports of finicky guns (to be charitable). Time will tell but so far I have to give it a "thumbs up".