PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Miami, Good Luck with Mr. Acevedo!

Esq.
03-15-21, 13:20
Art Acevedo is leaving Houston for Miami. Goodbye to bad rubbish!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-mayor-tom-brady-police-120722841.html

andre3k
03-15-21, 14:11
Bye Felicia. I feel for the Miami officers, he'll have their Internal Affairs division tripled in size in no time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Esq.
03-15-21, 15:23
Bye Felicia. I feel for the Miami officers, he'll have their Internal Affairs division tripled in size in no time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And yet, he was the guy in charge when those Narc Officers MURDERED Dennis Tuttle, and his wife, Rhogena Nicholas in the BS drug raid. He also was the guy in charge in Austin when they had the rape kit problem. The guys a POS., but politically reliable for the Left.....

TomMcC
03-15-21, 15:43
Marched with BLM and wanted gun control is about all I need to know about this "top cop".

Evel Baldgui
03-15-21, 15:54
Miami PD is so phucked, and the residents as well. Marched with blm? douche bag.

Renegade
03-15-21, 15:55
How does this guy keep getting hired? I mean it is not like his failures are not all over the news.

Esq.
03-15-21, 16:48
How does this guy keep getting hired? I mean it is not like his failures are not all over the news.

He's a reliably Leftist POS, that's how.

utahjeepr
03-15-21, 17:37
It's a long drive across the 10 and down the 95. Whole lotta swamp and bayou country. Someone could save Miami the trouble. Just sayin.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-15-21, 17:45
This guy destroys communities and PD's everywhere he becomes chief. Wtf Miami?

pag23
03-15-21, 18:57
He is there to stop the Cubans from voting Republican...lol

khc3
03-15-21, 19:11
He is there to stop the Cubans from voting Republican...lol

Yep Florida will be the next Georgia, with Dade county doing the Fulton county thang.

SteyrAUG
03-15-21, 23:28
I'm amazed Broward Sheriff's Office let that candidate get by them.

PatrioticDisorder
03-16-21, 07:17
Mojón.

Firefly
03-16-21, 07:39
Oh boy, nothing says quality like a job hopping police Chief.

In a fairer world he would do a year in the worst beat they have and be under a strict probation period.

Esq.
03-16-21, 08:02
I'm amazed Broward Sheriff's Office let that candidate get by them.

What you did there....I see it, Lol...

Vandal
03-16-21, 08:04
Oh boy, nothing says quality like a job hopping police Chief.

In a fairer world he would do a year in the worst beat they have and be under a strict probation period.

With the crustiest street cop FTO they have.

Everywhere he goes Acevedo jacks up departments, kills morale, and makes communities less safe. Austin, Houston, and now Miami. The Cubans hopefully already hate him, but he was born in Havana. As mentioned before Acevedo is a very reliable Leftist shill who will do what he is told and has been doing that since his days with CHP. I strongly suspect his end goal is to land a Chief job at LAPD or NYPD and is just working his way up. Dude sued his own agency for harassment in 2008 after being accused in 2004 of showing nudes to other patrol officers of a fellow officer.... He's a POS and Miami PD is screwed.

TAZ
03-16-21, 10:29
Sorry for Miami, but so glad that POS has left Texas. Good riddance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Averageman
03-16-21, 10:39
Nothing defined him more than his initial reaction to that Home Invasion in Houston.
And yet he wants everyone disarmed...

Esq.
03-16-21, 11:00
Nothing defined him more than his initial reaction to that Home Invasion in Houston.

Yes sir. If you know nothing about Art Acevedo other than that, it should be enough.

TomMcC
03-16-21, 11:24

What's the details on that or a bit more info so I can look it up?

Det-Sog
03-16-21, 11:29
Sorry Houston.

Sylvester "I've been trying to be mayor since the 1980's" Turner will find someone WORSE. Watch, it's coming. God... To think I was a cop in that area for 25 years. All of this garbage proves that I made a good decision with the career change. Sylvester will leave no stone unturned to try and out do Art. There HAS to be a more liberal progressive woke career suck-up out there somewhere.

Good luck my brother officers back home. You're going to need it.

Averageman
03-16-21, 11:34
What's the details on that or a bit more info so I can look it up?

He jumped out there immediately, didn't get any details and came up with a Police Good, Guns Bad talking point.
He had no idea, just how bad this was going to turn and it turned really bad.

Rather than speaking up, getting the facts straight first might be a good thing for the Man who was the Face of the entire Department.

Gabriel556
03-16-21, 12:15
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212885-5-LEOs-shot-in-TX

This is what that post was about. Basically he said that it was bad guys in the house that shot cops during a no-knock, turns out it was a dirty cop that obtained a bad warrant and they kicked in the door where the homeowners were killed after shooting the intruders who turned out to be the cops serving the bad warrant.

flenna
03-16-21, 16:01
It seems that big city police chiefs are just like the large corporate CEO’s who run a company into the ground, leave with a large severance package and then are hired at another company that they then proceed to run into the ground.

C-grunt
03-16-21, 16:39
It seems that big city police chiefs are just like the large corporate CEO’s who run a company into the ground, leave with a large severance package and then are hired at another company that they then proceed to run into the ground.

I work for a big city department. Police Chief is 100 percent a political position. They are chosen by city counsel.

Think of it as something like the Secretary of the (military branch) in the White House.

arptsprt
03-16-21, 19:46
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I work for a big city department. Police Chief is 100 percent a political position. They are chosen by city counsel.

Think of it as something like the Secretary of the (military branch) in the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
03-16-21, 22:31

It's why I prefer sheriffs. Yeah, it's a political position as well; the head of any government department is, and obviously many sheriffs are either liberal politicians like Scott Israel or Alex Villanueva, or corrupt good ol' boys like Joe Arpaio. But at least if politicians want the sheriff to violate the Constitution, the sheriff can tell them to get f**ked. Unfortunately, my state has no county government and thus, no county sheriffs; only local police and state police.

Uni-Vibe
03-16-21, 23:39
Police chiefs don't run police departments, anyway.

The patrolmen do, through the union and the arbitration board, with the DA and grand juries setting the floor for acceptable behavior.

Neither city will notice the difference

Averageman
03-17-21, 01:58
My initial observations locally;
When he took over in Austin, he dominated the media and he was amazingly both anti-gun and a self promoter of Olympic level.
He jumped all over that story in Houston and it came back at him. When he did, he simply STFU for three months, came out made a half assed statement and got a pass.
I was certainly glad to see him leave Austin and then Houston, now Florida?
Why can't this guy, find a place and settle in?

We will eventually find out he aint all that and some dirt will surface.

jsbhike
03-17-21, 16:02
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?212885-5-LEOs-shot-in-TX

This is what that post was about. Basically he said that it was bad guys in the house that shot cops during a no-knock, turns out it was a dirty cop that obtained a bad warrant and they kicked in the door where the homeowners were killed after shooting the intruders who turned out to be the cops serving the bad warrant.

Homeowners apparently didn't shoot anyone. Goines making claims about items at the scene, but never checking said items in as evidence(in this case the revolver claim), was apparently a reoccurring theme with Goines' work.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/03/15/brother-woman-killed-houston-police-raid-shares-warning-about-miami-incoming-chief-art-acevedo/

"“To this day, he hasn’t fixed his own department, in my opinion,” said John Nicholas."
F
"Acevedo headed the Houston police when its narcotics team, known as “Squad 15,” served a “no-knock” warrant on Rhogena Nicholas and her husband, Dennis Tuttle, opening fire and killing both of them.""

"“He goes on TV calling my sister and her husband scumbags and dopers, drug dealers,” Nicholas said."

"Houston police say a shootout ensued, but reportedly neither Rhogena Nicholas or Tuttle was armed.

“They did find, I’d call, big guns in the house,” Nicholas said. “But they say my brother-in-law shot at the police using a .38 or a .357, but today that have not produced that pistol,” Nicholas said."

Gabriel556
03-17-21, 18:06
I stand corrected then.

jsbhike
03-17-21, 20:13
I stand corrected then.

I think that has been somewhat buried. I thought I recalled a mention they didn't shoot, but couldn't find an older article referencing it.

Somewhat surprised the comments by the brother/in-law ever got published.

El Vaquero
03-18-21, 03:18

This is truth. They go in quick hard with rhetoric and smoke and mirrors. This lasts a few years and when the dust starts to settle and before folks can see the truth they bounce on to a bigger city claiming success in their previous post.

Bulldog7972
03-18-21, 21:57
You think Acevedo is bad, you should see the guy we got from Dallas. Or the guy we got from the FBI before him.

rexster314
03-19-21, 10:24
In Houston, the chief is chosen only by the mayor. The mayor in Houston is a piece of work, but due to term limits, only has 2 more years before he's gone. Art Avocado is one of the rats leaving a sinking ship