PDA

View Full Version : Super 42 buffer Spring

Alaska3006
03-16-21, 22:36
Just order a super 42 rifle length for my MK12
Anyone have experience with the braided buffer spring in the rifle length?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-19-21, 09:49
Not in the rifle length, but I do run a carbine length with an H3 buffer in my MK18 and it tames the beast when suppressed.

Alaska3006
03-19-21, 12:23
Seems like a no brainer
The braided spring being used for years in different machine guns and assault weapons.
My rifle works great with the JP Tuned spring but I thought I give the braided spring a try for extra reliability.

Warp
03-19-21, 14:56
Just order a super 42 rifle length for my MK12
Anyone have experience with the braided buffer spring in the rifle length?

I'm not sure I understand the application for this spring.

Has Bill stated that the Super 42 springs are intended to only be used with the Geissele branded buffers? And aren't they Carbine sized buffers? I'm not understanding how a rifle length spring and a carbine buffer mix.

I have the Super 42 in the carbine buffer/spring configuration and it's very nice, even short barrel suppressed. Heavy buffer though. H3.

themonk
03-19-21, 17:39
I had one but gave it away as I moved all my guns over to the A5 system. It was fine but the lack of industry adoption, you used to have to buy additional tungsten weights if you wanted to increase the buffer weight, no advantage over sprinco springs, it didn't seem worth it. I got a wider range both suppressed and unsuppressed with the A5.

Clint
03-20-21, 11:17
The S42 Rifle length spring is compatible with regular diameter rifle and A5 buffers, unlike the Carbine version.

User feedback with the Carbine S42 indicates the 15% extra strength requires a minimum gas port one or two sizes larger than normal.

I'm not sure I understand the application for this spring.

Has Bill stated that the Super 42 springs are intended to only be used with the Geissele branded buffers? And aren't they Carbine sized buffers? I'm not understanding how a rifle length spring and a carbine buffer mix.

I have the Super 42 in the carbine buffer/spring configuration and it's very nice, even short barrel suppressed. Heavy buffer though. H3.

BmNJ
03-27-21, 22:06
I have a rifle length Super 42 in an A5 buffer tube with a A5H2 buffer. 14.5" barrel with carbine gas. Only have gotten to shoot about 100 rounds through it with 55g 223 but no issues and shot smooth.

Mysteryman
03-28-21, 04:55
The S42 Rifle length spring is compatible with regular diameter rifle and A5 buffers, unlike the Carbine version.

User feedback with the Carbine S42 indicates the 15% extra strength requires a minimum gas port one or two sizes larger than normal.

Sorry, gonna call BS in the carbine buffer claim. Been using a non Geissele buffers with my carbine 42 springs with zero issues in several thousand rounds. Measured the buffer that came with it against several others I have, all measure out to within 0.005" so in practicality, they're identical.

Korgs130
03-28-21, 07:24
I like the 42. I have 2 x 14.5” mid length and a 11.5” all with A5s and Super 42 rifle springs. Couple thousand rounds so far and no issues.

03-28-21, 10:33
I have the S42 carbine spring/buffer combo for a 12.5” carbine I’m putting together.
I am still waiting on some parts. I hope it works well.

CrowCommand
03-28-21, 16:42
I like the 42. I have 2 x 14.5” mid length and a 11.5” all with A5s and Super 42 rifle springs. Couple thousand rounds so far and no issues.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the A5 spring what makes it desirable? Or is it that fact you can run a rifle spring in a carbine?

That said, I run a super 42 in my 11.5" carbine gas, non-G H2 buffer.... No issues, but doesn't really blow my skirt up like the A5 system did in my 14.5" carbine gas.

Korgs130
03-28-21, 20:03
The A5 allows you to run a rifle action spring and heavier buffer weights with a collapsible stock. The longer action spring allows for smoother compression. The internal spring inside the A5 buffer helps keep the buffer weights forward for more consistency in the initial movement of the buffer.