View Full Version : They're Hanging Men & Women for the Wearin of The Green!

Esq.
03-17-21, 08:19
Happy St. Patricks day!

Entryteam
03-17-21, 08:21
Happy St. Patricks day!

Top a tha mornin to you... and may the rest a tha day be yourn!

AndyLate
03-17-21, 08:36
Erin go Braugh!

Happy St Patricks day!

I showed my wife how to pop the tops off 2 bottles of Guiness without a church key this morning...

chuckman
03-17-21, 08:38
According to my DNA and verified through genealogy research, I have some Irish blood. So, happy St. Patrick's Day I guess.

Esq.
03-17-21, 08:40
According to my DNA and verified through genealogy research, I have some Irish blood. So, happy St. Patrick's Day I guess.

There are more people of Irish Descent in the US than in Ireland.

Inkslinger
03-17-21, 08:49
I have enough Irish in me to celebrate the day, but...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210317/ff91c24a1b715dd89c22356637211cdf.jpg

PracticalRifleman
03-17-21, 08:57
Something something snakes, something something green beer, something something. I’m not catholic. I don’t celebrate. But if you do, have a green beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
03-17-21, 10:30
Something something snakes, something something green beer, something something. I’m not catholic. I don’t celebrate. But if you do, have a green beer.

Another excuse for us Americans to drink I guess, but let it be merry!

Averageman
03-17-21, 11:37
Green Beer withy so much food coloring you drop green duces for two day.

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 12:41
St Patrick was an Englishman. He spent many years as a slave. His favorite color was blue. Up until the late 1700s green wasn't even on the Irish flag. Fossil records show that snakes have never been native to Ireland.

https://www.themonastery.org/blog/was-saint-patrick-irish-and-did-he-chase-snakes?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=What+You+Might+Not+Know+About+Saint+Patrick&utm_campaign=March+17th%2C++2021

chuckman
03-17-21, 12:58
St Patrick was an Englishman. He spent many years as a slave. His favorite color was blue. Up until the late 1700s green wasn't even on the Irish flag. Fossil records show that snakes have never been native to Ireland.

https://www.themonastery.org/blog/was-saint-patrick-irish-and-did-he-chase-snakes?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=What+You+Might+Not+Know+About+Saint+Patrick&utm_campaign=March+17th%2C++2021

Party-pooper. I bet you steal kids' candy on Halloween, too....

Edited to add, I see where you live. Be safe tomorrow...weather is supposed to get right sporty.

CRAMBONE
03-17-21, 13:04
There are more people of Irish Descent in the US than in Ireland.

And everyone is a Cherokee also!
You damn dirty Catholics! I’m usually the one wearing orange on St Patricks Day. ;)

jbjh
03-17-21, 13:12
Erin go Braugh!

Sent from 80ms in the future

Esq.
03-17-21, 13:12
You damn dirty Catholics! I’m usually the one wearing orange on St Patricks Day. ;)

I'm a Protestant as well......but Ireland is still under Occupation by the same damn lot of Redcoats we kicked out of our country!

Averageman
03-17-21, 13:13

You're a British spy.

Esq.
03-17-21, 13:17
You're a British spy.

Needs a Kneecapping that one does!

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 13:26
Party-pooper. I bet you steal kids' candy on Halloween, too....

Edited to add, I see where you live. Be safe tomorrow...weather is supposed to get right sporty.I don't eat sugar. It's bad for you.

I'm glad you mentioned the weather, I haven't even looked at it.

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 13:29
You're a British spy.I am genetically 3/4 English so I guess I could be. But it was the Irish that enslaved St Patrick to begin with so... He ended up turning all those Pagens into Christians. Quite the reversal id say.

AndyLate
03-17-21, 13:34

Cherokee princess, even

Averageman
03-17-21, 15:42
I am genetically 3/4 English so I guess I could be. But it was the Irish that enslaved St Patrick to begin with so... He ended up turning all those Pagens into Christians. Quite the reversal id say.

I bet some ancient relative of yours actually planted snakes in Ireland just to make these false claims.

My Family were Dutch/Germans and Irish.
Many of them got here way before the Country was founded. They were farmers and coachmakers. Ironically hundreds of years later, I've done both.
My (Irish Side) Grandfather used to say the Germans followed the Irish just to get rich off of the beer drinking.

WickedWillis
03-17-21, 15:49

Who brought the good news Bear?

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 16:44
Who brought the good news Bear?Good news bear brings good news. Or at least truth contradicting any reasons one might have for getting drunk tonight and catching syphilis... but if you like drinking crap green bear and toasting to myths, then by all means, don't let me ruin it for you. :)

WickedWillis
03-17-21, 16:53
Good news bear brings good news. Or at least truth contradicting any reasons one might have for getting drunk tonight and catching syphilis... but if you like drinking crap green bear and toasting to myths, then by all means, don't let me ruin it for you. :)

If you tell me Leprechauns aren't real, I swear to Eurodriver.....

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 18:12
If you tell me Leprechauns aren't real, I swear to Eurodriver.....Those? Yeah, they are real.

Here's a little article that may help you believe.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/leprechaun-myth-exposed-165245

chuckman
03-17-21, 19:39
Good news bear brings good news. Or at least truth contradicting any reasons one might have for getting drunk tonight and catching syphilis... but if you like drinking crap green bear and toasting to myths, then by all means, don't let me ruin it for you. :)

Well, that's how the holidays go, minor and major, right? Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, Cinco de Mayo. The list goes on. Don't suck the fun out of life.

Scrubber3
03-17-21, 20:13
Well, that's how the holidays go, minor and major, right? Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, Cinco de Mayo. The list goes on. Don't suck the fun out of life.I thought it was fun... I mean, all adults here right? I'm not gonna go telling my kids this stuff. It's your choice what to do with the info provided. I'm gonna start wearing blue on March 17th.

CRAMBONE
03-17-21, 20:41
Needs a Kneecapping that one does!

Get the Armalite!

PracticalRifleman
03-17-21, 20:43
Well, that's how the holidays go, minor and major, right? Easter, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, Cinco de Mayo. The list goes on. Don't suck the fun out of life.

Cinco de Mayo? That ain’t no holiday, bro.

604flyer
03-17-21, 21:38
German ancestry here so I dressed in black, drank St Pauli
and ate bratwurst.

AndyLate
03-17-21, 23:35

Sure it is, the Queen's birthday in the Netherlands and my wife's birthday wherever we are.

Andy

chuckman
03-18-21, 07:22

LOL, it is in my area.

Edited to add, neither is Boxing Day, but it's on the calendar. Anything can be a holiday if people want it to be.

chuckman
03-18-21, 07:23
double tap

PatEgan
03-19-21, 00:22
Fun fact:
There were NO Englishmen/women when St. Patrick was around. He was from a well to do Roman family, and was captured by Irish seafaring raiders and brought to Ireland as a slave.

Solid fact:
No self-respecting Irishman drinks green beer, that's for drunk chicks.

Scrubber3
03-19-21, 06:18
Fun fact:
There were NO Englishmen/women when St. Patrick was around. He was from a well to do Roman family, and was captured by Irish seafaring raiders and brought to Ireland as a slave.

Solid fact:
No self-respecting Irishman drinks green beer, that's for drunk chicks.Still drinking?

Esq.
03-19-21, 08:22
Still drinking?

And why not?

Scrubber3
03-19-21, 08:28
And why not? I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Hard to beat 12 pack of Bud

Averageman
03-19-21, 09:09
Green Beer has always been a quantity over quality thing.
Anyway, I just pooped a leprechaun..

Coal Dragger
03-19-21, 14:47

Getting drunk? Possibly going to happen.

Catching syphilis? Extremely unlikely, your mom is nowhere in sight.

Scrubber3
03-19-21, 15:05
Getting drunk? Possibly going to happen.

Catching syphilis? Extremely unlikely, your mom is nowhere in sight.Shame, I'm sure she'd pop her teeth out just for you, you sexy bastard.

Coal Dragger
03-20-21, 11:26
She’s a classy and generous lady.