PDA

View Full Version : Current Locations For Pre-Ban Mag Use?

Leaveammoforme
03-17-21, 13:54
Anybody mind hitting me with some info? I googled and I can't seem to make sense of what's current.

Say an individual wanted to get a 30 round magazine, that is externally marked 10/91, into the hands of a person that would otherwise not be able to legally possess a 30 round mag because of manufacture date.

What states/counties would they be looking for?

richiecotite
03-17-21, 14:45
Massachusetts for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViniVidivici
03-17-21, 14:56
Yeah that's a state thing. Google search.

Hush
03-17-21, 15:02
94 was the AWB...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

omegajb
03-17-21, 15:14
Something like this?

https://qm-supply.com/preban-high-capacity-magazines/

If so, even though it's a pre ban magazine, it would still be illegal to transfer to a state with a standard capacity ban.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Leaveammoforme
03-17-21, 16:22
Something like this?

https://qm-supply.com/preban-high-capacity-magazines/

If so, even though it's a pre ban magazine, it would still be illegal to transfer to a state with a standard capacity ban.

Yep. Okay mag with correct cage code and date. Didn't know about illegal to import. I never kept up with what was what. I was thinking I could get it to someone who could use it.

I'll just put it back in the junk drawer. Thanks for info.

omegajb
03-17-21, 18:00
It's not illegal in a free state but you can't transfer them to someone who lives where there are magazine restrictions.

Curlew
03-17-21, 20:22
FPNI. The Massachusetts mag ban exempted pre-bans, so unless something has changed fairly recently, that’s where your mag wants to be....

The_War_Wagon
03-17-21, 20:36
I think New Yawk is still stuck with pre-'94 mags. I KNOW they're stuck with pre-'94 LOWERS.

PappyM3
03-17-21, 21:32

That is not true for every state with magazine restrictions.

Yep. Okay mag with correct cage code and date. Didn't know about illegal to import. I never kept up with what was what. I was thinking I could get it to someone who could use it.

I'll just put it back in the junk drawer. Thanks for info.

He’s wrong. Maybe there’s a state with a law mimicking his claim. But Massachusetts residents with an LTC, for a fact, can purchase any pre-ban magazine, wherever it currently resides, and have it shipped into MA. All legal. There may be other states too, but I haven’t kept up on the changing AWBs in other states. Massachusetts had kept the original federal AWB since 1998. They actually just use a direct pointer to federal USC from 1994.

m1a_scoutguy
03-17-21, 21:49
I think New Yawk is still stuck with pre-'94 mags. I KNOW they're stuck with pre-'94 LOWERS.

NY is stuck with "sh*t" Look up the SAFE Act !! And you guys are worried about Universal Background checks and other stuff !! :mad: Welcome to my world since 2013 ! Read & enjoy !! https://safeact.ny.gov/ NOTHING Pre-Ban matters anymore.

Leaveammoforme
03-18-21, 13:43
Edit- mag claimed in PIF thread.

Thanks for info. Mag is in the PIF thread for someone to cherish, love and possibly name.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?20223-gt-OFFICIAL-lt-quot-PAY-IT-FORWARD-quot/page235

Evel Baldgui
03-18-21, 20:09
AAAGH....go to the range with your 7 or 10 rd mag to play with, keep the 30 rounders at home in case serious bad-ness happens.

m1a_scoutguy
03-18-21, 20:21
AAAGH....go to the range with your 7 or 10 rd mag to play with, keep the 30 rounders at home in case serious bad-ness happens.

Oh yea and "We Are Allowed" 10rds in our mags at the range & for competition events,,LOL !! They actually did away with the 7rd stipulation, a NY Judge ruled it basically stupid,:cool:,they just never changed the Penal Code so all the fuds and scared people will still just put 7 rds in there mags !

Core781
03-21-21, 16:16
I thought all magazines were standard capacity??

The_War_Wagon
03-21-21, 17:19
I thought all magazines were standard capacity??

If it's a 20 that don't hold 20, a 30 that don't hold 30, etc.... it's SUB-standard capacity. A Whinestein doorstop.