PDA

View Full Version : ASA 9mm Mags & C product 9mm mag

peterj59
12-06-08, 19:10
I have a ASA 9mm AR-15, it came with a magazine.

1. I purchased 9mm magazine from CP products, the magazine follower on this magazine is really high compared to the ASA mag.
2. The ASA mag follower is sort of flat unlike the high back of the CP product "Colt"type.

3.I tried fiquring out if my gun is a OLY type but there magazine have that L looking thing.

If anyone can shed some light on this matter and recommend where to buy correct mags for my gun.

PS the CP mags did not work, they didnt fit except with lots of force and release with lots of force. The ASA mags fit fine and worked fine.

Azrael2004
12-06-08, 23:39
How about a picture of your mag?
That would be a good start.

TangoChaser
12-07-08, 01:17
If your bolt is removeable from the carrier and shaped like a cone, and there is an ejector spring mounted in the upper receiver, it's an Oly style upper.

If the bolt and carrier are one piece and the ejector is a "J" shpaed hook mounted in the lower receiver magwell block, it's a Colt/RRA style gun.

Oly did not have any special mag follower on their guns. They used either modified UZI or Sten mags but did not use different mag follower.

LonghunterCO
12-07-08, 09:05
The ASA is a "Colt style" upper and the CP products mags should work with your set up. With that said ASA makes ARs. If you did not purchase if from ASA then it could be a ASA lower that someone converted to a 9mm. In that case it could be a Oly or Colt type set up.

-the "L" mag comment makes me think that it is an Oly

Post a pic of your mag or bolt