PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Man Arrested at Publix with 6 Guns, Body Armor

Esq.
03-25-21, 08:35
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/atlanta-man-arrested-6-guns-022852837.html

Think we avoided one here by the skin of our friggen teeth....

What's the saying? Chum for Monsters long enough and don't be surprised when one rises to take the bait?

ChattanoogaPhil
03-25-21, 09:26
Was he on his way to a Grandmaster Jay NFAC rally?

Esq.
03-25-21, 09:42
Was he on his way to a Grandmaster Jay NFAC rally?

You know, it's hard to "drill" without snacks....Judging by the "gear" in the police photo, that's a possibility I had not considered.

DPMS AR with Magpul sights and 1 mag

Mossberg 8 Shot Riot gun

Three handguns. One appears to be a Glock compact, the other two look like Taurus products.

Jellybean
03-25-21, 11:23
Oh look... pictures of the guns *just* like that.... :rolleyes:

So... in light of current events, was this supposed to be Shooter #3.... or just another non-event getting bandwagonned by the media proclivity to overhype anything "related" in the wake of any high-profile shooting?

...a witness saw Marley allegedly enter the Publix grocery store's bathroom with a cache of weaponry. The individual called police and the suspect was arrested when he left the bathroom..
I'm guessing option #2 - Dumbass had ta pee, didn't want to leave his shit in the car, didn't think things through like he shoulda... Nothingburger getting more hype then needed because sheeple.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-25-21, 11:43
I figured it was an open carry guy, just being an open carry guy.

An active shooter with a nervous bladder?

Uni-Vibe
03-25-21, 12:02
One thing I notice about these guys is that they carry multiple guns to the scene of their crime.

When Delta Force jumps out of a helicopter, they're not carrying 40 pounds of firearms. The rational thing to do is to carry one effective reliable one and more ammo, no?

But mass murderers are not known for rationality. Something prompts them to carry numerous guns.

Maybe they think it's a video game?

WickedWillis
03-25-21, 12:10
We all really dodged one here. With Biden mumbling about executive action, we are the closest we have been in a very long time.

AndyLate
03-25-21, 12:29
We all really dodged one here. With Biden mumbling about executive action, we are the closest we have been in a very long time.

I think that if Biden could get away with executive action now, he already would have done it.

The marxists are waiting till they guarantee re-elections in 2022.

Business_Casual
03-25-21, 13:07
What is the crime?

Esq.
03-25-21, 13:47
What is the crime?

He was charged with disturbing the peace or some such. I can't comment on Georgias' weapons carrying laws- maybe he did, maybe he didn't according to their laws. But, even in Texas, walking into a grocery store with TWO long guns, three handguns and body armor- isn't exactly normal. If you don't think the guy was planning something bad, I think you're very naive.

Esq.
03-25-21, 13:50
One thing I notice about these guys is that they carry multiple guns to the scene of their crime.

When Delta Force jumps out of a helicopter, they're not carrying 40 pounds of firearms. The rational thing to do is to carry one effective reliable one and more ammo, no?

But mass murderers are not known for rationality. Something prompts them to carry numerous guns.

A large number of them have had weapons malfunctions during their murder sprees- Aurora shooter is one that sticks out- whether that's due to crappy guns, crappy ammo, no training, being all hyped up etc I have no idea....but it is fairly common for it to occur. Having multiple guns is the quickest solution. If they have zero reload skills- and many do, another gun is the answer. Also, if there is resistance and they get knocked down and the gun goes flying- well, there you are.....

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-25-21, 13:56
So you’re sayin’ it was one guy with six guns...

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

The problem is that the Vin diagram of Open Carry Zealots that would truck that much crap to make a point, and a dumbass who through their incompetence becomes an inactive shooter has a lot of overlap space...

WickedWillis
03-25-21, 14:13

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

The problem is that the Vin diagram of Open Carry Zealots that would truck that much crap to make a point, and a dumbass who through their incompetence becomes an inactive shooter has a lot of overlap space...

I understood that reference

Hank6046
03-25-21, 14:29
You know, it's hard to "drill" without snacks....Judging by the "gear" in the police photo, that's a possibility I had not considered.
DPMS AR with Magpul sights and 1 mag
Mossberg 8 Shot Riot gun
Three handguns. One appears to be a Glock compact, the other two look like Taurus products.

$5 bucks says his pants were from 5.11

Esq.
03-25-21, 14:30
I understood that reference

And Espiritu Santo to you too!

Lol....

MountainRaven
03-25-21, 14:37

When Delta Force jumps out of a helicopter, there isn't just one of them. There's a team. Further, they aren't always stepping out of a vehicle or jumping out of a helicopter right on top of their objective: Often they are inserting miles from their objective and then moving in on foot, often up and down mountains, the duration putting an upper limit on how much crap they can carry with them.

If you look at what NYPD's Stake-out Unit carried, it's much more similar. Same if you look at other historical examples of lawmen (and law-breakers) going into situations where they know they will almost certainly have to use their gun to shoot other people with guns: Two or three handguns (or more) are not uncommon, as a backup to a rifle, subgun, or shotgun. And if they're expecting to fight from the car, it isn't unusual for them to have multiple long guns.

Obviously, barring someone planning to do some breaching, it would be pretty unusual for anyone in the mentioned situations to bring two long guns while moving on foot.

In any event, I think the most likely answer to why these things bring so many guns is that they simply bring all the guns they have.

Esq.
03-25-21, 15:01
When Delta Force jumps out of a helicopter, there isn't just one of them. There's a team. Further, they aren't always stepping out of a vehicle or jumping out of a helicopter right on top of their objective: Often they are inserting miles from their objective and then moving in on foot, often up and down mountains, the duration putting an upper limit on how much crap they can carry with them.

If you look at what NYPD's Stake-out Unit carried, it's much more similar. Same if you look at other historical examples of lawmen (and law-breakers) going into situations where they know they will almost certainly have to use their gun to shoot other people with guns: Two or three handguns (or more) are not uncommon, as a backup to a rifle, subgun, or shotgun. And if they're expecting to fight from the car, it isn't unusual for them to have multiple long guns.

Obviously, barring someone planning to do some breaching, it would be pretty unusual for anyone in the mentioned situations to bring two long guns while moving on foot.

In any event, I think the most likely answer to why these things bring so many guns is that they simply bring all the guns they have.

Other historical examples-

Civil War rebel cavalry- carried as many sixguns as they could lay their hands on. The Outlaw Josey Wales is a good example, even though a Hollywood creation. Many were reputed to carry 4-6 revolvers.

The 30's "Motorized Bandits". All carried LOTS of guns- BARs, Shotguns, Revolvers, Tommy Guns etc....Look at the inventory of the Barrow vehicle for reference------

Seven .45 Colt 1911 pistols
One .32 caliber Colt automatic pistol
One sawed-off 20 gauge Remington Model 11 shotgun (Bonnie’s favorite)
Three .30-06 Browning Automatic Rifles (Clyde’s favorite)
One double action Colt revolver
One sawed-off Winchester 10 gauge lever action shotgun
One .380 caliber Colt automatic pistol

Furthermore, there were also 3,000 rounds of various ammunition, and 100 BAR magazines with 20 cartridges in each.

The_War_Wagon
03-25-21, 15:32
Wonder if he's any relation to Bob?

https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Rico-Marley.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=1350

Whiskey_Bravo
03-25-21, 16:45

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!

Great scene

utahjeepr
03-25-21, 18:17
Dafuq was il duce doing in Atlanta?

If there's a gay Fleeb involved imma lose it.

Business_Casual
03-26-21, 05:50
He was charged with disturbing the peace or some such. I can't comment on Georgias' weapons carrying laws- maybe he did, maybe he didn't according to their laws. But, even in Texas, walking into a grocery store with TWO long guns, three handguns and body armor- isn't exactly normal. If you don't think the guy was planning something bad, I think you're very naive.

On your first point, what you are saying is you believe in red flag laws and pre-crime. On your second point, how did you leap there from my question?

The point of the narrative of “keep guns out of the hands of so and so” and universal background checks is prior restraint. Which is not how our system operates and hence the need to camouflage it as a safety measure.

themonk
03-26-21, 07:38
I figured it was an open carry guy, just being an open carry guy.

I also get this feeling. I could hear him telling the cops "I needed some milk for my cap'n crunch and just wanted to be ready if another attack happened in the supermarket".

Esq.
03-26-21, 07:42
On your first point, what you are saying is you believe in red flag laws and pre-crime. On your second point, how did you leap there from my question?

The point of the narrative of “keep guns out of the hands of so and so” and universal background checks is prior restraint. Which is not how our system operates and hence the need to camouflage it as a safety measure.

No. I don't believe I said I supported any such thing. I simply stated the offense for which he was charged. Nothing more.

It's not rational behavior any way you look at it and calls for a healthy measure of skepticism.

Business_Casual
03-26-21, 10:14
No. I don't believe I said I supported any such thing. I simply stated the offense for which he was charged. Nothing more.

It's not rational behavior any way you look at it and calls for a healthy measure of skepticism.

Ok, but trespass would be a better crime - at least you could argue that with a straight face instead of calling “not rational behavior” a crime. If that’s the standard all of us are in Dutch.

Business_Casual
03-26-21, 10:14

Ok, but trespass would be a better crime - at least you could argue that with a straight face instead of calling “not rational behavior” a crime. If that’s the standard all of us are in Dutch.

Esq.
03-26-21, 10:25

I don't know the ins and outs of Georgia law well enough to know what their options on charging him were. I know this, if I had been there and seen the guy I would have kept a sharp eye on him the whole time with the idea of putting a bullet in the back of his head the second I thought he was going to be a problem!

ChattanoogaPhil
03-26-21, 11:04
Last I read Publix has a quasi policy requesting their customers not to open carry, but I don't believe signs are posted at Georgia stores. I don't think a charge of trespass would stick unless there was a sign and he was asked to leave the store but refused.

In related discussion... A few years ago 'Open Carry Texas' folks were carrying long guns inside retail stores and restaurants to get attention. Their grievance was that open carry of handguns was illegal. A lot of gun owners freaked out calling them idiots and predicting that their public demonstration of long guns would not result in legalizing open carry of handguns but would set back gun rights 100 years... blah blah blah. To the contrary, open carry of handguns was made legal. They won. Doomsayers wrong.

Me? No thanks. I try to keep myself as inconspicuous as possible.

gunnerblue
03-26-21, 11:27
Last I read Publix has a quasi policy requesting their customers not to open carry, but I don't believe signs are posted at Georgia stores. I don't think a charge of trespass would stick unless there was a sign and he was asked to leave the store but refused.

In related discussion... A few years ago 'Open Carry Texas' folks were carrying long guns inside retail stores and restaurants to get attention. Their grievance was that open carry of handguns was illegal. A lot of gun owners freaked out calling them idiots and predicting that their public demonstration of long guns would not result in legalizing open carry of handguns but would set back gun rights 100 years... blah blah blah. To the contrary, open carry of handguns was made legal. They won. Doomsayers wrong.

Deleted

okie
03-26-21, 12:05
So I guess with the lockdowns, grocery stores are now the most crowded places in America?

Business_Casual
03-26-21, 12:15

I don’t think it would stick either, but at least it is a crime and temporal to when and where he was.

TAZ
03-26-21, 15:23

Actually, if I remember correctly, they delayed passage of the open carry legislation by an entire legislative session, which in TX is 2 years. OCT is as useful to gun rights as teets on a boar.

I have nothing against open carry aside from some tactical and retention concerns. However, I think it’s part of keep and bear so I’ve supported the legislation efforts to expand carry rights. OCT did not help make the case that open carry would be similar to concealed carry and be a seamless transition for the state. Rarely does an asshat with a cowboy hat, duster and strapping an AR-15 pistol in a thigh rig make that argument.

jsbhike
03-26-21, 18:30
Actually, if I remember correctly, they delayed passage of the open carry legislation by an entire legislative session, which in TX is 2 years. OCT is as useful to gun rights as teets on a boar.

I have nothing against open carry aside from some tactical and retention concerns. However, I think it’s part of keep and bear so I’ve supported the legislation efforts to expand carry rights. OCT did not help make the case that open carry would be similar to concealed carry and be a seamless transition for the state. Rarely does an asshat with a cowboy hat, duster and strapping an AR-15 pistol in a thigh rig make that argument.

Open Carry Texas was founded soon after the crock occurred in 2013.

https://www.police1.com/gun-legislation-law-enforcement/articles/video-texas-man-arrested-for-rudely-displaying-gun-WYAgI0E1PoDi2EMW/

Open Carry got signed in June 2015 which seems like a decent turn around time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas#:~:text=However%2C%20the%202015%20Texas%20Legislature,openly%20or%20concealed%20in%20public.

I know as late as 2018 open carriers were still being arrested for being in compliance with the law.

jsbhike
03-26-21, 18:30

Open Carry Texas was founded soon after the crock occurred in 2013.

https://www.police1.com/gun-legislation-law-enforcement/articles/video-texas-man-arrested-for-rudely-displaying-gun-WYAgI0E1PoDi2EMW/

Open Carry got signed in June 2015 which seems like a decent turn around time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Texas#:~:text=However%2C%20the%202015%20Texas%20Legislature,openly%20or%20concealed%20in%20public.

I know as late as 2018 open carriers were still being arrested for being in compliance with the law.