PDA

View Full Version : High Quality Drop-in Triggers Groups Available Now!

POF-USA
11-14-06, 00:34
POF-USA IS PROUD TO HAVE WORKED WITH TIMNEY MFG., DURING THE DEVELOPMENT, AND TESTING OF THESE HIGH QUALITY TRIGGER GROUPS FOR "AMERICA'S RIFLE". :D
POF-USA WILL USE THESE TRIGGERS EXCLUSIVELY IN ALL OF OUR RIFLES.

TIMNEY MFG. P/N# 661 DROP-IN, 3 LBS., SINGLE STAGE, TRIGGER GROUP,
WHICH MOVES ONLY .030" TO PULL & RE-SET THE TRIGGER.
THESE DROP-IN TRIGGER GROUPS ARE MANUFACTURED USING HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS,
ARE WIRE EDM, BILLET MACHINED, HEAT TREATED, AND PLATED.
JUST DROP-IN THE TRIGGER GROUP, PUSH IN THE SELECTOR LEVER AND THE TWO .154ø TRIGGER PINS, THEN TIGHTEN TWO ALLEN HEAD SCREWS AND YOUR DONE!
YOU WILL BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A BETTER QUALITY TRIGGER GROUP ON THE MARKET. :D

MSRP: $198.00
DEALER WELCOME!

BEST REGARDS,

PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY (http://WWW.POF-USA.COM)

http://www.pof-usa.com/DSC02697.JPG

Dport
11-14-06, 18:54
I'm really really hating you guys.

AmmoUp
11-14-06, 20:00
damn I just burned up my credit card this weekend on hookers and blow....and primers.

now this

Milkman
11-14-06, 20:12
Frank,

Are you doing anything to prevent the all too common bump-firing issues associated with lightweight short single stage triggers?

POF-USA
11-15-06, 00:50
I'm really really hating you guys.

:D

TIMNEY MFG. DROP-IN TRIGGER GROUPS COME WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY!

BEST REGARDS,

PATRIOT ORDNANCE FACTORY (http://WWW.POF-USA.COM)

http://www.pof-usa.com/DSC02704.JPG

Stickman
11-16-06, 02:03
I'm looking forward to running one of these through some heavy use. One of the biggest questions people have asked me is how well these will hold up for serious shooting or duty use. The best answer I can give them right now is that I'll let them know when I find out. I'm not sure if there is a life span figured for these triggers, or if they are expected to meet/ exceed a standard triggers life.

Oddly enough, I'll probably be able to dig up some more pictures for those people who are visual..... :)

Hardgear, LLC
11-16-06, 06:55
Frank,

I'd like to pic up a few for T&E before I sell them in the shop. Wish I would have known a few days ago as I would have asked you to put them in the same box with the upper and the lower I just received (very very nice BTW).

I'm doing an extended shoot this weekend with a high speed friend. I'll dump 1k rounds myself.

Anyway to get one expedited out to me for a test? I'll pay the extra freight.

Harlan Williamson aka the bomber
540 535 8987

POF-USA
11-18-06, 02:13
I'm looking forward to running one of these through some heavy use. One of the biggest questions people have asked me is how well these will hold up for serious shooting or duty use. The best answer I can give them right now is that I'll let them know when I find out. I'm not sure if there is a life span figured for these triggers, or if they are expected to meet/ exceed a standard triggers life.

Oddly enough, I'll probably be able to dig up some more pictures for those people who are visual..... :)

STICKMAN,

I HOPE TO SEE PICTURE'S SOON! :)
YOUR PICTURE OF THE RIFLES ARE ONE OF THE BEST SEEN ON THE FORUMS.
BEST REGARDS

POF-USA
11-18-06, 02:14
Frank,

I'd like to pic up a few for T&E before I sell them in the shop. Wish I would have known a few days ago as I would have asked you to put them in the same box with the upper and the lower I just received (very very nice BTW).

I'm doing an extended shoot this weekend with a high speed friend. I'll dump 1k rounds myself.

Anyway to get one expedited out to me for a test? I'll pay the extra freight.

Harlan Williamson aka the bomber
540 535 8987

HARLAN,

HOPE ALL IS WELL.
PLEASE CONTACT CHRIS AT SALES@POF-USA.COM
OR CALL HIM AT 623-561-9572.
BEST REGARDS

Milkman
11-18-06, 13:33
Frank,

Are you doing anything to prevent the all too common bump-firing issues associated with lightweight short single stage triggers?

Bueller?

Dport
11-18-06, 17:40
Bueller?
You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I have never "bump fired." However, if the issue isn't the trigger "doubling" but an issue with allowing the action of recoil to pull the trigger twice in rapid succession, wouldn't that be a technique vice hardware problem?

I'm not sure how you get hardware to correct that particular technique without making the trigger heavy.

Milkman
11-18-06, 19:32
You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I have never "bump fired." However, if the issue isn't the trigger "doubling" but an issue with allowing the action of recoil to pull the trigger twice in rapid succession, wouldn't that be a technique vice hardware problem?

I'm not sure how you get hardware to correct that particular technique without making the trigger heavy.

Its is problem unique to light single stage triggers because the reset is so short and light. Yes changing technique is possible but that defeats the purpose.

This was also a major problem with the CMC and JP drop in single stage triggers.

Stickman
11-18-06, 20:53
Its is problem unique to light single stage triggers because the reset is so short and light. Yes changing technique is possible but that defeats the purpose.

This was also a major problem with the CMC and JP drop in single stage triggers.

Thats what we will be looking to find out. There are a few other single stage triggers that have been very nice, but have had short life spans. I don't know if its a surface hardness issue, or there are other things that contribute to this.

KL Davis would probably be a pretty good source of info on this. Either way, I plan to keep track of dryfire and live fire count.

Dport
11-18-06, 23:34

Um, if there isn't anything physically wrong with the trigger, what do you want exactly?

Hardgear, LLC
11-19-06, 00:07

I run CMC and JP triggers in several rifles. Never had any trouble with either. The JP has has been through several courses including BW without issue. I'm hoping to get one of these for an extend a T&E.

I expect it to be extremely high quality since Frank has his name associated with it.

Bomber

Milkman
11-19-06, 11:49
Thats what we will be looking to find out. There are a few other single stage triggers that have been very nice, but have had short life spans. I don't know if its a surface hardness issue, or there are other things that contribute to this.

KL Davis would probably be a pretty good source of info on this. Either way, I plan to keep track of dryfire and live fire count.

I don't mean short lifespan or manufacturer's defect. I've owned the JP drop in, CMC, as well as various other single stage kit triggers. I much prefer single stage but when shooting off a pack, bipod, bench, or bag the combination of the short pull and light weight of pull causes bump fires. The trigger isn't technically malfunctioning but the design and the shooting technique are directly responsible. Making the over travel longer helps but that effects accuracy also.

The reason why I bring it up is because I have had to switch to two stage but would gladly switch back to single if I could find an aftermarket trigger with no creep that wasn't the direct cause of bump firing.

C4IGrant
11-19-06, 12:14
I don't mean short lifespan or manufacturer's defect. I've owned the JP drop in, CMC, as well as various other single stage kit triggers. I much prefer single stage but when shooting off a pack, bipod, bench, or bag the combination of the short pull and light weight of pull causes bump fires. The trigger isn't technically malfunctioning but the design and the shooting technique are directly responsible. Making the over travel longer helps but that effects accuracy also.

The reason why I bring it up is because I have had to switch to two stage but would gladly switch back to single if I could find an aftermarket trigger with no creep that wasn't the direct cause of bump firing.

I have run the JP drop in for a long time and in many classes. It has never failed me. It is however, NOT a combat rated trigger (3 gun type).

The CMC drop in has a lot of issues and is why I never stocked them.

I am hoping that these POF triggers will give us shooters a serious single stage trigger that is fit for duty use. Time will tell.

I should have some of these POF triggers in stock on Tuesday to play with.

C4

Stickman
11-19-06, 18:26
The CMC drop in has a lot of issues and is why I never stocked them.

I am hoping that these POF triggers will give us shooters a serious single stage trigger that is fit for duty use. Time will tell.

C4

Thats what I had thought Milkman was alluding to. I have higher hopes for the POF units. :)

C4IGrant
11-22-06, 09:03
Just got this trigger in. Very nice to say the least. I have run the JP trigger for a long time and it has performed well, but I knew that it wasn't the most robust trigger.

This POF trigger has a lot less screws holding it together and the fit and finish is excellent. I am going to install it in a 9MM AR and see how it runs. :D

C4

Nathan_Bell
12-09-06, 16:42
Just got this trigger in. Very nice to say the least. I have run the JP trigger for a long time and it has performed well, but I knew that it wasn't the most robust trigger.

This POF trigger has a lot less screws holding it together and the fit and finish is excellent. I am going to install it in a 9MM AR and see how it runs. :D

C4

That 9MM ar is the reason I have one in my AR-10 now.
Had a small issue installing it, until I realized that the small set screws on the bottom of it were out a half turn. Once I backed them off I was able to have the trigger in place in about 3 minutes.

Limited shooting impressions, as it was getting dark. This is one of the nicest feeling triggers I have been exposed to. It finally allowed me to be "surprised" when the trigger broke on my AR-10. Previously, I would end up yanking the trigger by the time I was near the end of a magazine. If they have the durabilty, I will own more for my varmint and plinking rigs.

PS. Shop is great Grant. For those who are not in a reasonable distance, it offers the chance to check out the different mfg's parts, before you buy. Big damned candy store that I need to avoid :p

C4IGrant
12-09-06, 17:53
That 9MM ar is the reason I have one in my AR-10 now.
Had a small issue installing it, until I realized that the small set screws on the bottom of it were out a half turn. Once I backed them off I was able to have the trigger in place in about 3 minutes.

Limited shooting impressions, as it was getting dark. This is one of the nicest feeling triggers I have been exposed to. It finally allowed me to be "surprised" when the trigger broke on my AR-10. Previously, I would end up yanking the trigger by the time I was near the end of a magazine. If they have the durabilty, I will own more for my varmint and plinking rigs.

PS. Shop is great Grant. For those who are not in a reasonable distance, it offers the chance to check out the different mfg's parts, before you buy. Big damned candy store that I need to avoid :p

Good meeting you and thank you for your business!

C4