PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee can carry HG’s open or cc

matemike
03-30-21, 18:27
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7061138002

I hope other states (the good ones) follow suit with Tennessee.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-30-21, 18:47
Wife and I have permits but this is really good news.

Straight Shooter
03-30-21, 18:53
So..is this Constitutional Carry or what is it exactly...and how does it affect others states permit holders..like Alabama for instance.

duece71
03-30-21, 19:07
This is good news. Thanks for posting.

DG23
03-30-21, 21:56
So..is this Constitutional Carry or what is it exactly...and how does it affect others states permit holders..like Alabama for instance.

It means that if you are in TN (or MS right next door) you do not need any sort of 'permit' to carry open or concealed regardless of which state you reside in.

TN has been 'close' to this for a while anyway from my perspective. You didn't 'need' a permit before to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle OR at your place of business / workplace / private property where they allowed you carry open or concealed.

Say you live in Alabama but work in TN - You did not 'need' a permit before to travel from Alabama to your workplace in TN and have your firearm in the vehicle. Once you got to your workplace in TN you did not 'need' a permit to carry at work so long as your employer was cool with it (or you were the boss and it was your place of business). If you went from your place in AL to a friends house in TN for a BBQ dinner you did not 'need' a permit to carry on his private property (so long as he was cool with it).

The big difference here is the private vs public property and you carrying concealed thing previously as compared to now. If the parking lot at your place of business was full (or your BBQ buddy) and you had to park down the street and walk through 'public' areas to get where you were going (a private property place that does not require a permit from you) last week - You were 'supposed' to have a permit to carry from somewhere while you were on public property walking to where you were headed.

You don't need that permit now.

Straight Shooter
03-31-21, 09:05
It means that if you are in TN (or MS right next door) you do not need any sort of 'permit' to carry open or concealed regardless of which state you reside in.

TN has been 'close' to this for a while anyway from my perspective. You didn't 'need' a permit before to have a loaded pistol in your vehicle OR at your place of business / workplace / private property where they allowed you carry open or concealed.

Say you live in Alabama but work in TN - You did not 'need' a permit before to travel from Alabama to your workplace in TN and have your firearm in the vehicle. Once you got to your workplace in TN you did not 'need' a permit to carry at work so long as your employer was cool with it (or you were the boss and it was your place of business). If you went from your place in AL to a friends house in TN for a BBQ dinner you did not 'need' a permit to carry on his private property (so long as he was cool with it).

The big difference here is the private vs public property and you carrying concealed thing previously as compared to now. If the parking lot at your place of business was full (or your BBQ buddy) and you had to park down the street and walk through 'public' areas to get where you were going (a private property place that does not require a permit from you) last week - You were 'supposed' to have a permit to carry from somewhere while you were on public property walking to where you were headed.

Thank you for that info.
Seeing more reports now on this, and they are indeed calling it Const. Carry. This is WAY past due for TN and Im extremely happy about it.
A small light in an otherwise dark 2A environment.

Entryteam
03-31-21, 09:07

AR is the same way.

mattiep321
03-31-21, 12:03
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7061138002

I hope other states (the good ones) follow suit with Tennessee.

What are "the good ones" by the way? I'm sickened by the concept that Bud's Guns today wouldn't sell me any 9mm ammo because I have a New York State license with Veteran Status on it even after I explained to the guy that NYC was 5 hours away from where I live, how I live on a farm with chickens, and how a majority of New York State Votes RED (https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/new-york/) except for New York City and their millions. I just don't get it - we're either in this together or we aren't. Last I checked, Nashville and Memphis voted Blue (https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/tennessee/)...

Constitutional Carry should be the rule everywhere period, not just "the good ones", whatever the hell that means

titsonritz
03-31-21, 12:10
That makes 19. Come on Texas, make it 20.

Kevslatvin
03-31-21, 12:18
What are "the good ones" by the way? I'm sickened by the concept that Bud's Guns today wouldn't sell me any 9mm ammo because I have a New York State license with Veteran Status on it even after I explained to the guy that NYC was 5 hours away from where I live, how I live on a farm with chickens, and how a majority of New York State Votes RED (https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/new-york/) except for New York City and their millions. I just don't get it - we're either in this together or we aren't. Last I checked, Nashville and Memphis voted Blue (https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/tennessee/)...

Constitutional Carry should be the rule everywhere period, not just "the good ones", whatever the hell that means

Unlike New York there is enough population in the rest of the state in TN that those cities going blue doesn't drive the whole state to be blue. Also the TN state house and senate are Republican controlled currently. Those two things I would say make a big difference in how the two states are run.

I agree Constitutional Carry should be the rule everywhere but until the elected officials in blue states can be voted out and different officials voted in it can't happen. Unfortunately the demographics of those large cities that control the outcome in those states probably makes the odds of that happening slim to none.

Kevslatvin
03-31-21, 12:24
I have a question about a statement in the article. "Lee's administration has estimated the legislation will cost the state as much as $20 million annually" What about constitutional carry cost the state money? Is it lost revenue from people not getting permits? I imagine some, not all, people will still get permits so they can travel to neighboring states and be able to carry while there. I just didn't understand how not requiring a permit costs anything.

ChattanoogaPhil
03-31-21, 13:05
Probably based of projected revenue losses for new permits, renewals and upgrades. That said, the Handgun Unit only reported $9 million in revenues for 2020. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/safety/documents/handgun-permit-reports/HandgunCarryPermitsReport2020.pdf

The State of Tennessee issued 145,237 handgun carry permits in 2020. Of these, 20.39% were original enhanced permits, 22.82% were original concealed carry, 30.53% were renewals, 14.1% were duplicates, 0.31% were free, and 11.84% were lifetime. The most active month was April with 16,481 handgun carry permits issued.

Here's the fee schedule. Do the math and let us know... haha.

https://i.imgur.com/FOOZu83.png

jsbhike
03-31-21, 17:53
Probably based of projected revenue losses for new permits, renewals and upgrades. That said, the Handgun Unit only reported $9 million in revenues for 2020. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/safety/documents/handgun-permit-reports/HandgunCarryPermitsReport2020.pdf

The State of Tennessee issued 145,237 handgun carry permits in 2020. Of these, 20.39% were original enhanced permits, 22.82% were original concealed carry, 30.53% were renewals, 14.1% were duplicates, 0.31% were free, and 11.84% were lifetime. The most active month was April with 16,481 handgun carry permits issued.

Here's the fee schedule. Do the math and let us know... haha.

https://i.imgur.com/FOOZu83.png

Maybe they are including loss of fines, court costs, and so on from the decriminalization of this?

ChattanoogaPhil
03-31-21, 18:36
Maybe they are including loss of fines, court costs, and so on from the decriminalization of this?

Government math... who knows???

DG23
03-31-21, 19:24
Just in case any of you guys were not aware already -

The 'Enhanced' permit crap is a ripoff and a joke designed to part dummies from their dollars. MS does the same exact scam with the 'enhanced' garbage and their permits.

Supposedly you are 'permitted' to carry in places that a traditional permit will not allow you to carry but in reality you are not (most times). A great example would be my local City Hall. According to the way the 'Enhanced Permit' junk is worded you are supposed to be allowed to carry concealed there (so long as you paid the extra money for that 'Enhanced' garbage on your permit).

The reality is that no you can't. The reason you can't is because almost every single one of those places has signage saying no firearms permitted except by law enforcement, blah, blah... That signage trumps your Enhanced Permit every time.

I forget the exact wordage they have on the sign at my local City Hall but it is something to the effect of 'No firearms permitted inside except by law enforcement officials. Any Questions - Go ask the Police Dept' and a little arrow pointing to the police station right next door in the same building...

gaijin
03-31-21, 19:30
We’ve had Constitutional Carry in Kansas for a few years. It’s a good thing.
The media warned, fear mongered and gnashed their teeth over the irresponsibility, bloodshed that would ensue, blah/blah.
The reality? Crickets, zero “incidents”.

Bulletdog
03-31-21, 19:49
I agree Constitutional Carry should be the rule everywhere but until the elected officials in blue states can be voted out and different officials voted in it can't happen. Unfortunately the demographics of those large cities that control the outcome in those states probably makes the odds of that happening slim to none.

Yeah. Its too bad there isn't some over-riding, supreme law of the land type document saying that people's right to bear arms cannot be infringed...

High five Tennessee! Rock on!

ABNAK
03-31-21, 20:20
I will still keep my CCW permit active so I can have reciprocity where applicable.

DG23
03-31-21, 20:23
AR is the same way.

Appreciate the heads up. Was not aware of that.

Funny because just yesterday I was in AR taking the girls to their Vet for their annual stuff. Not being aware I left my pistol in the truck outside while the girls and I went in and got their stuff done... Started / ended my day at home in MS, worked at the shop in TN during the day, and shot over into AR for the Vet stuff before heading back home.

Was not really nervous about things being unarmed where I was at the time. Most of the other customers gave me / us a fairly wide berth when I walked in with a pair of big ass Doberman girls. Nobody wanted to sit next to us for whatever reason? Place was packed when we arrived and Vet was an hour late getting to us at our scheduled appointment time. :(

Only sharing cause it was funny to me: Girls got bored yesterday waiting at the Vet and started roughhousing / chewing on each others faces. The one got a tiny bit too aggressive sounding while playing with her sister (not squeezing or damaging her at all - just didn't want the other people waiting to hear her and mistakenly think she was serious about eating her sisters face off) so I fussed at her to stop.

I told the dog, "Dammit, STOP. If you screw up my only 'good' Doberman I am taking your ass straight to the closest Chinese restaurant and dropping you off". She calmed down. :)

WillieThom
03-31-21, 20:51

Basically that’s kind of the jist of it, based on what I heard on the radio the other day.

jsbhike
03-31-21, 20:55
Kentucky is.

https://kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/ccdw-home/permitless-carry/

WV is another, but this kind of crap still happens. Will post a follow up to this too.

https://youtu.be/FidBe0w0dCU

jsbhike
03-31-21, 20:58
The YouTuber posting these is the attorney and the case being discussed cones from the incident in the previous post. The judge is an excuse factory.

https://youtu.be/TICOheWnJCs

The claim they didn't know who Walker was is highly unlikely as well.

https://www.wvnews.com/news/wvnews/man-sues-putnam-deputies-county-commission-for-allegedly-violating-his-right-to-openly-carry-a/article_075bde24-5ee9-5f6b-bcd5-6a5473c2285c.html

"The Gazette says that Michael Walker, of Scott Depot, was arrested for obstruction of justice after deputies confronted him about a gun he was openly carrying in December 2016 and was found not guilty. In 2017, a second incident related to openly carrying a firearm was caught on video. An officer on the video tells Walker that he can check his gun if he sees it."

And I suspect he was in a self defense shooting prior to that.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/cops_and_courts/winfield-fight-leads-to-shooting/article_681198fc-4e8c-5e9e-beed-8760b5bf9ee8.html

seb5
04-01-21, 06:44

I can remember decades ago here in AR., the state police writing tickets for carrying but honestly haven't heard of anybody doing this in over 20 years. I'm not saying it's never happened but I don't have any knowledge of it. I recently had a FOIA request for how many were written in our jurisdiction and went back 3 years and found zero that were'nt part of other more serious crimes. In AR. the burden of proof is that you were intent on committing a crime while carrying a weapon for that charge, which is pretty hard to prove without the crime being or attempted to be commtted.

seb5
04-01-21, 06:45
Kentucky is.

https://kentuckystatepolice.org/ccdw/ccdw-home/permitless-carry/

WV is another, but this kind of crap still happens. Will post a follow up to this too.

https://youtu.be/FidBe0w0dCU

THe court precedents will solidify the ability to carry, that's what occurred in AR.

jsbhike
04-01-21, 17:17
I can remember decades ago here in AR., the state police writing tickets for carrying but honestly haven't heard of anybody doing this in over 20 years. I'm not saying it's never happened but I don't have any knowledge of it. I recently had a FOIA request for how many were written in our jurisdiction and went back 3 years and found zero that were'nt part of other more serious crimes. In AR. the burden of proof is that you were intent on committing a crime while carrying a weapon for that charge, which is pretty hard to prove without the crime being or attempted to be commtted.

Based on print and radio news a fair number of people were getting popped in KY prior to concealed carry being decriminalized.

I have zero idea if there was any other offense tied in to it and really don't care if there was. If someone breaks in to a home that is the problem that needs to be dealt with instead of shifting the focus to firearms possession which has the additional negative of repetitively linking firearms and crime.

Very similar to hate crime nonsense.

eightmillimeter
04-02-21, 19:02
Iowa just became the 19th CC state a couple hours ago!

kaiservontexas
04-02-21, 19:38
I am glad this has continued to spread. A true win for the people of those states. I only hope that Texas will soon possess such a great victory in freedom for the people.

Owning, possessing, carrying, and using said weapons for personal protection is a civil right.

Entryteam
04-03-21, 01:17
I have a question about a statement in the article. "Lee's administration has estimated the legislation will cost the state as much as $20 million annually" What about constitutional carry cost the state money? Is it lost revenue from people not getting permits? I imagine some, not all, people will still get permits so they can travel to neighboring states and be able to carry while there. I just didn't understand how not requiring a permit costs anything.

A "license" is when the government steals away one of your rights and then sells it back to you.

titsonritz
04-06-21, 02:50
Iowa just became the 19th CC state a couple hours ago!

That makes 20 with TN.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-06-21, 07:11
This is such a big change compared to the way things used to be. Handgun carry used to be generally viewed as an activity for criminals and law enforcement. It wasn't until the 90s when 'shall issue' began to sweep across the US, and now constitutional carry in 20 states... nice.

It's easy to forget how screwed-up things were not so long ago. Here's a trip down handgun carry memory lane from Tennessee Firearms Association.

-------

Prior to 1989, Tennessee was a limited “open carry” state. Tennessee’s open carry law was limited to “army or navy” pistols but only if such pistols were carried openly in the hand. The statute did not allow citizens to holster the weapons or to carry these types of pistols concealed. A person would have to become a special deputy or receive a special police commission in order carry a handgun that did not fit the “army or navy” designation. These commissions were also necessary if the individual wanted to carry the weapon concealed or holstered.

In 1989, Tennessee overhauled its handgun carry laws to provide that sheriffs “may issue” a handgun carry permit to authorize “any person” to carry a handgun. This change in the law allowed a sheriff to issue handgun carry permits without having to make the person a special deputy or officer. Although the 1989 law authorized a sheriff to issue handgun carry permits there were problems. First, it did not require the sheriff to issue civilian permits. Second, the permits were only good in the county in which they were issued.

The Adoption of a “shall issue” standard

In May 1994 the Tennessee Legislature meagerly addressed the desire of the citizens to carry firearms. Although the Tennessee Legislature attempted to liberalize the laws regarding the issuance of handgun carry permits and to address other problems which had been recognized since the passage of the 1989 law, it failed to adequately do so.

With the passage of the 1994 law, Tennessee went from a “may issue” state to a “shall issue” state. As a “shall issue” law, the law seemingly required the chief law enforcement officer to issue a handgun carry permit to an applicant, who was otherwise qualified to own a handgun in the state, unless the chief law enforcement officer believed “for good cause and in the exercise of reasonable discretion” that the applicant should not be issued a handgun carry permit.

With the increase in the number of citizens applying for handgun permits after the 1994 law went into effect, several problems began to surface under the 1994 law. These problems generally related to the fact that the law authorized the chief law enforcement officer of each county to issue handgun carry permits to the residents of that county, but it did very little to regulate or standardize the handgun permitting process. With 95 counties, Tennessee had different interpretations of the law and permitting processes. Consequently, the applications, application fees, background checks and even the probability of obtaining a permit varied widely by county.

Because of the significant inconsistencies with the implementation of the 1994 handgun carry law by the chief law enforcement officers of the various counties, various bills were introduced in 1995 and 1996 in the Tennessee Legislature to standardize the handgun permitting process. Finally, in April 1996, the Legislature passed the 1996 law which transferred the responsibility for issuing handgun carry permits from the county level to the Department of Safety. The 1996 law also standardized the permitting process to be the same application process and fee structure statewide.

The 1996 law went into effect October 1, 1996. During the two year period from October 1, 1994, through September 30, 1996, it is estimated that approximately 7,000 handgun permits had been issued in Tennessee at the county level. On October 1, 1996, the floodgates opened. With reduced fees, the elimination of the bonding requirement, and a permitting process no longer subject to 95 different interpretations, the citizens rushed to apply for handgun carry permits. However within only a few months, it once again became evident there were serious problems with the state’s interpretation and administration of the 1996 law.

By January 1997 it was apparent that what should have been a relatively simple process and what is a relatively simple process in most other states was not working in Tennessee. Fingerprint cards were being returned and redone because they were unclassifiable (e.g., smudged prints). Computerized background checks were being rejected because applicants would have arrest and criminal histories with open dispositions. Chief law enforcement officers either were not responding timely to the requests for background checks and/or were qualifying their responses to these background checks. Thus, even in instances where an applicant had a completely clean criminal record, testimony before the Tennessee House Judiciary Committee in early 1997 reflected that it could have easily taken from 9 months to more than a year to complete the application process.

In February and March 1997, the Tennessee House Judiciary Committee conducted extensive hearings in an effort to determine what was wrong with the handgun permitting system that the Tennessee Legislature created less than a year before. As a result of those hearings, the Tennessee Legislature passed yet more legislation in 1997 in an effort to eliminate the delays in issuing the civilian handgun carry permits. By virtue of the 1997 law, Tennessee became a “leading issuance” state similar to what had existed in Florida.

Under the 1997 law, the Department of Safety was required to issue a handgun carry permit within 90 days of the date of the application—even if the criminal history check has not been completed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation or the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Although this change in the law should have required only minor, technical amendments to the 1996 law, the 1997 law became severely burdened with many other provisions which have been critically denounced as being fundamentally contrary to the constitutionally protected rights of the citizens of this state to keep, bear, and wear arms.

This brief outline of the history and status of Tennessee’s handgun carry permit laws helps understand what now exists. While the 1994 handgun carry law and its successors may not have materially increased the number of citizens and other individuals actually carrying handguns in Tennessee, it certainly increased the number of citizens carrying handguns in conjunction with civilian handgun carry permits.

More here: https://tennesseefirearms.com/resources/civilian-permits/

tgizzard
04-06-21, 07:15
meanwhile the state I currently reside in is in the process of passing a new law requiring individuals who wish to buy a handgun to apply for a permit from the state to do so. That on top of a ban on mag cap over 17 rounds. Damn shame. I’d love to move but it’s the whole jobs, home, kids thing. Told the wife though if these bills do become law that’ll start the clock ticking on us getting out. Democrats won the majority in both state houses last year and they’re already showing their true colors.

Wife is from down south, that’s where we met, should never have left.

Glad to hear other states are moving in the right direction though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiffums
04-07-21, 16:59
You all should see the gashing of teeth on the local stations facebook page. It's like "blood in the streets/road ragers/hunting minorities" all rolled into one.

Yes I am trolling the shit out of them for the lulz.

Brasilnuts
04-07-21, 17:15
You all should see the gashing of teeth on the local stations facebook page. It's like "blood in the streets/road ragers/hunting minorities" all rolled into one.

Yes I am trolling the shit out of them for the lulz.

They sing that same tired old tune every time.

Song always ends the same though.

jsbhike
04-07-21, 17:26
This is such a big change compared to the way things used to be. Handgun carry used to be generally viewed as an activity for criminals and law enforcement. It wasn't until the 90s when 'shall issue' began to sweep across the US, and now constitutional carry in 20 states... nice.

It's easy to forget how screwed-up things were not so long ago. Here's a trip down handgun carry memory lane from Tennessee Firearms Association.

-------

Prior to 1989, Tennessee was a limited “open carry” state. Tennessee’s open carry law was limited to “army or navy” pistols but only if such pistols were carried openly in the hand. The statute did not allow citizens to holster the weapons or to carry these types of pistols concealed. A person would have to become a special deputy or receive a special police commission in order carry a handgun that did not fit the “army or navy” designation. These commissions were also necessary if the individual wanted to carry the weapon concealed or holstered.

In 1989, Tennessee overhauled its handgun carry laws to provide that sheriffs “may issue” a handgun carry permit to authorize “any person” to carry a handgun. This change in the law allowed a sheriff to issue handgun carry permits without having to make the person a special deputy or officer. Although the 1989 law authorized a sheriff to issue handgun carry permits there were problems. First, it did not require the sheriff to issue civilian permits. Second, the permits were only good in the county in which they were issued.

The Adoption of a “shall issue” standard

In May 1994 the Tennessee Legislature meagerly addressed the desire of the citizens to carry firearms. Although the Tennessee Legislature attempted to liberalize the laws regarding the issuance of handgun carry permits and to address other problems which had been recognized since the passage of the 1989 law, it failed to adequately do so.

With the passage of the 1994 law, Tennessee went from a “may issue” state to a “shall issue” state. As a “shall issue” law, the law seemingly required the chief law enforcement officer to issue a handgun carry permit to an applicant, who was otherwise qualified to own a handgun in the state, unless the chief law enforcement officer believed “for good cause and in the exercise of reasonable discretion” that the applicant should not be issued a handgun carry permit.

With the increase in the number of citizens applying for handgun permits after the 1994 law went into effect, several problems began to surface under the 1994 law. These problems generally related to the fact that the law authorized the chief law enforcement officer of each county to issue handgun carry permits to the residents of that county, but it did very little to regulate or standardize the handgun permitting process. With 95 counties, Tennessee had different interpretations of the law and permitting processes. Consequently, the applications, application fees, background checks and even the probability of obtaining a permit varied widely by county.

Because of the significant inconsistencies with the implementation of the 1994 handgun carry law by the chief law enforcement officers of the various counties, various bills were introduced in 1995 and 1996 in the Tennessee Legislature to standardize the handgun permitting process. Finally, in April 1996, the Legislature passed the 1996 law which transferred the responsibility for issuing handgun carry permits from the county level to the Department of Safety. The 1996 law also standardized the permitting process to be the same application process and fee structure statewide.

The 1996 law went into effect October 1, 1996. During the two year period from October 1, 1994, through September 30, 1996, it is estimated that approximately 7,000 handgun permits had been issued in Tennessee at the county level. On October 1, 1996, the floodgates opened. With reduced fees, the elimination of the bonding requirement, and a permitting process no longer subject to 95 different interpretations, the citizens rushed to apply for handgun carry permits. However within only a few months, it once again became evident there were serious problems with the state’s interpretation and administration of the 1996 law.

By January 1997 it was apparent that what should have been a relatively simple process and what is a relatively simple process in most other states was not working in Tennessee. Fingerprint cards were being returned and redone because they were unclassifiable (e.g., smudged prints). Computerized background checks were being rejected because applicants would have arrest and criminal histories with open dispositions. Chief law enforcement officers either were not responding timely to the requests for background checks and/or were qualifying their responses to these background checks. Thus, even in instances where an applicant had a completely clean criminal record, testimony before the Tennessee House Judiciary Committee in early 1997 reflected that it could have easily taken from 9 months to more than a year to complete the application process.

In February and March 1997, the Tennessee House Judiciary Committee conducted extensive hearings in an effort to determine what was wrong with the handgun permitting system that the Tennessee Legislature created less than a year before. As a result of those hearings, the Tennessee Legislature passed yet more legislation in 1997 in an effort to eliminate the delays in issuing the civilian handgun carry permits. By virtue of the 1997 law, Tennessee became a “leading issuance” state similar to what had existed in Florida.

Under the 1997 law, the Department of Safety was required to issue a handgun carry permit within 90 days of the date of the application—even if the criminal history check has not been completed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation or the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Although this change in the law should have required only minor, technical amendments to the 1996 law, the 1997 law became severely burdened with many other provisions which have been critically denounced as being fundamentally contrary to the constitutionally protected rights of the citizens of this state to keep, bear, and wear arms.

This brief outline of the history and status of Tennessee’s handgun carry permit laws helps understand what now exists. While the 1994 handgun carry law and its successors may not have materially increased the number of citizens and other individuals actually carrying handguns in Tennessee, it certainly increased the number of citizens carrying handguns in conjunction with civilian handgun carry permits.

More here: https://tennesseefirearms.com/resources/civilian-permits/

Kentucky has had open carry since at least 1891 with court decisions and the works backing that up. That being said, several areas such as Louisville/Jefferson County and Lexington/Fayette County were known for harassing and arresting open carriers which was one of the issues leading to the push for concealed carry which those municipalities opposed since they wanted to know who was carrying for public safety, see the harassing and arresting segment for the why.

Louisville Metro used to pass loads of anti gun ordinances as a masturbatory thing since KY has preemption. Their website was littered with anti gun ordinances and punishments ending in a statement that it couldn't be enforced due to preemption until the legislature cracked down on it a few years back. That, the harassing/arresting/opposition to carry, and Louisville ignoring a state "law" to turn all confiscated firearms in to the state for auction requiring the next session of the legislature to issue a "we weren't kidding" amendment are among the many reasons why I was giving an opinion against believing any official louisville claims concerning the Taylor raid and shooting.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-07-21, 17:39
In 2009, the sky was falling when Guns in Bars passed here in Tennessee. The sky fell in 2014 when no permit was required to keep a loaded gun in your vehicle. The sky again fell in 2019 when no proficiency test was required to get a permit. And... the sky will again fall due to constitutional carry.

Much to the chagrin of doomsayers... we're doing just fine.

Spiffums
04-08-21, 14:00
They sing that same tired old tune every time.

Song always ends the same though.

Still fun to harrass the every loving shit out of them though. I got to keep up with Johnny's facebook ban medals you know LOL