PDA

View Full Version : Justice League (2021 Snyder Version)

WillBrink
04-02-21, 09:32
This movie is the perfect example of why those in Hollywood should keep their damn noses out of "fixing" movies in an attempt to make everyone happy. The 2017 version was OK, not great (I gave it a B-), and a bit of a mess. This is a FAR better version, perhaps the best super hero movie of them all. It's dark, they cuss, there's blood (all those battles and no blood to keep PG13 rating always annoyed me...), and is R rated. The CGI is gorgeous, and the characters more believable, and it's four hours long! I watched it in two parts myself. The epilogue drags a bit, but otherwise, a solid movie. A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QmSF7WUyN0

Firefly
04-02-21, 10:07
Snyder Cut proved to me the following:

-Four Hours goes by fast
-Whedon is a hack and deserves to be the subject of a Fatwah
-The Avengers was terrible and marvel is lame.

Marvel is lame.

“Lol hai guyz it’s like an episode of Friends with super heroes and they’re doing the thing lol talk the the hand, girlfriend”

DC however is badass

“THESE ARE LITERAL GODS AMONG YOU FIGHTING OTHER GODS TRYING TO UNCREATE YOU”

Thanos was a bitch.

Darkseid is the truth and I want to do gross things with Gal Gadot.

Also it was interesting to see Jared Leto playing Joker. This was his first time ever portraying the Joker. It was okay. A cautious okay. Would have been better with Joaquin Phoenix though

WillBrink
04-02-21, 10:49

-Four Hours goes by fast

Marvel is lame.

“Lol hai guyz it’s like an episode of Friends with super heroes and they’re doing the thing lol talk the the hand, girlfriend”

DC however is badass

Thanos was a bitch.

Also it was interesting to see Jared Leto playing Joker. This was his first time ever portraying the Joker. It was okay. A cautious okay. Would have been better with Joaquin Phoenix though

Agreed on all fronts man. That movie gives us a taste of what super hero movies can be if done right. It's not perfect, like that over used convenient going faster then the speed of light (had to really suspend my disbelief on that one hard...) turns back time, back to saving the universe. Not as bad as the old super man where he literally made the planet turn backward, but just not needed. I'm fine with ignoring the physics of the Flash running at very high speeds, but the speed of light and beyond? That one was a stretch I couldn't make.

Adrenaline_6
04-02-21, 12:16

-Four Hours goes by fast

Marvel is lame.

DC however is badass

Thanos was a bitch.

I dunno man. Not saying Avengers is so great, but Bruce Wayne is a lame, boring, uncharismatic, ghetto version of Tony Stark. Other than WW, SM, and Aquaman, they are just regular people...and even then, without SM they are still kind of garbage (minus the Gal Gadot thing)

I haven't watched the movie yet. Trying to find 4 uninterrupted hours to cut out of my schedule to do it.

WillBrink
04-02-21, 12:24
I dunno man. Not saying Avengers is so great, but Bruce Wayne is a lame, boring, uncharismatic, ghetto version of Tony Stark. Other than WW, SM, and Aquaman, they are just regular people...and even then, without SM they are still kind of garbage (minus the Gal Gadot thing)

I haven't watched the movie yet. Trying to find 4 uninterrupted hours to cut out of my schedule to do it.

I watched in two parts over two nights. I have always found Batman and Stark lame in that they don't have super powers yet hang with those who do. In this version, Snyder does a good job of making it clear Batman is "just" a human being with some mad tech and a lot of $.

End of the day, it's a super hero movie so without suspension of disbelief, can't enjoy them anyway.

For me, can only push that so far before I don't enjoy the movie.

vicious_cb
04-02-21, 15:06
I would highly suggest buying this movie, not because its a must see movie but because it sends a message.

That these "toxic fans" are willing to pay boku bucks to see something that isnt woke garbage.
That we dont want your black superman remake instead we want Super Straight Henry Cavil to keep playing him.

kaiservontexas
04-02-21, 19:41
Okay, I am interested. I honestly thought this was just a money scam. I already own whatever version. I enjoyed it. I was curious about this new version, but was not sure if it would be worth anything. It’ll go into my collection.

Arik
04-02-21, 23:29
May check it out. I've pretty much lost my ability to put aside Hollywood BS to watch their movies. Lately I've been watching older stuff. Old Westerns and silent films. Some good stories. I was surprised.
Today I watched "The General" and "City Lights". Both silent comedies.

Maybe Hollywood wasn't much different back then, I don't know, but it's far enough removed that they're just entertaining movies

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
04-03-21, 05:01
Everytime I think something is a good movie I watch LA Confidential and realize very few movies are better than that one. Heat is of course brilliant, but I've seen it over a 100 times so I don't want to use it as a litmus test anymore.

Ironically got sucked into Beverly Hills Cop and it actually held up better than expected.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-03-21, 05:24
I watched in two parts over two nights. I have always found Batman and Stark lame in that they don't have super powers yet hang with those who do. In this version, Snyder does a good job of making it clear Batman is "just" a human being with some mad tech and a lot of $.

End of the day, it's a super hero movie so without suspension of disbelief, can't enjoy them anyway.

For me, can only push that so far before I don't enjoy the movie.

What movie does this replace? I’m so confused. I watched a “Justice Leauge” a few years ago and it was pretty lame. I started watching this one and it seems totally different..

To me, Batman is one of the most important ‘superheroes’, way more complex than Stark. He and Superman form a binary pair. Nature vs nurture. What is Superman’s obligation to normal people? Why do they both have normal alter egos? DC seems to bake in this duality of man into its characters. What is the limit of each of their authority? The Superman/Batman relationship has never fully or correctly been explored.

Everytime I think something is a good movie I watch LA Confidential and realize very few movies are better than that one. Heat is of course brilliant, but I've seen it over a 100 times so I don't want to use it as a litmus test anymore.

Ironically got sucked into Beverly Hills Cop and it actually held up better than expected.

Ronin

WillBrink
04-03-21, 07:32
What movie does this replace? I’m so confused. I watched a “Justice Leauge” a few years ago and it was pretty lame. I started watching this one and it seems totally different..

Cuz it is totally different. It's the original version as made and intended by Snyder. Idiots in Hollywood didn't like it, brought in another director, and ruined the film in favor of usual PG13 virtue signaling garbage for the masses vs just just making a good movie.

Rifleman_04
04-03-21, 08:39
Cuz it is totally different. It's the original version as made and intended by Snyder. Idiots in Hollywood didn't like it, brought in another director, and ruined the film in favor of usual PG13 virtue signaling garbage for the masses vs just just making a good movie.

Not quite. Zack Snyder’s daughter passed away during production so he was unable to continue work. The studio brought in Joss Whedon to finish it up. Basically just wanted to get the project done so he turned it into crappier version of a marvel movie since that’s what he(Whedon) was working on at the time.

WillBrink
04-03-21, 08:54
Not quite. Zack Snyder’s daughter passed away during production so he was unable to continue work. The studio brought in Joss Whedon to finish it up. Basically just wanted to get the project done so he turned it into crappier version of a marvel movie since that’s what he(Whedon) was working on at the time.

My read is they didn't like his version, there was much friction with his version, and death his daughter had him walk. They would have attempted to continue the tone and the look of the movie with another director vs what was a total revamp if it was simply due to Snyder leaving due to death of his daughter. The internal frictions between Snyder and the suits during filming was well known I recall. If they just wanted to see it done and out the door, they could have done it a lot cheaper and faster than that.
Good read:

"In late 2017—months after the couple cut ties with the superhero epic amid an increasingly demoralizing battle with Warner Bros.—Deborah Snyder sat in a screening room on the studio lot alongside Christopher Nolan, one of the movie’s executive producers, as well as the director of the Dark Knight trilogy. She braced herself as the lights went down. “It was just…it’s a weird experience,” she says now. “I don’t know how many people have that experience. You’ve worked on something for a long time, and then you leave, and then you see what happened to it.”

What happened to Justice League was a crisis of infinite doubt: a team of executives who lost faith in the architect of their faltering comic book movie empire, and a director in the midst of a family tragedy that sapped him of the will to fight. Joss Whedon, a director from another universe, the Marvel Cinematic one, left the Avengers after two movies and crossed over to comics rival DC, picking up Justice League not where Snyder left off, but remaking it significantly with extensive rewrites and hurried reshoots, just as the studio demanded."

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/the-true-story-of-justice-league-snyder-cut

Rifleman_04
04-03-21, 09:18
Interesting. I hadn’t read that and I’ve been following the Snyder cut movement since it was an idea. Doesn’t surprise me though. That makes the waffling the studio execs did so much more delish because after it released and tanked they came out saying they thought the Whedon version was $hit before it released and already wrote it off.

WillBrink
04-03-21, 10:05
Interesting. I hadn’t read that and I’ve been following the Snyder cut movement since it was an idea. Doesn’t surprise me though. That makes the waffling the studio execs did so much more delish because after it released and tanked they came out saying they thought the Whedon version was $hit before it released and already wrote it off.

Things between Snyder and the suits were already in the chitter before the loss of his daughter. Now that they can compare the responses between the Whedon and Snyder's and see which people prefer, it may be the wake up call to the studios they don't have to produce pg13 woke garbage to make $. Lets hope...

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-03-21, 18:24
So how did this Snyder version get made? Did Jesus realize they fudged up and needed to amend for their sins? That will be the first time that ever happened. Does that give any hope to the idea of Star Wars being made right?

vicious_cb
04-03-21, 18:39
So how did this Snyder version get made? Did Jesus realize they fudged up and needed to amend for their sins? That will be the first time that ever happened. Does that give any hope to the idea of Star Wars being made right?

The "toxic fans" cried out for after the dumpster fire of a Whedon cut to release the Snyder cut.

HBOmax as a streaming service is losing horribly to the likes of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney + ect. due to lack of content.

AT&T who owns woke Warner Bros went over their heads and made them release the Snyder Cut to try and get more subscriptions.

Warner Bros wants to kill the Snyder DC universe and replace it with woke garbage like Birds of Prey, WW1984, Black Superman ect. Thus there is now a civil war within Warner Bros that wants make Woke DC movies and the Snyder loyalists who just want to make good movies.

What can you do? Support "toxic fandom" by buying the Snyder cut and avoiding all the woke garbage like WW1984 to show AT&T execs what actually makes them money. Make their woke movies crash and burn so the woke creatives at Warner Bros get fired.

SteyrAUG
04-03-21, 20:23
So where are you guys even seeing this version? It's not on NF.

Firefly
04-03-21, 21:02

You need HBO Max

Scrubber3
04-03-21, 21:36
So where are you guys even seeing this version? It's not on NF.If you have AT&T, you get HBOMax for free btw.

joedirt199
04-03-21, 23:01
Time to get my KODI back up and running. Too many streaming services. Then none of those fools get my money. Bootlegs baby.

SteyrAUG
04-04-21, 00:44
You need HBO Max

My service just STOPPED supporting HBO Max on Tivo. I can't watch movies on a computer.

Firefly
04-04-21, 04:47
It’s supposed to come out on Blu Ray in a few months

Scrubber3
04-04-21, 06:48
My service just STOPPED supporting HBO Max on Tivo. I can't watch movies on a computer.A Tivo? Like a 1999 DVR Tivo? Get a roku. They are cheap and support hbo max.

SteyrAUG
04-04-21, 19:45
A Tivo? Like a 1999 DVR Tivo? Get a roku. They are cheap and support hbo max.

Wanted cable internet so that meant Cable tv which means a DVR tivo. I actually like it because I have a stand alone DVD-R burner so whenever TCM or some channel shows a film that's never been on DVD I can create my own.

Scrubber3
04-05-21, 08:54
Wanted cable internet so that meant Cable tv which means a DVR tivo. I actually like it because I have a stand alone DVD-R burner so whenever TCM or some channel shows a film that's never been on DVD I can create my own.I can get down with that.

Adrenaline_6
04-05-21, 10:23

Get an Android streaming device like a FireTV or even better, a Nvidia Shield, and stream it for free with the CinemaHD app. Just subscribe to a VPN service and subscribe to Real-Debrid to get buffer free links. Cheap. Easy peasy.

Arik
04-05-21, 19:06
My service just STOPPED supporting HBO Max on Tivo. I can't watch movies on a computer.You can connect your computer to the TV!

Firefly
04-05-21, 20:47
Bro. Buy one of these and tell them Firefly sent you.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Integrated-Radeon-DisplayPort-Bluetooth-PB50-BBR008MD/dp/B081B58DY7/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Mini+Computers&qid=1617673102&refinements=p_89%3AAsus&s=pc&sr=1-2&ts_id=13896591011

I have one hooked up to a few tigs of stuff I ripped from my personal stash because I am too lazy to get my fat ass up and look for things.

It’s not hard if you’re a bit tech savvy.

If you just want something that just works get a Roku stick. They are like $40 at Target and can do Netflix and HBO. I just stream now or watch live stuff on my Laptop (a Thinkpad of course).

Like I don’t get to watch TV that much but when I do have downtime, I just wanna see things that I find amusing.

Anything with no commercials or people getting in my face is where I want to be

SteyrAUG
04-05-21, 23:57
You can connect your computer to the TV!

I don't think I can, TV and puter are both older than 10 years. But I also don't want my computer to be connected.

I want my TV to be a TV and my computer to be a computer.

Bro. Buy one of these and tell them Firefly sent you.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Integrated-Radeon-DisplayPort-Bluetooth-PB50-BBR008MD/dp/B081B58DY7/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?c=ts&dchild=1&keywords=Mini+Computers&qid=1617673102&refinements=p_89%3AAsus&s=pc&sr=1-2&ts_id=13896591011

I have one hooked up to a few tigs of stuff I ripped from my personal stash because I am too lazy to get my fat ass up and look for things.

It’s not hard if you’re a bit tech savvy.

If you just want something that just works get a Roku stick. They are like $40 at Target and can do Netflix and HBO. I just stream now or watch live stuff on my Laptop (a Thinkpad of course).

Like I don’t get to watch TV that much but when I do have downtime, I just wanna see things that I find amusing.

Anything with no commercials or people getting in my face is where I want to be

OK, talk to me. What does the box actually do?

Firefly
04-06-21, 08:03
The box is an Asus MiniPC. It’s a really small computer with endless possibilities. Any streaming app you can use on it. It unobtrusively connects to your TV and if you spring for like a 6 to 12 TB SSD you can connect it to your mini PC and watch all your ripped movies.

You would have to put in a little work and such but once you do; it’s hard going back to normie stuff.

I have one just for TV and one as a mini Arch Linux box to go with my Mac Mini.

You don’t really need a fatass computer unless you are playing the latest games.

I push Asus and AMD because screw Intel.

As a brief aside, in the correct Timeline Amiga Computers would rule the world. I hate Windows and I personally hate Bill Gates.

Now CAVEAT, if your computer savvy goes the extent of light browsing and such. The MiniPC may be somewhat frustrating to get right.

Me, I get my rocks off on this sorta thing. So it was fun for me and once I got it situated, it was grand.

There are loads of tutorials out there on setting up a mini pc as a stream box.

But if you don’t feel like bothering just get a Roku

Arik
04-06-21, 09:38
I don't think I can, TV and puter are both older than 10 years. But I also don't want my computer to be connected.

I want my TV to be a TV and my computer to be a computer.

OK, talk to me. What does the box actually do?Honestly I don't know how it's done but a buddy of mine use to do it. He'd use his PC to play video games on his 50 inch tv and to watch dvds, Youtube videos.....etc...

This was probably 10 years ago if not more. Today he does it with childrens shows for his kid. Search the show or on youtube and up it pops on the gigantic tv without having to buy CDs or subscriptions

Firefly
04-06-21, 10:02
If you have HDMI ports then it is relatively easy

crosseyedshooter
04-06-21, 12:49
If you have HDMI ports then it is relatively easy

Or even DVI (from 10 years ago) uses the same video signal as HDMI and can be made compatible with an HDMI-to-DVI cable/adapter. Then you can route your audio separately to your choice of speakers/AV Receiver.

Adrenaline_6
04-07-21, 13:37
Honestly I don't know how it's done but a buddy of mine use to do it. He'd use his PC to play video games on his 50 inch tv and to watch dvds, Youtube videos.....etc...

This was probably 10 years ago if not more. Today he does it with childrens shows for his kid. Search the show or on youtube and up it pops on the gigantic tv without having to buy CDs or subscriptions

Dudes...the AndroidTV boxes I mentioned do the same thing. It has apps you load on it just like your smart phone. The good ones, you have to download through a 3rd party and install differently, but there is an app you get to do that too.A website has step by step video tutorials on how to do everything if you are not technically inclined. It's easy as sh*t.

You subscribe to a streaming service (many available). Install an app for that - put in the login info. Boom. Live TV. For movies and shows the app that does that is free and can be installed through the a 3rd party app that I mentioned. It works from the get go, but most links have buffer problems. You then subscribe to real-debrid, which costs 9 euros for 3 months , put the login info into the app and BAM, almost anything you want. Most new stuff in 4K even.

It's simple. If you need help, I can direct you or guide you on how to do it. The Nvidia Shield has aGPU in it and you can play all your Steam or Uplay games through it too.