PDA

View Full Version : Best Legitimate Insurance for Gun collection

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-05-21, 17:20
Hey guys,

My collection has outgrown my old policy and they are a serious PITA to deal with. Does anyone have any solid recommendations for an insurance company for gun collections?

ABNAK
04-05-21, 17:39
Collectibles Insurance. Have used them for several years now.

It was $207 for one year to insure up to $22K, so maybe about 1% it'll cost you (I have NRA and homeowners for the rest).

Oh, no serial numbers needed either.

Uni-Vibe
04-05-21, 17:42
I insure my meagre gun collection by keeping a carbine loaded and ready.

I was about to say it's cheaper than conventional insurance, but with ammo a dollar a shot . . .

Defaultmp3
04-05-21, 18:31

I was about to say it's cheaper than conventional insurance, but with ammo a dollar a shot . . .Kinda hard to shoot out a fire, though.

I use Eastern Insurance. IIRC, my annual cost is 205 USD for 70k USD of coverage, with a deductible of 250 USD; this includes an NRA discount. This covers not just the firearms themselves, but the accessories on it, such as optics, lights, lasers, etc., and also associated gear, such as plate carriers, armor, helmet, NODs, mag pouches, knives, etc., and even ammo (to a certain value, anyway, couple thousand USD, IIRC, after that you need to add a rider). I did not need to send in any serial numbers or send any pictures.

JoshNC
04-05-21, 18:51
PM sent.

JoshNC
04-05-21, 18:52
Kinda hard to shoot out a fire, though.

I use Eastern Insurance. IIRC, my annual cost is 205 USD for 70k USD of coverage, with a deductible of 250 USD; this includes an NRA discount. This covers not just the firearms themselves, but the accessories on it, such as optics, lights, lasers, etc., and also associated gear, such as plate carriers, armor, helmet, NODs, mag pouches, knives, etc., and even ammo (to a certain value, anyway, couple thousand USD, IIRC, after that you need to add a rider). I did not need to send in any serial numbers or send any pictures.

Eastern has the best coverage and most reasonable policies in my experience. Jack (RIP) was awesome. Laura has been great too.

JoshNC
04-05-21, 18:53

I was about to say it's cheaper than conventional insurance, but with ammo a dollar a shot . . .

So you don’t take vacations, go out to eat, or have any risk of fire, water, or other natural disaster?

grizzman
04-05-21, 18:55
I also use Collectibles Insurance. It's much simpler to use (and less expensive) than the American Family policy I had before.

C-grunt
04-05-21, 18:56
Mine is covered under my umbrella policy through Farm Bureau.

Sam
04-05-21, 19:27
Eastern has the best coverage and most reasonable policies in my experience. Jack (RIP) was awesome. Laura has been great too.

This x 1000

Artos
04-06-21, 17:16
Eastern is what led the pack when this was brought up on a hunting forum I frequent.

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms

gaijin
04-06-21, 18:33
Large, fireproof gun safe paid for itself with rider I’d pay through our Homeowners Ins. in 3 years.
I never bothered shopping insurance, I needed another safe anyhow.

JoshNC
04-06-21, 20:56
Large, fireproof gun safe paid for itself with rider I’d pay through our Homeowners Ins. in 3 years.
I never bothered shopping insurance, I needed another safe anyhow.

First it’s not fire proof. It offers limited protection for a certain amount of time. And your firearms will likely still rust and corrode. A fire resistant safe is but one part of the equation. As is an alarm, and persec, and keeping your safe out of general visibility. Insurance is the final piece.

Pachucko
04-06-21, 21:28
Who has filed a claim with Collectibles or Eastern? I saw on another forum where a theft claim from the NRA provider was settled quickly and easily. I have had that one, but I’m due to renew, so looking around.

Thanks....P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigereye
08-18-21, 08:44
Thanks to you guys who recommended Eastern Insurance. Laura was great and the policy was half the cost of Collectibles. Thanks again