PDA

View Full Version : Time to call your senators & reps, prep your Federal Register comments

glocktogo
04-08-21, 10:13
Imagine Republicans nominating a NRA expert to be BATFE Director. Think the Dems would cry foul?

https://giffords.org/people/david-chipman/

I've already called my 2 Senators and will be following up with emails. We can't let this guy control the keys to that much power. He would be the absolute worst enemy to head BATFE, for those who cherish the 2nd & 4th Amendments. :mad:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/413619-retired-atf-agent-says-ar-15-rifles-should-be-regulated-like-machine-guns

https://clarion.causeaction.com/2021/04/08/biden-atf-nominee-pushed-bogus-claims-about-waco-siege-to-make-case-for-assault-weapon-ban/

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2020/04/david-chipman-gun-owners-zombies/

https://onlygunsandmoney.com/2021/04/07/david-chipman-as-head-of-atf-wtf.html

If you look up pusillanimous pinhead, this guy's picture should be front and center.

Further, Biden is having the DoJ publish proposed rules in the Federal Register to make most likely make 80% frames (or kits) Title 1 firearms, braced pistols SBR's and push "model" red flag laws in all 50 states. You know those won't include proper Due Process or 4th Amendment protections. :mad:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announce-executive-actions-combat-193245633-011159995.html

utahjeepr
04-08-21, 16:50
I have sent my objections to Senators Lee and Romney. Both to the nomination of David Chipman and to all proposed legislation infringing upon my rights. I figure it's gonna be a split. Lee believes in the Constitution, Romney not so much. I hope mittens surprises me, but he's pretty anti gun.

ETA: Post up when you send comms to your Congress critters! Let's make this the longest thread on the board.

Sam
04-08-21, 16:52
What if you two senators are communists?

Red*Lion
04-08-21, 17:10
I have sent my objections to Senators Lee and Romney. Both to the nomination of David Chipman and to all proposed legislation infringing upon my rights. I figure it's gonna be a split. Lee believes in the Constitution, Romney not so much. I hope mittens surprises me, but he's pretty anti gun.

ETA: Post up when you send comms to your Congress critters! Let's make this the longest thread on the board.

Lee a rino and big bobo for the Chamber of Commerce. He is willing to sacrifice the Constitution for those two higher callings. Both of my Senators are garbage.

Det-Sog
04-08-21, 17:14
Both of my Senators are garbage.

One of my senators is sleeping with Gabby Giffords and just ran for office to promote her agenda, while the other is outright anti 2nd for just about everything except for single shot bunny-guns. Wanna trade?

Red*Lion
04-08-21, 17:23
One of my senators is sleeping with Gabby Giffords and just ran for office to promote her agenda, while the other is outright anti 2nd for just about everything except for single shot bunny-guns. Wanna trade?

I live in MN, so I think that you do not want to trade.

titsonritz
04-08-21, 17:30
I would achieve about that same as pissing in the wind.

Diamondback
04-08-21, 17:39

Good question... go for the Left Flank and say Chipman isn't radical ENOUGH? My two are Patty bin Murray and Maria "Dot-Communist" Cantwell, two especially nasty cases of (translated typical response) "Eff you stupid prole, I know best."

Firefly
04-08-21, 17:42

Call anyways. Screw em

just a scout
04-08-21, 17:51

[emoji1787]

I have Durbin and Duckworth. I’m sure that’ll work out fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tgizzard
04-08-21, 18:00

Exactly. The only thing that would probably come of me contacting my state’s senators would be me getting put on a list. Hard pass. They won’t listen to any of their right of center constituents anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel556
04-08-21, 18:42
Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth. She actually emailed me back once to tell me how with her military background she knew that no citizens should own suppressors because they increase the danger of a firearm and are so effective you can’t even hear the gunshot. I have no comments about my man Dick.

Firefly
04-08-21, 18:50
Dick Durbin and Tammy Duckworth. She actually emailed me back once to tell me how with her military background she knew that no citizens should own suppressors because they increase the danger of a firearm and are so effective you can’t even hear the gunshot. I have no comments about my man Dick.

The Eternal “Military Background”...

That can be anything from stocking shelves to packing parachutes to changing tires to mopping floors. Even if Audie Murphy, Alvin York, and Carlos Hathcock told me suppressors were bad and hurt Baby Jesus’ feelings; they would still be told to get fvcked.

300 blk suppressor hunting is good for you.

ETA apparently she flew Crashhawks and got RPGed. While my heart goes out to her for getting grounded the hard way she can still get fvcked

Diamondback
04-08-21, 19:01

That can be anything from stocking shelves to packing parachutes to changing tires to mopping floors. Even if Audie Murphy, Alvin York, and Carlos Hathcock told me suppressors were bad and hurt Baby Jesus’ feelings; they would still be told to get fvcked.

ETA apparently she flew Crashhawks and got RPGed. While my heart goes out to her for getting grounded the hard way she can still get fvcked

Cue the "MUH WAWR HEE-ROW! HOW DARE YOU EVER CRITICIZE ANY VETERAN!" brigade in 5... 4... 3...

Firefly
04-08-21, 19:05
Cue the "MUH WAWR HEE-ROW! HOW DARE YOU EVER CRITICIZE ANY VETERAN!" brigade in 5... 4... 3...

And then they can get tossed as well.

The “Grimes” guy from BHD was a war hero and he is a convicted Chomo. Same with the Poleese that MOOOSTASHE” guy from Generation Kill.

Even Hitler won the Iron Cross.

This ain’t a Tom Clancy novel. I don’t care if someone has fitty dead Zips killt.

Protect my Gun Rights or get F—-ed

Diamondback
04-08-21, 19:22
And then they can get tossed as well.

The “Grimes” guy from BHD was a war hero and he is a convicted Chomo. Same with the Poleese that MOOOSTASHE” guy from Generation Kill.

Even Hitler won the Iron Cross.

This ain’t a Tom Clancy novel. I don’t care if someone has fitty dead Zips killt.

Protect my Gun Rights or get F—-ed

One of the hardest days for me as a kid was the day it became official that Duke Cunningham had gone from the fighter ace that was one of my boyhood heroes to a sell-out disgrace to his former uniform... it softened the blow with Pappy Boyington that by the time I was born he had admitted his wrongs and was started trying to make right for them, maybe because Grandpa had the chance to tell both the good and the bad.

I still think Larry Craig's fall from grace wasn't so much his trawling for gay sex in airport bathrooms as that he dared defy the Uniparty Establishment by spiking his own bill once they poison-pilled it.

just a scout
04-08-21, 19:54

I’ve talked with guys from her unit. They uniformly said she was a mediocre pilot and a mediocre officer. Apparently she got hit because she was out of her maneuver box and the area hadn’t been cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Straight Shooter
04-08-21, 20:23
Question: On this, or ANY subject..has anyone, anywhere..EVER got a Congressman or Senator to completely change their mind and vote the way someone who wrote a letter or contacted them asked them to? These people state their ideology when campaigning..and we vote accordingly. Ive not ever heard of them changing any view over calls, emails or letters.

glocktogo
04-08-21, 22:08
Question: On this, or ANY subject..has anyone, anywhere..EVER got a Congressman or Senator to completely change their mind and vote the way someone who wrote a letter or contacted them asked them to? These people state their ideology when campaigning..and we vote accordingly. Ive not ever heard of them changing any view over calls, emails or letters.

It’s less about changing minds and more about accountability. I’m 95% certain my senators (Inhofe and Langford) will oppose these things. But it does hurt when they get on the mic and legit say “my constituents overwhelmingly oppose these unconstitutional measures and bad appointees.”

If your pols are antis, then you get them on record as hating the Constitution and use that fact to get them fired. Only in very rare cases where your pols are witchy washy fence sitters might you get somewhere, and even then it will probably boil down to favors in exchange for their votes.

Honu
04-09-21, 02:45
Senator or congress secretary
Delete
Delete
Delete
Delete

OR they just go to that never ending never heard never respond do not care voicemail that people think someone really listens to !

The_War_Wagon
04-09-21, 06:05
Imagine Republicans nominating a NRA expert to be BATFE Director. Think the Dems would cry foul?

IMAGINE SlowJoe, nominating a NON-'tard, to ANY position?! :eek:

utahjeepr
04-09-21, 07:59
Do they care what YOU say, hell no. The arrogant SOBs think THEY know it all.

But their staff does track comms. If they see enough response, they'll get nervous. Obama wanted huge gun control moves, but a nervous congress told him to stick it, even though they wanted the same things. Never forget, what they want more than anything else is to keep their cushy, cash cow, jobs.

VLODPG
04-09-21, 18:43

You mean like the the scumbags from CT Blumenthal & Murphy

Ready.Fire.Aim
04-09-21, 20:52
Thanks for the heads up. I contacted Tx Senator John Cornyn, he’s been wishy washy on further restrictions.

No worries about Senator Cruz.

Firefly
04-09-21, 20:58
Even IF your Senators are hardcore communists; you STILL need to be heard

Core781
05-16-21, 23:18
Military background means zippo. Sadly the one thing it means is they understand the severity of their actions when they violate their oath to the constitution.

Grand58742
05-24-21, 06:42
Don't want to start a new thread, but sometimes calling our Reps and whatnot is meaningless when they are &^#%ing morons...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ca-lawmaker-mocked-after-after-finding-semi-automatic-glock-packaging-bb-gun

A California lawmaker demonstrated why liberals are totally unqualified to opine on the 2nd Amendment, much craft legislation restricting citizens' rights.

In a now-deleted tweet, California Assemblyman David Chiu dramatically posted: "Finding the discarded packaging of a semi-automatic on a leisurely weekend walk was disturbing, particularly during this month's surge of gun violence in San Francisco."

Except... if David had maybe looked at the packaging, he would have noticed it's for a .177 caliber C02 powered BB gun.

The "Glock" in question?

https://cms.zerohedge.com/s3/files/inline-images/glock%2021.png?itok=qihVpoAY

HKGuns
05-24-21, 06:56
Calling your Representative is about as useful as &%$#ing into a hurricane. Save your dimes and buy ammo instead.

Firefly
05-24-21, 08:05
Calling your Representative is about as useful as &%$#ing into a hurricane. Save your dimes and buy ammo instead.

You’re not wrong

Gabriel556
05-24-21, 08:36
I got a reply from Duckworth on Friday. Typical form letter. This is what it said. I responded below as well but I doubt she even reads any of these. I tried calling but obviously had to leave a message and no call back for months now.

“Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun ownership. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, thousands of Americans lose their lives annually from incidents involving firearms. Too many of our friends and family members fall victim to gun violence and it is time for commonsense legislation that prevents gun deaths. As a combat Veteran who grew up in a family of marksmen, I believe our Nation can do more to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, while protecting Second Amendment rights.

Part of honoring those rights requires our Nation to establish reasonable rules that enable responsible owners to purchase firearms legally, while keeping firearms away from dangerous individuals. We must keep firearms out of the hands of those who have a prior criminal record or mental health issue by completing rigorous background checks for every gun purchase, enhancing licensing and registration requirements and improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Our own streets should not be more deadly than war zones. We cannot continue to stand by and abdicate our responsibilities to the very communities that depend on us. Congress can act, as it has in the past, to protect our communities from gun violence. For example, last Congress I joined Republican Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania to help introduce the NICS Denial Notification Act. Our bipartisan bill would require Federal officials to notify local law enforcement within 24 hours when individuals who are prohibited from buying firearms attempt to purchase one. Please be assured that I will continue to work in the United States Senate to make sure that we are doing everything in our power to keep our neighborhoods are safe from gun violence.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely, Tammy Duckworth”

And my reply, which sorry if I wasn’t 100% correct:
“With all due respect Ms. Duckworth, historically speaking registration leads to further infringement on rights. Nazi Germany knew where to find Jews that had firearms because of their requirement to register. Pol Pot was able to commit Genocide because the French had required registration then confiscated weapons from Cambodians leaving them defenseless. I could continue by referencing Mao, Stalin, or even back to the Roman Empire. History shows, criminals don’t care about laws, if they did, we would not have crime. All these actions that President Biden and many gun control advocates are striving for are only going to make it difficult for law abiding citizens to lawfully own and use firearms. Look at Chicago crime. Additionally, if you are truly concerned about thousands of Americans killed by firearms, that figure includes suicide. Those individuals likely would succeed regardless of whether it was a firearm, pills, or even a vehicle. Please, consider the second amendment sacred.

Let’s take a look at real killers of Americans. Obesity and associated health issues, we have a chance to change our children’s future by advocating for proper nutrition and physical education in our schools, teaching our kids to look at morals and understand that life isn’t easy, you have to work hard at it to be successful. When we start with this, we will make our children healthier, harder workers, and more mentally prepared to make a positive difference in our country.

Nick”

Core781
05-24-21, 13:24
Don't want to start a new thread, but sometimes calling our Reps and whatnot is meaningless when they are &^#%ing morons...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/ca-lawmaker-mocked-after-after-finding-semi-automatic-glock-packaging-bb-gun

The "Glock" in question?

Ifs never useless. They will not fight a battle when they know their constituents will raid their offices with bullhorns and march armed in the streets outside their homes. BLM and Antifa has proven this to be an effective model. When this war goes hot, we will win but it wont be easy to root out the commies and anarchists.

titsonritz
05-24-21, 14:14

The "Glock" in question?

But stepping over used needles, condoms, discarded CV-19 masks and human filth is perfectly acceptable.