PDA

View Full Version : How are "Assembled in USA" series of Romeo RDS fairing nowadays? (4T, 8T)

FlyingChipmunk
04-18-21, 20:47
Just wondering. I'm on the verge of Buying T2, but looking at 4T as well.

InRangeTV seems to look at both 4T and 8T favorably.

hypno02
04-23-21, 15:38
I have a 4m that's still going strong 4yrs later. Assembled in USA confirmed.

Optic was on an AK that flew off the front of my 4wheeler at about 20mph and the elevation cap had a direct hit on a large rock. Completely smashed the "tab" on the cap used to adjust the turret.

Held Zero. I was impressed.

WS6
04-26-21, 22:21
I don't see why except to save money or just be different. Aimpoint T series is proven.

Tokarev
04-27-21, 05:18
The Aimpoint T2 is certainly a vetted product and one worth buying if you have the money. With that said you'll likely be fine with the 4T.

Customs and Border Protection has a large number of 4M and 4T in service. FBI is using a 4T type as well.

4M was pretty decent but the T does seem a bit better. Slightly more durable finish, more selectable reticle options and a better mount.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nocalsocal
04-27-21, 09:43
I have no regrets on the 4T I bought. It doesn’t have the track record of an Aimpoint but it has really clear glass, waterproof, different reticles, astigmatism friendly (at least for me), crazy battery life, 7075 body and a solid mount. So far I haven’t experienced any downsides.
I tried to justify getting an Aimpoint but I realized battles have been fought and won with a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mysteryman
04-28-21, 15:09
I don't see why except to save money or just be different. Aimpoint T series is proven.

Agreed. Don't buy Chinese if you have the option.

Tokarev
04-28-21, 16:12
Hilton Yam is using a Holosun and gives some reasons why:

https://youtu.be/5KnwLqgbaFo

Also note the Holosun LAD.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk