PDA

View Full Version : Florida's anti-rioting bill

ChattanoogaPhil
04-20-21, 07:31
It's about time government stands on the side of the law-abiding citizen... thump.

---------------

DeSantis signs Florida's 'anti-riot' bill into law

The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. The legislation increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot and adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets.

The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest. It also increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments and creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

Republicans say the bill would protect law enforcement officers and help prevent public disorder following recent unrest in the U.S.

Civil rights, social justice groups, and Democrats say it is an unconstitutional attack on free speech that would make it easier for law enforcement to charge those involved in a protest.

More here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signs-floridas-anti-riot-bill-into-law

Circle_10
04-20-21, 07:57
I’d like to see some states alter their laws to allow for the use of deadly force in defense of property during civil unrest. Not necessarily so people can just cap anyone stealing a TV. Rather so people trying to defend their businesses or other property from being destroyed or burnt to the ground don’t have to be quite so hobbled by fears of legal repercussions, which might lead them to hesitate to respond until the attack has already escalated to the point where it’s a lost cause.
Being a citizen defending what’s yours during these riot situations can be risky on multiple levels.
I don’t think people should have to decide between avoiding prison but losing everything they have and protecting their livelihood but potentially going to prison because some activist DA wants to make an example of them.

Uni-Vibe
04-20-21, 08:18
Will that law be enforced when conservatives riot?

AndyLate
04-20-21, 08:25

You must be thinking of that one day this century? The day a couple windows were broken and a Cop had a stroke?

Andy

tgizzard
04-20-21, 08:48
Democrats will hate this bill .... until they’re in charge. I’m always leery of this type of legislation as it can be used by whoever is in power to silence dissent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ABNAK
04-20-21, 08:57
Democrats will hate this bill .... until they’re in charge. I’m always leery of this type of legislation as it can be used by whoever is in power to silence dissent.

No it's an anti-asshole law. You DO NOT have a right to block traffic and threaten/intimidate drivers. If it has been a properly permitted peaceful demonstration and roads have been blocked off officially, then traffic can be redirected around it. There should NEVER be a permitted "protest" in residential neighborhoods, only public areas like a town square or such.

tgizzard
04-20-21, 09:23
No it's an anti-asshole law. You DO NOT have a right to block traffic and threaten/intimidate drivers. If it has been a properly permitted peaceful demonstration and roads have been blocked off officially, then traffic can be redirected around it. There should NEVER be a permitted "protest" in residential neighborhoods, only public areas like a town square or such.

I’m on your side. My point is I don’t need a law to give me permission to preserve my life and property, that’s a natural right. These types of laws have a habit of turning into slippery slopes and eventually used by less than scrupulous individuals in power to club their opponents. Hopefully i’m wrong.

docsherm
04-20-21, 10:04

I thought that they only had insurrections according to you libtards ............. :rolleyes:

Firefly
04-20-21, 10:18
It’s sad. When I finally start appreciating life; everybody else in the world has lost tthe taste for theirs.

Covid vaccines that can kill you
Daily killings
Excuses to kill others over what is cosmically a humbug.

Damn you all. God damn every one of you.
Why not when I didn’t care? Why now when I actually have something to look forward to?

utahjeepr
04-20-21, 10:47
It’s sad. When I finally start appreciating life; everybody else in the world has lost tthe taste for theirs.

Daily killings

Why not when I didn’t care? Why now when I actually have something to look forward to?

"Lighten up Francis!":o

Honu
04-20-21, 11:51

I will pray for you :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-20-21, 12:19

One time, just one time. This is like a guy who has been whoring and screwing everything in town for decades complaining that his wife kissed another girl, once- and now it is all he can talk about.

Arik
04-20-21, 12:32
Will that law be enforced when conservatives riot?Probably will. How about will the laws be enforced when leftists riot? So far there's been a steady precedent of letting out leftists without bond and before court hearings. A year's worth of this but apparently that doesn't matter.

We can go back further 1971 weather underground LEFTIST group explode a BOMB in the CAPITAL. That's ok though. They just got pardoned for that. 2020.... people who WALKED into the CAPITAL are facing 40 years in prison.

Let me know when laws are enforced

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

ABNAK
04-20-21, 14:31
I’m on your side. My point is I don’t need a law to give me permission to preserve my life and property, that’s a natural right. These types of laws have a habit of turning into slippery slopes and eventually used by less than scrupulous individuals in power to club their opponents. Hopefully i’m wrong.

Yeah, I figured that and I didn't mean it to sound otherwise! But it is nice to have it encoded into law to prevent your life being ruined for preserving life and property.

AndyLate
04-20-21, 14:40

I agree 100%. More laws = less freedom.

Andy

turnburglar
04-20-21, 16:40

That's the universe being a harsh cold mistress that she is.

jsbhike
04-20-21, 17:06
The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest.

That sounds like the federal and most state laws "against" firearms confiscation during disasters after Hurricane Katrina.

Stealing firearms wasn't legal before Katrina either, but no one wants to treat certain criminals like criminals.

ABNAK
04-20-21, 17:07
I agree 100%. More laws = less freedom.

While I don't disagree with the premise of that argument, this is one law that I would applaud. Up until this point some libtard DA could ruin your life because you refused to be blockaded in by thugs. Now you can proceed on with your business that day. Maybe (just maybe) this will let idiot thugs in Florida know that they can't do at least some of the shit they've done before.

I'm thinking about looking into getting a similar effort started here in Tennessee.

lowprone
04-20-21, 17:11

Daily killings

Why not when I didn’t care? Why now when I actually have something to look forward to?...................................................................................................

Bless your heart !!!

Coal Dragger
04-20-21, 17:14

Daily killings

Well man sorry you’re feeling down. Maybe it’s time for a permanent change of scenery? Move somewhere good and properly rural? I know at least one former Georgia State Trooper who retired to Wyoming, he said he’s way way way happier.

Go practice your calling and craft someplace most folks don’t automatically hate you.

SteyrAUG
04-20-21, 18:51
It's about time government stands on the side of the law-abiding citizen... thump.

---------------

DeSantis signs Florida's 'anti-riot' bill into law

The law, which goes into effect immediately, grants civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road and allows authorities to hold arrested demonstrators from posting bail until after their first court date. The legislation increases the charge for battery on a police officer during a riot and adds language that could force local governments to justify a reduction in law enforcement budgets.

The bill allows people to sue local governments over personal or property damages if they were determined to have interfered with law enforcement response during civil unrest. It also increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments and creates a new crime, "mob intimidation."

Republicans say the bill would protect law enforcement officers and help prevent public disorder following recent unrest in the U.S.

Civil rights, social justice groups, and Democrats say it is an unconstitutional attack on free speech that would make it easier for law enforcement to charge those involved in a protest.

More here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signs-floridas-anti-riot-bill-into-law

LOL. Attacking people and destruction of property are not free speech. Free speech and redress of government is still protected. Otherwise the DC event was nothing more than "free speech" and the CPD killed a military veteran while she was engaged in free speech. Can't have that shit both ways.

Seems like DeSantis is really coming through on lots of good stuff.

DG23
04-20-21, 20:07
I will pray for you :)

How he has not been banned from here LONG ago is beyond me.

Firefly
04-20-21, 20:39
How he has not been banned from here LONG ago is beyond me.

Honestly I don’t want him banned. It’s refreshing. That’s the downfall of Barfcom. Everybody is a Republican NPC. I have some fairly extreme political leanings and while I think Uni-Vibe is totally wrong about everything in life; I am glad he’s at least willing to say something different.

It’s the same old “let’s just vote Republican” schtick that got us where we are.

I’m a tormented and obsessed outcast living on the fringes of society with predilections arcane and unsound. I like what I like. I recall Voltaire saying something about this.

There’s more afoot here than just agreeing all the time.

More Laws are horrible and give the government more legitimacy to tread and meddle. Using our anger and polarity is how we got stuck woth the societal venereal disease that is the Patriot Act

Honu
04-20-21, 21:24
Never mind :)

SteyrAUG
04-20-21, 21:29
Honestly I don’t want him banned. It’s refreshing. That’s the downfall of Barfcom. Everybody is a Republican NPC. I have some fairly extreme political leanings and while I think Uni-Vibe is totally wrong about everything in life; I am glad he’s at least willing to say something different.

It’s the same old “let’s just vote Republican” schtick that got us where we are.

I’m a tormented and obsessed outcast living on the fringes of society with predilections arcane and unsound. I like what I like. I recall Voltaire saying something about this.

More Laws are horrible and give the government more legitimacy to tread and meddle. Using our anger and polarity is how we got stuck woth the societal venereal disease that is the Patriot Act

Actually I agree with Uni-Vibe on lots of stuff, I just don't believe we had an insurrection or whatever he believes actually happened.

utahjeepr
04-20-21, 22:11

Well based on the past year, that will be the ONLY way it gets applied. Murder and mayhem by left wing terrorists is all "peace and harmony".

SteyrAUG
04-21-21, 00:47
Well based on the past year, that will be the ONLY way it gets applied. Murder and mayhem by left wing terrorists is all "peace and harmony".

Or as the Seattle mayor described it, a second "summer of love."

Firefly
04-21-21, 04:33
Or as the Seattle mayor described it, a second "summer of love."

....until they went to her house. Then they had to shut it down with a vengeance.

Uni-Vibe
04-21-21, 14:53
Actually I agree with Uni-Vibe on lots of stuff, I just don't believe we had an insurrection or whatever he believes actually happened.

The Vibe might sound malarkey at first, but if you stay with him, he starts to make sense.

And I'll freely grant that Steyr's far from an irredeemable troglodyte.

And Firefly has a big point; even if people are dead wrong, they should be kept around for honing one's arguments and general intellectual stimulation

AndyLate
04-21-21, 15:03
The Vibe might sound malarkey at first, but if you stay with him, he starts to make sense.

And I'll freely grant that Steyr's far from an irredeemable troglodyte.

And Firefly has a big point; even if people are dead wrong, they should be kept around for honing one's arguments and general intellectual stimulation

If what you (or most anyone) posts gets on my nerves too much, then I put you on ignore for a while. Sometimes a little time and (virtual) space makes a difference.

juliet9
04-22-21, 07:19
I am gonna net it out for you fellows, this coming from a 4th gen Florida Cracker.

First and foremost, the influx of Yankees coming to my state and goat ****ing it is the real problem. A good portion of those folks have no manners, are hypocrites (leftists), and have taken advantage of the good nature and easy going lifestyle Floridians have traditionally exemplified. This applies to their first generation children as well, they aren't true Floridians. Watching this go on for decades and decades, leaving NY, Jersey, Penn, Conn, Delaware, etc. for several reasons, but often because they want to enjoy what we offer, the lifestyle, yet when they get here, they are determined to change it to be like where they left! WTF? Plus, most of them bring their leftist/commie idealoly with them. If I had my druthers, I would send the vast majority of them back.

I found out and understood exactly how the Hawaiians feel many years ago.

Enough background. I witnessed some of this "protest" bullshit, and it was a joke. You did not see nearly as much down here as you did in other places, but we were exposed to the nonsense nonetheless. Most of these ass bandits wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds back in the day blocking traffic, interfering with folks dinners, screaming and yelling at business patrons, looting, and burning. You ask why? They would have gotten a quick lesson in Southern hospitality and manners, they would get an ass kicking, pronto. We didn't **** around back in the day. These pussies with the backpacks, masks, bullhorns, tie-dye shirts, you know the drill. No self respecting and true Floridian would participate in something so egregious that was even quasi-violent. Sadly, you see now that the folks who retaliate and maybe are even defending themselves from assault are the folks that get arrested, not the perps.

I generally don't like more laws either, and this is of course a mixed bag in some respects, but you can't have these people running amok and destroying private property with the police having one hand tied behind their back. Understand, what is going on is already illegal on so many fronts, but the commie left won't enforce the laws, all with the support of the so called "media". Left wing politicians permit the behavior, feed off people's fear as a tool, and they stoke that fear to get what they want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliDpfKXSIY

Bulletdog
04-22-21, 09:13

Agreed. His comments demonstrate the axiom: "Better to keep your mouth shut, rather than open it and demonstrate to everyone how ignorant you are." If he was silenced, we'd have no one in our echo-chamber here to remind us of how ignorant, insane, delusional, and irrational the behavior of the left has been. Know your enemy...

Firefly
04-22-21, 09:17
Agreed. His comments demonstrate the axiom: "Better to keep your mouth shut, rather than open it and demonstrate to everyone how ignorant you are." If he was silenced, we'd have no one in our echo-chamber here to remind us of how ignorant, insane, delusional, and irrational the behavior of the left has been. Know your enemy...

He’s really not always wrong. That was just me taking some piss. I don’t even think he’s a Leftist.

Man I personally want to be a Liberal so bad. A big campfire of music, food, mulatto butts, and peace like Woodstock but for straight people. But sadly it simply isn’t going to ever happen so I am a cold, heartless Arch-Conservative.

Bulletdog
04-22-21, 10:02
He’s really not always wrong. That was just me taking some piss. I don’t even think he’s a Leftist.

Man I personally want to be a Liberal so bad. A big campfire of music, food, mulatto butts, and peace like Woodstock but for straight people. But sadly it simply isn’t going to ever happen so I am a cold, heartless Arch-Conservative.

"Everyone starts out as a liberal. Then, when they start working for a living, they quickly adopt conservative values. They want to keep what they work so hard to earn." Quote from a wise man I know.

It ain't cold and heartless to want what's fair. To want to be responsible, and have others also be responsible. To earn your way, carry your own weight, and expect others to to the same and want to do the same. As one notable, horrendous, evil, leftist once said: "Always do the right thing", as he continually promotes and does the wrong things.

utahjeepr
04-22-21, 10:27
I'm afraid it's too little, too late. This really doesn't mean much. They don't prosecute the rioters, looters, and arsonists. They are happy to ignore (and occasionally condone) murders and all manner of violence. WTF makes you think this will change squat. It is simply some virtue signaling by douchebags that want to keep your vote. When push comes to shove they'll sell you out. Again.

The left has played the class/race warfare program for so long that I really fear there ain't no coming back. There are literally millions of people out there that honestly believe, with all their heart and soul, that they deserve everything in life that YOUR money can buy. Hood rats that couldn't pick their own daddy out of a lineup think the horrors inflicted on some distant ancestor they can't even name entitle them to the fruits of YOUR labors.

The feds have blown over 5 Trillion in Covid "relief", much of it pork. That's on top of nearly 5 trillion "normal" annual spending. They want to throw trillions more on the stack just this year, with tens of trillions more in promises. More than 28 trillion in raw debt, we are closing in on 150 trillion if you count unfunded liabilities. "Taxing the rich" ain't gonna get it. If you took everything the top one percent owns that's 4.5T. The total value of assets for every single American family is 130T. We owe more than we can possibly pay off and they wanna double the budget at a minimum.

Think those facts mean anything to those filth in the streets? Nope, all they can say is "GIMME MO!"

Uni-Vibe
04-22-21, 18:58
"Everyone starts out as a liberal. Then, when they start working for a living, they quickly adopt conservative values. They want to keep what they work so hard to earn." Quote from a wise man I know.

It ain't cold and heartless to want what's fair. To want to be responsible, and have others also be responsible. To earn your way, carry your own weight, and expect others to to the same and want to do the same. As one notable, horrendous, evil, leftist once said: "Always do the right thing", as he continually promotes and does the wrong things.

Maybe.

But some people who work understand that since 1981, all the gains in the economy have gone to the top 0.5%, and they're just running on somebody else's treadmill.

juliet9
04-23-21, 07:17
Maybe.

But some people who work understand that since 1981, all the gains in the economy have gone to the top 0.5%, and they're just running on somebody else's treadmill.

Source?

What are or constitutes "all the gains"?

In what segment(s) of the economy?

AndyLate
04-23-21, 08:27
UniVibe should be ecstatic, the Dems are doing their damndest to ensure we are living like its 1981 in Russia.

Andy

Firefly
04-23-21, 09:08
He’s not wrong. You’re simply not getting the wealth you should be as your dollar gets ever more devalued.

This Plandemic has made some big business for the Oligarchs.

Diamondback
04-23-21, 09:15
The feds have blown over 5 Trillion in Covid "relief", much of it pork. That's on top of nearly 5 trillion "normal" annual spending. They want to throw trillions more on the stack just this year, with tens of trillions more in promises. More than 28 trillion in raw debt, we are closing in on 150 trillion if you count unfunded liabilities. "Taxing the rich" ain't gonna get it. If you took everything the top one percent owns that's 4.5T. The total value of assets for every single American family is 130T. We owe more than we can possibly pay off and they wanna double the budget at a minimum.

Think those facts mean anything to those filth in the streets? Nope, all they can say is "GIMME MO!"

Scary is I'm probably one of the younger guys here and I remember within my lifetime when the entire national debt was only in the SINGLE DIGIT trillions...

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-21, 09:22
I refuse to get schooled about income any quality from the very same people that keep on importing poor people in this country. You can complain about incoming equality, poor schools, free medical care, all the nice things- or you can advocate for effectively open borders. Now I know the business side has a interest in cheap labor also, but as we’ve seen recently big business shift to the mobocracy of the Democratic Party are now on the same side.

That the top half percent are different top half percent from 1981 is something that is lost on people to. And that’s not just a generational shift, although age drives wealth in our society also.

The issue is that we are being taxed and regulated into a slow to no growth economy. Add in global trade issues. The tech sector can boom only because the regulators can’t figure out a way to screw it up fast enough.

Firefly
04-23-21, 09:24
We simply need to kill all the bankers and lawyers and call in our debts.

Uni-Vibe
04-23-21, 09:25
Scary is I'm probably one of the younger guys here and I remember within my lifetime when the entire national debt was only in the SINGLE DIGIT trillions...

And I'm old enough to remember a time (pre Reagan) when rich people paid taxes. The economy did just fine and there was more equality of wealth distribution (for whites anyway).

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-21, 09:35

To me the amazing thing is the metric ass load of money you need to make to live a 1980s or a 1950s type lifestyle. A nice house, good schools for your kids, a car that makes you a little proud to own.

Between the wife and I and our 21 years of higher education and 20+ years of climbing our way up in the middle management, we met with the financial guys last week and they told us we done good. But we still can’t find the house we want here in Denver. If you want a cabin on the lake up in the mountains it’s 1.5 million ante- $3m for what you really want. (I’m more fishing/boating than skiing). That’s bat-crap crazy. And to be perfectly honest the lakes here suck.

Firefly
04-23-21, 09:41
It’s all part of the plan. They want everybody to live in Eastern Bloc style hovels. The boring, white guy suburban life is now a luxury.

What you used to be able to achieve with a high school diploma and a trade now requires a lot of money.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-21, 09:42
And I'm old enough to remember a time (pre Reagan) when rich people paid taxes. The economy did just fine and there was more equality of wealth distribution (for whites anyway).

Pre-globalization. The rich still pay all the taxes. The dirty little secret that nobody wants to talk about is this socialist utopia that the left wants can’t be funded on the backs of the rich. You’ve got to bring the mindnumbing middle class tax rates from Europe over here to make it even possibly work. The rich have money, but they don’t have AOC dream plan money. And frankly even taxing the middle class won’t bring enough money, you have to use the time machine money maker to suck future wealth into the present.

All the paper back currencies are dead money walking. It’s not like I’m a gold bug or anything, or some crypto crazy. It’s just the fact that the cost of money is almost nothing, and by that I mean the interest rate. The interest rate tells you the cost of money and it’s near zero or maybe even negative.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-23-21, 09:48

Look, data that says you are completely full of crap.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/historical-shares-federal-tax-liabilities-all-households

It’s all part of the plan. They want everybody to live in Eastern Bloc style hovels. The boring, white guy suburban life is now a luxury.

What you used to be able to achieve with a high school diploma and a trade now requires a lot of money.

And almost ironically it is changing so that the more sure fire route to making money is a high school diploma and a trade. Look at all those idiots out there with crappy college degrees working retail.

AndyLate
04-23-21, 09:55
He’s not wrong. You’re simply not getting the wealth you should be as your dollar gets ever more devalued.

This Plandemic has made some big business for the Oligarchs.

You know our poor have big screen TVs and smart phones, right?

The problem is that all we do is buy crap. Dont think about the future, dont save up for something that will last for years - just buy the cheapest, newest, biggest bauble and buy it on credit if you can.

I had a meeting with a retirement planner the other day. I have some concerns but she was practically jumping for joy at my portfolio. She said people put in the minimum to get company matching at best and want to retire with $100 K of savings. I bet they have lots of cool toys though.

You are right about the plandemic - from the taxpayer right into Jeff Bezos and other's deep pockets.

jsbhike
04-23-21, 10:02
Source?

What are or constitutes "all the gains"?

In what segment(s) of the economy?

No reason to doubt it. A few years prior to the 2008 meltdown the top 27 Japanese auto executives aggregate salary was the equivalent of the top 9(both are +/- 1...been a few years) US auto execs. At the time, Japanese auto sales were killing US brands and a few years later GM received heavy subsidies before anyone claims free market driven.

utahjeepr
04-23-21, 10:59
The top 1% make 21% of the income in the US. They pay 38.5% of the income taxes. Top 5% = 36.5% of income 59% of taxes. Top 10% = 48% of income 70% of taxes.

FWIW, it is total bullshit that a HS grad can't make it today. I have nothing but a HS diploma and I am in that top 10%. Start in my trade today no degree no experience and you will be right around the top 50%, and should break into the top 25% fairly easily within 10 years.

Skills pay the bills. I had a female, ex-con (violent felony), HS educated, hard worker that applied herself on my crew. In about 6 years she went from a temp service flagger to pipe crew foreman, and into that top 25%.

Cry me a river!

Uni-Vibe
04-23-21, 11:02
No reason to doubt it. A few years prior to the h2008 meltdown the top 27 Japanese auto executives aggregate salary was the equivalent of the top 9(both are +/- 1...been a few years) US auto execs. At the time, Japanese auto sales were killing US brands and a few years later GM received heavy subsidies before anyone claims free market driven.

Indeed. Between 0800 and 0810, on January 2 of any year, GM CEO earns what the line workers make all year.

During Toyota's salad days their CEO made about 17x the worker's salary, if I recall correctly.

AndyLate
04-23-21, 11:28
Indeed. Between 0800 and 0810, on January 2 of any year, GM CEO earns what the line workers make all year.

And Jeff Beezos made more money while he washed his nuts in the shower this morning than you and I will make in a lifetime.

There is one GM CEO. Spread his yearly earnings across all the people who make money from GM and what would they have? Enough for a cup of coffee in a year?

Im a heck of a lot more concerned about the bite taxes take out of my pocket than how much my CEO makes.

Andy

NickySantoro
04-23-21, 11:45

Conservatives don't riot, they demonstrate as peaceably as possible, AH.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-23-21, 12:07
And Jeff Beezos made more money while he washed his nuts in the shower this morning than you and I will make in a lifetime.

There is one GM CEO. Spread his yearly earnings across all the people who make money from GM and what would they have? Enough for a cup of coffee in a year?

Im a heck of a lot more concerned about the bite taxes take out of my pocket than how much my CEO makes.

Andy

Exactly. Including base pay, bonus, stock awards and options... all total $21M for Ms Barra during fiscal 2019. There were 164,000 GM employees during the period. $128 per year per GM employee, or $2.46 per week. About the price of a to-go coffee at Waffle House.

docsherm
04-24-21, 10:09
Simple fact: If you complain about how much money others make then you will always be a looser.

I do not care what others make. I have been making a lot more money every year after year. I DO care about how my taxes keep increasing disproportionately to my income to pay for the SH!T stains that complain about other making too much because their lazy and stupid a$$ is barley able to function without massive GOV support.

Work smart, invest in yourself and you are limitless in the possibilities. Of you think that you are going to get rich being a cop or a truck driver or if you change careers every year, then there is no helping you. So feel free to complain all you want.

JoshNC
04-24-21, 11:14
I think this law is a good thing. It should not be necessary, as the rule of already codified law should protect individuals from such fu$kery already. It’s crazy that this law even needed to be passed at all. Rioting, arson, looting, and physical violence are not “protests”, mostly peaceful, or an exercise of free speech no matter how much spin the marxist left puts on it. That behavior should be squashed with severe consequences.

Firefly
04-24-21, 12:03
I just want to keep what I earn even if children in Africa must starve for me to do so.

Also define “rich”. I have been in LE my entire adult life except for being a Computer Programmer for a brief spell in the super late 90s. You can very much make fat stacks. Especially if you work where nobody else wants to go, do crazy overtime, do private security, and don’t buy dumb shit.

I mean sometimes when I get depressed; I roll around naked on a bed full of SR-25s HKs and Colts. Plus investments. No child support. No rent. No lease. Company car so I save gas. Etc etc.

I just want to kill all the bankers and lawyers because they are standing in the way of progress.

Plus the Job Security. I was driving a new car and had play money when people were looking for executive jobs at insurance companies back in 2008. And I am in a position where I have twenty somethings to handle things I don’t wish to be bothered with. I can literally hide out in my office all day between Court or Zoom if I so choose.

So I must laugh at the flex

https://media.tenor.com/images/3e72626819c0759822d3705473ceec39/tenor.gif

docsherm
04-25-21, 13:03
I just want to keep what I earn even if children in Africa must starve for me to do so.

Also define “rich”. I have been in LE my entire adult life except for being a Computer Programmer for a brief spell in the super late 90s. You can very much make fat stacks. Especially if you work where nobody else wants to go, do crazy overtime, do private security, and don’t buy dumb shit.

I mean sometimes when I get depressed; I roll around naked on a bed full of SR-25s HKs and Colts. Plus investments. No child support. No rent. No lease. Company car so I save gas. Etc etc.

I just want to kill all the bankers and lawyers because they are standing in the way of progress.

Plus the Job Security. I was driving a new car and had play money when people were looking for executive jobs at insurance companies back in 2008. And I am in a position where I have twenty somethings to handle things I don’t wish to be bothered with. I can literally hide out in my office all day between Court or Zoom if I so choose.

So I must laugh at the flex

https://media.tenor.com/images/3e72626819c0759822d3705473ceec39/tenor.gif

No Flex.....Just Fact. Not starting with anything and working to buy everything you want on your own is awesome. You cannot do that unless you have upward mobility and do not settle (or just sit around and complain about others having what you can't).

So what progress are the bankers and lawyers standing in the way of? Diversity loans? :rolleyes:

The_War_Wagon
04-25-21, 13:50

I'm pretty sure it was Wilson, FDR, Truman & Kennedy (to lesser extents), LBJ, Jimmah Catah, KLIN - TON I, $#!+bama, and now SlowJoe, who have brought our society to its present state of devolution FASTER, than the “let’s just vote Republican” schtick.

jsbhike
04-25-21, 13:52
So what progress are the bankers and lawyers standing in the way of?

You mentioned opposition to taxation and those 2 groups are heavily represented in the concocting and absorbing of taxes.

docsherm
04-25-21, 14:01
You mentioned opposition to taxation and those 2 groups are heavily represented in the concocting and absorbing of taxes.

More so then the FSA and the Socialist? I do not think so.

Diamondback
04-25-21, 14:19
I'm pretty sure it was Wilson, FDR, Truman & Kennedy (to lesser extents), LBJ, Jimmah Catah, KLIN - TON I, $#!+bama, and now SlowJoe, who have brought our society to its present state of devolution FASTER, than the “let’s just vote Republican” schtick.

Democrats are Full Throttle down the Highway to Hell, Establishment Republicans are Five Under in Slow Lane on the same road, Tea Party/Trump Wing/small-l libertarians are "Where's the next offramp that we can get off this damn road, we don't wanna go where it's going?!"

jsbhike
04-25-21, 14:19
More so then the FSA and the Socialist? I do not think so.

The FSA really didn't start till the 1930's.

The bankers and lawyers had been doing it decades before then, maybe all the way back to day 1. They have gobbling it up ever since with bailouts just being a larger than normal windfall for them.

The stereotypical crack whore component of the FSA isn't a scenario where the tax goes from your account to theirs, lots and lots of bankers and lawyers acting as middlemen and they definitely take their cuts off the top.

As far as socialists(Marxists, communists, Maoists, and other variants) go, they are heavily represented in banking, legal, financial, industrial, and every other field near the top. Sounds odd in a way, but they are at the top and an actual free market would mean they likely wouldn't get to stay there, at least not on the terms they like.

Firefly
04-25-21, 14:38
No Flex.....Just Fact. Not starting with anything and working to buy everything you want on your own is awesome. You cannot do that unless you have upward mobility and do not settle (or just sit around and complain about others having what you can't).

So what progress are the bankers and lawyers standing in the way of? Diversity loans? :rolleyes:

A truly free society has no middle men. These are middle men. I mean, you are siding with lawyers and bankers. See, it all goes to the concept of Economic Chaos Theory. You should know by know, of all people, that despite my personality quirks; I’m not stupid.

Ever since the 1600s there has been systemic usury and it only got easier as everything matriculated from the Gold Standards. Credit only extends as far as the lender allows. And you’re all stuck in the credit matrix. As soon as you were issued a social security number you were cashed into a convoluted Ponzi scheme that depends wholly on money the actual US Government cannot rightly claim. Therefore you get taxed. And progressively and within a bracket. It’s a defacto Social Ranking.

And everything is dumped in legalese. The only way to be free is to go back to the old ways. To do that you must destroy the money lenders, the shelters, and those who offer protection.

I mean it’s why Jesus went in the temple with a whip.

I mean think of Death Tax, Inheritance Tax, Estate Tax. These people are involving themselves into your life and you have been conditioned to block it out as normal.

It’s why they fear Crypto currency. Because they have no way of inviting themselves or subverting it

You all decided that I was crazy. Well, so far everything has come to pass. I foresee another manufactured nosedive to keep the class war alive.

The key has always been American self reliance and isolationism.

The Stimulus will ultimately bankrupt us all. Hope you didn’t keep it in a bank if you got it. Hope you bought ammo.

We haven’t been solvent for over a decade. What’s your solution?

I mean Venezuela went from making money to the elites having to become prostitutes to eat.

Once you go Socialist; it is almost impossible to recover. And every Banker and Lawyer I ever met required a functional contrat social to do anything.

Roll your eyes... But let’s see what it’s like in 5 years.

Firefly
04-25-21, 14:42

“We been up that Hill ten times and they still don’t think we’re serious”

Uni-Vibe
04-25-21, 16:15
A truly free society has no middle men. These are mikddle men. I mean, you are siding with lawyers and bankers. See, it all goes to the concept of Economic Chaos Theory. You should know by know, of all people, that despite my personality quirks; I’m not stupid.

Ever since the 1600s there has been systemic usury and it only got easier as everything matriculated from the Gold Standards. Credit only extends as far as the lender allows. And you’re all stuck in the credit matrix. As soon as you were issued a social security number you were cashed into a convoluted Ponzi scheme that depends wholly on money the actual US Government cannot rightly claim. Therefore you get taxed. And progressively and within a bracket. It’s a defacto Social Ranking.

And everything is dumped in legalese. The only way to be free is to go back to the old ways. To do that you must destroy the money lenders, the shelters, and those who offer protection.

I mean it’s why Jesus went in the temple with a whip.

I mean think of Death Tax, Inheritance Tax, Estate Tax. These people are involving themselves into your life and you have been conditioned to block it out as normal.

It’s why they fear Crypto currency. Because they have no way of inviting themselves or subverting it

You all decided that I was crazy. Well, so far everything has come to pass. I foresee another manufactured nosedive to keep the class war alive.

The key has always been American self reliance and isolationism.

The Stimulus will ultimately bankrupt us all. Hope you didn’t keep it in a bank if you got it. Hope you bought ammo.

We haven’t been solvent for over a decade. What’s your solution?

I mean Venezuela went from making money to the elites having to become prostitutes to eat.

Once you go Socialist; it is almost impossible to recover. And every Banker and Lawyer I ever met required a functional contrat social to do anything.

Roll your eyes... But let’s see what it’s like in 5 years.

A primitive hunting and gathering society had no middlemen. If you want civilization, You need middlemen. Like bankers and lawyers and traders and shippers and insurance and currency exchange and business associations and everything else.

When the italian renaissance invented business as we know it, in the 1400s, they understood all this. In the 21st century conservatives have been taught to forget it.

The_War_Wagon
04-25-21, 17:37
“We been up that Hill ten times and they still don’t think we’re serious”

I'd take 4 terms of Hoover, over one term of FDR ANY time.