PDA

View Full Version : Mosul (2019)

vicious_cb
04-21-21, 03:46
If you are looking for a good war movie than dont look to Hollywood. This is a no BS action flick about killing ISIS and the general suck of war without any woke garbage like Michelle Rodriguez as some badass medic/intel chick who can shoot just as good as the boys or the characters getting ordered around by from some female officer who is so much smarter than everyone else.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f0/Mosul_%282019_drama_film%29.jpg/220px-Mosul_%282019_drama_film%29.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaw6zQggdb0&t

Firefly
04-21-21, 04:48
I actually saw this and it was okay I guess but Michelle Rodriguez actually can kick somebody ass for real though.

Her and Gina Carano are the only ones I take seriously. Just saying. And Gal Gadot because she killed fitty Palestinians.

But everybody else is lame.

SteyrAUG
04-21-21, 04:56
Saw it, thought it was decent.

Whatsername made films like Sicario a lot less realistic, could have been better otherwise. Michelle Rodriguez made zombie movies fer chrissakes.

I dug the first few seasons of Strike Back because when females did shit it was believable and bad guys were also demonstrating training and talent.

Firefly
04-21-21, 05:06
I loved Strike Back until they got the new people then it got lame.

Actually Sicario was brilliant. They used fed girl as a total crash dunny

chuckman
04-21-21, 07:34
I was in Mosul before Mosul was cool. Mostly army guys, but we had some Marines and Canadians there, too.

I might have to check it out.

TBAR_94
04-21-21, 07:46
It was a good watch. Some standard movie gotchas, but for a shoot ‘em up, good guys whack bad guys Saturday night watch, I liked it. The shots of the city captured the essence of what Mosul looked like near the end. And the PMF cameo was definitely accurate.

Averageman
04-21-21, 10:45
I watched it.
Good Movie.

Uni-Vibe
04-21-21, 10:56
What we need is a realistic film about the Battle of Fallujah.

Reading accounts of that, I don't know how anybody survived it.

chuckman
04-21-21, 11:47
What we need is a realistic film about the Battle of Fallujah.

Reading accounts of that, I don't know how anybody survived it.

The second battle, not the first. That would be....awesome!

Jellybean
04-21-21, 12:03
I actually saw this and it was okay I guess but Michelle Rodriguez actually can kick somebody ass for real though.

Her and Gina Carano are the only ones I take seriously. Just saying. And Gal Gadot because she killed fitty Palestinians..
Yeah, but M-Rod is annoying AF. Seriously, it's a whole vibe she has, just... uggggggggh. :rolleyes:
Didn't like her back in the 'fast and furious' days, and no film I've seen with her in it has changed my mind.

I dug the first few seasons of Strike Back because when females did shit it was believable and bad guys were also demonstrating training and talent.
Yup. We shall not see its like again.
Plus, "Richmond" was kinda adorable and "Colonel Grant" was totally milfy. Yeah I said it, fight me. :laugh:

..........Actually Sicario was brilliant. They used fed girl as a total crash dunny
It's weird how many comments I see on that film totally whiff on the whole point of it. Peepl is dum.

Firefly
04-21-21, 12:19
I like to pretend Michelle Rodriguez’s character in Resident Evil is the same one from SWAT. I don’t know why. I just do.

04-21-21, 12:23
Yeah, but M-Rod is annoying AF. Seriously, it's a whole vibe she has, just... uggggggggh. :rolleyes:
Didn't like her back in the 'fast and furious' days, and no film I've seen with her in it has changed my mind.

Concur

lowprone
04-21-21, 13:55
Apparently A Rod had enough of her ass also .

ABNAK
04-21-21, 13:56
I'd rather not watch an entire movie in subtitles (yeah, lazy I know).

utahjeepr
04-21-21, 14:34
I'd rather not watch an entire movie in subtitles (yeah, lazy I know).

I can't explain why, but after the first few minutes I don't even consciously read the subtitles. It just kinda fades away and the dialogue just "translates" in my head.

SteyrAUG
04-21-21, 17:38
Yup. We shall not see its like again.
Plus, "Richmond" was kinda adorable and "Colonel Grant" was totally milfy. Yeah I said it, fight me. :laugh:

Richmond was totally hot, the one time she went operator and landed on the beach and stripped down to the black bikini, I was so totally in.

Grant would be good to go, just need some latex gear and I'm in.

Of course the hottest one was the psych eval chick Grant used to investigate Scott.

WillieThom
04-21-21, 18:06

Yup.

Her intro in The Fast and the Furious (2001, the only “good” one...) when she gets out of her car and her stupid flame boots and that dumbass look on her face.... punchable.

JediGuy
04-21-21, 18:24
I’m just here to say Mosul was good.

Firefly
04-21-21, 18:34
I feel like now that M Rod should have been in Mosul.

Like with an East German AK and a Shemagh and Marine Desert Camo.

Uni-Vibe
04-21-21, 19:03
I dunno . . . I'd chase Michelle.

vicious_cb
04-21-21, 19:22
I feel like now that M Rod should have been in Mosul.

Like with an East German AK and a Shemagh and Marine Desert Camo.

Or an ISIS sex slave...

Firefly
04-21-21, 19:25
I dunno . . . I'd chase Michelle.

I feel like in all seriousness that she would eventually get annoying if you actually lived with her but she would haunt your dreams.

She was in lesbians with Kristanna Loken.

https://virota.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/michelle-rodriguez-kristanna-loken-11.jpg

So you know she’s crazy. And you know you are probably gonna regret it later but you just gotta go for it. Because if you don’t it will be a lost moment.

I mean.... I think I speak for everybody here when I say they need to Snyder Cut Michelle into Mosul now

Jellybean
04-22-21, 02:04
Of course the hottest one was the psych eval chick Grant used to investigate Scott.

Ah yes, "pouty smoker chick". Oof. :o
Although, the Russian/Georgian[?] girl they picked up on that one op was pretty great too.
You know what... there were a lot of hot wimmin in that show... almost like it was planned or something... :laugh:

Also, I admit I was super miffed at what happened with Richmond in the end.

....Grant would be good to go, just need some latex gear and I'm in.
:laugh:
"Scott" made a comment almost to that exact effect in on of the episodes.
I hate latex though, so I'd be out on that angle.

I can't explain why, but after the first few minutes I don't even consciously read the subtitles. It just kinda fades away and the dialogue just "translates" in my head.
Same. Although, to be fair, it also kinda depends on the movie/show and how they do the subtitles; if the text font is bad/too small, or if it jumps around all over the screen (like John Wick) then it just gets tedious.
But most of the time, I hardly notice. Like, I'll get up to get a drink or something and then realize "oh right...that's not in English, I have to watch the words".
Frankly, I'd rather have subs than a poorly done over-dub.

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-22-21, 18:28
I enjoyed it a few months ago when I saw it.

Firefly
04-22-21, 19:00
Richmond was a bloody brilliant character.

The whole series she’s just some random army girl in the background, not saying much, doing army intel stuff. Occasionally she grabs a Vz 58 and slots terries and maybe says one or two words.

And yet at the end, you never forget her.

They don’t have the courage to do another character like that

Five_Point_Five_Six
04-22-21, 19:15
Richmond was a bloody brilliant character.

The whole series she’s just some random army girl in the background, not saying much, doing army intel stuff. Occasionally she grabs a Vz 58 and slots terries and maybe says one or two words.

And yet at the end, you never forget her.

They don’t have the courage to do another character like that

Preach. She never tried to steal the spotlight. She didn't need to be the star. Homegirl just kept it ten toes down for the whole ride.

The new cast was awful. They tried to make the small chick with the angry lesbian hairdo that was always yelling during firefights as important as the two main dudes but it didn't work.

If that show was made today they'd have screwed up Richmond's character.