PDA

View Full Version : Critique My Guns

Olympus
04-22-21, 13:12
Hey everyone, just looking for some constructive criticism on my current guns and also if there are any gaps for certain configurations that I might need to add. All guns have slings not pictured.

Top is a registered SBR, 10.5” what I call the “No BS Blaster”. Basic irons and Aero Precision carry handle. I probably have the most fun shooting this gun.

Second is also a registered SBR, 10.5” with Sig Romeo optic, basic mbus, Inforce WML, CMC trigger, etc. Kind of the more modern version of the SBR above it. This probably gets shot the most. This gun is consecutively serial numbered to the gun below it.

Third is a basic 16” recce-type build. Has a Burris Tac30 1-4x, CMC trigger, anti walk pins, etc. This was my first AR so probably the most outdated in terms of accessories. Handguard is pre-Mlok so I do think I’d like to swap out for an Mlok handguard. This one gets shot probably the least.

Fourth is a 20” basic M16A2/A3 build with a Colt carry handle. I have no idea why I built this gun, but I do get a lot of enjoyment shooting it. Something about it being different and that rifle has system is fun for a change.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210422/17f19e7482edb3b413e651bb6629ca37.jpg

Spooky1
04-22-21, 14:23
I am in no position to critique your AR's, I just wanted to say nice collection and I like them all.
👍

ViniVidivici
04-22-21, 14:46
Send them all to me, lemme wring 'em out, I'll give you a valid assessment then.

Hank6046
04-22-21, 14:51
Weapon lights and slings, also make sure you've got loctite on those Burris mount screws

Firefly
04-22-21, 15:27
I only like the A4 clone and the brown SBR.

Your A4 clone needs to be an A1, however

JiminAZ
04-22-21, 16:14
Those SBRs cry out for suppressors

Pappabear
04-22-21, 16:21
Do they all run great?? Any issues other than you want feedback. If they run and shoot well, your GTG.

As a general rule of thumb, since I run suppressed, I use Vltor A5 buffer system. and I like Geissele SSA triggers. You didn't mention what barrels? thats a big deal.

Good luck.

PB

Olympus
04-22-21, 16:48
Do they all run great?? Any issues other than you want feedback. If they run and shoot well, your GTG.

As a general rule of thumb, since I run suppressed, I use Vltor A5 buffer system. and I like Geissele SSA triggers. You didn't mention what barrels? thats a big deal.

Good luck.

PB

Yep, all run great. The SBRs all have H2 or H3 buffers, can’t remember. Also they all 4 have different barrels. I’ve got it written down somewhere. The 10.5” barrels are nothing exotic though.

NoveskeFan
04-22-21, 16:57
Hey everyone, just looking for some constructive criticism on my current guns and also if there are any gaps for certain configurations that I might need to add. All guns have slings not pictured.

Top is a registered SBR, 10.5” what I call the “No BS Blaster”. Basic irons and Aero Precision carry handle. I probably have the most fun shooting this gun.

Second is also a registered SBR, 10.5” with Sig Romeo optic, basic mbus, Inforce WML, CMC trigger, etc. Kind of the more modern version of the SBR above it. This probably gets shot the most. This gun is consecutively serial numbered to the gun below it.

Third is a basic 16” recce-type build. Has a Burris Tac30 1-4x, CMC trigger, anti walk pins, etc. This was my first AR so probably the most outdated in terms of accessories. Handguard is pre-Mlok so I do think I’d like to swap out for an Mlok handguard. This one gets shot probably the least.

Fourth is a 20” basic M16A2/A3 build with a Colt carry handle. I have no idea why I built this gun, but I do get a lot of enjoyment shooting it. Something about it being different and that rifle has system is fun for a change.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210422/17f19e7482edb3b413e651bb6629ca37.jpg

Nice collection. Only thing I'd say is maybe try a 11.5 or 12.5 upper on one of your SBR's.

Olympus
04-22-21, 17:05
Weapon lights and slings, also make sure you've got loctite on those Burris mount screws

Got slings for all, but only have one with a light. Probably a good idea to add a few more.

Olympus
04-22-21, 17:06
Nice collection. Only thing I'd say is maybe try a 11.5 or 12.5 upper on one of your SBR's.

I was thinking maybe a 11.5 pistol before the ban?

opngrnd
04-22-21, 19:13
Nice! Just something about the 20" that sits right for me for fun range days.

04-22-21, 20:47
I don’t know what you use ‘em for but I won’t consider a long gun without a light for anything more than plinking.

04-22-21, 20:47
I don’t know what you use ‘em for but I won’t consider a long gun without a light for anything more than plinking.

04-22-21, 20:51
Nice collection!

tehpwnag3
04-22-21, 23:20
I'm old school at heart, and those carry handles just have that classic look I'm so fond of. But, regardless, I'm chopping those down and adding quality red dots, or selling the CH's outright and adding rear flips. Or, if you might think an EMP will destroy society, throw them in a drawer for later use.

I assume the red dot SBR is your go-to for home defense? If I am right, and if it were mine, I would put a different trigger in that. Also, I would have to think that Inforce gets pretty baked after a few mags. Another inch of barrel would help that.

If that Burris can be comfortably moved forward, I would add offset irons or RDS. I would also add some sort of rail covers to protect my hand from heat. After 2 or 3 quick mags, you'll be running that thing like an MP5.

I do have a 20" with front/rear fixed irons, but it wears an Aimpoint Pro in a LaRue cantilever mount. It's furnished with a Magpul fixed rifle stock and Magpul M-lok handguard to allow more modern sling attachments in addition to a weapon light. Like you, I'm not exactly sure why I built this rifle, but it shoots smooth and has that classic yet updated look and feel. Honestly, though, it sits in the back of my safe. It's pretty heavy and the stock not being adjustable just plain sucks if I'm wearing body armor. My dad loved it.

I cannot tell what brand of charging handles you have, or where your preferred sling attachment points are. For me, these things are important. Agree with others about getting more weapon lights if any of those will be pressed into serious use.

Off topic. Not sure what you mean about getting a pistol before the ban. IMO, if they ban the brace a lot of us will either get a stamp or go rogue. I guess it depends what legislation they propose (and pass).

Stickman
04-23-21, 11:38
No way to give constructive criticism without knowing the make up of the weapons.

Are they all home builds? If so, how many rounds through them and what are the failure points? If the guns run great, but you only have 27 rounds through them, you don’t have enough to really know anything about them.

If they are all cheap components, you may luck out or you may find problems surfacing down the road. If they are all quality parts, but not properly assembled, you may have issues down the road.

How much have you used that light in that configuration? How many on off drills have you run either live or dry fire? You may find that your finger placement under stress is not optimal on that sort of actuator, especially with the MBUS right behind it.

The list goes on and on, but aside from saying they look nice (which is arbitrary) it’s kinda hard to give you feedback that matters.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-23-21, 11:45
I am a believer in quality gear or no gear at all. As such, I find your choice of optics and weapon lights to be lacking. If I were you, I'd upgrade the lights to Modlites, the micro to a T2 in a quality mount, and the LPVO to a Vortex PST 1-6.

This isn't a knock on you or your finances, just how I feel about my own gear.

Buncheong
04-25-21, 14:00
All very nice, OP.

sw1911
04-26-21, 13:24
Nice size variety.

Warp
04-29-21, 23:25
How many rounds on each? Any stoppage of any kind on any and if so what was changed to remedy?

IF one were so inclined, a lot of money could be spent on WML's and optics for these.

From my perspective I'd be looking to upgrade the WML on #2 and ordering up a compact dedicated 5.56 suppressor for it, with HD/SD as the intended purpose. It seems the closest, but that's just me thinking about myself and my preferences and uses and "what if" those 4 were my only 4. Probalby do a vltor intermediate on that #2 as well

trauma
04-30-21, 01:02
If you like them, you're GTG.

nick84
04-30-21, 20:24
Cool thread. I like the color on your recce build. Beyond that, adequate input about configuration is all over this forum, so I assume that your setups are your preferences. Cheers.