PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the compacts

odugrad
04-23-21, 10:05
So in the next week or so I'll be in the market for a car. I'm looking at compact SUVs for no more than $25K. I'm looking at a Nissan Rogue, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson, and the like.

Anyone have any experience in the compact SUV market?

Thanks!

utahjeepr
04-23-21, 10:18
I don't own, but know people that are very happy with their Subaru Outbacks and Foresters. VW Tiguans as well. Since I don't have knowledge about the cars it don't mean much. The thing is they talk about how much they like their cars in routine conversation.

Grain of salt and all.

WillBrink
04-23-21, 10:27
I have had two VW tiguan's and they are top rated in the compact segment.

Business_Casual
04-23-21, 10:35
I didn’t love the Tiguan we had. The Kia actually felt more refined, I had a rental for about a week.

Arik
04-23-21, 10:39
My sister has the older 2014 Rogue AWD This car has the CVT transmission. She bought it new and now has about 70-75k miles on it. Majority of her driving would be considered city. It's technically not but still stop and go. She drives normally, has maintenance done on time. So far no issues, no check engine lights, no any other lights. We've had some terrible winters and she's never had a problem in snow. One year it snowed very heavily starting in the afternoon and by evening it was just a mess with many roads no longer passable. She was coming from work in the evening and had to go up a big hill. Cops were stopping people and turning them around. Unfortunately she had no other way to go so they let her but at her own risk. The Rogue made it up the hill in heavy snow without skipping a beat.

My mom has 2019 Rogue Sport AWD, also CVT.. It's the smaller one since the original Rogue has gotten bigger and closer to the Murano size! It's too new to say anything negative. Has been reliable which is the only thing my mom cares about. I'd say it's underpowered, especially of the line but my mom is 65, she's the one you pass not the one passing you! So it's fine for her. Has all the doodads which she doesn't really care about. I think the only thing she really likes is the backup camera. Handled fine in the snow this winter but there were days when her office was closed due to snow too.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

m1a_scoutguy
04-23-21, 10:47
I Lease & just picked up my 2nd Kia Sportage. So as far as real long-term use over 3 years I can't say but for my use, I am more than pleased with it. I get the AWD cuz I live where it snows and it works good enough with factory tires, I would say if you live in the MTN's or areas where more traction is needed then maybe better tires are needed. I'm 6ft3in and plenty of head/leg/shoulder room for me. Fit & finish is decent & their quality has come up accordingly I feel, is it a car ya want to keep for 10yrs,, maybe yes maybe no. Depending on your needs and long-term use you can always pay more for other vehicles but I guess ya need to determine if ya really need to. Overall I like my KIA Sportage AWD.

odugrad
04-23-21, 11:30
This is great info. Thanks so much!

I had never considered the Subaru. I always thought they were too expensive. I like the looks of the Forester.

One of the features I really want is a CD player. It's been years since I've looked at cars and I'm amazed how few come with CD players anymore.

jmp45
04-23-21, 11:45
We have a loaded 2013 Mitsi Outlander Sport. Nice car but under powered. Navigation plays dvds and cds. USB in the console houses a memory card with music. Much easier than messing with discs. Kids have a Subaru Outback, no problems with it. I don't recall if it has a player.

m1a_scoutguy
04-23-21, 11:45

I had never considered the Subaru. I always thought they were too expensive. I like the looks of the Forester.

One of the features I really want is a CD player. It's been years since I've looked at cars and I'm amazed how few come with CD players anymore.

WOW, if you can find one with a CD player that is a plus! My 2019 & now my 2021 did not have CD players, everything is Bluetooth/phone/Spotify nowadays! If ya need the AWD & plan on keeping it till the doors fall off a Subaru is probably a better pick! They use to have timing belt issues after 100K but I believe the New generation engines have taken care of that issue. He is annoying as hell & funny but pretty knowledgeable, look up Scotty Kilmer on Youtube, tons of good info about new & used cars. https://www.youtube.com/c/ScottyKilmermechanic/videos

Arik
04-23-21, 12:18

One of the features I really want is a CD player. It's been years since I've looked at cars and I'm amazed how few come with CD players anymore.In late 90s it was....wow, I got a CD player! Now it's .....wow, I got a CD player!!!

opngrnd
04-23-21, 12:26
My second hand experience via friends who own Subarus leads me to want one in the future. These same individuals are the ones who can afford most any practical vehicle they want, and would rather put the money into their purchases rather than repairs of their purchases.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
04-23-21, 12:31
At a strange point in my life, I sold my Ram for a Forester and my wife bought a CRV. The Forester left me wholly unimpressed, and offered nothing over the CRV. I sold it a year later for a Tundra and felt much more secure in my manhood.

We sold the CRV for a Nissan Pathfinder, which we find to be a very good SUV for the relatively short size.

WillBrink
04-23-21, 13:05
At a strange point in my life, I sold my Ram for a Forester and my wife bought a CRV. The Forester left me wholly unimpressed, and offered nothing over the CRV. I sold it a year later for a Tundra and felt much more secure in my manhood.

We sold the CRV for a Nissan Pathfinder, which we find to be a very good SUV for the relatively short size.

I had a Forester sport that had 250hp, looked good, and was great in the snow. I really liked that vehicle and in the NE, was great to have all around. But, they stopped offering that model, made them all look like bland mom mobiles, with standard motor poky motor, so I didn't get another when the least was up.

In FL, don't need the AWD so went with 2wd VW.

WillBrink
04-23-21, 13:05

I had a Forester sport that had 250hp, looked good, and was great in the snow. I really liked that vehicle and in the NE, was great to have all around. But, they stopped offering that model, made them all look like bland mom mobiles, with standard motor poky motor, so I didn't get another when the least was up.

In FL, don't need the AWD so went with 2wd VW.

SomeOtherGuy
04-23-21, 13:42
From a perspective of durability and reliability - get a Toyota if at all possible. Far ahead of most others. Consider GM and Ford if not Toyota, their quality has greatly improved and at least they have lots of dealers to use and are typically moderate cost to fix.

Chevy - trucks only - by far the best and most reliable vehicles I've owned, two Suburbans and one 3/4 ton all without any serious issues.

Nissan - generally good vehicles except all seem to have a couple serious defects. I had an Armada that was a brick for 3 months because a 10 cent bolt failed, but it was welded into the hatch and the warranty fix was to replace the hatch. Which was hard to get, and three out of three were damaged on arrival, with the third having little enough damage they just fixed at the dealership. Absolute cluster @#$#.

Honda - flimsy, had three and won't buy any more. Two of three had transmission failures - none of my other vehicles have had transmission issues.

Subaru - people love them, unless they break, friends have told me that they are unusually expensive to fix out of warranty. Initial quality seems comparable to Toyota, which is great.

Korean brands are better than in the past, and I would include Hyundai on your list, but would much rather have a Toyota or GM.

My 2 cents.

Honu
04-23-21, 14:38
Huge VW fan BUT the hyundai these days are some of the most reliable best cars going and when you get inside the layout the drive etc... are also top notch Kia is of course a sister company but I prefer the hyundai looks

Our daily driver is a golf wagen ! I freaking love it for a cheap daily driver
Wife gets about 34MPG I get about 28 as I drive pedal heavy it has the room of a compact suv to haul my gear or whatever we need for daily life I got it for 17k out the door ! And has a 6 year warranty so when my kid takes it over I know I will be OK for a while
Its not as tall but oh well our other was a 2017 4runner which we were daily and the mileage was half and not using the 4x4
So for a daily the wagens are really nice might be something to look into but ya have to like wagens :) hahahahaha

my vote is go drive the hyundai and the VW and get which one ya like

Subaru is a pass they are nice but end up more $$ compared is main reason the base IMHO are a pass

Nissan is a pass they start to rise in cost and toyota is better and once you go toyota vs nissan toyota win and again budget of 25k might as well go a bit above and get the toyota ?

kia is a pass sister company of hyundai but I prefer looks of hyundai

One of my buddies has a hyundai daily and is a huge off road guy we are talking hard core vehicle guy and he has said been one of the most reliable cars he has ever had and same with so many BUT only the more recent ones the old ones NO :) so when hearing folks say hyundai has to be the recent ones !

odugrad
04-23-21, 15:43
My choice initially was for a Honda CRV. I've had a civic (which is what I'm trading in). But they're pretty high priced.

I'll have to look at the Hyundai Tucson. I was also looking at the Kia Sportage. There's just so many choices it's hard to get to the nuts and bolts. I'm looking for most reliable.

C-grunt
04-23-21, 16:26
The CRV and the RAV4 have gotten a little bigger and more expensive lately as both Honda and Toyota now sell a smaller SUV.

My family has a long history with Honda and Toyota and all have been exceptional vehicles. The only exception has been my wife's 2008 Scion Xb. It blew the motor at 7 years, 140k miles due to a known piston ring issue for 2008 and 2009 models. Toyota paid for a full engine and transmission rebuild though.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-23-21, 21:27
The entry level Toyota RAV hybrid MSRP is $28,500. Maybe shave a few bucks off to get a bit closer to your $25k budget.

Not the best time to purchase a new vehicle. Inventory is low.

Wife has been looking at the new Sienna hybrid to replace her 2006 Sienna... only $50,000... yikes!

Arik
04-23-21, 22:02
The entry level Toyota RAV hybrid MSRP is $28,500. Maybe shave a few bucks off to get a bit closer to your $25k budget.

Not the best time to purchase a new vehicle. Inventory is low.

Wife has been looking at the new Sienna hybrid to replace her 2006 Sienna... only $50,000... yikes!Yeah but 19 years from now it'll probably still be $50k! [emoji16]

Tigereye
04-24-21, 08:02
My wife has been driving a Ford Escape for the last 4 years and it's probably one of her favorite vehicles. It was a year old when we got it and have had no issues.
My daughter bought a one year old Toyota Rav4 last year and loves it. No issues with it.
A friend had an Outback for 4 years with no issues and recently bought a new Outback.

pinzgauer
04-24-21, 09:56

All the comments and perception from people that Subarus are expensive then say "get a Toyota or a Honda" have clearly never shopped for them side by side.

I lean Toyota but know full well that not all Toyotas are perfect and they are very expensive for what you get. Especially anything SUVish in nature. In the last decade they've had some powertrains with significant design issues that are notorious. (2007-2010'ish camry, xb, etc)

I love our recent forester, and was able to get a lot more car for the money then I would have been able with similar Toyota or even Nissan. (I initially started looking at rogue all wheel drives). And Subaru was much more willing to deal than local Toyota places were.

One of my sons has a recent Tacoma quad cab TRD 4x4. It's a great truck. If I could buy a 4Runner like the old 4Runners that was based on the same body and interior as the Tacoma I would have been much more interested.

But you get in new 4Runners and they are bloated, heavy, different body, different engine and sucky gas mileage that they have had for 2 decades. Pretty pathetic that my one ton ram 4x4 Cummins can get better fuel mileage towing a 4Runner than the 4Runner gets on its own. At least the new Tacoma 4x4s are getting high twenties and can break 30.

My daily driver now is an FJ cruiser, my wife started driving my Forester. I have a love-hate relationship with the FJ cruiser, it's more of a hobby car for me than anything I would recommend as a daily driver. And I pay $1.5-2k per year in additional fuel costs for that privilege.

The FJ is good off-road, and has some neat capabilities. But it's still a crude and primitive gas hog compared to our Forester or even my son's tacoma. Yet test drive a brand new 4Runner and you find the same crude gas hog as the FJ.

davidjinks
04-24-21, 11:19
We don’t have experience with the ones you listed, however I had a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for 3 years and my wife currently have a RAV4 non-hybrid. We’ve owned a few SUVs throughout the years and these have been the most comfortable and reliable compact SUVs we’ve owned.

I personally didn’t care for the hybrid because of how much driving I was doing on the highway, so it’s hybrid benefits were lost on me. My wife plans on buying another RAV4 and once my lease is up on my Camry I’ll be buying a RAV non hybrid.

We’ve had both vehicles off road and never had a problem with them. The hybrid averaged 35.5 MPG and the non hybrid averages 28(ish) MPG. They have a good amount of room, fold down rear seats, good ground clearance, comfortable to sleep in (especially when your tent is blown apart by a storm while camping). The only maintenance I did on my RAV was tires and oil changes, and my wife’s has been the same.

We had a KIA Sorento that was awesome while it lasted. Once it hit roughly 50K it was downhill from there. The fuel system was for shit and we replaced the transmission 3 times. Other than that, it was a really fun SUV to drive with its flip on the fly 4wd, V6 engine, and awesome handling characteristics.

So in the next week or so I'll be in the market for a car. I'm looking at compact SUVs for no more than $25K. I'm looking at a Nissan Rogue, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson, and the like.

Anyone have any experience in the compact SUV market?

Thanks!

Arik
04-24-21, 12:57
All the comments and perception from people that Subarus are expensive then say "get a Toyota or a Honda" have clearly never shopped for them side by side.

I lean Toyota but know full well that not all Toyotas are perfect and they are very expensive for what you get. Especially anything SUVish in nature. In the last decade they've had some powertrains with significant design issues that are notorious. (2007-2010'ish camry, xb, etc)

I love our recent forester, and was able to get a lot more car for the money then I would have been able with similar Toyota or even Nissan. (I initially started looking at rogue all wheel drives). And Subaru was much more willing to deal than local Toyota places were.

One of my sons has a recent Tacoma quad cab TRD 4x4. It's a great truck. If I could buy a 4Runner like the old 4Runners that was based on the same body and interior as the Tacoma I would have been much more interested.

But you get in new 4Runners and they are bloated, heavy, different body, different engine and sucky gas mileage that they have had for 2 decades. Pretty pathetic that my one ton ram 4x4 Cummins can get better fuel mileage towing a 4Runner than the 4Runner gets on its own. At least the new Tacoma 4x4s are getting high twenties and can break 30.

My daily driver now is an FJ cruiser, my wife started driving my Forester. I have a love-hate relationship with the FJ cruiser, it's more of a hobby car for me than anything I would recommend as a daily driver. And I pay $1.5-2k per year in additional fuel costs for that privilege.

The FJ is good off-road, and has some neat capabilities. But it's still a crude and primitive gas hog compared to our Forester or even my son's tacoma. Yet test drive a brand new 4Runner and you find the same crude gas hog as the FJ.
I get avg 21 in the summer and 18 winter. 07 4Runner. I'm not seeing that big of a difference in filling up price wise over my older Corolla. That car got combined 26mpg. Im not sure what people expect from a 4ltr 4x4 suv without adding all kinds of gizmos like cylinder shut-off and hybrid.

El Vaquero
04-25-21, 02:53
I picked up a used 2019 AWD GMC Terrain last year. I preferred the styling over other compact SUV’s. It rides ok. Interior is good. Safety rating is good. The turbo’d 4cyl is pokey slow though. Which if I pass it down to one of my kids in a few years won’t be a bad thing.

I thought about Subaru but not good bang for the buck.

Check out the compact Mazda SUV. It drives the best. With the Costco Auto Program I could get a reasonably equipped brand new one for around $24k. This was last October.

Lastly, check out Hertz Car Sales. They have pretty good deals on several makes. Many are still under factory warranty.

pinzgauer
04-25-21, 09:26
I get avg 21 in the summer and 18 winter. 07 4Runner. I'm not seeing that big of a difference in filling up price wise over my older Corolla. That car got combined 26mpg. Im not sure what people expect from a 4ltr 4x4 suv without adding all kinds of gizmos like cylinder shut-off and hybrid.

Sent from my moto z4 using TapatalkWhich kindof makes my point: 4runners are still getting fuel mileage that was the norm in early 90s. My 91 explorer 4x4 would consistently get 18ish in town and break 21-22 on the highway. With the cologne 4 liter. Which was about the same my 86 Pathfinder 4X4 got. 30-35 years ago!

I'm not ragging on 4Runners, my 07 FJ cruiser has the same exact powertrain as your 4runner. It's an okay power train. Not bad but also not great. Need premium (most do not know that). OK power, mediocre towing.

And the 2020 4runners are about the same, but are heavier, slower, and are just crude in comparison to even the Tacoma pickup trucks. Literally they are two to three years behind the tacomas and tundras for many features.

Contrast this with what the F-150 has done with powertrains. Or some of the other sport utilities.

There are other things than just fuel mileage that define trucks, but with fuel going up as it is (and will continue) it's going to become a very important attribute.

I drive the FJ cruiser largely to keep miles off my 03 ram cummins quad cab 4x4. I need to make it last as long as we live on property, as I can't get that same config truck anymore. And it would be stupid expensive (literally double) to get close to my current ram configuration. And would still have diesel exhaust fluid, etc. Engines which have big hp numbers on paper at the expense of fuel mileage. And don't really operate that much better in the real world.

Arik
04-25-21, 10:44
Which kindof makes my point: 4runners are still getting fuel mileage that was the norm in early 90s. My 91 explorer 4x4 would consistently get 18ish in town and break 21-22 on the highway. With the cologne 4 liter. Which was about the same my 86 Pathfinder 4X4 got. 30-35 years ago!

I'm not ragging on 4Runners, my 07 FJ cruiser has the same exact powertrain as your 4runner. It's an okay power train. Not bad but also not great. Need premium (most do not know that). OK power, mediocre towing.

And the 2020 4runners are about the same, but are heavier, slower, and are just crude in comparison to even the Tacoma pickup trucks. Literally they are two to three years behind the tacomas and tundras for many features.

Contrast this with what the F-150 has done with powertrains. Or some of the other sport utilities.

There are other things than just fuel mileage that define trucks, but with fuel going up as it is (and will continue) it's going to become a very important attribute.

I drive the FJ cruiser largely to keep miles off my 03 ram cummins quad cab 4x4. I need to make it last as long as we live on property, as I can't get that same config truck anymore. And it would be stupid expensive (literally double) to get close to my current ram configuration. And would still have diesel exhaust fluid, etc. Engines which have big hp numbers on paper at the expense of fuel mileage. And don't really operate that much better in the real world.I generally don't like new trucks or new cars for that matter. Or new tech for that matter. They all look bloated, poofy, and like they came from a Star Wars movie! I love old square bodies. From F350s down to Civics. Design of a brick! [emoji16]!

Gas mileage doesn't really bother me all that much. Having driven small 4cyl cars since 2005 I thought I would have a problem switching to the 4Runner but it's not as bad is I imagined. I was also surprised that those small cars didn't get as good a gas mileage as they make it seem and I don't drive fast or race from light to light. I drive almost 50 miles a day if it's just to work and back. Depending on the price per gallon and my actual driving distance that week I fill up once a week for between $35-45.

My first, and really only, concern is reliability. Everything else I don't care about (within reason). I'd be happy with a 95 F150 or a 2001 Tacoma 2.7. 93 Camry, 2001 Camry, 89 Maxima, Caprice box, 96 Lincoln Town car 2010 Crown Vic! Toyota T100. Early 00 Lexus GX470 early 90s Lexus GS400 It's all old tech that's been proven reliable.

Sorry for the drift OP

If you're looking to lease I don't think you can really go wrong anywhere. You get full coverage for the life of the ownership. If you plan to keep forever then I'd look at warranty options and value. Hyundai and Kia I believe have the best (longest) warranties. Meanwhile Honda and Toyota have the best resale value.

If I were buying for life I'd probably try to avoid CVT. Although they've been getting better. At the very least I'd do a ton of research to make sure

Sam
04-25-21, 11:32
Whatever brand you choose or recommended by people, do your homework. Google "recall on brand xyz year". Look at all the recalls on the candidates. Not just the "carfax" history, carfax doesn't tell you everything about recalls.

We bought a used low miles vehicle based on the first identical model we had. Even the carfax history was spotless. We didn't check the recall. It turned out our vehicle (and 2 million others from this brand and its co-brand) was under the recall, a major recall. Our car died and was out of service a month while the dealer was waiting for a new engine from the manufacturer. Yes, I said new engine. The repair was free and so was the rental car for the month we were waiting for the repair. The manufacturer was great. But the hassle left a bad taste and the vehicle didn't act right even after they replaced the engine. We took it back four times, all four times we were taken care of by the dealer and manufacturer. But we lost confidence in the vehicle and traded it for a different brand. It took me 3 months of research before we settled on the replacement.

Good luck.

Biggy
04-25-21, 12:24
I made enough money on selling 9mm and 5.56 ammo in the last three months, I decided it was time for a new ride. Decided on a 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE Premium trim AWD. I narrowed it down to either a Honda CRV or a RAV4. While I preferred the looks of the RAV4 just a little more than than the CRV, I also wanted an engine with no turbo and no CVT tranny. The RAV4 has an 8 speed automatic tranny and gets 29 mpg.
While the power of the RAV4 and Honda CRV are adequate for most people, you won’t be winning many races with them, but *to me* their 29 mpg more than makes up for it. I have only had it for three weeks, but so far I really like it and have had no issues with it or regrets about my choice. It was the right choice for me.

https://i.imgur.com/QEQhuevl.jpg

just a scout
04-25-21, 14:41
I sat in a Jeep Renegade the other day. I’m a big guy and it felt roomier than my Ram 1500. Kind of like a Tardis, it’s bigger on the inside. I’m actually thinking about getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arik
04-25-21, 18:38
Whatever brand you choose or recommended by people, do your homework. Google "recall on brand xyz year". Look at all the recalls on the candidates. Not just the "carfax" history, carfax doesn't tell you everything about recalls.

We bought a used low miles vehicle based on the first identical model we had. Even the carfax history was spotless. We didn't check the recall. It turned out our vehicle (and 2 million others from this brand and its co-brand) was under the recall, a major recall. Our car died and was out of service a month while the dealer was waiting for a new engine from the manufacturer. Yes, I said new engine. The repair was free and so was the rental car for the month we were waiting for the repair. The manufacturer was great. But the hassle left a bad taste and the vehicle didn't act right even after they replaced the engine. We took it back four times, all four times we were taken care of by the dealer and manufacturer. But we lost confidence in the vehicle and traded it for a different brand. It took me 3 months of research before we settled on the replacement.

Good luck.I'm curious if anyone has had any luck with Carfax? I don't use it but I don't buy cars often enough to care. Most people I know don't necessarily contact the insurance company and without the insurance company carfax is useless

However I've sold cars that had accidents, (where insurance was involved) some several and nothing ever showed up on Carfax. The Corolla I had had 2 accidents and the Solara before that had one from its 1st owner. Neither were on Carfax

everready73
04-25-21, 20:59
When we were looking in this class had it narrowed down to RAV4 and mazda cx-5. Wife test drive both and picked the cx-5.

Has about 50k on it and other than oil changes only replaced tires and rear brakes from what I remember. Nothing major at all.

Girl at work just got the new kia. It looks sharp as well and she said really likes it

grizzlyblake
04-25-21, 21:28
To the comments about the crudeness of the current 4Runners - Yeah, you're right. They're basically the Colt 6920 of the SUV world. Pretty much unchanged drivetrain in the last 20 years, incredibly reliable, 100% built in Japan, and caveman simple. I have a 2014 4Runner Trail. 100k miles and it's as tight and solid as it was the day it rolled off the lot. It's pretty much the last true body on frame, solid rear axle 4x4 SUV. I love mine and I hope they keep making the same model for years to come.

My wife drives a 2012 RAV4 4x4. The last of the real SUV RAV4s with the tire on the back. Hers is the Limited model with heated leather seats and all, and it does great for her doing daily Target runs with my two toddler boys. I think it averages around 22mpg, but it's a nice simple 4x4 little SUV. It has 80k miles and she doesn't put a lot on it so I'm hoping we have a bunch of more years in it.

When the time comes I plan to get another 4Runner for me and another RAV4 for her. The current RAV4s are totally different though, much more modern and efficient.

So, to the OP, I'd go check out Toyota RAV4s. You may as well get a 4x4 (or AWD as they are now) one since they're so fuel efficient now. Just do normal maintenance on it and it'll last a long time. They're not luxury rides, but really none of the compact SUVs are.

Straight Shooter
04-25-21, 22:53
I BEG you- STAY THE F AWAY FROM NISSAN.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-26-21, 06:45

It's been my observation that the most expensive vehicle is the one the buyer isn't satisfied with, and that includes trying to save a few bucks by not getting the vehicle the buyer prefers.

I keep vehicles a long time. Price comparisons among vehicles in the same class isn't much of a criteria for me. When Toyota came out with their first generation Tundra it wouldn't have mattered to me if they were giving away Chevy and Fords for free. 21 years later... I'm still a satisfied owner of my 2000 Tundra. Funny... but I have no interest in the current Tundra. Maybe they'll come out with a new generation that will be more appealing to me. Until then...

Twilk73
04-26-21, 06:53
Toyota, honda, subaru pretty much in that order. Stay away from chevy anything, vw is junk. Unless you're buying new and selling in a few years the first three are the only manufacturers I recommend for long term.

I work on all brand cars, take what I say however you want.