PDA

View Full Version : Italian hospital employee accused of skipping work for 15 years

Slater
04-24-21, 16:16
Nice work if you can get it :D

"The employee was a civil servant, and was assigned to a job in the hospital in 2005. It was at this point he stopped going into work, the police said.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56822571

Co-gnARR
04-24-21, 16:37
Nice work if you can get it :D

"The employee was a civil servant, and was assigned to a job in the hospital in 2005. It was at this point he stopped going into work, the police said.

The police have also accused him of threatening his manager to stop her from filing a disciplinary report against him.

That manager later retired, police added, and his ongoing absence was never noticed by her successor or human resources."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56822571

There was something similar with a city employee in San Francisco. Guy was a low level janitor who managed to log enough hours to rake in over $200k/year for several years. The guy would do his shift, hop on a train when the next shift came in like he was going home. Instead, he had places to sleep, watch TV, whatever, and no one paid attention to his time card for several years. I think it was some outside audit that flagged the high salary that finally brought his fraud to light. Not sure what, if any, punitive actions he faced since several levels of oversight had to answer for this.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-24-21, 17:58
There was something similar with a city employee in San Francisco. Guy was a low level janitor who managed to log enough hours to rake in over $200k/year for several years. The guy would do his shift, hop on a train when the next shift came in like he was going home. Instead, he had places to sleep, watch TV, whatever, and no one paid attention to his time card for several years. I think it was some outside audit that flagged the high salary that finally brought his fraud to light. Not sure what, if any, punitive actions he faced since several levels of oversight had to answer for this.

That sounds like a lot of work.....

chuckman
04-24-21, 20:37
Not the hero we want, but the hero we need....

Ready.Fire.Aim
04-24-21, 21:43
Sounds like an episode from The Sopranos.

Honu
04-24-21, 23:21
Sounds like almost all US gov workers dream !
All the congress people seem to do this ?
Postal people well they kinda do work sometimes mostly for amazon these days ya know make the rich richer

BoringGuy45
04-24-21, 23:23
Sounds like an episode from The Sopranos.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was mafia related. Given the location, I'm sure this person had connections to 'Ndrangheta (the Calabrian mafia; similar to the more famous Sicilian La Cosa Nostra, but separate). No show jobs are a common money laundering scheme for organized crime groups.

signal4l
04-25-21, 00:29
Ghost payrolling is an art in Chicago. Used to be very common.

15 years is an impressive run.

SteyrAUG
04-25-21, 02:17
Sounds like almost all US gov workers dream !
All the congress people seem to do this ?
Postal people well they kinda do work sometimes mostly for amazon these days ya know make the rich richer

No greater example than Paul Ryan.

When offered the job as top dog in the GOP he actually said "I don't want to travel for work, I don't want to work a LOT and I don't want to spend a lot of time away from my family."

If you tried that shit at Burger King they'd be "NEXT" but apparently in Congress it shows "family values." And then everyone has the nerve to be shocked when he turns out to be a dog turd conservative.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-25-21, 12:00
When it comes to the downfall of America no one will ever be able to heap enough distain on Paul Ryan to fully flesh out his complicity.

Allen
04-25-21, 12:35

He was a janitor on BART and nothing happened to him because the Union was getting it's cut.