PDA

View Full Version : Magpul vs H&K?

Slater
04-24-21, 19:27
(Using the translator) Apparently Magpul is of the opinion that the HK Gen 3 polymer mag infringes on their patents. Not sure if an actual lawsuit is in the works yet, but there does seem to be some difference of opinion:

https://soldat-und-technik.de/2021/04/bewaffnung/26773/system-sturmgewehr-bundeswehr-neue-unklarheiten-bei-patentrechten/

Firefly
04-24-21, 20:47
I don’t think Magpul has a real case. I think they are seeing dollar signs at procurement.

There are several commercial magazines that are closer to the Pmag design than the HK one.

We’ll see. The Bundeswehr getting the 416 is a big deal.

Stickman
04-25-21, 11:32
Companies sue all the time hoping they can discourage another player from manufacturing a similar product. Many times it isn’t a matter of if they can win, it’s a matter of whether the target company thinks it’s worth it to spend so much money to defend a product that is still in its infancy.

Iirc, Magpul has sued multiple companies with some events not working out to their intended goal. It’s part of business, and Magpul is big business.

Slater
04-25-21, 12:20
HK is certainly no stranger to litigation.

Stickman
04-25-21, 16:46
HK is certainly no stranger to litigation.

Neither is Magpul.

I remember when a certain company got people foaming at the mouth when Dick Swan sued, but like it or not, its a matter or businesses protecting themselves.