PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint ML3 vs. C3

og556
12-07-08, 18:44
I have searched through this forum and found some really interesting info about the different aimpoint models available. I will be shooting within 100 yards with my Bushmaster m4a3 and I will have a Troy BUIS soon but now need to decide what optic is right for me.

I was wondering what the exact differences are between the aimpoint ML3 and the C3 ? Do both have the flip up covers and is the optic LED and glass the same ?

Also I was wondering for CQB type shooting whether the 2MOA or 4MOA set up is better for 100 yards and under ? I understand you can turn up the brightness on a 2 MOA aimpoint but would the dot still seem solid at that point ?

I plan on ordering either one from G&R tactical with the larue cantilever mount. I do not think I will ever get the magnifier for the optic because the purpose of this rifle will be shooting within 100 Yards.

Any feedback on these two would be greatly appreciated.

sff70
12-08-08, 00:14
Search is your friend:

Keywords "aimpoint" and "c3" returned many results, including:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22197&highlight=aimpoint

IMO, get the larger dot (4 moa) since you won't be using a magnifier.

rob_s
12-08-08, 04:22
my take (http://tacticalyellowvisor.net/69016/69037.html)

The Archangel
12-11-08, 13:21
I can take the C3 into the shower with me when I lather up with the SF loofa that I bought at the PX.

However, I can take the ML3 down the water tube with me at Splashtown, however, I can only ride down the tube three times before Big Bertha freaks out about the dude in the Speedo with the M4 strapped on his back and calls the waterpark security guard.

ra2bach
12-14-08, 12:23
I can take the C3 into the shower with me when I lather up with the SF loofa that I bought at the PX.

However, I can take the ML3 down the water tube with me at Splashtown, however, I can only ride down the tube three times before Big Bertha freaks out about the dude in the Speedo with the M4 strapped on his back and calls the waterpark security guard.

falling into the category of urban legend, old wives tales, and wishful thinking, is that someone, who knows someone associated with Aimpoint claims, that even though there are different waterproof ratings for different models, the reality is that the difference is smaller than their marketing would want you to believe. meaning the C3 isn't suddenly going to go TU if you drop it in the deep end of the pool.

or was that their battery life rating??? :confused:

The Archangel
12-15-08, 09:29
falling into the category of urban legend, old wives tales, and wishful thinking, is that someone, who knows someone associated with Aimpoint claims, that even though there are different waterproof ratings for different models, the reality is that the difference is smaller than their marketing would want you to believe. meaning the C3 isn't suddenly going to go TU if you drop it in the deep end of the pool.

or was that their battery life rating??? :confused:

I can't comment on Aimpoint's waterproof rating as I have never tested it on my personal optics. As far as water exposure, they have only seen light rain and as far as my fantasy to ride down the water tube at Splashtown with my M4 strapped on my back... well that was just a fantasy. :p

Failure2Stop
12-15-08, 10:27

I just shot Copenhagen and cola through my nose.
I hate you. :D

The Archangel
12-18-08, 15:35
I just shot Copenhagen and cola through my nose.
I hate you. :D

Don't make fun! Do you know how hard it is to hide diversionary devices in a Speedo? I hate having run-ins with that Water Park security guard, he's the same fat bastard that posts as the Tactical Mall Ninja on TOS. I pop smoke as soon as I see him wooble around the corner in his shiney zip-up combat boots.

:p