PDA

View Full Version : Nihilism

thepatriot2705
04-28-21, 23:59
How to quit being so nihilistic?

I’ve realized two things:
There is an afterlife, but you don’t remember you’re earthly life (remembering my life would be an eternal hell), so what’s the point?
There is no afterlife and all of human existence is utterly meaningless.

THCDDM4
04-29-21, 00:04
Whichever it is, you ought to just stop the pitty party and instead enjoy yourself while you can.

Nothing lasts forever. Everything shall pass.

If you’re stuck on the ship and it’s sinking, you might as well have a parade.

If everything is so meaningless, Fock it, just enjoy what you can and let everything else go.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-29-21, 00:21
I had a Russian literature teacher in college who was an escapee from the Soviet union. She would say in her heavily accented English “ knee-heel-ishm “ and it took her 10 seconds to say...

SteyrAUG
04-29-21, 00:38

There is an afterlife, but you don’t remember you’re earthly life (remembering my life would be an eternal hell), so what’s the point?

Nihilism is a pointless road to nowhere. Even if there is nothing and no meaning, you can enjoy the ride. Explore existentialism. The fact that there might be "nothing" and "no reason" makes life all the more important, not less.

Artos
04-29-21, 00:47
Nice Marmot...

Arik
04-29-21, 06:51
Stop with the woe is me nonsense. You can continue down that road for the rest of your life and miss out on life or you can go out and enjoy it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Firefly
04-29-21, 07:46

Go do acid. It will definitely recolor your world.

You’re not a nihilist however. A real nihilst wouldnt care enough to worry about being a nihilist. You’re just a bit blue. So go do acid and maybe get laid. You’ll feel better

Averageman
04-29-21, 08:05
I will recommend Mushrooms or some Cactus instead, leave the Chemistry for the Loose Nuts.

Esq.
04-29-21, 08:15
This is how you deal with Nihilism-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEMiz6rcxc

The_War_Wagon
04-29-21, 08:31

WHAT church do you go to? :confused:

Hank6046
04-29-21, 08:47
Nice Marmot...

First place my mind went;)

prepare
04-29-21, 10:03

What are the fruits of nihilism?

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 10:24
What are the fruits of nihilism?

What are the fruits of life?

The_War_Wagon
04-29-21, 10:46

What are the fruits of saving faith? Send me your zip code - I'll send you an address. :cool:

prepare
04-29-21, 12:22
You reap what you sow.

The so-called bigger questions are of little interest once you determine what is important to you. Its only when nothing is important to you that you seek the "meaning" of life.

Life is its own purpose.

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 12:31
You reap what you sow.

The so-called bigger questions are of little interest once you determine what is important to you. Its only when nothing is important to you that you seek the "meaning" of life.

Life is its own purpose.

Life has no purpose to me. It’s perpetual hell. Everything I do turns to shit

gaijin
04-29-21, 12:37
Life’s prime function is procreation, Biologically speaking.
Nothing wrong with that.

“Baba Ram Doss” had a book; “Remember, be here now”.
Sort of a screwy, hippie/Hindu thing. The takeaway was; if you’re embracing the moment, the NOW, without regard for past or future, it’s pretty difficult to be discontent.

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 12:40
Life’s prime function is procreation, Biologically speaking.
Nothing wrong with that.

“Baba Ram Doss” had a book; “Remember, be here now”.
Sort of a screwy, hippie/Hindu thing. The takeaway was; if you’re embracing the moment, the NOW, without regard for past or future, it’s pretty difficult to be discontent.

Well, if I was a socially awkward ****tard who could actually talk to women and just have relationships in general...let me tel you something...working 80 hours a week with nothing to really show for it and no friends is not a life worth living. My family carries me on. That’s it

Firefly
04-29-21, 13:02
Well, if I was a socially awkward ****tard who could actually talk to women and just have relationships in general...let me tel you something...working 80 hours a week with nothing to really show for it and no friends is not a life worth living. My family carries me on. That’s it

Young man, I was once in your shoes. I said, I was down and out with the blues. I felt no man cared if I were alive. I felt the whole world was so jive.

You need:
-A home cooked meal
-A stiff drink
-A hobby beyond guns
-A Mentor not necessarily from your job.
-A fixed goal in life

I work more hours than you and am not awkward at all around women because I know they are all bloodsuckers and the screwing you gon get is not worth the screwing she gave you.
The seriously WORST thing you can do with a woman is use her as a personal therapist. Just because she’s a little nice to you and lets you put your tongue in her mouth doesn’t mean she’s the best person to share your weird reactionary political beliefs, your enemies list, your prevailing conspiracy theories, nor which dykes you think secretly want the D with.

Get a Mentor or a friend who gains nothing from you for that. Women are taught that anybody not chasing paper or kissing ass or sticking with “the narrative” is fcking WEIRD.

You’re not a Nihilist. You’re not God’s Lonely Man. You’re not the Joker. You’re going through a rough patch and this happens to everybody.

I leave you with these wise words. They are not mine but I live by them:

When you're a boy
Some days are tough
Lying on your bed
Playing punk rock and stuff
Home is a boot camp
You gotta escape

If you were in GA and not giving off a Hinkley vibe, I’d invite you to the Eagle to blow off a little steam

BoringGuy45
04-29-21, 13:10

First, if that's your outlook, then you'll never quit being nihilistic. How can anybody tell you how to feel like life is meaningful when you've concluded that it's meaningless?

Second, how do you know? Have you seen every corner of the universe? Do you know every physical and spiritual dimension? Do you know all there is to know? Have you looked in the space where heaven is supposed to be and saw a "for sale" sign?

Third, if life has no purpose, what gets you up in the morning? What drives you on?

Firefly
04-29-21, 13:20
Also, Choose Life, Patriot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsfVJMWL0E

Averageman
04-29-21, 13:52
If you don't believe and haven't prayed to God lately, well, you've been living a good Life. Thank the Man for it.

prepare
04-29-21, 14:31

Here's the deal;
Could it be that you fail to appreciate the little things and see the value in them?
Or you're just a lazy excuse of a human that just takes the easy familiar miserable path? You are what you repeatedly think and do...

You see life is made up of little things that have little purposes. You brush you teeth for the purpose of health and fresh breath, you eat for the purpose of health and energy, you wipe you ass for the purpose of hygiene, etc. Do you get it? Is that too simple and mundane for you? Or are you to smart and special for these little things and waiting for a higher purpose?

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 15:42
Here's the deal;
Could it be that you fail to appreciate the little things and see the value in them?
Or you're just a lazy excuse of a human that just takes the easy familiar miserable path? You are what you repeatedly think and do...

You see life is made up of little things that have little purposes. You brush you teeth for the purpose of health and fresh breath, you eat for the purpose of health and energy, you wipe you ass for the purpose of hygiene, etc. Do you get it? Is that too simple and mundane for you? Or are you to smart and special for these little things and waiting for a higher purpose?

I don’t think I take the easy path on anything. Who puts up lime
Plaster themselves? Rebuild a brick fireplace using historic methods. I’m always pushing myself and I can never meet a goal. I believe that I am capable of great things? It’s a mediocre life that scares the shit out of me.

Defaultmp3
04-29-21, 16:31
Get a dog.

BoringGuy45
04-29-21, 16:56
Plaster themselves? Rebuild a brick fireplace using historic methods. I’m always pushing myself and I can never meet a goal. I believe that I am capable of great things? It’s a mediocre life that scares the shit out of me.

Go see a therapist. Look for someone who does cognitive behavioral therapy. Your thinking is out of wack. I'd suggest anti-depressants as well. Get on a 100 or so milligrams of Zoloft or Luvox. Talk to your Primary about that.

prepare
04-29-21, 17:10

Stop comparing yourself with others.
Do what you want and be grateful.
If doing mediocre things doesn’t bring you satisfaction then do your idea of extraordinary and see how you like it.
The reality is you’re not capable of great things. Just great excuses.

jsbhike
04-29-21, 17:20

Start a YouTube channel?

I saw the plaster thread, but did I miss one on the fireplace?

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 18:50

Start a YouTube channel?

I saw the plaster thread, but did I miss one on the fireplace?

Co-gnARR
04-29-21, 19:50
Young man, I was once in your shoes. I said, I was down and out with the blues. I felt no man cared if I were alive. I felt the whole world was so jive.

You need:
-A home cooked meal
-A stiff drink
-A hobby beyond guns
-A Mentor not necessarily from your job.
-A fixed goal in life

I work more hours than you and am not awkward at all around women because I know they are all bloodsuckers and the screwing you gon get is not worth the screwing she gave you.
The seriously WORST thing you can do with a woman is use her as a personal therapist. Just because she’s a little nice to you and lets you put your tongue in her mouth doesn’t mean she’s the best person to share your weird reactionary political beliefs, your enemies list, your prevailing conspiracy theories, nor which dykes you think secretly want the D with.

Get a Mentor or a friend who gains nothing from you for that. Women are taught that anybody not chasing paper or kissing ass or sticking with “the narrative” is fcking WEIRD.

You’re not a Nihilist. You’re not God’s Lonely Man. You’re not the Joker. You’re going through a rough patch and this happens to everybody.

I leave you with these wise words. They are not mine but I live by them:

When you're a boy
Some days are tough
Lying on your bed
Playing punk rock and stuff
Home is a boot camp
You gotta escape

If you were in GA and not giving off a Hinkley vibe, I’d invite you to the Eagle to blow off a little steam

Semper fi, my man...one of your best posts in recent memory.

OP- do as Firefly and others have suggested. It will get better once you get some perspective.

jsbhike
04-29-21, 20:10

That is very neat.

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 20:32
That is very neat.

Thanks I guess. Slaking my quicklime on site to make lime putty. Adding sand and cement then laying old brick. Trying to replicate original techniques and finish

jsbhike
04-29-21, 21:06
Thanks I guess. Slaking my quicklime on site to make lime putty. Adding sand and cement then laying old brick. Trying to replicate original techniques and finish

Ever watch Townsends on YouTube?

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 21:34
Ever watch Townsends on YouTube?

Can’t say I have

jsbhike
04-29-21, 21:46
Can’t say I have

May be a bit further back than some of your time frame, but you may find their stuff interesting.

https://youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

thepatriot2705
04-29-21, 22:54
May be a bit further back than some of your time frame, but you may find their stuff interesting.

https://youtube.com/user/jastownsendandson

Thanks. The hand made brick is interesting. Might have to make a few to lay in my house