PDA

View Full Version : The legend of Chief Shannon Kent

chuckman
04-29-21, 08:33
Everyone knows about DEVGRU, fewer know Delta, and virtually no one knows the Army of Northern Virginia. I know a sailor who went to "the" unit and says Kent was just a pure bad ass.

https://coffeeordie.com/shannon-kent/

Sam
04-29-21, 09:35
Thank you for bringing this forward again. I read a similar article and was moved. She has my respect.

This article below was written by Shannon's husband, Joe, and featured in all places NBC news site:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-came-dover-after-my-wife-was-killed-fighting-isis-ncna1239425

MAUSER202
04-29-21, 18:47
Thank you for sharing the incredible story of this woman, what a warrior and patriot. F Wonder Woman, Chief Kent needs a super hero movie.

pag23
04-29-21, 19:14
Thanks for this story as well...

ABNAK
04-29-21, 20:02
Very interesting read. She kept a fitness and .mil lifestyle so my hat is off to her. Not sure what NoVa's "selection" is like but she made it through that so my hat is off (and a respectful bow too) yet a second time. Awesome patriot and warrior!

CRAMBONE
04-29-21, 20:05
I know a few dudes that worked with her. She seems to have been well liked.

SteyrAUG
04-29-21, 20:24
See this is somebody that we could actually respect, a genuine role model...probably why most people have never heard of her.

ABNAK
04-29-21, 20:44
See this is somebody that we could actually respect, a genuine role model...probably why most people have never heard of her.

Oh there is no doubt about that at all. She checked a few "disqualifier" boxes for any leftist MSM coverage:

1) She wasn't a lesbian

2) She was in a HSLD eeeevil military unit

3) She earned it all herself without crying foul

4) She paid the ultimate price for her lifestyle and beliefs

Those points essentially kept this story from being broadcast widely for what it actually is: an inspiration to true American patriots, male/female/black/white/whatever.

SteyrAUG
04-29-21, 21:31
Oh there is no doubt about that at all. She checked a few "disqualifier" boxes for any leftist MSM coverage:

1) She wasn't a lesbian

2) She was in a HSLD eeeevil military unit

3) She earned it all herself without crying foul

4) She paid the ultimate price for her lifestyle and beliefs

Those points essentially kept this story from being broadcast widely for what it actually is: an inspiration to true American patriots, male/female/black/white/whatever.

Add in she didn't feel the need to write a "tell all" book, go on the Oprah Winfrey show or run for office so that she could "cash out" her experience.

All of those disqualifiers could be overlooked if she had run as a Democrat in her local district.

And as much as I like reading books by those who BTDT, the fact that her story was only told after she passed says quite a bit about her. Whenever I read about stuff like this I usually end with the quote "Where do we get such me...", females of her character should consider that statement inclusive.

Makes me wonder how many more might be out there that nobody knows about while other women earn "special qualifications" Ranger tabs.