PDA

View Full Version : Some Remington updates...

Slater
05-04-21, 21:40
For anyone interested, a Field & Stream interview with a Remington executive, dated today (4 May 21). Seems to be a lot of corporate-speak generalities, but evidently the 870 shotgun and 700 rifle will be the first to resume production:

https://www.fieldandstream.com/guns/remington-reveals-plans-for-new-guns/

Bulletdog
05-04-21, 23:53
I've already got a tack driver 700, and I don't want an 870 because the safety is in a bad place. What I want is ammo. When will that start hitting the shelves by the truckload?

Coal Dragger
05-05-21, 00:23
From what I’ve seen ammo is arriving by the truck most places. The problem is, especially at the big box stores, the same retards line up every morning and buy all the ammo as soon as it hits the shelf. I’ve seen this several times.

The same mouth breathing oxygen thieves who were hoarding ammo last shortage are hoarding ammo again. Someday their widows will sell it all for pennies on the dollar or give it away, because we all know these prepper Moron Labia dumb dumbs aren’t shooting any of it.

SteyrAUG
05-05-21, 04:39
I've already got a tack driver 700, and I don't want an 870 because the safety is in a bad place. What I want is ammo. When will that start hitting the shelves by the truckload?

I find the safety to be perfectly located on my 870.

Esq.
05-05-21, 07:45

I find that a Vang Dome Head safety, pretty much makes the safety irrelevant. I THINK about it coming off, and it does.

I understand that Mossberg fans hate the 870 safety because you normally have to activate it using your trigger finger- which means your finger isn't immediately ON the trigger. The Vang solves that issue. I love when Mossberg guys try to put a pistol grip stock on their shotguns. They find our really quickly what F'D up ergos are.....lol...

Esq.
05-05-21, 07:53
I don't think it's any great surprise that Remington will start to make the only products anyone really wants to buy is it?

They don't have any other products WORTH buying. They have two guns, the 700 and the 870. That's it. The rest of their line is shit or over priced (You can't sell a 7600 for $800).... And ammo of course....But those are two separate companies now anyway.

If Remington had a friggen brain in their head they would bring back the Model 66. Originals bring STUPID money. The friggen gun is STAMPED parts and PLASTIC. It was a Glock before there WAS a Glock- simple and cheap to produce. If they can't make money on that design- using MODERN production methods, they deserve to go under.

They could even update it. Find a way to put a decent scope/pic rail on it. Steal Rugers 10 round magazine- patent is long expired. Offer a threaded version. Easy to do.....but no, they'll probably make some crappy new .22 rifle that nobody wants that barely works with garbage 5 magazines or a 10 rounder larger than a standard AK mag.

Slater
05-05-21, 08:05
I wonder if they'll bring back the RP9.

Bulletdog
05-05-21, 08:49

Ever done a right hand corner in a shoot house with the shotgun on your left shoulder? Try it.

Esq.
05-05-21, 08:57
Ever done a right hand corner in a shoot house with the shotgun on your left shoulder? Try it.

You know, several years ago I took a class with Paul Howe at CSAT. He followed me through the shoot house. I did the whole Tacticool switching shoulders at corners and engaging etc...

When we were done, the ONLY criticism he had was, "Why did you switch shoulders to shoot on that corner, you're right handed?" I gave the standard answer, "Concealment, blah, blah..." Paul says, "I never did that. Unless you train constantly on it you will NEVER be as good off hand, you're wasting time....Just step out and kill the son of a bitch".

Always makes me laugh when I think about it.....

05-05-21, 09:55
Paul Howe is a wise man.

Bulletdog
05-05-21, 10:38
You know, several years ago I took a class with Paul Howe at CSAT. He followed me through the shoot house. I did the whole Tacticool switching shoulders at corners and engaging etc...

When we were done, the ONLY criticism he had was, "Why did you switch shoulders to shoot on that corner, you're right handed?" I gave the standard answer, "Concealment, blah, blah..." Paul says, "I never did that. Unless you train constantly on it you will NEVER be as good off hand, you're wasting time....Just step out and kill the son of a bitch".

Always makes me laugh when I think about it.....

Do that with me on the other end in a shoot house with sims and see what happens. Or any of the other students I train with. I've been shot in the elbows, knees and feet for sticking something too far out around a corner. No thanks.

Even right handed, I don't like the position of the safety on the 870. Other than that, its a great shotgun.

Hadoken
05-05-21, 10:47

*Cries in left handed*

Ron3
05-05-21, 11:14
I scored a brick of new Remington large pistol primers so...they are making ammo.

Slater
05-05-21, 11:17
Aren't Remington Ammunition and Remington firearms two separate companies now?

05-05-21, 11:20
Do that with me on the other end in a shoot house with sims and see what happens. Or any of the other students I train with. I've been shot in the elbows, knees and feet for sticking something too far out around a corner. No thanks.

Even right handed, I don't like the position of the safety on the 870. Other than that, its a great shotgun.

Sounds like a great training opportunity. I’m in, if we can make location and schedule work.

SteyrAUG
05-05-21, 19:13

I do a happy medium with an Izzy lean. Not as exposed as stepping out but a lot faster than trying to get sights on with weak side.

As for the 870, I mostly rely on trigger finger / muzzle discipline when moving and engaged. I use safeties for transport or for downtime between exercises / engagements. I grew up with dozens of guns with nearly identical safties so it's not a big issue for me. At least it's not a big clunky, square cross bolt.

SteyrAUG
05-05-21, 19:16

Not sure what that has to do with anything, if I'm IN the shoot house the safety has been off since I first engaged the first target.

mRad
05-09-21, 22:46
Aren't Remington Ammunition and Remington firearms two separate companies now?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbjh
05-09-21, 23:37
If they’re going to keep making it, make the Model 7 more like the CZ552, and not just a kind-of-shorter Model 700. 16” threaded barrel for those who can have fun stuff.

Sent from 80ms in the future