PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of this? 8 dead family members.

Averageman
05-07-21, 09:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrVZJO9CHo
Holy smokes...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-07-21, 12:03
I would hope most have heard of it. There was a great podcast out on it recently, I believe it was called the Piketon Massacre.

ChattanoogaPhil
05-07-21, 12:11
8 slain white country folk doesn't get much national media attention. Now if it had been 8 Asian spa workers...

Averageman
05-07-21, 12:52
I would hope most have heard of it. There was a great podcast out on it recently, I believe it was called the Piketon Massacre.

I honestly had NO Idea that this had ever happened.
I will look for more information, but amazingly the guy who likely kicked off the whole thing is the same turd that turned in his family.

gunnerblue
05-07-21, 13:49
It was national news for awhile with everyone assuming cartel involvement. The story died out when people realized that the Rhodens were criminals themselves. I have a lot of family in that area with a very similar surname- when I first saw the headlines I had bit of an "oh shi*" moment

AKDoug
05-07-21, 14:21
I remember it.

titsonritz
05-07-21, 14:38
There was a thread about it at the time.

Warp
05-07-21, 17:38
First I'm hearing of it.

But I go out of my way not to watch the "news"

jsbhike
05-07-21, 21:09
It was national news for awhile with everyone assuming cartel involvement. The story died out when people realized that the Rhodens were criminals themselves. I have a lot of family in that area with a very similar surname- when I first saw the headlines I had bit of an "oh shi*" moment

Now I can remember it happening because of the cartel belief mention. Seems like it was a big story for 3 or 4 days then just dropped.

ABNAK
05-07-21, 21:28
I honestly had NO Idea that this had ever happened.
I will look for more information, but amazingly the guy who likely kicked off the whole thing is the same turd that turned in his family.

He was the one who got the chick pregnant and eventually sparked this murder-over-custody fiasco. My bet is he made a deal that none of his family gets the death penalty either. If I was a member of the victim's family I would be up the prosecutor's ass if I smelled a deal in the works.

ABNAK
05-07-21, 21:32

So you're cool with 8 freaking pre-planned murders? Were all 8 scummy criminals? Selling weed or not this was a case of cold-blooded executions. Sorry (not), but they all need to die depending on the depth of their involvement. Life in prison at the least for any not executed.

AppalachianThunder
05-08-21, 03:32
How could I forget. Just reading the thread title I knew what you were talking about.

SteyrAUG
05-08-21, 05:16
So you're cool with 8 freaking pre-planned murders? Were all 8 scummy criminals? Selling weed or not this was a case of cold-blooded executions. Sorry (not), but they all need to die depending on the depth of their involvement. Life in prison at the least for any not executed.

No but it's an important reminder that if you get in bed with some people, they will wack out your entire family for minor or even imagined infractions. If you get caught and think you are gonna drop a dime on anything even remotely organized, it will go bad for you and everything you care about.

That is the nature of enforcement in the soulless world of illicit narcotics.

ABNAK
05-08-21, 09:19
No but it's an important reminder that if you get in bed with some people, they will wack out your entire family for minor or even imagined infractions. If you get caught and think you are gonna drop a dime on anything even remotely organized, it will go bad for you and everything you care about.

That is the nature of enforcement in the soulless world of illicit narcotics.

Yes, but this wasn't about illicit narcotics (ironically). It was about a friggin' custody battle. The weed thing is a side-story, it really has no bearing on what took place.

gunnerblue
05-08-21, 10:45

I didn't say anything about my personal feelings on the matter in the post you quoted. Only that people lost interest in the story nationwide when it became clear that the Rhodens weren't exactly upstanding citizens because that's exactly what happened. Don't make assumptions.

ABNAK
05-08-21, 10:53
I didn't say anything about my personal feelings on the matter in the post you quoted. Only that people lost interest in the story nationwide when it became clear that the Rhodens weren't exactly upstanding citizens because that's exactly what happened. Don't make assumptions.

People lost interest in it when it went cold for a couple years. Instant gratification and all that. It only resurfaced when arrests were made. From my perspective it had nothing to do with the "dirt" on the Rhodens.

Averageman
05-08-21, 11:08
Ironically to me these guy's were growing dope and all that goes along with that, but it turns out top be a custody case?
Who kills 8 people when it comes to a custody case and who did "what all' of this?
Was this a family thing or did one guy pull all the triggers?