PDA

View Full Version : LaRue MBT2S weak reset

Wow
05-09-21, 18:40
I have a MBT2S. The break is great but the reset seems weak or slow.
Does anyone else feel this way about the MBT2S?

Any alternative 2-stagers that are made from billet steel and not cast?

themonk
05-09-21, 19:28
Have you reached out to Larue about the issue? I do not have any reset issues with my Larue's triggers.

I am not aware of a trigger that is machined form billet. Geissele which are hands down some of the best triggers in the world come from investments casts. May be worth your time - https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?6345-Geissele-trigger-metal-question&p=65982#post65982

05-09-21, 19:46
What trigger spring did you use?

Wow
05-09-21, 20:17
I used the non-heavy spring. Would switching over to the heavy one make the reset feel more solid? Isnt that one just for a heavier 2nd stage?

georgeib
05-09-21, 21:26
I used the non-heavy spring. Would switching over to the heavy one make the reset feel more solid? Isnt that one just for a heavier 2nd stage?No, it replaces the trigger not hammer spring. It's directly responsible for reset.

Wow
05-09-21, 21:49
No, it replaces the trigger not hammer spring. It's directly responsible for reset.

Ahh, Ok thanks. I will probably hold off on swapping to the other spring. I don't want an 8 pound trigger. Maybe I just have to wear it in more. The fit is insanely tight because of how wide that trigger is. I think it slightly rubs against the lower where the trigger pokes through.

05-10-21, 05:49
That’s just a characteristic of that trigger.

If it’s rubbing the lower I’d trim the trigger, not the lower. But you’re gonna need a good file because S7 is tough!

VLODPG
05-10-21, 06:19
I have a MBT2S. The break is great but the reset seems weak or slow.
Does anyone else feel this way about the MBT2S?

Any alternative 2-stagers that are made from billet steel and not cast?

No,

What lower is it in?
How does it shoot with it?
Are you using LaRue trigger pins or something else?
Have you used any other trigger in the lower and what were the results?
Have you reached out to LaRue?

AndyLate
05-10-21, 06:47
If you feel your trigger is unserviceable or rubs the slot in the lower, contact Larue for assistance.

The MB2S has a less forceful reset than a MilSpec or G 2-Stage trigger. Pretty much every review ever posted about the trigger states that. The heavier trigger spring increases trigger pull by roughly one pound (not to 8 lbs) and firms up the reset.

The perfect AR trigger doesn't exist...

Andy

matemike
05-10-21, 07:39
Perhaps the rubbing is contributing to the weak reset?

My MBT2S is fantastic with the weaker spring in a BCM lower.

I went from 4.9 to 5.5 pound trigger pull weights (all over the place) with the mil spec trigger to 4.1 pounds consistently across the graph with the MBT2S.

05-10-21, 09:23
Ahh, Ok thanks. I will probably hold off on swapping to the other spring. I don't want an 8 pound trigger. Maybe I just have to wear it in more. The fit is insanely tight because of how wide that trigger is. I think it slightly rubs against the lower where the trigger pokes through.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?220849-Dry-fire-observations-comparison&highlight=

3 things I’m sharing that post for:
1) Not 8 lbs, or close
3) the stronger spring is well known to only slightly increase pull weight, mostly in the first stage, but drastically improve the reset.
2)Its not really very wide; it just feels that way, so slow down and think about this before using a file

Wow
05-10-21, 10:16
No,

What lower is it in?
How does it shoot with it?
Are you using LaRue trigger pins or something else?
Have you used any other trigger in the lower and what were the results?
Have you reached out to LaRue?

M4E1
Shoots great, only issue is reset
Other triggers have a stronger reset
Its the same in my anderson lower
Have not reached out to LaRue

I don't want to remove material from th trigger with a file because the finish is so nice. I think I'll just try wearing it in more by dry firing an maybe I'll swap springs.

I think I remember some reviews mentioning the weaker reset so this isn't a total surprise.

CPM
05-12-21, 23:05
Put the heavier spring in. I don’t even bother with the lighter one for this very reason.

Don’t file anything.

Sparky5019
05-19-21, 14:57
I put a LaRue trigger in for a LaRue fanboy once; if they made it he had to have it. They make good stuff but I was not impressed by the triggers at all. I second the Geissele recommendation. Billet vs investment cast means absolutely zero. If the heat treat is not done correctly either can break in heartbeat. Geissele has demonstrated reliability and durability over the long run.

tehpwnag3
05-19-21, 21:08
What you ought to do is install the trigger into the lower without a spring to see if it moves back and forth smoothly and without any friction. Then, add the spring and check it before installing the hammer.

M4E1
Shoots great, only issue is reset
Other triggers have a stronger reset
Its the same in my anderson lower
Have not reached out to LaRue

I don't want to remove material from th trigger with a file because the finish is so nice. I think I'll just try wearing it in more by dry firing an maybe I'll swap springs.

I think I remember some reviews mentioning the weaker reset so this isn't a total surprise.