PDA

View Full Version : Schmid Polished and Plated Triggers

AndyLate
05-14-21, 08:31
First there was the ALG ACT, BCM offered the PNT, then PSA started selling their EPT triggers. Fast forward a few years and now it seems every vendor sells a branded or generic Schmid for prices that range from about $30 to $70.

I have a PNT, an EPT, and just picked up one sold by Brownells as a Schmid trigger. All are uniformly smoother and cleaner than a MilSpec trigger and I will never buy another MilSpec trigger if I have a choice.

I get it that some shooters want/need a lighter, shorter single-stage trigger, and are willing to pay a good bit more for them.

For me, its either a polished and plated single-stage trigger or a Larue MBT for the majority of my ARs. Both are under $100 - man we are spoiled.

I am curious what y'all think of them, and if anyone has found a real difference between any of the builder's/vendor's enhanced triggers.

Thanks

Andy

Straight Shooter
05-14-21, 08:45
Man I love both of mine. Was dry firing & relubing a few guns this past weekend, and was thinking then the EPT triggers are nice, ESPECIALLY for the price.
For my serious AR & my SPR...I use a 4lb. & a 3lb Velocity...LOVE them. But just on a beater, range toys that could well be used in an SD/SHTF scenario- the EPT's are great.

m4luvr
05-14-21, 13:22
i have a couple of Centurion Arms AST plus a few larue MBTs - they compare to each other very well. really like both.

MWAG19919
05-14-21, 14:24
I haven’t noticed much difference between our (mine/my dad’s) 2 SIONICS NP3 triggers and his PSA EPT, except that the SIONICS triggers seem to have a shorter and crisper reset. Really splitting hairs though, and all are smoother than the standard milspec Colt, BCM, and PSA triggers that came in our lowers.

When I want a NICE trigger I’ll still go with Geissele, but with good coated milspec options available I don’t see why anyone would prefer a standard trigger in this day and age

turnburglar
05-14-21, 16:46
I own a G2S, Larue MBT (2), and a schmid N Tool that comes on the Savage MSR10.

The schmid was the only trigger that needed to break in; but once it did, its preferable over my G2S for precision work. Its full time duty is on a sub MOA 6.5 creedmoor.

sinister
05-14-21, 21:05
I've got two Aero Precision Schmid two-stage triggers and must say, for $70 this is a very good replacement for a single-stage GI or Geissele basic-polished GI (haven't tried the ALG).

The pins are polished, so the first stage take-up is also clean (gritty with parkerized GI pins). The second stage is HEAVY, like a standard GI -- but clean. When it breaks, it breaks. Sort of reminds me of a good M1 Garand.

Spooky1
05-14-21, 22:14
To be honest I am not sure if my triger is a Schmid or not, the thing had a S stamp on it tho. It is packaged as a WMD NiB-X 2 stage. A friend had it and never used it, he handed it to me one day and said use it or give it to someone. I put it in my Daughters S&W M&P15 and it is nice for what it is.

The first stage had some grit so I put in a set of polished pins and that took 95% of all the grit outta it. The brake is very crisp, my triger gauge grew legs and ran off so I have no idea what the pull weight is. My Kid loves it, so that is the most important thing to me.

AndyLate
05-15-21, 08:09
My Kid loves it, so that is the most important thing to me.

That is really all that matters!

Andy

Spooky1
05-15-21, 12:31
That is really all that matters!

Andy

Yes Sir. it truly is.

DG23
05-20-21, 20:38
I haven’t noticed much difference between our (mine/my dad’s) 2 SIONICS NP3 triggers and his PSA EPT, except that the SIONICS triggers seem to have a shorter and crisper reset. Really splitting hairs though, and all are smoother than the standard milspec Colt, BCM, and PSA triggers that came in our lowers.

When I want a NICE trigger I’ll still go with Geissele, but with good coated milspec options available I don’t see why anyone would prefer a standard trigger in this day and age

Takes very little time to adjust the length of the reset...

https://i.imgur.com/o5vH34K.jpg

prepare
05-22-21, 09:19
As far as pull weight, a lubed vs a dry trigger has a significant affect on the pull weight when checking on a trigger pull scale even with the various polished and nickel teflon coated triggers out there.