PDA

View Full Version : Troy Industries relocating to Tennessee

Slater
05-14-21, 11:33
Guess that was inevitable at some point:

"TROY Industries has just announced that they will be moving both their headquarters and manufacturing plant to Clarksville, Tennessee. You may be familiar with TROY Industries from their popular line of sporting rifles including the unique TROY Pump Action Rifle (PAR). The move, which is taking place to “ensure the success of the company” citing the “changing climate for firearms manufacturers” as the impetus for the relocation. The 5-year plan will begin in June costing $7.2 million and creating 75 new jobs."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/05/14/troy-industries-move-tennessee/

Esq.
05-14-21, 11:35
Guess that was inevitable at some point:

"TROY Industries has just announced that they will be moving both their headquarters and manufacturing plant to Clarksville, Tennessee. You may be familiar with TROY Industries from their popular line of sporting rifles including the unique TROY Pump Action Rifle (PAR). The move, which is taking place to “ensure the success of the company” citing the “changing climate for firearms manufacturers” as the impetus for the relocation. The 5-year plan will begin in June costing $7.2 million and creating 75 new jobs."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2021/05/14/troy-industries-move-tennessee/

But the real question is, "Who cares?"

Vic79
05-14-21, 11:58
I would argue this is a company that’s actually putting their money where their mouth is. I’m not a Troy fan boy by any means, but if you guys want to go back to arguing what kind of shoes,underwear, and socks the seal team is wearing during their force on force training by all means go ahead and jack off to their Instagram some more.

In actual news that makes a shit we have a company leaving an East Coast shit hole and moving to a more free state to provide jobs and tax revenue there. I call that a win.

utahjeepr
05-14-21, 12:27
Well, considering they currently have about 40 people so planning to run up to 75 is significant growth. Especially if, as it seems to indicate, that would mean 75 "new" jobs on top of the 40 they already provide. Plus, moving economic assets out of commie states is always a good thing.

Troy makes some fine products. I ain't 100% down with some of their company beliefs RE: 2A / Citizen liberties, but ...

Esq.
05-14-21, 12:34
Well, considering they currently have about 40 people so planning to run up to 75 is significant growth. Especially if, as it seems to indicate, that would mean 75 "new" jobs on top of the 40 they already provide. Plus, moving economic assets out of commie states is always a good thing.

Troy makes some fine products. I ain't 100% down with some of their company beliefs RE: 2A / Citizen liberties, but ...

That was the vein of my comment.

To the extent that shit hole communists are starved for revenue, that's a good thing that I can't argue against. But, I don't for a second believe it's due to any kind of felicity for the average citizens 2A rights.

ABNAK
05-14-21, 13:25
I vaguely recall something about Troy and RKBA issues. Can someone refresh my memory?

JediGuy
05-14-21, 13:36
Troy SOCC handguards were the bomb diggity...also their carbon fiber 308 handguard.
But that was at discount prices, and I don’t go out of my way to purchase Troy products.

Esq.
05-14-21, 13:39
I vaguely recall something about Troy and RKBA issues. Can someone refresh my memory?

A subsidiary of the company hired a very outspoken Anti Gun Ex Cop from Chitcago as a Trainer. They also hired and worked with Lon Horiuchis spotter, who essentially testified that shooting Vickie Weaver in the head was hunky dorie and he would have done the same.

titsonritz
05-14-21, 13:39
But the real question is, "Who cares?"

LOL, I'm all for every gun related manufacturer flipping off and leaving every commie shithole state, because **** those those guys, but I've never bought a Troy product in my life and don't see that changing.

ABNAK
05-14-21, 14:11
A subsidiary of the company hired a very outspoken Anti Gun Ex Cop from Chitcago as a Trainer. They also hired and worked with Lon Horiuchis spotter, who essentially testified that shooting Vickie Weaver in the head was hunky dorie and he would have done the same.

Yes, that is what I recall hearing. Thanks.

utahjeepr
05-14-21, 14:24

Dude, she was threatening federal law enforcement officers with a loaded baby. You can't point an infant at FBI agents and not expect to be shot. Jeez

Esq.
05-14-21, 14:27
Dude, she was threatening federal law enforcement officers with a loaded baby. You can't point an infant at FBI agents and not expect to be shot. Jeez

To be fair, as a parent, I've dealt with some diapers that were certifiably hazardous material!

Alex V
05-14-21, 14:27
Anyone have a contact? I wanna put in a proposal to design the new plant!

LOL

Tony617
05-14-21, 17:04
I do have some Troy flip up battle sights on my AR which I do like. I also have a Troy FDE hand guard which is quite comfortable and did not cost that much compared to other hand guards. Not sure now since I built my AR a few years ago now.

utahjeepr
05-14-21, 17:08
FWIW, the incidents in question are pretty old news. Not saying "forgive and forget" and all, but does anybody have any info on the current attitudes of the company?

Diamondback
05-14-21, 18:12
FWIW, the incidents in question are pretty old news. Not saying "forgive and forget" and all, but does anybody have any info on the current attitudes of the company?

Until they can prove that Dale Monroe and Jody Weis are permanently Off The Payroll, why bother? Personnel is Policy.

Firefly
05-14-21, 18:56
I personally am over it all. IÂ’m not tossing my Troy stuff nor am I boycotting them. They make good stuff. All I care about.

Jellybean
05-14-21, 19:44
...You may be familiar with TROY Industries from their popular line of sporting rifles including the unique TROY Pump Action Rifle (PAR)........"

Yes, that's what everyone is most familiar with from Troy... :rolleyes: :laugh:

gunrunner505
05-14-21, 21:33
Take the last train to Clarksville….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_War_Wagon
05-14-21, 22:07

That's OK. I'm sure those same folks are still boycotting Ruger as well. :rolleyes:

thepatriot2705
05-14-21, 22:22
I’ll never forgive dicks sporting goods for ****ing me on a Troy rifle. 2012 Black Friday: $799 for a Troy carbine. Sandy hook happens, dicks: we are cancelling your prepaid order. Here’s a $100 gift card. I’ve had a chance to shoot one. Nice rifle. Wish I had one

Esq.
05-15-21, 05:42
That's OK. I'm sure those same folks are still boycotting Ruger as well. :rolleyes:

That part of Ruger is dead and buried, literally. The company now actively promotes sales of their AR line, high cap mags (The BX 22 mag is superlative), their PCC line is a pretty hearty repudiation of stodgy fuddism.......But, the guy that hired Dale Monroe and Jody Weis still runs Troy and never really came off those decisions. I think that's a reasonable distinction.

pag23
05-15-21, 05:43
I have some Troy stuff, sights and a few rails....congrats on the move as long as they don't bring any people with a Democrat way of thinking with them