PDA

View Full Version : Five Oregon Counties Vote to Secede and Join Idaho

Honu
05-20-21, 16:43
This would be so freaking great !

I love the southern coast of Oregon and if it could become Idaho might actually buy there :)

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/19/five-oregon-counties-vote-to-secede-and-join-idaho/

Johnny Rico
05-20-21, 16:48
Now they want to join Idaho? I thought they wanted to help form the state of Jefferson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-20-21, 16:57
The way that CO is going, the big rural county on the north side is looking to join WY, and the Western slope would proably want to join ID too. If I could 'move' to Idaho or WY, with having to pay movers... that would be worth a lot of money to me...

Diamondback
05-20-21, 17:59
The way that CO is going, the big rural county on the north side is looking to join WY, and the Western slope would proably want to join ID too. If I could 'move' to Idaho or WY, with having to pay movers... that would be worth a lot of money to me...

I'd love to see Greater Idaho roll westward right up to the Seattle and Tacoma city limits--let the Bluefascists figure out how to support themselves without our taxes and labor...

titsonritz
05-20-21, 18:17
Now they want to join Idaho? I thought they wanted to help form the state of Jefferson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_(proposed_Pacific_state)

We just want to get the **** away from Portland and SF. The State of Jefferson is more of the west side, this new thing in the east side.

utahjeepr
05-20-21, 18:34

Not to be too much of a smart ass, but ... ummm ... Colorado doesn't border Idaho.

Grand58742
05-20-21, 20:13
It's actually seven total counties:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/554332-oregon-counties-vote-to-secede-to-idaho

Unfortunately, it will never happen:

Idaho Gov. Brad Little (R) has said he supports incorporating more Oregonians within his state’s borders. But altering state lines is extremely unlikely.

Actually moving the lines would require a vote from the Oregon legislature, which is firmly controlled by Democrats. Oregon and Idaho would have to strike a formal deal, which would then need to be ratified by the U.S. Congress.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-20-21, 22:31
Not to be too much of a smart ass, but ... ummm ... Colorado doesn't border Idaho.

Sorry, had Utah and Salt Lake City on my mind lately. Totally screwed the pooch 15 years ago moving here. My wife grew up here and it had already changed in the 10 years she was gone, but the full on move to progressive stupidity is here now. It always had a libertarian vibe, but that lost out to the progressives.

If you like over-priced everything, weed, homeless people, poor governance, traffic and low humidity- I have a house you can buy for an ungodly amount of money. Too many people to enjoy the outdoors. Not enough parking at trailheads, and trafffic year round going up to the mountains.

The_War_Wagon
05-21-21, 08:18
Rhodesian bush wars in the Rockies?! I'm not sure if I should bring popcorn or extra ammo! :cool:

https://i.ibb.co/ncwnvv3/Idaho3.jpg

Pikey
05-21-21, 09:14
Sorry, had Utah and Salt Lake City on my mind lately. Totally screwed the pooch 15 years ago moving here. My wife grew up here and it had already changed in the 10 years she was gone, but the full on move to progressive stupidity is here now. It always had a libertarian vibe, but that lost out to the progressives.

If you like over-priced everything, weed, homeless people, poor governance, traffic and low humidity- I have a house you can buy for an ungodly amount of money. Too many people to enjoy the outdoors. Not enough parking at trailheads, and trafffic year round going up to the mountains.

I’ve been to Denver twice. Once when I was a teenager as part of a trip to Philmont scout ranch and last fall as a week long stop over on my way to Utah. Denver reminds me more of California then anything else. Other people that I have talked to recently told me that the whole state is going that way.

My wife and myself went horseback riding and hiking the usual outdoor touristy stuff. It wasn’t as beautiful as I remember. We didn’t smoke any weed the homeless people in Denver made my wife nervous. We did enjoy some brewery’s, but Utah actually had better breweries. I have no plans to go back. Utah I don’t think that we can get back soon enough.

When I was teenager I kept hearing the idea of California having a big earthquake and falling off into the pacific and floating away to become there own communist island. That’s probably the only thing that can save use from the cancer that seems to be spreading from there.

Texas is also trying to get legislation put in place by November so that they can vote on becoming their own Nation. Long shot for sure.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-21-21, 22:14
I dont know why people would move here to live 20 miles from downtown and seemingly closer to Kansas than the mountains. Outside the ‘225’ loop, it is nothing but suburban suburbs that aren’t distinct from Chicago, Cincinnati, or California. All with houses 2x what it costs in the Midwest.

That Utah has better beer is saying something. We’ve got about 10 years till we could retire on the early side. I’m going to be pushing to wife for SLC for a few more years of working to sock away some cash before really retiring.

Pikey
05-23-21, 18:27
I dont know why people would move here to live 20 miles from downtown and seemingly closer to Kansas than the mountains. Outside the ‘225’ loop, it is nothing but suburban suburbs that aren’t distinct from Chicago, Cincinnati, or California. All with houses 2x what it costs in the Midwest.

That Utah has better beer is saying something. We’ve got about 10 years till we could retire on the early side. I’m going to be pushing to wife for SLC for a few more years of working to sock away some cash before really retiring.

The weather is nicer in Denver than Chicago or Cincinnati. There are a few places with low cost of living and decent wages, Kanas City Mo is one of them. But the weather is horrible.

Firefly
05-23-21, 19:53
I wish we could secede a part of America where it is like “America Throwback” or “Retro America” where no bullshit is allowed. It’d be like that Black Mirror episode San Junipero where it is always the 80s and 90s. The suburbs are boring and predictable, the urban areas are some Gordon Gecko stuff, and there are plots of land solely for hunting and shooting.
The police are retro too. Old class As with leather Sam Browne belts and Model 10s who hand out lollipops to kids and give people directions. They also drive 1988 LTDs

There is no rap on the radio except like non threatening stuff from the 80s. Also no gay shit except like if both chicks are hot and mostly bi.

No riff raff. No dreamers. No thugs. No weirdoes. Just skate parks and water parks with no thugs lowering the tone.

Vice City without the Vice.

If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

05-23-21, 20:03
I wish we could secede a part of America where it is like “America Throwback” or “Retro America” where no bullshit is allowed. It’d be like that Black Mirror episode San Junipero where it is always the 80s and 90s. The suburbs are boring and predictable, the urban areas are some Gordon Gecko stuff, and there are plots of land solely for hunting and shooting.
The police are retro too. Old class As with leather Sam Browne belts and Model 10s who hand out lollipops to kids and give people directions. They also drive 1988 LTDs

There is no rap on the radio except like non threatening stuff from the 80s. Also no gay shit except like if both chicks are hot and mostly bi.

No riff raff. No dreamers. No thugs. No weirdoes. Just skate parks and water parks with no thugs lowering the tone.

Oh man! I would love that. Those were the good years.

tehpwnag3
05-23-21, 22:50
Would move there tomorrow.

Pikey
05-24-21, 15:13

You paint a pretty picture.

I travel for work a lot in a rv. Mostly power plant work mostly in out of the way areas. Saturday I was driving through southern Illinois on my way to northern Wisconsin area. I was thinking about Illinois most of the state is very rural but it’s controlled by Chicago. Even California is like that to a lesser extent. A very large percentage of the United States is rural the people that live in these places are not liberal and they don’t like what’s happening. Although not as nice as what you’re talking about. If we could just secede from the population centers that would be a start.

titsonritz
05-24-21, 16:17

I travel for work a lot in a rv. Mostly power plant work mostly in out of the way areas. Saturday I was driving through southern Illinois on my way to northern Wisconsin area. I was thinking about Illinois most of the state is very rural but it’s controlled by Chicago. Even California is like that to a lesser extent. A very large percentage of the United States is rural the people that live in these places are not liberal and they don’t like what’s happening. Although not as nice as what you’re talking about. If we could just secede from the population centers that would be a start.

Same with Oregon. If Antifa razes Portland the state will instantly turn red overnight.

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-24-21, 20:22

Sign me up!

Having spent time in IL, Southern Illinois starts at Kankakee. It is amazing how sparsely populated south of I-70 Illinois is.

JoshNC
05-25-21, 07:14

The main issue is that each state should have had an electoral college for state-level politics. That way the urban centers could never completely run the state.

Firefly
05-25-21, 08:02
The main issue is that each state should have had an electoral college for state-level politics. That way the urban centers could never completely run the state.

This.

People don’t understand how conservative New York State actually is but it gets crushed by NYC. Same with California.

ChattanoogaPhil
05-25-21, 08:47
The America I live in isn't the cesspool of human debris portrayed by the media. I can't change the world nor do I fret over it. I live in my space relatively free of the things mentioned earlier. Boys, turn off the damn TV and go for a hike in the woods with yer dog.

Speaking of New York... this is my wife's side of the family near Camillus.

https://i.imgur.com/6LqHeWu.png

Pikey
05-25-21, 10:19
This.

People don’t understand how conservative New York State actually is but it gets crushed by NYC. Same with California.

Perfect example. Forty five miles away from any of the city’s and you are in the middle of no where. Jeff Foxworthy hit the nail on the head with “you might be an upstate New Yorker if”. I see this happening in the south eastern US as well. Raleigh/Durham population is exploding with people from all over the world it’s just a matter of time before NC is crushed. Tennessee with Nashville and now Chattanooga.

Diamondback
05-25-21, 14:23
Perfect example. Forty five miles away from any of the city’s and you are in the middle of no where. Jeff Foxworthy hit the nail on the head with “you might be an upstate New Yorker if”. I see this happening in the south eastern US as well. Raleigh/Durham population is exploding with people from all over the world it’s just a matter of time before NC is crushed. Tennessee with Nashville and now Chattanooga.

As was so wisely said, this is why we needed Electoral Colleges at a State level too--and a system where, as at the Federal level, the Senate represents county govs and the House the populace.

HKGuns
05-25-21, 14:27
As was so wisely said, this is why we needed Electoral Colleges at a State level too--and a system where, as at the Federal level, the Senate represents county govs and the House the populace.

This becomes even more important when corrupt election workers in these large cities are so eager to commit election fraud. We truly don't know how long this crap has been going on and it took this last election to bring the obvious cheating to the forefront.