PDA

View Full Version : ARMY OF THE DEAD (Review)

WillBrink
05-24-21, 08:31
Seen one zombie movie, you seen them all, and that is how it feels watching Army Of The Dead and why I watch so few of them. Lots of graphic shots of heads exploding (cuz everyone knows only killing the brain stops zombies in an already dead creature...), standardized and generic plot, mix of generic characters, and of course a dad just trying to make good with his head strong daughter between exploding zombie heads. Good visuals and action scenes, an un dead tiger, and it is The Walking Dead meets Zombie Land kinda feel with Vegas theme, and harmless fun if you are a fan of generic zombie movies. B-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI1JGPhYBS8

Alex V
05-24-21, 08:43
Watched it on Saturday night.

Sometimes you just need mindless entertainment. I like the zombie leader idea they kinda lifted from I Am Legend.

rushca01
05-24-21, 09:00
I watched it Saturday night and wasn’t expecting much. There were good parts and of course the typical tropes.

I liked the “Area 51” theme at the beginning, I also liked the Alpha leader with the sacrifice to pass through their area, the safe cracker character was funny. Gun play was terrible ...i hate the multiple “click click click” when they’re empty. They never explained why the alphas had a “blue” fluorescent hue inside their brain and eyes. I typically really like Zach Snyder, I’m with Will solid B or B-.

WillBrink
05-24-21, 09:01

Sometimes you just need mindless entertainment. I like the zombie leader idea they kinda lifted from I Am Legend.

Entire movie pretty much lifted from the other thousand zombie movies really. As mindless entertainment with some good visuals, it succeeds. Otherwise, meh for me, but I am not a big fan of the zombie genre anyway.

robbins290
05-24-21, 09:45

Also land of the dead, they had a one kinda of charge directing other zombies. Its a pretty good zombie movie.

Alex V
05-24-21, 09:49
I watched it Saturday night and wasn’t expecting much. There were good parts and of course the typical tropes.

I liked the “Area 51” theme at the beginning, I also liked the Alpha leader with the sacrifice to pass through their area, the safe cracker character was funny. Gun play was terrible ...i hate the multiple “click click click” when they’re empty. They never explained why the alphas had a “blue” fluorescent hue inside their brain and eyes. I typically really like Zach Snyder, I’m with Will solid B or B-.

The click click click thing happens all the time, its really annoying. At one point someone in the movie was pointing a glock at the camera, pressed the trigger, gun went click THEN the slide locked back. Like WTF?

The way the movie ended I would imagine there being at least one sequel. Maybe we'll find out in the sequel?

Entire movie pretty much lifted from the other thousand zombie movies really. As mindless entertainment with some good visuals, it succeeds. Otherwise, meh for me, but I am not a big fan of the zombie genre anyway.

Sometimes you just need one of those movies where you can just drink a beer and not have to think.

WillBrink
05-24-21, 09:55
Sometimes you just need one of those movies where you can just drink a beer and not have to think.

As long as they dont totally suck, I am ok with that too.

Alex V
05-24-21, 10:00
As long as they dont totally suck, I am ok with that too.

With all these streaming services making their own content now there are so many crappy movies out there and I watch them all. Why? Because I love crappy movies lol.

Edit: crappy movies that have a theme based in some sort of action or violence.

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-24-21, 12:03
For those that aren't aware, this movie has been basically in the works since the release of Dawn of the Dead in 2004. I'm glad it finally got made and I didn't think it was too bad.

There were a lot of hiccups and roadblocks along the way, with a big one being Chris Delia being outed as a potential molester in 2020, after the movie was completed. His original character was the helicopter pilot, which had to be reshot on a green screen with the ugly lesbian that replaced him, and that took some time and millions of dollars.

I give it a solid B.

sl4mdaddy
05-24-21, 16:06
Recently watched it as well. I watch movies because I don't really 'want' to think but usually end up yelling at the TV anyway..."in the head, moron!"

I just want to be entertained, shoot-em-ups, good graphics or just something funny. Or old Westerns, can't go wrong there.

I'm starting to warm-up to Bautista as an actor, even though I think he's more left-leaning (someone check me on that...). I met him once years ago when I was working in a gym in NoVa, seemed to be a nice enough dude.

WillBrink
05-24-21, 16:15
Recently watched it as well. I watch movies because I don't really 'want' to think but usually end up yelling at the TV anyway..."in the head, moron!"

I just want to be entertained, shoot-em-ups, good graphics or just something funny. Or old Westerns, can't go wrong there.

I'm starting to warm-up to Bautista as an actor, even though I think he's more left-leaning (someone check me on that...). I met him once years ago when I was working in a gym in NoVa, seemed to be a nice enough dude.

While his part was short lived, he did a solid job in a Blade Runner 2049, and demonstrated he can act. That he's also in the new Dune in another major "real" movie, suggest directors and such have found he can act. Seems like a really cool guy all around from what I gather.

JediGuy
05-24-21, 17:37
At one point someone in the movie was pointing a glock at the camera, pressed the trigger, gun went click THEN the slide locked back. Like WTF?

My wife said I imagined that. I feel vindicated.

A friend recommended Saturday morning, so I went into it optimistically that evening. I was soundly disappointed, probably due to my optimism.

C+

Didn’t care about the characters. Liked the Area 51 beginning, though. The montage of escaping Vegas was cool. Bautista does a good job. That blue light has room for explanation... It seemed like they may have been going for a bit of the original I Am Legend short story theme.
It wasn’t the worst movie ever, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch another. I guess I usually feel about the same after any Snyder movie.
The ending wasn’t a surprise, but I thought well enough done.

Alex V
05-24-21, 17:49
My wife said I imagined that. I feel vindicated.

A friend recommended Saturday morning, so I went into it optimistically that evening. I was soundly disappointed, probably due to my optimism.

C+

Didn’t care about the characters. Liked the Area 51 beginning, though. The montage of escaping Vegas was cool. Bautista does a good job. That blue light has room for explanation... It seemed like they may have been going for a bit of the original I Am Legend short story theme.
It wasn’t the worst movie ever, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to watch another. I guess I usually feel about the same after any Snyder movie.
The ending wasn’t a surprise, but I thought well enough done.

I was several beers in and started yelling at the screen. Wife gave me a dirty look lol. Not imagined, it was, so far, the dumbest gun related thing I have ever seen in a movie. I’m used to the multiple clicks on striker fired guns while the slide is back. I’m used to never ending magazines. I’m even used to cocking the hammer on a Glock, but this was a new level of WTF for me.

Circle_10
05-24-21, 18:27
Started much stronger than it ended in my opinion. Worst character was the stupid daughter. Honestly the whole quarantine camp side plot was felt forced and unnecessary. It also seemed stupid to even house “quarantainees” that close to Vegas in the first place. If there’s a breach, and a zombie gets into the camp, with all those people packed in there, you run the risk of a serious outbreak that may quickly spiral out of control. Another reason why it’s stupid is even shown in the film - because if you decide to bomb the place, now you’ve gotta move the camp.
The “ugly lesbian” helicopter pilot actually came across as believable in the role in my opinion and no reference to her sexuality was made so she could just as easily be some older grizzled straight woman who’s just lived really rough. The cigar chomping was a bit cliched though.

All in all “Meh” out of 10.

MikhailBarracuda91
05-24-21, 18:49
The fiance and I tried to watch it. We're both pretty big fans of the zombie/horror movie genre. Especially stuff like Evil Dead. But it got to a point where we just said "nah" the acting is so terrible lol! And everyone was so woke in the movie.

Bautista is an avid anti gunner anyway, screw him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tehpwnag3
05-24-21, 20:03
The Glock hammer cock sound effect thing is now common to the point where my wife calls it out on my behalf.

I was several beers in and started yelling at the screen. Wife gave me a dirty look lol. Not imagined, it was, so far, the dumbest gun related thing I have ever seen in a movie. I’m used to the multiple clicks on striker fired guns while the slide is back. I’m used to never ending magazines. I’m even used to cocking the hammer on a Glock, but this was a new level of WTF for me.

Straight Shooter
05-24-21, 20:07
[QUOTE=WillBrink;2952077]While his part was short lived, he did a solid job in a Blade Runner 2049, and demonstrated he can act. That he's also in the new Dune in another major "real" movie, suggest directors and such have found he can act. Seems like a really cool guy all around from what I gather.
Dude is WACKADOO leftist. Cant stand him actually- if I ever see it, itll be in few years for free somewhere.
He talked A LOT of shit not only about Trump, but his supporters..ME...too. I dont need NOTHIN he's sellin.
This aint nothin on YOU, Will, fyi. You did ask.

rushca01
05-24-21, 20:08
Started much stronger than it ended in my opinion. Worst character was the stupid daughter. Honestly the whole quarantine camp side plot was felt forced and unnecessary. It also seemed stupid to even house “quarantainees” that close to Vegas in the first place. If there’s a breach, and a zombie gets into the camp, with all those people packed in there, you run the risk of a serious outbreak that may quickly spiral out of control. Another reason why it’s stupid is even shown in the film - because if you decide to bomb the place, now you’ve gotta move the camp.
The “ugly lesbian” helicopter pilot actually came across as believable in the role in my opinion and no reference to her sexuality was made so she could just as easily be some older grizzled straight woman who’s just lived really rough. The cigar chomping was a bit cliched though.

All in all “Meh” out of 10.

I actually thought the heli pilot was well acted and written. The character reminded of one of the characters from a Lucas Arts adventure games like Full Throttle from the 90’s. The lady with the bandana was a homage to “Vasquez” from Aliens, I thought that was cool too.

CRAMBONE
05-25-21, 00:51
I like the zombie leader idea they kinda lifted from I Am Legend.

Didn’t the old Charlton Heston movie (Omega Man?) have the same idea? The dead or creatures or whatever had a leader?

And yeah I got over Bautista as soon as he made the comments about how he doesn’t need a gun to make him feel like a man.

JediGuy
05-25-21, 05:45
Didn’t the old Charlton Heston movie (Omega Man?) have the same idea? The dead or creatures or whatever had a leader?

And yeah I got over Bautista as soon as he made the comments about how he doesn’t need a gun to make him feel like a man.

Omega Man was based on I Am Legend.

CRAMBONE
05-25-21, 08:53
Omega Man was based on I Am Legend.

So the Will Smith I Am Legend was a remake or was it a book?

ETA: Didn’t know that I Am Legend was a novel released in 1954. The novel was a success and was adapted into the films The Last Man on Earth (1964), The Omega Man (1971), and I Am Legend (2007).

Red*Lion
05-25-21, 08:59
I love zombie movies and this one was good.

Straight Shooter
05-25-21, 09:31
Deleted.

SteyrAUG
05-25-21, 21:10
Pass. If I need a zombie movie I'm doing World War Z or Zack Snyders "Dawn of the Dead."

Everything else is dead to me.

lowprone
05-25-21, 21:14
You won't be laughing when everyone who took the shot dies than comes back as Zombie's with a bad attitude and a M4 !

Circle_10
05-26-21, 06:37
Pass. If I need a zombie movie I'm doing World War Z or Zack Snyders "Dawn of the Dead."

Everything else is dead to me.

World War Z had a lot of faults, both as an adaptation of the source material and as a film in its own right.

Alex V
05-26-21, 07:30
World War Z had a lot of faults, both as an adaptation of the source material and as a film in its own right.

I like the way the book was structured more but I am not sure how it would work as a movie... maybe a mini-series?

chuckman
05-26-21, 07:34

I didn't even know who he was until my son drug me to the theater to see Guardians of the Galaxy, a role which I really liked. But I don't think he's "actor" enough for me to look out for movies he is in.

JediGuy
05-26-21, 07:54
So the Will Smith I Am Legend was a remake or was it a book?

ETA: Didn’t know that I Am Legend was a novel released in 1954. The novel was a success and was adapted into the films The Last Man on Earth (1964), The Omega Man (1971), and I Am Legend (2007).

I realized this a few years back and enjoyed the book quite a bit. Worth reading.

Circle_10
05-26-21, 09:05
I like the way the book was structured more but I am not sure how it would work as a movie... maybe a mini-series?

Trying to keep the same format for a film probably would be very difficult but in the case of the WWZ film they basically kept the same title and that was it. Pretty much nothing at all from the book made it into the film.
From what I’ve heard the movie had a troubled development and the script was subjected to a number of revisions.

WillBrink
05-26-21, 09:14
I didn't even know who he was until my son drug me to the theater to see Guardians of the Galaxy, a role which I really liked. But I don't think he's "actor" enough for me to look out for movies he is in.

He is good enough not to ruin a movie, and due to his looks, limited by what he can play, but per prior post he is getting cast in serious movies such as Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune, both Denis Villeneuve films.

OH58D
05-26-21, 19:57
I haven't seen it yet, but the refugee camp scenes were filmed in New Mexico. I know at least a dozen people who were background talent during those scenes. All described some long shooting days, but everyone enjoyed the experience.

SteyrAUG
05-26-21, 22:19

Sure. But it's one of the few I can rewatch from time to time.

Boy Scout
05-29-21, 05:17
Meh, it was fun enough. Sure, some stupid gunplay, a lot of full auto headshots, a couple decent mag changes, the hand-to-hand choreography was pretty good, the kit was respectable...it is what it is.

Bautista is a douchecanoe lefty...

There's some wokeism but I didn't feel like it beat me over the head...

I saw the Glock slide lock back moment and laughed and shook my head...

The "making of" was fairly neat and I thought that Snyder's cinematography was great. The sets and VFX landscape were hella cool.

I was wondering and confused about the "blue eye" thing as well - I think it either didn't need to be in there or explained more but whatevs.

I got paid to watch it at work so it was worth killing a couple hours.

ETA: Oh, and I really want to see World War Z made into a movie/miniseries. The book was perfect the way it was. In fact, I may need to read it again.

Jellybean
05-29-21, 12:47
Just save a few brain cells and watch this... :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC1LiBBkDdo

Seriously, I am just f***ing OVER the whole "aSsEmBlE a TeAm oF RaNdoMs" format. Dude is super rich, you're telling me he can't hire some Delta guys from the CIA or like, Blackwater or something? You know, coherent groups of people with provable skillsets to ensure mission success, oh no, let's pin our millions we're desperate to reclaim on 'the Village People with guns'...
:rolleyes:
Also, why do all these ex-high-speed dudes always work in diners? I'd find it more believable (and funnier) if he was consulting for some fortune 500 company in a suit, or he's just like a PR guy, cuz the Corp. wanted a high-speed as the 'face of the company' because everyone read his book about his battle exploits and he's super famous, but just sick to death of it all...

Like, I could buy it if Rich Dude had already hired some high-speeds, but wanted to get his old buddy on the team because he either doesn't entirely trust the doorkickers he's hired, or needs Buddy to secure some sort of incriminating evidence that only he can be entrusted with or something...

Also, on that note, Rich Dude is like...WAY trusting, I mean you're sending average randos with backpacks to get the money... what's stop them from taking off with it? Or stash it somewhere and then say "oh no kind sir, it was unrecoverable due to the nuke. So sorry sir, we just couldn't get there in time cuz zombies and had to pull out before the big booma dropped..."
I mean, really...

WillBrink
05-29-21, 14:16
Just save a few brain cells and watch this... :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC1LiBBkDdo

Seriously, I am just f***ing OVER the whole "aSsEmBlE a TeAm oF RaNdoMs" format. Dude is super rich, you're telling me he can't hire some Delta guys from the CIA or like, Blackwater or something? You know, coherent groups of people with provable skillsets to ensure mission success, oh no, let's pin our millions we're desperate to reclaim on 'the Village People with guns'...
:rolleyes:
Also, why do all these ex-high-speed dudes always work in diners? I'd find it more believable (and funnier) if he was consulting for some fortune 500 company in a suit, or he's just like a PR guy, cuz the Corp. wanted a high-speed as the 'face of the company' because everyone read his book about his battle exploits and he's super famous, but just sick to death of it all...

Like, I could buy it if Rich Dude had already hired some high-speeds, but wanted to get his old buddy on the team because he either doesn't entirely trust the doorkickers he's hired, or needs Buddy to secure some sort of incriminating evidence that only he can be entrusted with or something...

Also, on that note, Rich Dude is like...WAY trusting, I mean you're sending average randos with backpacks to get the money... what's stop them from taking off with it? Or stash it somewhere and then say "oh no kind sir, it was unrecoverable due to the nuke. So sorry sir, we just couldn't get there in time cuz zombies and had to pull out before the big booma dropped..."
I mean, really...

Vid was LOL worthy and spot on. Good mindless fun, some decent visuals/CGI, added nadda to the genre and from the big book of utterly generic tropes for zombie movies, the end.

vicious_cb
05-30-21, 23:46
Trailer looks like shit, like they tried to combine Suicide Squad and zombies together. Are there alot of scenes where it shows that girls can kill zombies just as good as the boys can? Rhetorical since every movie does these days.

Remember actual good zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead which was legitimately creepy? As I recall there was also a kick ass chick in that movie while not rubbing your face in intersectional feminism.

Firefly
05-31-21, 16:50
I am a VERY harsh critic of zombie movies. Most American Zombie films miss the point entirely. The appeal of Zombie films is watching society break down and crumble with the advent of lawlessness. In a way a chance to start anew, however briefly. The Italians know what they are doing because they focus on the spirituality or the mortality of gruesome former humans coming to eat you whole. They aren’t meant to be survived or beaten. It’s the whole memento mori aspect hence why they are so gross out gory.

Since Walking Dead, they try to make zombie stuff into soap operas with relationships and who is screwing who.

But not this. From the beginning credits to the end it felt like a video game. But in a good way.

In fact it felt like a wild, drunken session of Left 4 Dead 2. Past that it felt intentionally cheap. This isn’t some imax blockbuster. This is something to be watched at 2 am when nothing else is on. And the stereotypes add to the fun. The big guy, the jive black guy, the mysterious punkish French mercenary chick, the generic tomboy brunette, the dumbass daughter, the ostentatious guy who brought all bling guns, the gay German twink into scheisse yaoi comics, the douchebag with the fancy military shit, and the chain smoking butch lesbian pilot who was in ‘Nam.

It’s like every internet weirdo was told to make their guy for the game and they did out of a mish mash of stuff they thought was cool or would be funny.

Everybody pissing and crying over the gravitas of the film missed the point. This isn’t the Wild Bunch with zombies. This is a buncha randos on a server playing Objective missions and having setbacks.

I found it refreshing because it didn’t force me to care or figure anything out.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-31-21, 19:03
I made it about an hour in because of the American Werewolf in London references. Totally lost interest because I didn't care about anyone in the movie. One lady was a complete nothing burger and they made her pledge her love to the big doofus guy just so they could twist her head off. It was lame.

Firefly
05-31-21, 19:40
I cared about these two characters for very obvious reasons:

https://aotd21.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Lily-The-Coyote-Nora-Arnezeder-Army-of-the-Dead-Netflix-8.jpg

http://aotd21.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Marianne-Peters-Tig-Notaro-Army-of-the-Dead-Netflix.jpg

I could very much see one being my wife and the other my mistress in our country home by the lake.

SteyrAUG
05-31-21, 19:51
Trailer looks like shit, like they tried to combine Suicide Squad and zombies together. Are there alot of scenes where it shows that girls can kill zombies just as good as the boys can? Rhetorical since every movie does these days.

Remember actual good zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead which was legitimately creepy? As I recall there was also a kick ass chick in that movie while not rubbing your face in intersectional feminism.

Yeah, the nurse. But rather than making her wonder woman, she was just another person doing the best she could with what she had.

Firefly
05-31-21, 20:06
Yeah, the nurse. But rather than making her wonder woman, she was just another person doing the best she could with what she had.

The gold standard remains Dawn of the Dead 78

Two SWAT police Chads taking over a mall using M16A1s. Pretty ninja.

The remake was okay but the Zombie baby took me out for a second. Plus the dumbass girl and her dog. The Battle Bus was cool as was Bolt Action Hollywood squares.

But overall it parodied and satirized where the world was at the time. The beginning intro with the Muslims bowing and the news people not knowing anything had 9/11 vibes. It was very much a Bush era film. It wasn’t so much about the zombies as it was that angst and loathing.

In a way, Army of the Dead does the same thing. Yeah there is woke tokenism but none of them are safe. They aren’t heroes. None of them. That was the point. I mean BIG DUH, look at the setting. Las Vegas.

They all gambled hoping to better themselves and lost their shirts. That was the total BRILLIANCE of this film. This is Zack Snyder here. There are layers.

At first the abrupt ending had me perplexed until I realized….yeah the black guy “won” and had money but he caught an incurable disease.

It was a rough weekend in Vegas for a bunch of losers. It was Biden era Swingers. And WE NEEDED THIS.

The backdrop was alternately ethereal and desolate. Lots of Spec Ops the Line and Fallout New Vegas vibes. Some of you are just too old or too normie to capesce how wonderfully subversive this film was.

The Dumb Gun Collector
05-31-21, 21:07
I could very much see one being my wife and the other my mistress in our country home by the lake.

You are going to have to be one persuasive dude to bag old Tig Notaro!

Five_Point_Five_Six
05-31-21, 21:10
Some of you are just too old or too normie to capesce how wonderfully subversive this film was.

I bet if you took a poll, the same dudes didn't understand what a masterpiece Joker truly was.

Firefly
05-31-21, 21:26
I bet if you took a poll, the same dudes didn't understand what a masterpiece Joker truly was.

Joker was absolutely a piece of art. It couldn’t have been made before or after.

The politicians can try to ban guns, speech, and even our freedom of association.

But you really cannot rule someone with the right sense of humor

Firefly
05-31-21, 21:30
You are going to have to be one persuasive dude to bag old Tig Notaro!

She wouldn’t have been the most butch who ever fell for me…..

Twilk73
06-04-21, 01:15
This movie sucked. The story was barely hanging together, the cast felt like it was better suited for an oceans eleven knock off. Nothing made sense and the gun play was so bad I felt like not a single character ever handled a gun before or even seen one before this role. The only thing I liked was the over view of the city.

Wtf did they keep shooting the master zombie in his metal head. And the spark graphics for that, wow. This was like a Hollywood b movie. I can't believe this movie took so long and cost so much to make it was literally trash and I really like dumb shitty movie.

It took me three days to watch it all. I just finished it and I started they movie on the release day. I kept telling myself it's going to get good. When they entered the city and that tiger showed up I actually thought it was going to. But it didn't it actually got worse.

SteyrAUG
06-04-21, 02:42
The gold standard remains Dawn of the Dead 78

Two SWAT police Chads taking over a mall using M16A1s. Pretty ninja.

The remake was okay but the Zombie baby took me out for a second. Plus the dumbass girl and her dog. The Battle Bus was cool as was Bolt Action Hollywood squares.

But overall it parodied and satirized where the world was at the time. The beginning intro with the Muslims bowing and the news people not knowing anything had 9/11 vibes. It was very much a Bush era film. It wasn’t so much about the zombies as it was that angst and loathing.

In a way, Army of the Dead does the same thing. Yeah there is woke tokenism but none of them are safe. They aren’t heroes. None of them. That was the point. I mean BIG DUH, look at the setting. Las Vegas.

They all gambled hoping to better themselves and lost their shirts. That was the total BRILLIANCE of this film. This is Zack Snyder here. There are layers.

At first the abrupt ending had me perplexed until I realized….yeah the black guy “won” and had money but he caught an incurable disease.

It was a rough weekend in Vegas for a bunch of losers. It was Biden era Swingers. And WE NEEDED THIS.

The backdrop was alternately ethereal and desolate. Lots of Spec Ops the Line and Fallout New Vegas vibes. Some of you are just too old or too normie to capesce how wonderfully subversive this film was.

And the original you love was Romero talking about how consumerism made us all mindless zombies, that's why it happened at a mall. So it was also parody and satire, although not as well done but remakes can always build on existing ideas so direct comparisons are never really fair.

In my youth, I loved the Romero films, then I learned to despise them for the counter culture hogwash they were intended to be. My 12 year old self can still watch them from time to time.

Snyder, IMO reset the bar in a way that hadn't been done since John Carpenter remade "The Thing." You hate the girl and her dog, fine I love the girl who was the lingerie whore for Steve. It's all a trade off. Also Snyder zombies RAN, and if I'm not mistaken it was the first time and holy shit did that change things.

I dug things like Mall Security guards being the ones to form a plan when not lamenting the death of the fat chick at Dairy Queen. I dug the cop who was one of the first to realize "this ain't my job anymore, that shit is gone." I dug that people still gave a crap about their custom coffee blend even when the world has come to an end. I dug that Andy thought he was gonna rip zombie ass (and did pretty good from the rooftops) but got taken down by lack of pop tarts.

I also like how the film just went ahead and started without explaining anything to anyone. Everything was good and suddenly you are driving down the road past exploding gas stations (and long shot btw, no CGI on that one). I also love that it took another director to deliver the perfect version of a Romero film.

As for Army of the Dead, it was too much "Oceans Zombies" for me. I popped smoke.

Of the original Romero trilogy, Dawn of the Dead is really the only one that mattered except for the original which got played out hard with it's standard viewing every Halloween. I was the logical choice for a remake. Certainly Day of the Dead wasn't and Land of the Dead was so damn awful Romero should have killed himself.

Firefly
06-04-21, 08:26
Land of the Dead was absolutely brilliant. It was Romero’s reply to the Bush era as well.

I know it upset people when they were like “the zombies are just looking for a place to go”.

It was true. Aside from the raiding of towns, the zombies had indeed had a place to go. They were in their towns and were sort of re-living their former lives.

I even liked Diary of the Dead. It was less “Blair Witch” and more 84 Charlie MoPic. It wasn’t Romero’s best, and I consider Land of the Dead to be his truly final Dead film, but Diary of the Dead was interesting. I remember watching it on my laptop with headphones forever ago and still feel like that is the best way. It’s not something you watch on a home theatre. It’s a digital film for the digital age.

And I liked the counter culture vibes because it was the breath of fresh air. Day of the Dead was still my favorite.

But it wasn’t “oceans 11 with zombies”, sir. It was very much Swingers with zombies. You thought you were getting a heist film? Ha! You got taught a lesson.

I half expected a loading screen where a little like of text came across the screen “Do you feel like a hero yet?” after the helicopter crashed and for the girl to get on the radio and say wearily “Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai”.

I know everything is pozzed and communist propaganda but life is short, death is forever and I had fun watching my movie

SteyrAUG
06-04-21, 18:32
But it wasn’t “oceans 11 with zombies”, sir. It was very much Swingers with zombies. You thought you were getting a heist film? Ha! You got taught a lesson.

I meant it was as boring and tedious as Oceans. Sucked.

And the thing I hated MOST about LAND of the Dead was Romero changed the rules. Now zombies were "kinda lucid" and it became a story about displaced people. F that. They are dead. Die ZOMBIE Die.

The place for Romero zombies is on the burning pile of head shot Romero zombies. That we'd try and create a buffer zone and coexist with the walking dead? Are you insane? That was just a shot at gated communities and how rich, white people view the rest of the world. Romero needs to F off and take that shit walking.

If we could establish an island haven, we'd quickly retake major land masses. We sure as shit wouldn't leave it up to natural barriers and fences. It was his most retarded, least thought out, clear as glass with the propaganda film he ever made. Any residual respect I had for Romero was lost with that film. He destroyed his franchise like Lucas with a new CGI program.

Firefly
06-04-21, 20:37
I meant it was as boring and tedious as Oceans. Sucked.

And the thing I hated MOST about LAND of the Dead was Romero changed the rules. Now zombies were "kinda lucid" and it became a story about displaced people. F that. They are dead. Die ZOMBIE Die.

The place for Romero zombies is on the burning pile of head shot Romero zombies. That we'd try and create a buffer zone and coexist with the walking dead? Are you insane? That was just a shot at gated communities and how rich, white people view the rest of the world. Romero needs to F off and take that shit walking.

If we could establish an island haven, we'd quickly retake major land masses. We sure as shit wouldn't leave it up to natural barriers and fences. It was his most retarded, least thought out, clear as glass with the propaganda film he ever made. Any residual respect I had for Romero was lost with that film. He destroyed his franchise like Lucas with a new CGI program.

Wow. Okay I guess you are one of the video game zombie fans. Nothing wrong with that at all. When I say video game zombie fans, I mean not so much literal games but the whole “what guns, where do we go, etc” aspect. Perfectly fine but that’s not what I like.

I am more of the allegory fan. And that’s why Land of the Dead is so bloody awesome. NYC, if you’ve ever been, can be either the most awesome place in the world or a total shit box. If you have enough money it’s great. It’s highly convenient. You can live in a literal ivory tower where you don’t even have to leave the building. Ever.

Meanwhile there are places where rats as huge as cats come up out your toilets and the violent crime is insane. Meanwhile the zombies were all for one another. Plus the thinking zombies had precedence going back to Dawn of the Dead. Day of the Dead especially. With Bub.

Land of the Dead touched on the talking points of terrorism, the Patriot Act, AIDS, and the fact that classism always exists. Pretty apt.

I mean, maybe I am not the most Republican Republican. I do have some liberal beliefs (not many…)

But I like films of zeitgeist. Those are the time capsules. Like aside from Snyder Cut Superfriends, Dark Knight, or Watchmen; I never rewatch the junky and lame superhero movies.

Honestly I don’t even care about Platoon as about Vietnam. It was the tale of an ingenue who had a devil and an angel on each shoulder.

But remember I am the guy who watches Thin Red Line at least every few months and cannot stand Saving Private Ryan. The film is revolting.

The definitive WWII film will of course always be Cross of Iron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye9J4nQrz5s

SteyrAUG
06-04-21, 21:58
Wow. Okay I guess you are one of the video game zombie fans. Nothing wrong with that at all. When I say video game zombie fans, I mean not so much literal games but the whole “what guns, where do we go, etc” aspect. Perfectly fine but that’s not what I like.

I am more of the allegory fan. And that’s why Land of the Dead is so bloody awesome. NYC, if you’ve ever been, can be either the most awesome place in the world or a total shit box. If you have enough money it’s great. It’s highly convenient. You can live in a literal ivory tower where you don’t even have to leave the building. Ever.

Meanwhile there are places where rats as huge as cats come up out your toilets and the violent crime is insane. Meanwhile the zombies were all for one another. Plus the thinking zombies had precedence going back to Dawn of the Dead. Day of the Dead especially. With Bub.

Land of the Dead touched on the talking points of terrorism, the Patriot Act, AIDS, and the fact that classism always exists. Pretty apt.

I mean, maybe I am not the most Republican Republican. I do have some liberal beliefs (not many…)

But I like films of zeitgeist. Those are the time capsules. Like aside from Snyder Cut Superfriends, Dark Knight, or Watchmen; I never rewatch the junky and lame superhero movies.

Honestly I don’t even care about Platoon as about Vietnam. It was the tale of an ingenue who had a devil and an angel on each shoulder.

But remember I am the guy who watches Thin Red Line at least every few months and cannot stand Saving Private Ryan. The film is revolting.

So what I liked about Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead" was the story, for all the reasons noted. Can't stand most zombie flicks, gamer mode ruins most of them. I hated "Way of the Gun" because it was a shitty movie about shitty people I could never care about, but because it had Galil's and some basic weapons handling lots of people loved it.

And yeah the Ivory Tower idea you loved is what made me hate the film. Romero has a hard on for the white middle class folks and never misses a chance to shit on them and portray them as ivory tower folks in gated communities when in fact that is where he and Hopper actual reside. So F'em both.

WWII flicks? That's a tough one for me. I liked the landing scene from Saving Private Ryan because it was the first time people saw a more or less realistic depiction of what some of their grandfathers actually did. I prefer Band of Brothers because it was a true accounting of events and those guys needed to have their stories told.

And yeah, I've loved Cross of Iron since I first saw it in theaters. But you have to add in Tora, Tora, Tora, A Bridge Too Far and about a dozen other films.

I think I liked Snyder's "Dawn of the Dead" because it is probably pretty close to what that kind of event would actually look like. I liked things like the fact that the military was obviously "still up" in some places but you had zero idea of what they were actually doing, just like it would be in real life.

m4hk33
06-04-21, 23:40
It was not bad but honestly I think that I am all Zombied out, I thought the first couple seasons of walking dead were fun, I like 28 days later, 28 weeks was ok. i though that World War Z was ok, but could of been way better. Some of the Romero stuff was good, I even really like the first resident evil, But most of the zombie stuff these days are cringe fest

SteyrAUG
06-05-21, 00:25
It was not bad but honestly I think that I am all Zombied out, I thought the first couple seasons of walking dead were fun, I like 28 days later, 28 weeks was ok. i though that World War Z was ok, but could of been way better. Some of the Romero stuff was good, I even really like the first resident evil, But most of the zombie stuff these days are cringe fest

TWD absolutely killed the genre. We shouldn't be surprised it was a live action comic book and not even the good kind, the gay kind meant for adults.

Firefly
06-05-21, 07:45
I don’t see where you’re getting the “whitey is bad” stuff from Romero movies. In fact in The Crazies (Original) the mayor is pissed the army is taking all the guns and loudly cites the unconstitutionality of it.

Dennis Hopper was very much meant to be a caricature of Donald Rumsfeld and the point was “America is not at war. The soldiers are at war. America is at the mall.”

The lower caste raiding parties go out and get stuff meanwhile the “well to do” aren’t even suffering a minor inconvenience.

I mean, it’s right up there with Day of the Dead in my book. In fact I watched Diary of the Dead again last night on my tablet and forgot how good it was.

Sometimes I just want to be entertained. Not everything has to be the last best hope of Conservative Thought.

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-05-21, 12:56
I don’t see where you’re getting the “whitey is bad” stuff from Romero movies. In fact in The Crazies (Original) the mayor is pissed the army is taking all the guns and loudly cites the unconstitutionality of it.

Dennis Hopper was very much meant to be a caricature of Donald Rumsfeld and the point was “America is not at war. The soldiers are at war. America is at the mall.”

The lower caste raiding parties go out and get stuff meanwhile the “well to do” aren’t even suffering a minor inconvenience.

I mean, it’s right up there with Day of the Dead in my book. In fact I watched Diary of the Dead again last night on my tablet and forgot how good it was.

Sometimes I just want to be entertained. Not everything has to be the last best hope of Conservative Thought.

If I were him, I'd just quit watching movies and tv shows.

Firefly
06-05-21, 13:27

Yep. Actually Diary of the Dead is awesome upon rewatch. It’s what Fear the Walking Dead wanted to be if it weren’t for the silliness.

The best way to watch it is on a Laptop or something for the immersion. The one teacher dude was in the Falklands or the Troubles or something. It was eerily prescient with the whole “social media” spiel

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-05-21, 16:26
Yep. Actually Diary of the Dead is awesome upon rewatch. It’s what Fear the Walking Dead wanted to be if it weren’t for the silliness.

The best way to watch it is on a Laptop or something for the immersion. The one teacher dude was in the Falklands or the Troubles or something. It was eerily prescient with the whole “social media” spiel

I don't want to drag my laptop out to the back of my property so I'm gonna pour myself a thermos mug of coffee, toss the MK18 on my lap, and watch Diary of the Dead tonight on my phone by the firepit.

SteyrAUG
06-05-21, 18:04

Mostly from the horses mouth. Romero likes to go on and on about how white "suburbia" are the real zombies when he talks about his films. I guess it put me off.

Firefly
06-05-21, 19:46
Mostly from the horses mouth. Romero likes to go on and on about how white "suburbia" are the real zombies when he talks about his films. I guess it put me off.

Stay the F away from Diary of the Dead then because black National Guardsmen from a predominantly black part of Pittsburgh end up giving our white survivors guns, ammo, and supplies as they try to get home.

And you DO realize of course that George Romero was personal friends with Mr. Fred Rogers himself, yes?

Romero gets actual people correct in his movies. Like Walking Dead thinks “actual people” are fat lesbians or gay black dudes with AIDS. But not Romero, everybody is normal and just wants to survive and the one time he did toss gay folks at us, they were hot lesbians.

Admittedly the man had some leftist leanings but his era of leftism was way more conservative than the leftism now. You’ll be shocked that Roman Catholicism also creeps into his movies from time to time. Oh No! Having spent a good deal of my youth in the mid-Atlantic, that’s not at all inaccurate for the region. (I’m Protestant, but it doesn’t bother me one iota)

You do know that most 80s hardbody porn people probably didn’t vote for Reagan either, yes? :p

SteyrAUG
06-06-21, 01:06

So it probably sounds otherwise, but I really enjoy most movies. Otherwise I wouldn't have a 10,000+ DVD library. But if I'm gonna render an opinion on a film or tv show, I try and have more than "it just sucked" or "it was so awesome." And sometimes, what the director or producer tried to sneak in when nobody was looking is so blatantly obvious it takes away from a film I might otherwise enjoy. I also think I really dislike Romero so I probably have a baseline bias against anything from him as a start point.

SteyrAUG
06-06-21, 04:03
Stay the F away from Diary of the Dead then because black National Guardsmen from a predominantly black part of Pittsburgh end up giving our white survivors guns, ammo, and supplies as they try to get home.

Trying to think why that would offend me.

And you DO realize of course that George Romero was personal friends with Mr. Fred Rogers himself, yes?

If you mean, Mr. Rogers, doesn't surprise me. That dude was more creepy than Romero.

Romero gets actual people correct in his movies. Like Walking Dead thinks “actual people” are fat lesbians or gay black dudes with AIDS. But not Romero, everybody is normal and just wants to survive and the one time he did toss gay folks at us, they were hot lesbians.

Admittedly the man had some leftist leanings but his era of leftism was way more conservative than the leftism now. You’ll be shocked that Roman Catholicism also creeps into his movies from time to time. Oh No! Having spent a good deal of my youth in the mid-Atlantic, that’s not at all inaccurate for the region. (I’m Protestant, but it doesn’t bother me one iota)

I'll give you that he is more talented than most people today. What drives me nuts isn't necessarily leftist politics, it's that he thinks he's so clever most won't notice. If a person is very, very talented I can overlook it, like in the case of Wes Craven. As a "for example" the execution scene in the beginning of "Last House on the Left" was intended to draw a parallel to the execution of Nguyen Van Lem in Vietnam it wasn't obvious but it was there. And while I may think Craven is a retard for trying to draw an equivalency between a biker gang executing a young female and the SVN military summarily executing a member of a VC death squad I can still enjoy his films because it wasn't blatant but more under the radar.

You do know that most 80s hardbody porn people probably didn’t vote for Reagan either, yes? :p

Sure but who cares who Peter North voted for. The important thing is when Erica Boyer stopped doing films and started her own businesses to grow her money, she relocated to South Florida because there are no state taxes compared to Cali. She also bought property in WPB due to Florida's homestead exemption laws so she was at least fiscally conservative and that is good enough for me.

Firefly
06-06-21, 06:39
We can disagree all day about Romero but Mr. Rogers was an American treasure. I heard during Korea he punched out a smartass Lieutenant at Inchon and was picking off ChiComs with a BAR. IDGAF about debunking it was real in my mind.

I will say that I watched that movie Reds in High School and liked it so YMMV

Five_Point_Five_Six
06-06-21, 10:21
So it probably sounds otherwise, but I really enjoy most movies. Otherwise I wouldn't have a 10,000+ DVD library. But if I'm gonna render an opinion on a film or tv show, I try and have more than "it just sucked" or "it was so awesome." And sometimes, what the director or producer tried to sneak in when nobody was looking is so blatantly obvious it takes away from a film I might otherwise enjoy. I also think I really dislike Romero so I probably have a baseline bias against anything from him as a start point.

Good grief. I wouldn't want 10,000 DVDs to have to store in my home or shop if they were free. I only have physical copies of a few movies like Heat, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales, the Bourne trilogy, and a couple others for those winter nights when the power goes out and the internet is down. Everything else is with a streaming service that can be accessed from anywhere.

I agree with you though that TWD was the worst thing to happen to Zombie film and tv. I watched the first season, then by the second all the normies had piled on for the ride and we had the great corporate Zombie invasion of 2011-2014 when Eotech made an optic with a biohazard reticle and Hogue starting making grips in Zombie Green. When Karen from HR and Gary from accounting are talking about TWD all Monday long, that's when it was all over.

I'm not trying to sound like a hipster "I was into that before it was mainstream" but there are some things that shouldn't be so popular, like Zombie entertainment.

And anime. I don't even like anime, in fact, I find it weird and most of the adults I've met who are into it are weird. You can watch anime as a teen and up until you turn 25 but after that you need to embrace the history channel and buy a meat smoker. But anime should never become mainstream.

Firefly
06-06-21, 11:20
Good grief. I wouldn't want 10,000 DVDs to have to store in my home or shop if they were free. I only have physical copies of a few movies like Heat, Unforgiven, The Outlaw Josey Wales, the Bourne trilogy, and a couple others for those winter nights when the power goes out and the internet is down. Everything else is with a streaming service that can be accessed from anywhere.

I agree with you though that TWD was the worst thing to happen to Zombie film and tv. I watched the first season, then by the second all the normies had piled on for the ride and we had the great corporate Zombie invasion of 2011-2014 when Eotech made an optic with a biohazard reticle and Hogue starting making grips in Zombie Green. When Karen from HR and Gary from accounting are talking about TWD all Monday long, that's when it was all over.

I'm not trying to sound like a hipster "I was into that before it was mainstream" but there are some things that shouldn't be so popular, like Zombie entertainment.

And anime. I don't even like anime, in fact, I find it weird and most of the adults I've met who are into it are weird. You can watch anime as a teen and up until you turn 25 but after that you need to embrace the history channel and buy a meat smoker. But anime should never become mainstream.

Oh great now THIS nickel is talking crap about anime. To be fair most of it is lame now but you will pry my dirty Chinese cartoons from my cold dead hands.

You DO have a point though. DVD collecting is kinda lame. Aside from select blu rays or Criterion discs; I don’t have many dvds. I only have a dvd if it is something super exceptional that I would wNt future generations to see.

Otherwise….I have one of these

https://www.amazon.com/12TB-Desktop-External-Drive-WDBBGB0120HBK-NESN/dp/B08KTSWHZB?th=1&psc=1

And download/rip stuff I paid for. No discs everywhere, no BS. My own personal Netflix. I recommend HDD over SSD for longevity.

I don’t really have much TV time and most of what I wanna watch I just rip. No internet no problems.

I keep my DVDs for posterity(the few I own) and just keep a few hard drives of Stargate SG-1, movies that don’t suck, and yes of course lots and lots of anime but only good stuff. Not moe shit.

Per Walking Dead the first season was really good. Then it got so gay and lame. I personally benefited financially from Walking Dead and it was sorta neat to see people into guns but again normies cannot be trusted with anything good

Jellybean
06-06-21, 16:18

Your poll would be wrong; I thought Joker was brilliant. I thought Taxi Cab Driver that everyone was comparing it to was far less brilliant then people try to make it out to be. Took me 2 days to suffer through that one...
Per the current on-topic movie I am just OVER derp-level hollywood regurgitations. There is a BIG difference between "mindless fun" and "oh God, let it end". Has less to do with politics for me than just sheer ugh-inducing derp.

Yes! Finally someone else that 'gets' that film.

Also, that "Demarcation" moment is right up there in the "top 10 anime betrayals" along with Col. Shepherd wasting Ghost... (If you know, you know).

Oh, now look what you've gone and done.... :laugh:

History channel is dead. I'd rather watch the anime; occasionally you can find hidden gems that mean something, or are at least pretty cool.
The problem with anime is everyone immediately equates it with the super-visible over-regurgitated crap every studio is churning out, because apparently they've learned that most folks will literally watch the same crap over and over with little to no variation, just like US-made MSM TV with their endless parade of cookie-cutter propagantastic Cop/Doctor/Judge/Lawyer/family sitcom crap.
Which is a shame, as anime is a medium is one of the few places left where, I think, has a lot of potential to go places traditional media can't. Not to mention, if you can draw it, it can exist, no need for high-budget costuming/set building/etc. of traditional film making. Really a medium that is long overdue for being pushed beyond "cute anime chicks doing slice of life things".

SteyrAUG
06-06-21, 22:40
We can disagree all day about Romero but Mr. Rogers was an American treasure. I heard during Korea he punched out a smartass Lieutenant at Inchon and was picking off ChiComs with a BAR. IDGAF about debunking it was real in my mind.

I will say that I watched that movie Reds in High School and liked it so YMMV

Wow, watched a Warren Beatty movie, that is rough.

SteyrAUG
06-06-21, 22:50

So most of them are pulled from cases and in 100 count cakes by genre. I collect films, so if I'm into 1930s horror I buy ALL OF THEM. I have a copy of the 1910 Edison Frankenstein just to have a complete collection. I probably have more silent films in my library than most folks have regular DVDs.

If I'm interested in 1950s sci fi then I have as complete a reference collection as possible. I really enjoy watching everything that was made in a given genre. I probably have 500 DVDs that I haven't had a chance to watch yet. I really don't do anything streaming. If they pull it, it's gone, but I still have my original version of Star Wars before Lucas added a bunch of CGI to it. I can watch it any time.

WWII films, you probably don't want to know. I have more than a few.

Yep, killed things as effectively as "Twilight" made anything vampires terrible and I love vampire films, although the Twilight series is noticeably absent from my collection. Sad because TWD actually started out strong, but once they left the CDC they basically ran out of effective material. When they started adding the Governer and other comic book bad guys it was hard to take. I watched it on and off until the "garbage people" and then it was time to bail.

Anime sorta creeps me out, especially really adult stuff and especially what looks like very young girls with fully matured bodies. I'm not sure who that audience is, but it isn't really me. I even had to bail on South Park eventually because I was a grown up and it was a cartoon even if it was the most politically accurate show on television.

gunrunner505
06-07-21, 17:07
Just finished it. Took a few days as I could only watch a little at a time. Entirely too long. They could have been done in 90 minutes. I give it a C, maybe.

Random dudes, assemble for a mission…….

ETA: The ending was stupid. We’re running for our lives to get to the choppa and we stop to have a little heartfelt moment there before dad hops on and we GTFO? Come on….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillBrink
06-08-21, 10:34
Anime sorta creeps me out, especially really adult stuff and especially what looks like very young girls with fully matured bodies. I'm not sure who that audience is, but it isn't really me. I even had to bail on South Park eventually because I was a grown up and it was a cartoon even if it was the most politically accurate show on television.

Many use anime and animation and interchangeable, anime being a specific style from japan, animation, being South Park and all the rest really. The stuff with little girls heads and womens body and such is meh, never liked it. Some Manga animation, such as Ghost in the Shell, Akira, and Appleseed and others are classics.

Adults that don't get how good animation can get, Love, Death & Robots on Netflix ends any doubts there. This one I would watch as a series any day and makes the movie in the OP look like garbage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FhP_rBFqyg

Trailer from that series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFwunMKa4E

Bubba FAL
06-09-21, 21:09
Just finished it. Took a few days as I could only watch a little at a time. Entirely too long. They could have been done in 90 minutes. I give it a C, maybe.

Random dudes, assemble for a mission…….

ETA: The ending was stupid. We’re running for our lives to get to the choppa and we stop to have a little heartfelt moment there before dad hops on and we GTFO? Come on….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree. First of all, it was July in Vegas and half of these clowns were in tank tops with no head coverings. Maybe they slathered on some SPF1000 before heading out. Yeah, they brought fuel, but did anyone drink any water?
It didn't seem like anyone could focus on the task at hand.
Oh yeah, did this take place in some alternate universe where suppressors were never invented? Nah we don't need noise discipline or to be able to hear each other.

Movie could have been at least a half hour shorter without all the relationship drama. The entire team was typically tactically inept, but they were supposedly skilled except for the dumbass daughter.

ViperTwoSix
06-27-21, 19:37
Ok, so not so great zombie movie, obviously not anyone’s favorite. But does anyone else notice the parallels to the current “state of the union?”

Government fabricated virus, people placed into “ quarantine,” walling off cities that the “hordes” have taken over as their “kingdom,” (Seattle or Portland ring a bell?) government using public business as a shell to conduct black ops… lieing to contractors/vets who are just in a hard spot doing something they would never do if they didn’t have any other options, the main character wearing and upside-down American flag on his plate carrier, nuking Vegas (then Biden comes out with his speech about F-15’s and nukes), emergence of a mutated virus (here comes the delta variant).

joedirt199
06-28-21, 12:37
One good thing about this movie is I acquired a newer 4K tv from my cousin because he thought his had a bad pixel while watching this movie. I was still using a 15 year old plasma when he needed me to help him pick up a new tv. I saw what was bothering him on his tv set up at his house and there is a bright dot on the guy's face while they are in the diner. We tried several different inputs and sources but could not get it to replicate. Cousin is swimming in money so no sweat on him to drop $2500 on a new tv so he gave me the "broke" one for free. Found out later it was a problem with a 4K camera when they made the movie. It worked fine on my old ass firestick at the same spot in the movie.

Tony617
07-01-21, 19:12
I remember the original that was released in 1978/1979,”Dawn of the Dead” that I saw when I was a teenager. When I was in high school in the early 1980s I was part of the midnight movies that showing at local movie theater on Saturday night. They also had Rocky Horror Picture Show, Pink Floyd, The Wall, and The Who’s, Tommy. I saw all of them and people knew the words for all of song in Rocky Horror Picture Show and they dressed up as their favorite characters too.