PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint ACRO P-2

mebiuspower
05-24-21, 11:50
https://youtu.be/Js8ni46NN80

Rogue556
05-24-21, 15:10
Well, better late than never I suppose. I'll likely throw my P1 on a dedicated training gun and run the P2 on my carry/nightstand gun... Unless of course Aimpoint has a trade in program of some kind for us P1 owners, but I highly doubt that.

WickedWillis
05-24-21, 16:50
THis looks like what they should have released originally. Good on Aimpoint, I still feel closed emitters are the future of EDC red dots.

titsonritz
05-24-21, 20:23
I'll continue to have high hopes but not diving in (this time either).

Snipe315
05-24-21, 21:46
Looks like Aimpoint addressed ALL of the issues and complaints raised with the ACRO P1.

-CR2032 Battery
-50,000 Hour Battery Life
-Brighter Dot
-More tactile elevation and windage adjustments
-Optional Lens Covers
-Same Size and Weight as previous version
-Same Price as original

m1a_scoutguy
05-24-21, 21:48
Well a afternoon with Aaron Cowan @ Sage Dynamics will tell us everything we need to know about the "new & improved" ACRO ! ;);)

mig1nc
05-25-21, 07:13
Looks like Aimpoint addressed ALL of the issues and complaints raised with the ACRO P1.

-CR2032 Battery
-50,000 Hour Battery Life
-Brighter Dot
-More tactile elevation and windage adjustments
-Optional Lens Covers
-Same Size and Weight as previous version
-Same Price as original

Same mounts too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamewarden
05-25-21, 08:09
Well a afternoon with Aaron Cowan @ Sage Dynamics will tell us everything we need to know about the "new & improved" ACRO ! ;);)

:rolleyes:

donlapalma
05-25-21, 09:10
Get ready for a flood of used P1s in the EE.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

SeriousStudent
05-25-21, 09:35
Get ready for a flood of used P1s in the EE.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

And I will be happy to snap them up. I like mine. I do have a pre-order in for a P2.

gamewarden
05-25-21, 09:50
I like mine too. Sold one of two I had keeping other and ordered P2 a few days ago.

mebiuspower
05-25-21, 11:49
https://youtu.be/P0G8DN3DyxM

Coal Dragger
05-25-21, 19:38
My P-1 has developed a habit of blinking out on occasion during firing. So it’s going back to Brownells if Aimpoint won’t fix it.

Aimpoint would do themselves a big big favor and just replace P-1’s automatically with a P-2 if a P-1 comes in for service.

mebiuspower
05-26-21, 11:35
Unlikely to happen. P-1 is not being discontinued ... yet.

BoringGuy45
05-27-21, 16:42
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Holosun 509. Any hard eta on the P2? Any reason to wait and pay an extra hundred for this other than the Aimpoint name?

mebiuspower
05-27-21, 17:06
Any hard eta on the P2?

late August

gamewarden
05-27-21, 17:55
I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Holosun 509. Any hard eta on the P2? Any reason to wait and pay an extra hundred for this other than the Aimpoint name?

It's more than a name. Get the Chinese 509...I'm sure you'll love it.

Alex V
05-27-21, 18:29
Looks like there will also be an ACRO C2 but I can’t find any info on it other than a blurb that it won’t be “military spec” (WE) like the P2 but it will have NV modes. So what’s the difference? Like H1/H2 vs T1/T2?

SeriousStudent
05-27-21, 18:35
Looks like there will also be an ACRO C2 but I can’t find any info on it other than a blurb that it won’t be “military spec” (WE) like the P2 but it will have NV modes. So what’s the difference? Like H1/H2 vs T1/T2?

I should be able to find out this weekend. I'll post more details,

GJM
05-27-21, 18:37
It's more than a name. Get the Chinese 509...I'm sure you'll love it.

I have multiple of each. Besides being less costly, the 509T is easier to conceal, has reticle options, a more usable display, and did have better battery life. The Acro feels more professional grade, and has higher quality glass.

gamewarden
05-27-21, 18:42
I have multiple of each. Besides being less costly, the 509T is easier to conceal, has reticle options, a more usable display, and did have better battery life. The Acro feels more professional grade, and has higher quality glass.

What do you mean by "more usable display"?

GJM
05-27-21, 18:57
What do you mean by "more usable display"?

gamewarden
05-27-21, 19:17
Do you shoot both eyes open and target focused?

GJM
05-27-21, 19:38
Do you shoot both eyes open and target focused?

I do. I have shot USPSA Carry Optics since it became a provisional division.

gamewarden
05-27-21, 21:17
I do. I have shot USPSA Carry Optics since it became a provisional division.

Excellent...then you get it.

mig1nc
05-28-21, 05:14

I noticed that last night browsing the website.

Looking at the specs I noticed two differences right away.

The P2 has better light transmission 70% vs 60%
The P2 has double the number of night vision settings.

mebiuspower
05-28-21, 05:33
C-2 won't be available in the US anyway so it's a moot point.

Alex V
05-30-21, 20:29
C-2 won't be available in the US anyway so it's a moot point.

Boo. I was hoping it would have been a less expensive option like H2 vs T2

mebiuspower
05-31-21, 04:30
Boo. I was hoping it would have been a less expensive option like H2 vs T2

Maybe get a friend from outside the US to source one for you...

Alex V
06-02-21, 13:42
Maybe get a friend from outside the US to source one for you...

Does that become an ITAR problem?

Diamondback
06-02-21, 14:06

Potentially, as I understand it--by a strict read, when one of my colleagues who's a British naval architect and I compare specs and engineering on USS Constitution vs her Royal Navy targets it could be construed as an ITAR violation even though only a handful of such ships still exist and they're all museums.

mebiuspower
06-02-21, 14:56

ITAR is for exporting US goods/technology...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

Mysteryman
06-02-21, 21:14

Yes, it's not made in a Communist shit hole nation that is hell bent on destroying democracy.

Tanner
06-02-21, 21:25
The ACRO is just a bit cumbersome for an EDC pistol. Perhaps for a dedicated 'nightstand' pistol? For EDC, not so much.

BoringGuy45
06-03-21, 07:05
Yes, it's not made in a Communist shit hole nation that is hell bent on destroying democracy.

I'm not hung up on the China thing really.

WickedWillis
06-03-21, 13:03

I learned in the one of the Holosun threads that many, many people on this forum are.

SeriousStudent
06-03-21, 20:31
The ACRO is just a bit cumbersome for an EDC pistol. Perhaps for a dedicated 'nightstand' pistol? For EDC, not so much.

Out of pure idle curiosity, how much time do you have with an ACRO? The reason I ask, is I have a Glock G45 with a direct-milled ACRO P-1. It's got nearly 5,000 rounds on it, and been carried over a year.

I never had an issue with it. I have found that the overwhelming majority of people making observations have rarely seen or shot a P-1, much less put thousands of rounds through one.

What was it that you found to be an issue when you were carrying one concealed, and how long did you carry it? Can you share what holster and belt combo you used? Holster design has a huge impact on comfort and concealment.

Matt in TN
06-03-21, 22:11
Out of pure idle curiosity, how much time do you have with an ACRO? The reason I ask, is I have a Glock G45 with a direct-milled ACRO P-1. It's got nearly 5,000 rounds on it, and been carried over a year.

I never had an issue with it. I have found that the overwhelming majority of people making observations have rarely seen or shot a P-1, much less put thousands of rounds through one.

What was it that you found to be an issue when you were carrying one concealed, and how long did you carry it? Can you share what holster and belt combo you used? Holster design has a huge impact on comfort and concealment.

This. I CCW an Acro on a G19 and shoot it in all kinds of rough competition and have no issue with it. It's fugly, but so is the Glock. And they both just work all the time.

MadAngler1
06-04-21, 18:44
Did they give a release date?

I just had primary machine mill a VP9 slide for a Trijicon SRO. Love it. I was waiting for an updated Acro to put on a Glock. Direct milled is definitely the way to go.

MadAngler1
06-05-21, 13:52
I just back ordered one through EuroOptic. $510.06 + taxes + insurance. I’ll post a full review once I get the sight and my Glock 17 slide milled for it.

gamewarden
06-05-21, 14:56

100% agree, I've been carrying one on a G45 that has thousands of rounds on it. Zero issues with AIWB.

gamewarden
06-05-21, 14:57
I learned in the one of the Holosun threads that many, many people on this forum are.

Enjoy your optics choice then.

mig1nc
06-06-21, 07:39
Did they give a release date?

I just had primary machine mill a VP9 slide for a Trijicon SRO. Love it. I was waiting for an updated Acro to put on a Glock. Direct milled is definitely the way to go.

I was asking my machinist yesterday about this. He asked me if there were any published engineering drawings for the acro rail interface. I've googled my butt off, but can't find it.

Do you have any links?

MadAngler1
06-06-21, 08:56
Primary machine won’t mill slides any
more. I just emailed Jager Works and asked them. Will let you know.

https://jagerwerks.com/

https://jagerwerks.com/aimpoint-acro-for-glock/

I was going to get plain black lower 1/3 irons: https://jagerwerks.com/aimpoint-acro-iron-sights-for-glock/

mebiuspower
06-07-21, 08:34
I was asking my machinist yesterday about this. He asked me if there were any published engineering drawings for the acro rail interface. I've googled my butt off, but can't find it.

Do you have any links?

Manufacturers will provide the drawing if your machinist requests for it.

Mysteryman
06-08-21, 22:43

You're ok supporting a nation bent on destroying the US and any other democratic nation for their own gain. You're ok with supporting a nation that uses its citizens like a natural resource. A nation that doesn't give a flying f*ck about who's fish they harvest, what waste they dump into the ocean/earth or how dangerous a product might be. You're ok with low quality crap... Got it.

AndyLate
06-09-21, 05:56
You're ok supporting a nation...

I don't disagree with your position but it is not necessary for us to bring it up in every optics thread.

BoringGuy45
06-09-21, 11:05
You're ok supporting a nation bent on destroying the US and any other democratic nation for their own gain. You're ok with supporting a nation that uses its citizens like a natural resource. A nation that doesn't give a flying f*ck about who's fish they harvest, what waste they dump into the ocean/earth or how dangerous a product might be. You're ok with low quality crap... Got it.

First off, I'm not supporting the nation. That's a HUGE generalization simply because I'm buying a product that was, like 90% of the shit in this country, manufactured over there. Don't get mad at me; get mad at the greedy, unscrupulous corporations who set up shop over there because they wanted to exploit cheap labor.

Second, I'm pretty sure you wrote that on a computer built in China, or with parts built in China, wearing clothes that were made in China, or at least some other nation that exploits labor and hates the West. I'm pretty sure your cell phone, TV, and about 50 to 80 percent of the stuff in your house was made partially or entirely in China.

And, Holosun is not a low quality RDS either. That's been pretty thoroughly proven.

gamewarden
06-09-21, 11:29
First off, I'm not supporting the nation. That's a HUGE generalization simply because I'm buying a product that was, like 90% of the shit in this country, manufactured over there. Don't get mad at me; get mad at the greedy, unscrupulous corporations who set up shop over there because they wanted to exploit cheap labor.

Second, I'm pretty sure you wrote that on a computer built in China, or with parts built in China, wearing clothes that were made in China, or at least some other nation that exploits labor and hates the West. I'm pretty sure your cell phone, TV, and about 50 to 80 percent of the stuff in your house was made partially or entirely in China.

And, Holosun is not a low quality RDS either. That's been pretty thoroughly proven.

I don't disagree however, the firearms accessory market and the electronics market are not the same animal. Also, just because some individuals beat one optic against a 2x4 just means that optic was durable. I'd be more interested in the data from departments purchasing hundreds and letting them bounce around in squads with huge temperature fluctuations.

BoringGuy45
06-09-21, 12:43
I don't disagree however, the firearms accessory market and the electronics market are not the same animal. Also, just because some individuals beat one optic against a 2x4 just means that optic was durable. I'd be more interested in the data from departments purchasing hundreds and letting them bounce around in squads with huge temperature fluctuations.

That will remain to be seen. Every optic began with someone beating the hell out of it in tests as the only evidence of its durability. I don't want to pass over something that is potentially a good product because it has not yet had the chance to show that its as good as the proven products on the battlefield. I just bought a Holosun 509. I like it so far. If it becomes a problem, I can always sell it and get an ACRO P-2.

WickedWillis
06-09-21, 13:06
Enjoy your optics choice then.

I EDC a holosun on my P365xl, because the RMRcc is dumb. I own 2 RMR's, one holosun 507c, a Deltapoint pro, Aimpoints, Eotechs, Vortex Razors, etc. I'm fine with my optic choices.

WickedWillis
06-09-21, 13:11

Does pollution and climate change only exist when china does it, or because they get to be exempt from sanctions and NATO monitoring?

Is the RMR low quality crap because I've had to send them back to Trijicon due to flickering and battery drain? I still have them on defensive weapons. I get it, I used to be anti-holosun chinese bullshit, until I actually used them on handguns.

hi-wayman
06-09-21, 15:08
[QUOTE=mig1nc;2954939]I was asking my machinist yesterday about this. He asked me if there were any published engineering drawings for the acro rail interface. I've googled my butt off, but can't find it.

Do you have any links?

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

I found this link when looking through the Walther site. The Acro is listed about 2/3 down the page. The footprint is supposed to be unchanged. I found the site informative overall.
I just wished they had released the P-2 a week earlier. Like before I ordered a Holosun 509T.

Mysteryman
06-09-21, 23:43
Does pollution and climate change only exist when china does it, or because they get to be exempt from sanctions and NATO monitoring?

Is the RMR low quality crap because I've had to send them back to Trijicon due to flickering and battery drain? I still have them on defensive weapons. I get it, I used to be anti-holosun chinese bullshit, until I actually used them on handguns.

No pollution exists outside China. Most of the world's pollution problems come from China, India, and Brazil, with Africa(the continent) producing an alarming amount as well. Nations that generally don't give a f*ck about anyone but themselves. Climate change is a myth.. Sorry, Anthropomorphic climate change is a myth. The climate is always changing, always has. Humans have zero control or influence over that.

The RMR is a great optic. Shit breaks, even the good stuff. I couldn't care less if Holosun made great products, they're produced in a shithole nation that is no friend of the Western world. Thankfully their products are garbage, I refuse to trade my morals for some extra dollars in my wallet, and I'm not poor. This makes not buying products made in that shithole nation a much easier decision.

WickedWillis
06-10-21, 10:48
No pollution exists outside China. Most of the world's pollution problems come from China, India, and Brazil, with Africa(the continent) producing an alarming amount as well. Nations that generally don't give a f*ck about anyone but themselves. Climate change is a myth.. Sorry, Anthropomorphic climate change is a myth. The climate is always changing, always has. Humans have zero control or influence over that.

The RMR is a great optic. Shit breaks, even the good stuff. I couldn't care less if Holosun made great products, they're produced in a shithole nation that is no friend of the Western world. Thankfully their products are garbage, I refuse to trade my morals for some extra dollars in my wallet, and I'm not poor. This makes not buying products made in that shithole nation a much easier decision.

They don't make garbage products, that's a point you can't seem to get past. The RMR is still the gold standard, and has the longer track record of durability and reliability, but trijicon has not thought of anything innovative, or been forced to change until holosun started eating up their market. Hence the lawsuit last year over the footprint and button layout.

Also keep in mind, there is a difference between MADE IN THE USA and ASSEMBLED IN THE USA, and I'm sure like most of the Western manufacturing world, Trijicon is the latter statement. It's very difficult to source every single piece of an item in the white european world or stateside. Some things just are not manufactured here.

To also stay on topic, the ACRO P2 is what I wanted the first one to be, and I will be sending a slide to have Agency do their AOS cut, since I'm not sure Unity will ever have their slides in stock again.

mebiuspower
06-10-21, 12:25
Also keep in mind, there is a difference between MADE IN THE USA and ASSEMBLED IN THE USA, and I'm sure like most of the Western manufacturing world, Trijicon is the latter statement. It's very difficult to source every single piece of an item in the white european world or stateside. Some things just are not manufactured here.

No, first of all you run into legality issues if something says Made in the USA when it is not. There has to be a minimum percentage of components that are made in USA in order for a manufacturer to print that on their products.

Trijicon sights clearly says where they're made, not assembled.

WickedWillis
06-10-21, 14:02
No, first of all you run into legality issues if something says Made in the USA when it is not. There has to be a minimum percentage of components that are made in USA in order for a manufacturer to print that on their products.

Trijicon sights clearly says where they're made, not assembled.

Yes, which is what I was saying. For example, MIller electric had to legally change their terminology from Made in the USA, to Assembled in the USA for this very reason.

mig1nc
06-12-21, 05:32
They don't make garbage products, that's a point you can't seem to get past. The RMR is still the gold standard, and has the longer track record of durability and reliability, but trijicon has not thought of anything innovative, or been forced to change until holosun started eating up their market. Hence the lawsuit last year over the footprint and button layout.

To also stay on topic, the ACRO P2 is what I wanted the first one to be, and I will be sending a slide to have Agency do their AOS cut, since I'm not sure Unity will ever have their slides in stock again.

I'm not sure why you had to bring race into this.

Nobody cares about that.

I have some optics that are made in Japan. They are great. Some Philippines. Also fine.

I also own American and two holosuns because they are the best in their class.

For example, the holosun k-series is unquestionably the best sight for micro compacts. Period. The RMRcc is a meme.

Now, back on topic. The acro footprint shown at the above website is a great view, but it doesn't show the front profile.

06-12-21, 09:01

Aaron Cowan almost certainly has the data you seek, good or bad. I’d ask him or Sage Dynamics. It might even be posted somewhere on the website.

Mysteryman
06-14-21, 18:10

Yes, they are in fact garbage. Would you like to defend the environmental and human rights records of the shit hole nations I mentioned? I noticed you avoided the topic entirely.

On another note, I never said it had to be "made in the USA". Just not made in a communist or muslim shit hole, and resemble something of quality.

Coal Dragger
06-15-21, 18:04

You can make excuses all you want, but at the end of the day you have an alternative choice to buying products made in China. Optics are one of those things you can for sure buy from sources other than China.

I know paying more money for the non Chinese optic isn’t fun, but neither is supporting intellectual property theft, slave labor, and the People’s Liberation Army. Hey whatever, you do you, but don’t be surprised when your actions are judged in a negative way by others.

Eurodriver
06-17-21, 06:04
You can make excuses all you want, but at the end of the day you have an alternative choice to buying products made in China. Optics are one of those things you can for sure buy from sources other than China.

I know paying more money for the non Chinese optic isn’t fun, but neither is supporting intellectual property theft, slave labor, and the People’s Liberation Army. Hey whatever, you do you, but don’t be surprised when your actions are judged in a negative way by others.

Let’s add forced sterilization and economic terrorism to the list too.

Funny how quickly one’s values can go out the window to save $100 on an optic. Americans are cheap suckers.

mebiuspower
06-17-21, 06:37
Let’s add forced sterilization and economic terrorism to the list too.

Funny how quickly one’s values can go out the window to save $100 on an optic. Americans are cheap suckers.

People can't cherry pick. Look at everything you own that you actually can buy American, like American made clothing or shoes. There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.

BoringGuy45
06-17-21, 09:46

Sorry not sorry. I bought a Holosun 509 and I like it. Go ahead and line me and others who have bought Holosun up against the wall for treason if that’s what’s considered being a turncoat these days.

Besides I bought from an American company. They got my money, not Holosun.

newyork
06-17-21, 10:25
I want to get my first dot and I have to say I’m stuck in the same China issue. Lots of ppl use em and they’re much more affordable but I have read plenty of them not working right lately AND …CHINA.
I know, I own other Chinese made stuff. We all do. Some are American companies with Chinese factories. That seems more acceptable than Chinese company Chinese factory.

Maybe I’m being silly and missing out on saving $200-300 and getting (hopefully) a great dot.

Eurodriver
06-17-21, 15:52
Besides I bought from an American company. They got my money, not Holosun.

Wat

Eurodriver
06-17-21, 15:53
People can't cherry pick. Look at everything you own that you actually can buy American, like American made clothing or shoes. There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.

No doubt. But let’s really not try to pretend this has anything to do with anything other than price.

Holosun owners bought them because they are less expensive.

Period.

If a Holosun was more expensive than the equivalent Trijicon how many here would own one?

Zero.

Defaultmp3
06-17-21, 16:01
If a Holosun was more expensive than the equivalent Trijicon how many here would own one?

Zero.There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.

BoringGuy45
06-17-21, 16:06
Wat

I mean I bought it from Primary Arms.

Eurodriver
06-17-21, 17:36
There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.

Oh I thought you meant folks who don’t get paid to advertise.

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?

WickedWillis
06-17-21, 17:53

I'm this guy! I'm the regular Joe who can afford and own many of those optics, instead of buying yet another RMR, I bought the Holosun HS507c V2. It also *Gasp* plays much better with my astigmatism

I wonder if people feel this strongly about Streamlight, or O-light? I personally won't buy O-light from personal issues experienced, not because of Country of manufacture.

newyork
06-17-21, 17:59
At least Streamlight does make some stuff here and more importantly they are an American company that has factories in China that Chinese build to Streamlight specs. Holosun is a Chinese company employing Chinese in China. Idk if that matters to the holosun haters or not but it irks me and it’s why I keep backing away. Holosun is easier for me to afford too.

Defaultmp3
06-17-21, 18:01

Any regular Joe’s you know of that have done the same?Local USPSA guys don't count as regular Joes? Okay.

Also, I'm not aware of Fisher or Chambers being paid for their Holosun recommendations. I've spoken with Fisher regularly, and his recommendation for Holosun as best I can tell is genuine preference. Same with Chambers, with my limited interactions with him (though I disagree with his assessment methods). I don't give two shits about celebrity endorsements, but the Holosuns appear to be sincere recommendations, rather than financially motivated (and won't change my preference for Aimpoint).

WickedWillis
06-17-21, 18:52
At least Streamlight does make some stuff here and more importantly they are an American company that has factories in China that Chinese build to Streamlight specs. Holosun is a Chinese company employing Chinese in China. Idk if that matters to the holosun haters or not but it irks me and it’s why I keep backing away. Holosun is easier for me to afford too.

I can't find out if Holosun is manufacturing anything at all out of Walnut, CA, or if that is just their US base.

newyork
06-17-21, 19:00
That’d be interesting

grizzlyblake
06-18-21, 07:56
So, anyway, when are the P2s expected to show up at dealers?

dontshakepandas
06-18-21, 08:55
So, anyway, when are the P2s expected to show up at dealers?

I've been told August.

newyork
06-18-21, 09:01
Atei said September when I called yesterday

WickedWillis
06-18-21, 11:47
Atei said September when I called yesterday

I heard early September from Eurooptic as well

Mysteryman
06-19-21, 19:56

No one is cherry picking. The reality is that the West has sold it's soul(production soul) to China in exchange for profit. No one offshores their product to China for the superior quality. They do it for labour costs. Actively choosing to avoid Chinese products where possible is what I'm saying and I'm sure other are as well. Going China free is impossible in this day and age.

I want to get my first dot and I have to say I’m stuck in the same China issue. Lots of ppl use em and they’re much more affordable but I have read plenty of them not working right lately AND …CHINA.
I know, I own other Chinese made stuff. We all do. Some are American companies with Chinese factories. That seems more acceptable than Chinese company Chinese factory.

Maybe I’m being silly and missing out on saving $200-300 and getting (hopefully) a great dot.

Some people really don't understand business at all. It makes ZERO difference if the company is American/British/Swedish etc. If they have their products built in China then your money is going to CHINA. You are funding the CCP and all the atrocities they commit. Buying what you can that isn't made in that shit hole means you're not funding them as much as others. Look at it like a China debt load. Lower your debt load, don't buy Chinese. Not to mention the quality or rather the lack thereof in their products.

There are plenty of folks that have deliberately picked Holosuns over Trijicon optics even when money is no object, e.g., Steve Fisher, Joe Chambers, etc. Seen it locally with USPSA guys, too, who take off SROs, RMRs, and/or DPPs for Holosuns.

Sure, but the vast majority that choose holosun are the same crowd that choose Vortex. "Great warranty, and it's cheaper! But just as good as..." Only fact in that tired line is the cost up front is less. In the long run they cost more.

BoringGuy45
06-20-21, 07:28
Sure, but the vast majority that choose holosun are the same crowd that choose Vortex. "Great warranty, and it's cheaper! But just as good as..." Only fact in that tired line is the cost up front is less. In the long run they cost more.

Depends on the Vortex really. If you're getting their Razor LPVOs, they're some of the best on the market. They also make "budget" optics too, but that doesn't take away from the quality lines of things they make.

And the "vast majority" of us who have bought Holosun and Vortex products aren't the ignorant neckbeard chairborne rangers you make us out to be. Sometimes we DO do our research and deliberately choose those products because we find they have what we're looking for while the competition doesn't. Yes, cost does factor in, but other features do as well. Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP. So, if you really want to boycott Holosun, Vortex, and others that have products made in China, you need to cut out Primary Arms, Midway, Brownells, G&R, Optics Planet, and any local gun shop that sells them, for buying their products for retail sales.

newyork
06-20-21, 07:35
No one is cherry picking. The reality is that the West has sold it's soul(production soul) to China in exchange for profit. No one offshores their product to China for the superior quality. They do it for labour costs. Actively choosing to avoid Chinese products where possible is what I'm saying and I'm sure other are as well. Going China free is impossible in this day and age.

Some people really don't understand business at all. It makes ZERO difference if the company is American/British/Swedish etc. If they have their products built in China then your money is going to CHINA. You are funding the CCP and all the atrocities they commit. Buying what you can that isn't made in that shit hole means you're not funding them as much as others. Look at it like a China debt load. Lower your debt load, don't buy Chinese. Not to mention the quality or rather the lack thereof in their products.

Exactly. Besides their behavior I’ve heard a shit ton of faulty holosun lately but no one seems to call it out like they would if it were Trijicon.

I’ll be deciding between rmr, SRO, acro, acro P2. Or irons.

CPM
06-20-21, 08:20

Me. I have aimpoints, numerous EOTechs, Leupolds, Razor 1-6e, etc…. I have more Sog Romeo 5’s(Holosun) than any others. There’s few reasons I can find to spend 3x as much on an aimpoint due to cUnTrY oF OriGinZ as I type this on an iPhone. They hold zero, held up for numerous classes and run and guns- I haven’t found a single performance related issue.

CPM
06-20-21, 08:23
At the end of the day, I’d rather put the 500 dollars I save toward the principle on my mortgage or car. I think that makes me better prepared as a husband, father, and debt-less American than whether or not my optic was made in Sweden vs China.

Mysteryman
06-26-21, 13:20
Depends on the Vortex really. If you're getting their Razor LPVOs, they're some of the best on the market. They also make "budget" optics too, but that doesn't take away from the quality lines of things they make.

And the "vast majority" of us who have bought Holosun and Vortex products aren't the ignorant neckbeard chairborne rangers you make us out to be. Sometimes we DO do our research and deliberately choose those products because we find they have what we're looking for while the competition doesn't. Yes, cost does factor in, but other features do as well. Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP. So, if you really want to boycott Holosun, Vortex, and others that have products made in China, you need to cut out Primary Arms, Midway, Brownells, G&R, Optics Planet, and any local gun shop that sells them, for buying their products for retail sales.

Why is the concept of commerce so hard for people to understand???

If you buy a product, any product that is made in China you ARE SUPPORTING THE CCP. How do you think the retailer got the product? THEY PAID CHINA FOR IT!! Your ignorant statement about boycotting Brownells etc further proves your lack of understanding. If you don't buy Chinese sh*t from Brownells, then they don't send money to China. They only send money for CHINESE PRODUCTS. If no one buys these Chinese products, they have no reason to send money to China.

Me. I have aimpoints, numerous EOTechs, Leupolds, Razor 1-6e, etc…. I have more Sog Romeo 5’s(Holosun) than any others. There’s few reasons I can find to spend 3x as much on an aimpoint due to cUnTrY oF OriGinZ as I type this on an iPhone. They hold zero, held up for numerous classes and run and guns- I haven’t found a single performance related issue.

No surprise, most of what you list is low end junk or contains Chinese parts. EOTech sucks, Leupold is loaded with Chinese components and not high end. Vortex is garbage, as is SIG Chinese optics.

At the end of the day, I’d rather put the 500 dollars I save toward the principle on my mortgage or car. I think that makes me better prepared as a husband, father, and debt-less American than whether or not my optic was made in Sweden vs China.

Here's the question I have asked before and will again. You admit you have multiple optics, even multiples of the same optic. You claim you would sooner put your savings towards your home or vehicle( a sh*t investment by the way). If you're concerned with saving money why do you have so many firearms? How many rifles or handguns can you shoot effectively at one time? ONE, just one, always been one.

Why not sell off the likely dozen or so additional firearms and focus on two(one should be an identical spare) well made, well outfitted fighting rifles. Do the same for handguns. I can see perhaps a few more here, maybe an ultra compact or backup/ankle gun in addition to the primary and it's spare. Decrease the amount of excess crap, saves money, allows for acquisition of better quality guns and gear, and still gives you more free capital to put toward your mortgage or other financial necessities.

The reality is this. Most people desire to have mountains of mediocre or low end garbage. They want to do everything all the time, and simply cannot afford the time or cost to do it properly. To compensate for the cost factor they buy low end crap to scratch that itch. They do this without regard for quality, place of manufacture and often times without considering the practicality of the item. Having "more sh*t" is at the foundation of Western society, especially in the US. It's precisely why Walmart is so successful, they sell nothing but junk and it's mostly Chinese junk. Everyone knows it's junk but they only see "cheap price" which means they can have MORE OF IT. The appreciation for quality is fading in society, and that isn't a good thing.

Here's an exercise for everyone.

Look through your current guns. Removing sentimental firearms(hand me downs in the family)
Do you have at least one gun that you have not consciously thought about shooting or have shot in the last year?
Do you have anything you forgot you had?
Do you have anything that was acquired for a specific purpose/role that is no longer needed, like a rifle for African dangerous game, or a muzzle loader because you planned on doing black powder hunting but now don't have the time or interest?

If you have answered yes to any of the above, you have excess sh*t that you need to purge. Those items are dead investments, money that could be recovered and reinvested in something more useful.

mig1nc
06-27-21, 07:13
With all due respect, let's get back to talking about the details and technical merit of the Acro P-2.

I saw a guy post on Instagram that he's compared an Acro P-1 to a Micro T-2 and found them to perform equally well under night vision.

One of the projects I'm working on is putting my main night vision gun on a diet. Thinking about maybe a P-2 on a scalarworks 1.93 micro mount with the Aimpoint micro to acro adapter plate.

Mysteryman
06-27-21, 13:03
With all due respect, let's get back to talking about the details and technical merit of the Acro P-2.

I saw a guy post on Instagram that he's compared an Acro P-1 to a Micro T-2 and found them to perform equally well under night vision.

One of the projects I'm working on is putting my main night vision gun on a diet. Thinking about maybe a P-2 on a scalarworks 1.93 micro mount with the Aimpoint micro to acro adapter plate.

With all due respect, I'm not sure why it would be a surprise that an Acro would perform similarly to a T1. Hardly exciting information. There isn't much for tech specs to discuss with the P2, it isn't available yet and it will use the same foot print as the P1. The only real difference is the battery choice.

BoringGuy45
06-27-21, 15:31
Why is the concept of commerce so hard for people to understand???

If you buy a product, any product that is made in China you ARE SUPPORTING THE CCP. How do you think the retailer got the product? THEY PAID CHINA FOR IT!! Your ignorant statement about boycotting Brownells etc further proves your lack of understanding. If you don't buy Chinese sh*t from Brownells, then they don't send money to China. They only send money for CHINESE PRODUCTS. If no one buys these Chinese products, they have no reason to send money to China.

No surprise, most of what you list is low end junk or contains Chinese parts. EOTech sucks, Leupold is loaded with Chinese components and not high end. Vortex is garbage, as is SIG Chinese optics.

Here's the question I have asked before and will again. You admit you have multiple optics, even multiples of the same optic. You claim you would sooner put your savings towards your home or vehicle( a sh*t investment by the way). If you're concerned with saving money why do you have so many firearms? How many rifles or handguns can you shoot effectively at one time? ONE, just one, always been one.

Why not sell off the likely dozen or so additional firearms and focus on two(one should be an identical spare) well made, well outfitted fighting rifles. Do the same for handguns. I can see perhaps a few more here, maybe an ultra compact or backup/ankle gun in addition to the primary and it's spare. Decrease the amount of excess crap, saves money, allows for acquisition of better quality guns and gear, and still gives you more free capital to put toward your mortgage or other financial necessities.

The reality is this. Most people desire to have mountains of mediocre or low end garbage. They want to do everything all the time, and simply cannot afford the time or cost to do it properly. To compensate for the cost factor they buy low end crap to scratch that itch. They do this without regard for quality, place of manufacture and often times without considering the practicality of the item. Having "more sh*t" is at the foundation of Western society, especially in the US. It's precisely why Walmart is so successful, they sell nothing but junk and it's mostly Chinese junk. Everyone knows it's junk but they only see "cheap price" which means they can have MORE OF IT. The appreciation for quality is fading in society, and that isn't a good thing.

Here's an exercise for everyone.

Look through your current guns. Removing sentimental firearms(hand me downs in the family)
Do you have at least one gun that you have not consciously thought about shooting or have shot in the last year?
Do you have anything you forgot you had?
Do you have anything that was acquired for a specific purpose/role that is no longer needed, like a rifle for African dangerous game, or a muzzle loader because you planned on doing black powder hunting but now don't have the time or interest?

If you have answered yes to any of the above, you have excess sh*t that you need to purge. Those items are dead investments, money that could be recovered and reinvested in something more useful.

Amazing that you're the only one who "gets it". All of us who have used Holosun, Vortex, Leupold, and EOTech neither have the concept of quality or the patriotism and values acceptable for you.

WickedWillis
06-28-21, 18:32

I would be interested to see these run on carbines honestly. I have yet to even see a picture of one mounted on a carbine, outside of Aimpoint's promotional European video. I hope they improve the glass a little as well with the P2. The P1 has a bit of a fisheye on the borders way more than the RMR or SRO does.

Amazing that you're the only one who "gets it". All of us who have used Holosun, Vortex, Leupold, and EOTech neither have the concept of quality or the patriotism and values acceptable for you.

The smartest man in the sub, with zero trigger time on all of these optics and companies he's bashing. Good stuff.

GJM
06-28-21, 19:01
With all due respect, I'm not sure why it would be a surprise that an Acro would perform similarly to a T1. Hardly exciting information. There isn't much for tech specs to discuss with the P2, it isn't available yet and it will use the same foot print as the P1. The only real difference is the battery choice.

I have heard there are additional changes besides the battery, including internal improvements.

Mysteryman
06-30-21, 16:30

Seeing as you're buying cheap Chinese crap and attempt to justify it by making ignorant statements as " I bought it from an American company, so it's all good" tells me that you are very much lacking in the knowledge area and the patriotism area.

I would be interested to see these run on carbines honestly. I have yet to even see a picture of one mounted on a carbine, outside of Aimpoint's promotional European video. I hope they improve the glass a little as well with the P2. The P1 has a bit of a fisheye on the borders way more than the RMR or SRO does.

The smartest man in the sub, with zero trigger time on all of these optics and companies he's bashing. Good stuff.

I too want to see these optics on rifles, could be just the ticket for that ultra compact ultra light concept.

If your second statement was directed at me. I've used all the above listed optics, the only one I ever bought was an EOTech, and it was quickly ditched for an Aimpoint.

I have heard there are additional changes besides the battery, including internal improvements.

Any details on these changes?

WickedWillis
06-30-21, 18:21
If your second statement was directed at me. I've used all the above listed optics, the only one I ever bought was an EOTech, and it was quickly ditched for an Aimpoint.

Any details on these changes?

It was. I'm not really sure how someone can use a Vortex Razor, or the UH1 series and think they are trash. Eotech seems way more polarizing, with their US contract dishonesty, parallax, battery issues and so on, but they still are king (IMO) under nods compared to most everything else on the market. I went through a lot of different optics finding what I liked, and what I didn't before I started buying exclusively what worked best for me.

As far as change details;
CR2032 (was touched on already)
New button placement and style, supposed to be more tactile for use with gloves and heavier duty.
heavier duty adjustment knobs
10 brightness settings; 6 daylight 4-NV
Also seems they are really pushing these for more than handguns as we have already discussed here.

GJM
06-30-21, 22:29
It has been a while since I got the low down, but my recollection is different battery, different design battery cap, different external shape, improved windage and elevation adjustments, more efficient diode (or whatever makes the dot), and better internal glass/lenses.

mig1nc
07-01-21, 09:39
Reptilia just announced some new Acro mounts, including a 1.93.

I'm pretty interested in these.

mebiuspower
07-20-21, 14:32
Just got my P-2.

Nothing overly mind-blowing. It now has a plastic battery cap, looks prettier, and the brightness levels are brighter.

WickedWillis
07-20-21, 14:58
Just got my P-2.

Nothing overly mind-blowing. It now has a plastic battery cap, looks prettier, and the brightness levels are brighter.

Let's see some pictures once you get it mounted up!

mebiuspower
07-21-21, 07:32
https://i.imgur.com/pLx62dV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/t1YnZ9D.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PcqjsKf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bXQLmCb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EjX7upP.jpg

mebiuspower
07-21-21, 10:31
The outer housing ***appears*** to be thicker... not sure if it makes it stronger and my name is not Aaron Cowan.

EDIT: According to Aimpoint the housing is "beefed up in front and rear, which translates to improved ruggedness."

https://i.imgur.com/OLEmPrq.jpg

WickedWillis
07-21-21, 10:45
The outer housing ***appears*** to be thicker... not sure if it makes it stronger and my name is not Aaron Cowan.

https://i.imgur.com/OLEmPrq.jpg

Love the pictures!

Seems like it's a worthy second gen offering. I didn't get in on early preorders (I thought I did through Eurooptic), but I will be trying to order one soon.

Sid Post
07-24-21, 18:13
And the "vast majority" of us who have bought Holosun and Vortex products aren't the ignorant neckbeard chairborne rangers you make us out to be. Sometimes we DO do our research and deliberately choose those products because we find they have what we're looking for while the competition doesn't. Yes, cost does factor in, but other features do as well. Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP. ...

Wow! Some of the most ignorant comments I have read in a good while (I'm not wasting time reading about WOKEism and leftist/socialist Democrats :rolleyes:).

My experience has been "most" people that those types of products are not that well informed overall and generally can't match their "talk" at the gun range. YMMV as, some skilled shooters do use those products for specific reasons, not general open-ended one.

Also, most of us are buying these products from retailers, so we're not sending our money over to the CCP.
If you buy Chinese products, you are supporting the Chinese economy which directly supports the Chinese government. Whose hands it passes through between China and our hands does not change the fact the product in question is Chinese. I don't care if it is a red dot sight or a kitchen spatula or anything else.

Sid Post
07-24-21, 18:16

That's why I am here. I'm wondering about putting one on my KAC SR-25.

Diamondback
07-24-21, 18:22
Respectfully submitted market economics observation:

When you buy more of something, the retailer notices this and buys more of that something. They take the money you gave them for that Holosun and send half of it to China for another to replace it in their inventory. If you want to hurt the Chinese money machine, RETAILERS need to buy less of their product. And the only way that happens is if END USERS quit buying it. See also, "New Coke" and what happened to H-S Precision after they put Mommy-Murderin' Lonnie (Piss Be Eternally Upon Him and All Who Support Him) on the payroll, or some of the ongoing Bad PR from Troy's various past hires. I'm not commenting about right or wrong in any specific case, only the effects and how Dollar Democracy works.

mig1nc
07-27-21, 07:23
That's why I am here. I'm wondering about putting one on my KAC SR-25.

Being an SR-25 I assume this will be a secondary optic to a magnified one?

Are you thinking offset or high noon?

mig1nc
07-27-21, 15:45
FYI Kenzies is selling acro p-1s for $459 in the cart.

Sid Post
07-28-21, 06:02
Being an SR-25 I assume this will be a secondary optic to a magnified one?

Are you thinking offset or high noon?

Yes, secondary to a 3x15-50 scope for close in rapid work on an offset mount, probably an Arisaka at 35 degrees, hopefully in-line with the scope eye-piece so it is a simple "roll on the shoulder" for rapid engagement.

mebiuspower
07-28-21, 08:48
Respectfully submitted market economics observation:

When you buy more of something, the retailer notices this and buys more of that something. They take the money you gave them for that Holosun and send half of it to China for another to replace it in their inventory. If you want to hurt the Chinese money machine, RETAILERS need to buy less of their product. And the only way that happens is if END USERS quit buying it.

People can buy whatever they want but they need to understand this. But maybe it's too late now.

MadAngler1
08-27-21, 19:29
I ordered mine from Eurooptic back in late May/early June. Have not received it yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Budget
08-27-21, 20:20
Ordered May 27 and nothing yet. Almost made a Euro Acro P2 wait thread. Here's to hoping it comes soon.

GlockWRX
08-27-21, 21:59
I have a pre-order as well. I reached out to Eurooptic and they said ship date is now October.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Defaultmp3
08-28-21, 09:08
Strohman Enterprises told me they expected a mid-SEPT receipt date for their first batch. Fingers crossed I'm in that batch.

contax_shooter
08-28-21, 11:29
I’m excited to be disappointed again. Hope AP proves me wrong this time.

MadAngler1
08-30-21, 18:23
I have a pre-order as well. I reached out to Eurooptic and they said ship date is now October.

Crap. I just got my Glock 17 Gen 4 slide back from Jaegerworks. I had it milled just for the ACRO. Oh well, the plain black Dawson sights are still on back order.

scooter22
08-31-21, 09:48
I’m excited to be disappointed again. Hope AP proves me wrong this time.

What exactly are you planning on being disappointed by?

Eurodriver
08-31-21, 14:21
What exactly are you planning on being disappointed by?

The same things that made the first gen of the Acro a disappointment.

Defaultmp3
08-31-21, 14:33
The same things that made the first gen of the Acro a disappointment.And what things were those? The only real gripe I can think of is the battery life, and even then, I thought it was way overblown, and beyond that, perfectly obvious if you simply just do a modicum of research as to the 1225 battery. Given that the P-1's battery life was basically right on target with your typical Aimpoint's battery life if you simply extrapolated down to the size of the CR1225, I see no reason why we would be disappointed by the P-2 on that front, particularly when it has the exact same published battery life as a T-2.

scooter22
09-04-21, 20:35
And what things were those? The only real gripe I can think of is the battery life, and even then, I thought it was way overblown, and beyond that, perfectly obvious if you simply just do a modicum of research as to the 1225 battery. Given that the P-1's battery life was basically right on target with your typical Aimpoint's battery life if you simply extrapolated down to the size of the CR1225, I see no reason why we would be disappointed by the P-2 on that front, particularly when it has the exact same published battery life as a T-2.

lol exactly

Eurodriver
09-05-21, 09:11
And what things were those? The only real gripe I can think of is the battery life, and even then, I thought it was way overblown, and beyond that, perfectly obvious if you simply just do a modicum of research as to the 1225 battery. Given that the P-1's battery life was basically right on target with your typical Aimpoint's battery life if you simply extrapolated down to the size of the CR1225, I see no reason why we would be disappointed by the P-2 on that front, particularly when it has the exact same published battery life as a T-2.

I was answering for contax. His was lasting like 12 days before dying. It was ridiculous.

mebiuspower
09-24-21, 12:46

This is correct...

It's fair to say that they're a bit overwhelmed with orders and they're trying to deliver to all customers in a timely manner...

contax_shooter
09-24-21, 19:27

lol exactly

Do either of you actually use the ACRO? How about as an EDC? The P1 was originally advertised as at least 1 year on setting 7. Setting 7 is barely daytime bright, never mind as a night gun with a x300U attached...

Reference @ 1:32:

https://youtu.be/vX0FgRguvOs?t=92

Defaultmp3
09-24-21, 19:40
Do either of you actually use the ACRO? How about as an EDC? The P1 was originally advertised as at least 1 year on setting 7. Setting 7 is barely daytime bright, never mind as a night gun with a x300U attached...

Reference:

https://youtu.be/vX0FgRguvOs?t=92We've been around this before. Yes, I EDC with my P-1s, and have done so for most of the time they were out (not a launch, if only because it took my guy awhile a way to mount it to my oddball guns). Yes, the battery life isn't great, but I would take it over the RMR anytime. I change the P-1's batteries every 2 weeks, with it being left on the second highest setting. I was changing my RMR's batteries every 6 months, with it being left on the second highest setting, and I would much rather change it on the ACRO with a simple 2 minute procedure those 12 times than have to deal with confirming zero, redoing threadlocker, etc. that I would have to with an RMR, to say nothing of the other advantages the ACRO has (tint, enclosed emitter, etc.).

It's a ****ing 1225 battery. I don't know what to tell you. Setting 6 on an ACRO P-1 is about equivalent to setting 7 on a CompM5 based off of my eyeballs, and setting 7 on a CompM5 is what Aimpoint uses to quote a 5 year battery life (same with the T-2). If you can't do a bit of basic extrapolation based of off well-documented specs, then I don't know what to tell you.

contax_shooter
09-24-21, 20:48
Let's hold the manufacturer accountable.

And yes, let me change the battery on this P1 again.

Eurodriver
10-02-21, 07:00
We've been around this before. Yes, I EDC with my P-1s, and have done so for most of the time they were out (not a launch, if only because it took my guy awhile a way to mount it to my oddball guns). Yes, the battery life isn't great, but I would take it over the RMR anytime. I change the P-1's batteries every 2 weeks, with it being left on the second highest setting. I was changing my RMR's batteries every 6 months, with it being left on the second highest setting, and I would much rather change it on the ACRO with a simple 2 minute procedure those 12 times than have to deal with confirming zero, redoing threadlocker, etc. that I would have to with an RMR, to say nothing of the other advantages the ACRO has (tint, enclosed emitter, etc.).

It's a ****ing 1225 battery. I don't know what to tell you. Setting 6 on an ACRO P-1 is about equivalent to setting 7 on a CompM5 based off of my eyeballs, and setting 7 on a CompM5 is what Aimpoint uses to quote a 5 year battery life (same with the T-2). If you can't do a bit of basic extrapolation based of off well-documented specs, then I don't know what to tell you.

They only went with a 1225 battery because if they used anything with decent battery life it would kill sales to their price and joy (T2/M5)

The whole thing was stupid from the get go. If it wasnt, they wouldn’t be releasing a second gen so soon. Right?

ETA: Every two weeks LOL

contax_shooter
10-02-21, 17:14
Aimpoint should strike a deal with Varta to include discounted 26 battery bundle coupons, it'll last an impressive year.

georgeib
10-02-21, 20:01
Changing batteries every 2 weeks is... far from ideal. But the batteries are really only 5 for $1, so at least that's some consolation, I guess. Still though, every 2 weeks — damn.

mebiuspower
10-15-21, 14:45
These flip covers are pretty good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUpN1c6gjwS/

contax_shooter
10-16-21, 12:41
I guess missing October commercial market shipments will be the first disappointment.

RHINOWSO
10-16-21, 13:18
I guess until technology matures, I'll survive with open emitter RMRs and if rain / dirt / mud gets in there during a SD situation, I'll just keep pulling the trigger and hope for the best. :p

Sid Post
10-17-21, 02:45
I guess until technology matures, I'll survive with open emitter RMRs and if rain / dirt / mud gets in there during a SD situation, I'll just keep pulling the trigger and hope for the best. :p

If you train enough, you can still hit your target without sights at reasonable distances.

RHINOWSO
10-17-21, 08:02
If you train enough, you can still hit your target without sights at reasonable distances.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3oEduOCKxIcNIpXm92%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Late sarcasm is better than never. ;)

mebiuspower
10-26-21, 12:35
https://i.imgur.com/YmUw4d1.jpg

GlockWRX
11-12-21, 20:07
EuroOptic now says availability is Jan/Feb 2022.

mebiuspower
11-18-21, 17:21
They have a yuge agency contract that they're busy filling now... that takes priority.

MadAngler1
11-28-21, 19:26
EuroOptic now says availability is Jan/Feb 2022.

Crap. I placed my order around Memorial Day. When did you place yours?

I have a Gen 4 Glock 17 milled for an Acro awaiting the Acro P2

GlockWRX
11-29-21, 08:05
Crap. I placed my order around Memorial Day. When did you place yours?

I have a Gen 4 Glock 17 milled for an Acro awaiting the Acro P2I ordered about the same time. I have a G45 with AOS plate waiting in the safe since August.

Budget
12-17-21, 14:14
I just got my shipping notice this morning. Ordered May 27

Budget
12-17-21, 14:23
Double

GlockWRX
12-17-21, 16:11
So did I. Ordered in the same time frame.

MadAngler1
12-18-21, 06:57
Just got my shipping notice Friday as well. I will post a full report after I install it and send some rounds down range.

Biggy
12-19-21, 21:40
FYI, the optical window on the first Gen ACRO P-1 sight is 16x16mm (0.63 x 0.63 in) and on the new ACRO P-2 model it is 15x15mm (0.59 x 0.59 in).

mebiuspower
12-20-21, 11:23
FYI, the optical window on the first Gen ACRO P-1 sight is 16x16mm (0.63 x 0.63 in) and on the new ACRO P-2 model it is 15x15mm (0.59 x 0.59 in).

hardly noticeable really...

Mjolnir
12-20-21, 18:33

Hmmm... Good to know.

Mjolnir
12-20-21, 18:37
hardly noticeable really...

True. It’s noticeably smaller than an RMR but... I think the adjustment will be minimal.

El Vaquero
12-20-21, 21:20
Can anyone report how the P-2 does with astigmatism? I have a nice round dot with my T2 but see a comet with my T1. And with the RMR I see a starburst. Very curious how the P-2 is.

Budget
12-20-21, 23:45
Got mine in tonight. I had a 19.5 MOS and FCD plate waiting for it so there's a few new things compared to my ATEi 19.5 w/ RMR.

To answer the astigmatism question above: it exists but not as bad as the RMR, my best friend who compared them side to side who has astigmatism. I don't have that particular issue and I found the dot to be pretty close with the edge going to the ACRO

The MOS with FCD plate is tight. Plate to slide is very tight. Optic to plate felt kind of loose until I tightened it down. Or in other words it was easy to get on.

Dot presentation felt different to me. To my untrained friend who is an Iron sightist, he felt the ACRO was easier to acquire. The "find the irons" trick was not as helpful because it is a true co witness with the Ameriglo irons I have.

Glass clarity is amazing. I've never really cared about the debate around the blue tinted RMRs that I have but this appears much more clear. All subjective because it was all indoor lighting.

Compared to am RMR it does look like a miniature microwave but didn't really look any taller but I'm not one to recite dimensions.

I think it will be a real winner but won't know until I shoot it. Out of the box impressions with a kind of apples to oranges comparison to the RMR, I think it is going to be a big step up but I am going to need to shoot it before declaring it is better and worth making this my edc/duty gun.

ETA: brightness level 4 is good but 5 is amazing. Not sure what battery life is at which setting.

BMTShotPlacement
12-21-21, 22:45
Good to hear! I should have pre-ordered but didn’t think there would be too big of a problem getting one. Hopefully the pre-orders and government contracts get caught up to get my hands on one

MadAngler1
12-22-21, 22:53
i mounted my ACRO P-2 to my G17 this evening (gen 4, slide milled by Jaegerwerks). Thoughts:

1. The glass to me appears clearer than the P1. Might be me, but the prior ACRO P-1s I’ve looked through always appeares to have a green tint and was darker than comparable Aimpoint micros.

2. I already dinged up the battery cap. I first tried using the plastic side of my Aimpoint tool - would not budge. I then stupidly used a screwed driver - nicked the edges and would not budge. Last, I used a quarter and got it off. The battery cap’s slot is very shallow, and the quarter still caused deformation tightening it and loosening it. Hence, be careful. I
emailed Aimpont for a spare battery cap

3. This is my first ACRO, and I am amazed the manual only says tighten to 3 Nm (-26 in-lbs). I am also surprised Aimpoint didn’t go for a two screw system rather than a 1 screw system give. how small the screw is. I guess it works. Time will tell.

4. Windage and elevation knobs are silver, not black. They also adjust using the T10 torx wrench on mine, not the traditional Aimpoint wrench’s two prong end.

I’ll take it tomorrow or Friday to try it out.

Mysteryman
12-24-21, 17:52
i mounted my ACRO P-2 to my G17 this evening (gen 4, slide milled by Jaegerwerks). Thoughts:

1. The glass to me appears clearer than the P1. Might be me, but the prior ACRO P-1s I’ve looked through always appeares to have a green tint and was darker than comparable Aimpoint micros.

2. I already dinged up the battery cap. I first tried using the plastic side of my Aimpoint tool - would not budge. I then stupidly used a screwed driver - nicked the edges and would not budge. Last, I used a quarter and got it off. The battery cap’s slot is very shallow, and the quarter still caused deformation tightening it and loosening it. Hence, be careful. I
emailed Aimpont for a spare battery cap

3. This is my first ACRO, and I am amazed the manual only says tighten to 3 Nm (-26 in-lbs). I am also surprised Aimpoint didn’t go for a two screw system rather than a 1 screw system give. how small the screw is. I guess it works. Time will tell.

4. Windage and elevation knobs are silver, not black. They also adjust using the T10 torx wrench on mine, not the traditional Aimpoint wrench’s two prong end.

I’ll take it tomorrow or Friday to try it out.

Sam result with my C2 battery cap. They scar up quite easily.

mebiuspower
12-25-21, 03:45

The Acro has a way more robust mount because it's acts as a little picatinny. The screw simply just holds the clamp in place unlike the 2 screw system which you must torque properly.

MadAngler1
01-01-22, 15:03
The Acro has a way more robust mount because it's acts as a little picatinny. The screw simply just holds the clamp in place unlike the 2 screw system which you must torque properly.

Yeah, but why not use two screws to clamp it in place? It’s such a small screw.

MadAngler1
01-01-22, 15:06
Finally got to “test drive” the Acro P2 on my gen 4 G17. I put 250 rounds down range.

1. The glass is clear. No issues picking up the 3.5 MOA dot 10-25 yards. Yes, a bigger box would be nicer (like the Trijicon SRO), but that would bulk up the optic.

2. No POI changes once I zeroed at 25 yards.

3. Dot is very crisp.

4. My lower 1/3 Dawson sights that Jaegerwerks sells do not get in the way.

This is going to be a learning process for me. I have a Vedder holster cut specifically for this rig. Hopefully, I get some outdoor range time in the next month or two when the weather is better. Need more practice!

mebiuspower
01-01-22, 18:24
Yeah, but why not use two screws to clamp it in place? It’s such a small screw.

Why use two screws when one works fine?

MadAngler1
01-02-22, 17:26
I am thinking about the repetitive cycles and forces the Acro will experience on top of a pistol slide. This is especially the case if you plan on mounting an Acro to a 10 mm or .45 ACP pistol.

It's the same rationale behind why you see QD and non-QD mounts with two screws or levers on AR-10s and large caliber bolt guns. It's a small screw, it's not like a large bolt you'll find on a good set of scope rings.

Hopefully my thoughts are unfounded. Still, Aimpoint's mounting system is no doubt superior to Trijicon's thanks to the "clamp" design.

mebiuspower
01-03-22, 09:07
Their official count is 20K round on a .40S&W slide, but the actual number is much higher.

There was never any issues with using one screw with the P-1. That screw is not stressed during recoil or counter-recoil.

Budget
01-15-22, 15:21
Finally got some range time and I will not be purchasing another RMR. Long story short, it is objectively better than the venerable RMR. It has clearer glass, more crisp dot, and allows for hanging the battery while still mounted. IMO, it worth the $100 or more difference.

Took an inexperienced shooter with me who felt the ACRO was nicer than the RMR as well, although it was covered with lint as it has been my EDC for the past 3+ years.

Good stuff, based on my single range session it will be replacing my RMR'd 19 on and off duty.

Guns were G19.5 with RMR 06(3.25) with ATEI cut slide and G19.5 MOS with FCD mounting plate.

titsonritz
01-15-22, 20:22
I'm wondering how the ACRO P-2 will stack up compared to the new Steiner MPS.

Sid Post
01-16-22, 10:03
I'm wondering how the ACRO P-2 will stack up compared to the new Steiner MPS.

And, the Trijicon SRO as well.

The Aimpoint ACRO P-2 seems to be a bit sleeker and smaller for Concealed Carry but, that Steiner MPS looks like it might be a good competitor. The Trijicon SRO initially looks a bit bulky with possible hangups on clothing and other stuff from a concealed draw.

mebiuspower
01-21-22, 10:14
I'm getting one.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/01/21/sneak-peek-tangodown-lens-guard-for-aimpoint-p2/

Mysteryman
01-23-22, 01:39
And, the Trijicon SRO as well.

The Aimpoint ACRO P-2 seems to be a bit sleeker and smaller for Concealed Carry but, that Steiner MPS looks like it might be a good competitor. The Trijicon SRO initially looks a bit bulky with possible hangups on clothing and other stuff from a concealed draw.

The MPS looks bulky and has significantly less battery life, albeit still substantial. The SRO is an open emitter and not designed for carry.

mebiuspower
03-12-22, 13:27
https://youtu.be/BZK7hPlmdYU

brushy bill
03-12-22, 14:47
There's a reason why Levi's last American factory closed for good.

I'd like to think some of that was from people boycotting them for being "woke".

mebiuspower
03-12-22, 17:43
I'd like to think some of that was from people boycotting them for being "woke".

Happened 20 years ago, way before "woke".

newyork
03-12-22, 19:13
Buying a 19.5 mos and interested in an acro possibly. That or a 3rd rmr.

dont_tread_on_me
03-18-22, 14:37
Buying a 19.5 mos and interested in an acro possibly. That or a 3rd rmr.

Why not get an acro? Price difference isn’t that big and optically it’s much better IMO.

newyork
03-19-22, 06:25
It’s what I’m probably going to do. Just picked up a non mos Gen 5 19. When money allows and the acro is available I’ll buy one and send it for milling.

dont_tread_on_me
03-20-22, 07:59
It’s what I’m probably going to do. Just picked up a non mos Gen 5 19. When money allows and the acro is available I’ll buy one and send it for milling.

I’ve had Agency mill two slides for me and have been happy with the results. You get the modularity with a better designed system, at least in my eyes.

newyork
03-20-22, 10:54
They’re like $250 plus a plate if I remember right no? What are their waits like?

dont_tread_on_me
03-22-22, 16:34
They’re like $250 plus a plate if I remember right no? What are their waits like?

Sounds about right. Good guy discount if you qualify which ends up covering shipping. I exceed quoted wait times on the first round but it was right as covid was kicking off and the nitro isn’t done in house which caused a delay. Second one was maybe a month? I think it came back before the quoted wait.
Nice thing about the acro plate is that it comes with a built in BUIS which is held in place by the optic.

mebiuspower
03-23-22, 06:22
https://i.imgur.com/BCXVgB0.jpg

Defaultmp3
03-23-22, 11:24
https://i.imgur.com/BCXVgB0.jpgWonder how many distributors will get, given that I've paid in full for basically a year now, but Aimpoint thinks it's cool to just do webstore drops. I get supply chain and all that shit, and I don't blame the distributors, but I think it's pretty ****ed up that they're doing the webshop inventory over their distributors.

agr1279
03-23-22, 11:40
My employer order one for T&E before the physical year ended. We have had several pushbacks on the delivery dates. It was supposed to be here this week but now it is not until June. Now it will be a novelty because the powers to be don't want to wait that long. They put themselves out of the running by this game.

Dan

dont_tread_on_me
03-24-22, 17:19
Wonder how many distributors will get, given that I've paid in full for basically a year now, but Aimpoint thinks it's cool to just do webstore drops. I get supply chain and all that shit, and I don't blame the distributors, but I think it's pretty ****ed up that they're doing the webshop inventory over their distributors.

Same +100

gamewarden
03-29-22, 15:33
I had my P2 before SHOT Show. Loving it. Have a P1 and P2 now.

Defaultmp3
04-01-22, 15:18
Paid for my P-2s 2021-05-25, finally got them 2022-04-01. What a wait.

The brightest setting seems noticeably brighter than my revised P-1. Same thing with the default brightness for when you first turn the optic on, guess it's an across the board change? Hopefully that doesn't apply for the NVG mode. I've ran my P-1 on the second brightest setting by default, for the P-2 I'm on the third brightest.

WS6
04-02-22, 00:12
How is the ACRO retained to the plate? Via clamp and screw, yes? Everything Ive ever put on my gauge has shot loose until it was loctited. Is loctite ok to use on the P2 crossbolt?

dont_tread_on_me
04-02-22, 16:56
How is the ACRO retained to the plate? Via clamp and screw, yes? Everything Ive ever put on my gauge has shot loose until it was loctited. Is loctite ok to use on the P2 crossbolt?

Just clamp. VC1 or equivalent should be fine.

Coal Dragger
04-08-22, 19:36

Clamp and screw, but the screw is running through an integral recoil lug machined into the sight body. The screw is never in shear, and the recoil lug is doing all the work of keeping the sight secure in the plane of reciprocal slide movements.

I’ve never had to turn my screw on the P-1 even a little bit after I installed it. Note that I have a direct milled slide though, and Primary Machine made it a pretty damn tight fit.

MadAngler1
04-09-22, 18:03
I have more than 800 rounds through my Gen 4 Glock 17 with the slide milled for the Acro P-2 by Jaegerwerks. I am very happy with the set up. Zero issues thus far. It is definitely opening my eyes to using red dots on pistols more often. I have a gen 5 G19 I have been fiddling with. I may get the slide milled for the Acro as well and try it out.

By the way, when I first lioked through the Acro P1, I was not impressed. The Acro P2 to me appears to have clearer glass in addition to better battery life.

Defaultmp3
04-09-22, 18:38
By the way, when I first lioked through the Acro P1, I was not impressed. The Acro P2 to me appears to have clearer glass in addition to better battery life.I do not notice any difference in clarity between my original P-1s, updated P-1s, and P-2s, both under natural vision and under NODs.

dont_tread_on_me
04-10-22, 08:43
I feel like the dot is cleaner on my p2 but it could be bias…

GlockWRX
04-11-22, 11:00
I find the dot on my P-2 to be the cleanest of all my RDS (T-1, T-2, and Delta Point Pro) despite my astigmatism. But I can often see the difference between individual examples of the same model of RDS. Some are better than others.

Mine has been on since I bought it in January, so battery life is good so far.

El Vaquero
04-16-22, 10:14
I find the dot on my P-2 to be the cleanest of all my RDS (T-1, T-2, and Delta Point Pro) despite my astigmatism. But I can often see the difference between individual examples of the same model of RDS. Some are better than others.

Mine has been on since I bought it in January, so battery life is good so far.

How does your T-1 look compared to your T-2? I see a comet on my T-1 but my T-2 is a nice dot. The RMR is a starburst for me.

GlockWRX
04-16-22, 11:38
My T-1 is an older 4 MOA unit while my T-2 is 2 MOA so it's a little unfair. The T-2 is pretty clean though. However, I had previously purchased a T-2 that had a sloppy dot, which I sold. My current T-2 is much better.

I find there is a bit of variation unit to unit. I looked through a T-2 at SHOT show that was super clean, but haven't seen one that good since. Eye fatigue plays a part as well at least for me. A dot will look clean at the start of the day then get more blurry as the day wears on.

Defaultmp3
04-20-22, 15:17
FYI, I called Aimpoint USA on a lark today, the fellow on the phone told me that they were expecting the covers to come in during summer, probably June, with July being the latest; this would include the entire line, the blacks, the transparents, and even the one with the built-in ARD. Given their issues with the P-2s in general, I'd take the timeline with a grain of salt (especially since the CSR also stated that they were still undergoing testing?), but I am happy to hear that they are coming eventually, I'll throw them on my NODs gun as a back-up RDS (still don't complete trust EXPS-3) while having the ability to protect it during force-on-force.

jakeb
04-22-22, 12:14
Does anyone have one on a Glock and using an existing 6390RDS or 6360RDS already? Does it work well?

I know Pressburg put out a video on it that was with a P1.

Budget
04-22-22, 13:23
Currently using G19.5 MOS w/ FCD plate and P2. I've used both the 6390 and 7390 with and without the ALS guard and it works fine with both.

Having a bit more time with this set up I believe this is the optic that will finally convince the skeptics and naysayers. It's just a great optic.

dont_tread_on_me
04-22-22, 20:30
Anyone planning on the TD baffle? Price seems a little extreme…

Stickman
04-23-22, 09:48

What is the street price? I can see the need for something like that on certain optics, the Trijicon RMR is an example, and the P2 could probably use one as well.

titsonritz
04-23-22, 13:32

What is the street price? I can see the need for something like that on certain optics, the Trijicon RMR is an example, and the P2 could probably use one as well.

What is a TD baffle?

Defaultmp3
04-23-22, 14:00
What is a TD baffle?https://tangodown.com/lens-guard-for-aimpoint-acro-p2/

titsonritz
04-23-22, 14:11
https://tangodown.com/lens-guard-for-aimpoint-acro-p2/

Ah-ha, lens cover. I was baffled by the word "baffle". Thanks.

dont_tread_on_me
04-23-22, 15:20
Doesn’t actually cover the lens though.

dont_tread_on_me
04-23-22, 15:23
$42. I appreciate the design and every challenge associated with manufacturing these days but still.

mebiuspower
04-23-22, 17:41
Doesn’t actually cover the lens though.

Doesn't need to. It simply provides more distance from the edge of the housing to the lens, should you use the housing against a wall or something hard to rack the slide...

Defaultmp3
04-23-22, 19:40
Doesn't need to. It simply provides more distance from the edge of the housing to the lens, should you use the housing against a wall or something hard to rack the slide...Well... yes, it does provide additional protection. But it's still not a lens cover, and it would be misleading to call it as such, since there are things that a full lens cover could provide that this guard wouldn't (e.g., protection against dirt/mud, protection in FoF use, etc.).

titsonritz
04-23-22, 22:27
I misspoke, thought it was an actual lens cover. I see now it is just a projection guard.

mig1nc
04-24-22, 15:06
Does anybody make an NVG height mount besides Reptilia at this point?

I have nothing against them. I have their products and like them. Just want to know all the options at this point.

Defaultmp3
04-24-22, 15:29
Does anybody make an NVG height mount besides Reptilia at this point?

I have nothing against them. I have their products and like them. Just want to know all the options at this point.Arisaka, I guess? Or just get a normal lower 1/3rd and slap it on a Unity FAST Riser; alternatively, use a tall Micro mount, and add a Micro-to-ACRO adapter. I personally find 1.93" to be okay for passive aiming, but prefer 2.26" (although I am also colored by the fact that most of my passive aiming was done with a pro mask on, too).

mig1nc
04-24-22, 16:34

mig1nc
04-24-22, 16:36
Arisaka, I guess? Or just get a normal lower 1/3rd and slap it on a Unity FAST Riser; alternatively, use a tall Micro mount, and add a Micro-to-ACRO adapter. I personally find 1.93" to be okay for passive aiming, but prefer 2.26" (although I am also colored by the fact that most of my passive aiming was done with a pro mask on, too).

Thanks man. I love Arisaka being a local company, so I'll check them as well.

Trying to keep it as light as possible on this build, so I would like to avoid a riser if I can.

Defaultmp3
08-21-22, 02:38
Got the flips lens caps, so now my Glock is ready to take Sims to the lens:
https://i.imgur.com/6I893Csh.jpg

dont_tread_on_me
09-24-22, 13:35
You definitely win the internet for most trick sims pistol.

mebiuspower
09-27-22, 12:41
Cute.

https://i.postimg.cc/154SrpQs/IMG-20220927-133650-625.webp (https://postimg.cc/MvkgWfHF)

https://i.postimg.cc/ZYwZNwXw/IMG-20220927-133650-654.webp (https://postimg.cc/SjYwFfS9)

mebiuspower
10-21-22, 08:51
Was told there should be more of these available in the commercial market as we speak...

titsonritz
10-21-22, 10:55
Was told there should be more of these available in the commercial market as we speak...

I've been seeing them more frequently, they still sell out hella fast but at least there are more opportunities to score one. I need two myself.

mig1nc
10-30-22, 20:39
Does anybody know what the lowest pic rail mount available for the Acro is?

mebiuspower
10-31-22, 19:27
Does anybody know what the lowest pic rail mount available for the Acro is?

https://www.aimpoint.com/products/mounting-solutions/acro-qd-mount-22-mm-for-weaver-picatinny-rail

titsonritz
10-31-22, 22:10
ADM's looks pretty low.
https://www.admmfg.com/aimpoint-acro-mount
If I wasn't in a big hurry I'd wait for an Arisaka rendition, their low mount are not only very low but also very slick sans QD.

mig1nc
11-03-22, 09:32
Thanks guys.

Looks like the original aimpoint is about a millimeter lower than the ADM based on the claimed 22mm vs 0.92" optical axis claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

titsonritz
11-18-22, 02:25
It was bound to happen...the fake ACROs have arrived, here is how to spot them...

Aimpoint ACRO: Don’t Get Fooled by a Fake (https://smallarmsreview.com/aimpoint-acro-dont-get-fooled/)

El Vaquero
11-20-22, 13:32
Pretty decent looking fakes. All the more reason to buy from a legit Aimpoint distributor.

But if they’re cheap, it’s not a bad option if one has a dedicated training sim gun or air soft gun.

titsonritz
11-20-22, 18:49
But if they’re cheap, it’s not a bad option if one has a dedicated training sim gun or air soft gun.

Not a bad idea.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-22-22, 17:56
Found an ACRO P2 in stock at a Castle Rock gun store. They wanted $800.

Where the eff does a regular joe find one in stock for normal price?

GTF425
11-22-22, 18:18
Found an ACRO P2 in stock at a Castle Rock gun store. They wanted $800.

Where the eff does a regular joe find one in stock for normal price?

A guy I work with bought one from Big Tex. I missed the chance to snag one from Aimpoint direct, but that may be an option for you, too.

newyork
11-24-22, 13:33
Are these much harder to conceal than a 509 or rmr? I want a mill a g19. Either doing my 3rd rmr or trying closed emitter. I have serious reservations about going with a Chinese owned company but the 509 is very tempting other. P2 seems to be king of the hill but huge on a 19 and to carry.

RHINOWSO
11-25-22, 11:36
I don't think it's that much harder to conceal (from the photos, I don't have a P-2) but it is larger than a 509 of any variety. I went to a 509-ACSS from an RMR / 507, and it's no different for me, so I can't imagine it'll be much harder if you conceal with an RMR now.

I was anti-ChinSun for a long time, but they are blowing the tires off Trijicon, Leupold, and others. If the P-1 had a decent battery life, I probably would have tried it over the 507 then 509, but it chugged kock so I see no need to change at this time to a P-2 (the Steiner MPS seems to be sucking as well).

I actually got a second 509 'Open Box' for $125 off normal last week and will be getting a 19.5 slide cut (my current one is on a 19.4). I replace the ACSS reticles every 6 months, since they aren't as efficient as the dot only models. Only once have I had one starting to run down (was dimmer than usual but still usable) but with a new battery it was good to go; this is with 509 x 1 and 507 x 3 examples as a data set.

ggammell
11-25-22, 14:13
Aimpoint just took an order for 20k units for a government agency. Don’t expect to see them in stock until Spring.

newyork
11-25-22, 15:04
509/rmr just got more appealing

Rayrevolver
11-30-22, 21:31
Scalarworks has them in stock. $699 with a mount that sells for $149. So getting the P2 for $550 is a good deal these days.

titsonritz
12-01-22, 00:37
Scalarworks has them in stock. $699 with a mount that sells for $149. So getting the P2 for $550 is a good deal these days.

I saw that, but wouldn't use their mount for a P2 and don't feel like buying a mount I'd have to sell.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-09-22, 17:38
I snagged one directly from Aimpoint yesterday morning. $549 shipped and should be here 12/14.

Rayrevolver
12-10-22, 12:53
I snagged one directly from Aimpoint yesterday morning. $549 shipped and should be here 12/14.

Nice!

Not sure why I didn't get a notification... although I don't have cash laying around to snag a second.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-10-22, 17:35
Nice!

Not sure why I didn't get a notification... although I don't have cash laying around to snag a second.

Strangely, I didn’t get a notification either. I got a text from a buddy that got one and I jumped. I’m signed up for notifications but would’ve missed it otherwise.

mebiuspower
12-19-22, 08:33
FDE P-2 ... restricted to LE/Mil customers only.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmWjNdLrbCV/

gamewarden
12-19-22, 09:13
FDE P-2 ... restricted to LE/Mil customers only.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmWjNdLrbCV/

Getting in line now!

rrich1
12-20-22, 21:13
Nice!

Not sure why I didn't get a notification... although I don't have cash laying around to snag a second.I haven't gotten notifications from them the last few times they came in stock. I did check the site last week and snagged one with the Leo discount. Got it today. Fast shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-21-22, 17:45
I’m about 600 rounds in on my P2. I’ve been keeping it around 2nd to 3 highest brightness for daytime visibility. Glass is very clear, optic seems to be built tough like an Aimpoint. If the battery life beats the MPS, I’ll ditch the MPS altogether and see if I can scrounge up another P2.

Rayrevolver
12-22-22, 17:08
I’m about 600 rounds in on my P2. I’ve been keeping it around 2nd to 3 highest brightness for daytime visibility. Glass is very clear, optic seems to be built tough like an Aimpoint. If the battery life beats the MPS, I’ll ditch the MPS altogether and see if I can scrounge up another P2.

What are you running the P-2 on? I have it on a STI, maybe 250 rounds and no issues. To be honest, it doesn't do anything better or worse than the 509T X2, but I have a touch more trust with Aimpoint than Holosun.

I ended up with a Acro P1 as well, and trying to sell it so I can get another P-2 for a PCC. But it hasn't sold and I am tempted to just run the P-1. The battery life is not an issue when run on a PCC.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
12-22-22, 17:49
What are you running the P-2 on? I have it on a STI, maybe 250 rounds and no issues. To be honest, it doesn't do anything better or worse than the 509T X2, but I have a touch more trust with Aimpoint than Holosun.

I ended up with a Acro P1 as well, and trying to sell it so I can get another P-2 for a PCC. But it hasn't sold and I am tempted to just run the P-1. The battery life is not an issue when run on a PCC.

Glock 45

I agree with the 509T comment, and I see it the same way you do. If the Holosun wasn't commie made, it would check all the boxes for me. I really like my 509 though.

https://i.imgur.com/jIqV7pC.jpg

Vgex2
12-22-22, 19:55
Sorry for the quality:
Size comparison of the P-2 and 509t. I like the mount on the ACRO far more than the 509t. Seems much more robust.
https://i.imgur.com/HscvVpdm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QplTyV0m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sI8eEUKm.jpg

mebiuspower
05-02-23, 11:35
Optional aluminum battery cap... made under request of certain customers.

https://i.imgur.com/CjaOLqD.png

mebiuspower
05-02-23, 11:35
double post

titsonritz
05-02-23, 13:53
Optional aluminum battery cap... made under request of certain customers.

https://i.imgur.com/CjaOLqD.png

Does hold a spare battery?

mebiuspower
05-02-23, 16:21
Does hold a spare battery?

Nope.

mebiuspower
05-03-23, 13:02
Feels sturdier than the plastic cap that's for sure.

https://i.imgur.com/ANRxvz5.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/oD5NNMU.jpg

titsonritz
05-29-23, 22:27
Another aluminum cap option, this one carries a spare battery...
https://wagermachineworks.com/product/wmw-battery-cap-for-aimpoint-acro-p2/

They also have unfinished and bulk buying options.

mebiuspower
08-10-23, 07:55
Severe Duty Battery Cover from TangoDown.

https://tangodown.com/p2-cap-severe-duty-battery-cover-for-aimpoint-acro-p2

agr1279
08-10-23, 19:56
Has anyone had issues with the batter life or the seals failing and allowing moisture into the optic? We are running about 40 at work and we have had more failures than I would care to admit to. Everything from water in the optic to it having an extremely high battery drain. I think I had a battery last about two months. I don't turn my off and the lreticle setting varies depending on what shift I'm working. Trying to find answers.

Daniel

Budget
08-11-23, 17:15
Has anyone had issues with the batter life or the seals failing and allowing moisture into the optic? We are running about 40 at work and we have had more failures than I would care to admit to. Everything from water in the optic to it having an extremely high battery drain. I think I had a battery last about two months. I don't turn my off and the lreticle setting varies depending on what shift I'm working. Trying to find answers.

Daniel

Mine has been on since January of 2022 on the original battery. I know, I should proactively change it. It was on a duty gun about a year and change and is my current EDC. No issues whatsoever. I have another sitting in a box waiting for a host.

I wonder if your location has something to do with it. Sun burns a little brighter down there than here.

rrich1
08-16-23, 20:19

DanielI've had mine set for night use since January. No issues with battery life since then. Haven't ran it through water but have been rained on with no issues so far. I'd definitely contact aimpoint.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk