PDA

View Full Version : H&K weapons for Aberdeen Proving Ground

Slater
12-08-08, 16:25
https://aais.ria.army.mil/aais/award_web_09/W52H0909P0045/000000.pdf

Is the above order (for five HK416's with 10.4 inch barrel and five G36C's with 8.9 inch barrels) part of the M4 replacement trials?

dewatters
12-09-08, 19:13
I suspect it is more of a 5.56mm PDW requirement.

In the last two months, TACOM also bought five each of the Bushmaster PDW (7.5" barrel), SIG Commando, and Kel-Tec SU16D9. All are being shipped to Aberdeen.

NickB
12-09-08, 20:25
PDW. If I'm not mistaken, this project is still not a formal "competition" yet, but that may change at some point in the near future.

BAC
12-10-08, 10:22
Magpul could bank with a competition by fielding a production version of the PDR. ;)

-B

olds442tyguy
12-10-08, 14:16
Kind of ironic HK would push the G36C with the recent events involving the Bundeswehr making public statements about how bad the G36 sucks.

DocGKR
12-10-08, 14:33
They have to push them on some unsuspecting suckers...

Spooky130
12-10-08, 16:31
Kind of ironic HK would push the G36C with the recent events involving the Bundeswehr making public statements about how bad the G36 sucks.

Got a link? Not that I doubt it but just interested in what they said...

Spooky

olds442tyguy
12-10-08, 17:16
Got a link? Not that I doubt it but just interested in what they said...

Spooky

No link unfortunately as it was a translation of an article posted on a German site. I'm not sure if it can help you find a link, but the picture posted below is the actual one shown in the story and as such, is still hosted by them.

Miscellaneous

Trouble with Bundeswehr´s standard issued weapons.

http://www.n-tv.de/img/778993_src_path.ZvAw.jpg

Berlin (ddp/dpa) - The standard assault rifle G36 of the Armed Forces, which is also used by German Peacekeeping Forces in Afghanistan, has shown major material faults, according to the Operative Command of the Armed Forces in Berlin.

But the most weapons already had been checked and affected parts have been exchanged. Only the German contingent in Afghanistan uses about 3,000 of these assault rifle. Tens of thousands rifles of this type are in service with the Bundeswehr at the moment. In meanwhile the weapons used abroad would again correspond to the requirements, a spokesperson said. Also the Weapons of German soldiers in Bosnia and in Kosovo were concerned.

The faulty part could have led to uncontrollably fired shots and heat-caused self firings. Additionally, a number of the affected rifles could not be loaded entirely, but only partially.
Nevertheless, the spokesperson denied the occuring of any situation in which soldiers could have been in danger.
The rifle is produced by well-known manufacturer Heckler and Koch and was valued as pretty faultless. It has been in use with the Armed Forces since the end of 1997 in addition to the older assault rifle G 3.

This story is around a year and a half old for the record.