PDA

View Full Version : CHPWS Defender Window Holosun for Glock

pag23
05-28-21, 15:58
Anyone with experience with this Defender window from CHWPS?

https://chpws.com/product/defender-mos-holosun-407c-507c-508t-round-face

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-31-21, 04:54
No direct experience, though many users on M4C and SnipersHide have had less than stellar experiences with the company itself. YMMV.

Wake27
05-31-21, 10:14
And ARFCOM and I think I recently saw a negative post from someone on 1911addicts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pag23
05-31-21, 15:34
And ARFCOM and I think I recently saw a negative post from someone on 1911addicts.

Was it the plate performing poorly or the customer service? I can deal with crappy service, just don't want a crappy product...I can always just get an EGW, without the window

Thanks for the responses guys!

gaijin
05-31-21, 17:50
My experience; good product(s), grudging CS and seemingly disorganized management.

ndmiller
05-31-21, 19:34
I recently got a plate and 509T (based on RdS thread recommendation) from them at a combo price deal, first purchase for first glock mos pistol. It arrived in less than a week, no issues. Installed the plate and 509T, no issues, so as expected I guess.

ygbsm
05-31-21, 19:37
I had a positive experience. Quick shipping, good product.

RWH24
06-01-21, 13:42
Good plate experience 2x. G19 MOS and G48 MOS.
Never used the Defender. I did look at it last night as I am about to need another plate for a G17 MOS.
Really does not appeal to me as I have had several RDS on handguns and never had an issue where I thought I needed a Defender.

pag23
06-01-21, 16:43
I ordered it today, will post photos once received.... May not take to range for a bit.

awmp
06-22-21, 10:52
I have the first version but for an RMR / Glock mount. Was given to me to test and to be honest I like the idea but not the material. It gives protection to the optic but that protection is polymer. If you go to Sage Dynamics YouTube you will see where it performed its job but the defender surrounding the optic broke.

The company that produces these has grown quickly and is still catching up to supply and demand. I still like, use and buy their products for RMRs and Holosuns red dots for my Glocks, Sigs and Staccato.

That being said I'm still old school and like the mounts I use for my pistol to be metal. I don't feel the polymer has the strength and durability for hard use. Call and talk to the owner and he will disagree and begin talking about Magpul mags. I get it. But even during other times I did not like Magpul mags and used Lancer due to the metal feed lips and not Magpu polymer feed lips. (another story).

Bottom line, your choice, many are using the defender I'm sure. I tend to be the guy that can break a steel shot put so I try to think of it that way.

CPM
06-22-21, 16:58
Another fantastic solution to a problem that does not exist.

Striker6
06-22-21, 22:25
I ordered it today, will post photos once received.... May not take to range for a bit.
Did you ever receive yours?

Nocaster
06-22-21, 23:42
I received mine. I did not realize it was plastic until I received it. I watched the videos by the CHPWS guy, and while they are very convincing, the piece just does not "feel" robust to me. I'm not planning to use it.

I fully admit that I'm not basing my opinion on any empirical data.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

pag23
06-23-21, 03:30
Did you ever receive yours?

Yup, and as Nocaster noted I really didn't pick up on the polymer option either until I received it....because I failed to fully read the description. They recommend it for EDC so us wannabes don't damage our expensive optic and whine about it on forums. I will probably mount it at some point, but I haven't been to the range at all to shoot anything in awhile

After getting it, the price should be less than the Aluminum plate.

chamber143
06-26-21, 18:19
Must be something negative about the CS because everyone I know who uses their plates swear they are top notch. I went with forward controls when I was looking for an rmr plate so I can’t vouch for their quality. But FCD is top notch. As for this product though I can’t really see a need for it. I buy trijicon because I know I may beat the hell out of it. And I’m hard on my carry gun and my rmr looks relatively new all things considered. So it may well be a solution looking for a problem.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-27-21, 16:11
Must be something negative about the CS because everyone I know who uses their plates swear they are top notch. I went with forward controls when I was looking for an rmr plate so I can’t vouch for their quality. But FCD is top notch. As for this product though I can’t really see a need for it. I buy trijicon because I know I may beat the hell out of it. And I’m hard on my carry gun and my rmr looks relatively new all things considered. So it may well be a solution looking for a problem.

Veil Solutions just posted about major issues with CHPWS quality, and numerous users commented about the terrible quality of and even worse customer service afterwards.

chamber143
06-27-21, 16:46
Veil Solutions just posted about major issues with CHPWS quality, and numerous users commented about the terrible quality of and even worse customer service afterwards.

Damn. Glad I went with FCD when I bought mine. Mainly because it was steel and not aluminum and it was solid quality and shipped the same day, hell within 20 minutes of completion of the purchase. I had no idea they had quality issues. I know when I was looking for a plate there were 5-1 CHPWS but the steel made the decision for me. Having to take it off early to change batteries, I was concerned with the threads stripping or wearing out.

pag23
06-27-21, 20:20

Link?

I didn't have any issues with my part shipping or the quality of what I got, but I haven't mounted it yet.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
06-28-21, 01:17
Link?

I didn't have any issues with my part shipping or the quality of what I got, but I haven't mounted it yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQXDc2BnfFY/
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?228678-Negative-experience-with-CHPWS&highlight=
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/chpws-rmr-plates-are-junk-and-their-customer-service-is-just-as-bad.7029694/

RWH24
06-28-21, 11:20
I have 2 thin plates on my G43X & 48 MOS slides for the Holosun 407. I have used their plates for 2 Glock MOS slides, RMR and Holosun RDS.
NEVER have I had a loose or sloppy fit between plate and slide, thick or thin. Goodntight :dance3:

pag23
07-13-21, 04:47
Test mounted it this weekend on my G19 G5 MOS....no issues with fit or function, no gaps with the slide. It fits very snug but that isn't a bad thing, I just need to get suppressor sights.