PDA

View Full Version : Best quality CR2032 cells?

Disciple
05-30-21, 11:27
What are the most reliable CR2032 cells currently on the market? I have had problems with Chinese batteries in the past so I don't trust them.

Allen
05-30-21, 12:06
Panasonic - they have a Company store on Amazon & don't allow resellers from what I've seen.

Red*Lion
05-30-21, 13:10
I have also had good luck with duracell. Only buy lithium of course. Battery Junction is the place to buy batteries from, especially in bulk.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/search-results.html?keywords=lithium+cr2032

Disciple
05-30-21, 13:26
I have also had good luck with duracell.

Were the ones that worked well for you made in China? I believe they previously had a different origin. Energizer too. Now it's China.

Red*Lion
05-30-21, 13:54
Were the ones that worked well for you made in China? I believe they previously had a different origin. Energizer too. Now it's China.

I don't know to tell you the truth.

ggammell
05-30-21, 16:58
Sony.

TomMcC
05-30-21, 19:06
Sony.

I use Sony also. The batteries are now Murata. Sony sold the battery part of the company to them. The packaging looks the same but no Sony name.

05-30-21, 19:47
I’ve been buying 12 packs of Surefire for years and they’ve always seemed to be gtg.

GJM
05-30-21, 19:56
Good luck with Duracell and Renata.

gunnerblue
05-30-21, 20:45
I’ve been buying 12 packs of Surefire for years and they’ve always seemed to be gtg.

Do you mean the 3v 123's? I can't find anything about Surefire 2032's.

I've used Duracells and Energizers for years with no complaints. Unaware about recent Chinese changes, tho

AndyLate
06-02-21, 22:02
I just make sure the 2032s are marked Japan and rock on.

Andy

Straight Shooter
06-03-21, 00:33
I just make sure the 2032s are marked Japan and rock on.

Andy

What brand do you use? I just looked at two unopened packs of Energizers and they both say "made in Indonesia, Japan or China".
Dont mind the first two- but damn the last one.

AndyLate
06-03-21, 06:25
What brand do you use? I just looked at two unopened packs of Energizers and they both say "made in Indonesia, Japan or China".
Dont mind the first two- but damn the last one.

I buy mine in brick-and-mortar stores and you can see the country of manufacture on the batteries through the packaging. I look at multiple stores and just pick up a few packs when I find the Japan made ones.

I have not found a brand that is consistently non-China in a store.

I am sure my wife thinks I am nuts.

Andy

Straight Shooter
06-03-21, 12:42
I buy mine in brick-and-mortar stores and you can see the country of manufacture on the batteries through the packaging. I look at multiple stores and just pick up a few packs when I find the Japan made ones.

I have not found a brand that is consistently non-China in a store.

I am sure my wife thinks I am nuts.

Andy

HA! You aint man. I dont want that mess either. Im gonna look around at packages next time I go to the store.
SUPPOSEDLY...according Battery Junction....the Chinese have come out with a "superior" CR123 they now sell.
Be interesting to see those tested against Surefires.

AndyLate
06-03-21, 13:37
HA! You aint man. I dont want that mess either. Im gonna look around at packages next time I go to the store.
SUPPOSEDLY...according Battery Junction....the Chinese have come out with a "superior" CR123 they now sell.
Be interesting to see those tested against Surefires.

At least US-made CR123s are easy to find.

Fortunate1
06-03-21, 13:54
I just took a Red Dot shooting class We were told to stick to Duracell. Apparently people have showed up not understanding how to insert their batteries, turns out they were out of spec and they were not Duracell.
Made in a Wuhan Lab.

81mmcat
06-03-21, 14:18
these are the ones I buy https://www.batteryjunction.com/20encr3vophl.html made in USA

Adrenaline_6
06-03-21, 14:18
Surefire CR123's along with other "US-made" cells are Japanese cells just made at US based plants.

Straight Shooter
06-03-21, 17:23
At least US-made CR123s are easy to find.
True dat...but man are they a little pricey tho.

these are the ones I buy https://www.batteryjunction.com/20encr3vophl.html made in USA
I appreciate that link. Battery Junction is a cool place..plus the knowledge base there is terrific. Anyone just getting into the game of lights, batteries, emergency lighting, ect...thats a place Id recommend.

jpgm
06-03-21, 19:44
+1 on batteryjunction.com in general. I've received many of the Panasonic CR123's (50 ct) boxes with fast shipping.

jpgm

Steve Christ
06-04-21, 01:02
Goodluck with duracell !