PDA

View Full Version : AimPoint PRO detachable mount recommendations

Adrenaline19
06-05-21, 13:17
I have an AimPoint PRO on my SBR and am looking for recommendations for a detachable mount and then just go irons vs a mount that co witnesses irons lower 1/3.

rockapede
06-05-21, 15:11
Did it not come with a QRP2 mount (big knob on the left)? That mount sucks, IMO, but it’s QD. Midwest Industries makes a plate with a locking lever that replaces just the knob portion of the QRP mount; it’s a much more robust solution while retaining QD and cost effectiveness.

Inkslinger
06-05-21, 17:27
I’m not a fan of the knob on the Aimpoint mount. I went with a BOBRO and never looked back.

Adrenaline19
06-05-21, 19:41
Yes it did come with the big knob.
Shame on me for not in tune to it being quick release.
Midwest here I come.

Adrenaline19
06-05-21, 19:41
Thank you ! !
I will look into this option as well.

MadAngler1
06-06-21, 10:43
Can’t go wrong with a Larue cantilever mount. I have two, one of which is 10+ years old and have never had an issue.

American Defense is my other choice.

jsbhike
06-06-21, 11:14
Did it not come with a QRP2 mount (big knob on the left)? That mount sucks, IMO, but it’s QD. Midwest Industries makes a plate with a locking lever that replaces just the knob portion of the QRP mount; it’s a much more robust solution while retaining QD and cost effectiveness.

I think that is still going to be the more or less absolute co-witness height.

Lower 1/3 will need a taller spacer from SKD tactical(not 100% sure in production) or a definitely out of production one from Mounting Solutions Plus.

vandal5
06-06-21, 11:24
I’m not a fan of the knob on the Aimpoint mount. I went with a BOBRO and never looked back.

I will second this. I have the lower 1/3rd mount and really like it. If I didn't pick this one up for such a deal I likely would have gone with a La Rue.

gunnerblue
06-06-21, 11:29
I've gone Bobro for almost all QD needs (still have one larue spr) due to increased clamping surface over other brands.

AndyLate
06-07-21, 00:34
Purely an FYI, both Midway USA and Primary Arms have the MI-QDAPM slightly cheaper than Midwest Industries does on their site.

Edit/P.S. - I just noticed your other post - the MI QD plate really only makes sense if you are good with the height of the PRO. If you want lower 1/3 height and QD both, replacing the PRO mount is probably the most viable solution.