PDA

View Full Version : Shoplifting in SanFrancisco and my solution

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-17-21, 14:16
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/16/us/san-francisco-shoplifting-walgreens/index.html

At least the security guard takes a swipe at his bags, and he’ll probably lose his job for it.

My solution.

Go outside with a stick or a pipe, wait for him to exit. Stick into his wheel spokes, and then when he dumps it then beat his ass as you scream “WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE”. Take his booty and his bike and ride off…

I’m not psycho, that is straight up Robin Hood stuff there…

Johnny Rico
06-17-21, 14:39
It's been going on for a while now.

https://www.city-journal.org/san-francisco-crime

Artos
06-17-21, 15:30
Wife showed me a vid of a guy casually walking into the super market, grabbing some steaks & went about his day out the door...if you tell people no consequences for stealing anything under $950 then what do you think will happen??

titsonritz
06-17-21, 15:54
F' it, I'm going to start doing all my little "shopping" in California, even with gas prices I should be able to come out out ahead.

kerplode
06-17-21, 16:16
Shoplifting is, for all intents and purposes, legal in San Franshithole. Cops don't care 'cause the city values the unhoused and the takers over the productive workers and business owners.

What the cops would care about, though, is you assaulting that poor unhoused individual to get your stuff back. They'd absolutely care about that and you'd catch charges and get a ride for your troubles.

The solution is for those businesses to relocate somewhere else and just let San Franshithole eat itself.

Unfortunately, that'll only work for a while, though...These "values" will spread like a cancer. People eventually realize "Why should I bust my ass working when I can just smoke weed all day, get a check from the government, and steal whatever else I need? And I'll be damn sure to vote for whoever gives me the most free shit, more than once if they'll let me!"

Johnny Rico
06-17-21, 16:26
It's not just shoplifting either. There are entire theft rings dedicated to stealing catalytic converters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLrRj7AJsc

At 2:28 they show a car owner (grandson maybe?) just watching while the thieves steal his property. Why isn't he at the very least calling the cops or taking a picture of the license plate of the thieves' car?

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-17-21, 17:01
Catalytic convertors are going missing in our part of town too. How can you do that at night and not make a racket?

Pretty soon the stores will close, and those areas will get less and less service. That or you'll have to stand there and wait for someone to unlock the antacids and everything else.

I hope the mom and pop shops are holding up allright. IF the national chains ran by the corporate elites woke idiots takes it in the ass, all the more delish.

Make everything in the store $1000 unless you have a shoppers card at check out.

I still like my original idea. There is something symmetrical about its asymmetry.

Honu
06-17-21, 17:26
reopen alcatraz and just dump them off few hundred yards from it and tell them to swim
let them work it out with each other :)

Johnny Rico
06-17-21, 17:28
I know it's medieval, but part of me thinks there is something to the idea of taking someone's hand for theft.

I'm fortunate it wasn't my car in that video. I would have been in fear for my life the moment the driver pointed that propane torch at me.

Diamondback
06-17-21, 18:55
reopen alcatraz and just dump them off few hundred yards from it and tell them to swim
let them work it out with each other :)

Why do you wanna give the sharks food poisoning like that?

pag23
06-17-21, 18:58
I know it's medieval, but part of me thinks there is something to the idea of taking someone's hand for theft.

I'm fortunate it wasn't my car in that video. I would have been in fear for my life the moment the driver pointed that propane torch at me.

You aren't alone in your thinking.....

Diamondback
06-17-21, 19:00
Am I the only one becoming a fan of dye-packs loaded with capsaicin and skunk spray? Thief gets visibly marked, get some "Don't Do Again" pain and nobody wants to be anywhere near because of the noxious smell.

Vandal
06-17-21, 20:16
Shoplifting is, for all intents and purposes, legal in San Franshithole. Cops don't care 'cause the city values the unhoused and the takers over the productive workers and business owners.

What the cops would care about, though, is you assaulting that poor unhoused individual to get your stuff back. They'd absolutely care about that and you'd catch charges and get a ride for your troubles.

The solution is for those businesses to relocate somewhere else and just let San Franshithole eat itself.

Unfortunately, that'll only work for a while, though...These "values" will spread like a cancer. People eventually realize "Why should I bust my ass working when I can just smoke weed all day, get a check from the government, and steal whatever else I need? And I'll be damn sure to vote for whoever gives me the most free shit, more than once if they'll let me!"

It's not that the cops don't care, it's they have been told by the prosecutor's office they won't file the charges. I work near the sh!thole known as Seattle, but still in King County. We literally have a list of crimes the King County Prosecutor's Office will not charge. We can make the arrest, write the case and do the right thing but they will decline the case and scold us for wasting their time. All the while we know that same office is currently out for blood against any cop for any reason they can think of. Welcome to modern policing, do your job and get sued, fired, charged. Do nothing, collect the check and pension. BTW, your leadership/admin doesn't give a damn and won't stand up with or for you.

Honu
06-17-21, 22:29
Why do you wanna give the sharks food poisoning like that?

Good call :) maybe helicopter drop em on the land instead :)

Diamondback
06-17-21, 23:44
It's not that the cops don't care, it's they have been told by the prosecutor's office they won't file the charges. I work near the sh!thole known as Seattle, but still in King County. We literally have a list of crimes the King County Prosecutor's Office will not charge. We can make the arrest, write the case and do the right thing but they will decline the case and scold us for wasting their time. All the while we know that same office is currently out for blood against any cop for any reason they can think of. Welcome to modern policing, do your job and get sued, fired, charged. Do nothing, collect the check and pension. BTW, your leadership/admin doesn't give a damn and won't stand up with or for you.

Hang in there, amigo. One day you'll get hired at a more appreciative and supportive jurisdiction nearby... Pierce County used to be a big refuge for former SPD and KCSO, but the cancer of Seattle Leftism has spread to Tacoma too. (When a Democrat runs against a "Seattle Leftist," that tells you there's trouble in paradise... then again, WA GOP suck sweaty balls too.)

lowprone
06-18-21, 00:02
Amerika ...... What a Country !!!!!

flenna
06-18-21, 06:59
Eh, I say leave them alone since the good folks in San Fran voted that DA and city council in. Several weeks ago Walgreens announced they closed 17 stores in the city due to shoplifting with more to come. Other chains have done the same. When the local citizens have to drive an hour or more to get their meds maybe they will start thinking before they vote. Or maybe not, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Averageman
06-18-21, 08:16
Pack up, sell out and move to America.

Arik
06-18-21, 08:41
Pack up, sell out and move to America.And that would be where

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-18-21, 08:52
Eh, I say leave them alone since the good folks in San Fran voted that DA and city council in. Several weeks ago Walgreens announced they closed 17 stores in the city due to shoplifting with more to come. Other chains have done the same. When the local citizens have to drive an hour or more to get their meds maybe they will start thinking before they vote. Or maybe not, liberalism is a mental disorder.

They will just pass a law forcing stores to open there. Or they’ll open government stores subsidized by the taxpayer.

ChattanoogaPhil
06-18-21, 09:02
San Francisco's plan to give away free alcohol and cigs didn't work? Maybe give everyone a San Francisco government credit card. That ought to reduce theft on par with open borders reducing illegal crossings. No crime Utopia.

flenna
06-18-21, 11:30
They will just pass a law forcing stores to open there. Or they’ll open government stores subsidized by the taxpayer.

If we continue on this path I’d say the latter is highly probable.

Vgex2
06-18-21, 11:54
Ah yes. Can you imagine it. Govt owned grocery/pharmacy stores. Nothing is in stock. Operated at 10x the cost of a retail location. Understaffed, but with 3x as many as necessary on the payroll. All required to order product from Govt approved China-made generic everything. I can't wait.

sandsunsurf
06-18-21, 12:03

Would people be able to walk in and steal still? Or would theft from a government store be different? Would Chesa et al be able to explain why that theft would be different (if it was)?

If the government store was also a free for all, I’d advocate for all of us to put on our Covid masks and walk in and take what we want.

I wonder, would Chesa post his home address as let us come take what we want? It’s so f-ing ridiculous that somehow theft is okay…. Grrrr this thread got me started…