PDA

View Full Version : Way to go WV! Taxes related to arms and ammo nixed.

jsbhike
06-20-21, 17:07
TN citizens got rid of a long standing special tax on ammo a couple years back, now WV has upped the bar. We need more of this.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/west-virginia-governor-eliminating-sales-tax-guns-tax-break-gun-manufacturers

CRAMBONE
06-20-21, 17:10
I’m torn on this issue. In my state taxes on firearms, ammo and all outdoor items go directly to wildlife and fisheries.

gunnerblue
06-20-21, 17:20
Deleted

Straight Shooter
06-20-21, 19:02
I’m torn on this issue. In my state taxes on firearms, ammo and all outdoor items go directly to wildlife and fisheries.

I thought TN's did too, I know when I was a kid it did.
I can tolerate it for THAT reason, but no other.
But, getting rid of any tax on a Right, is a good thing indeed.

jsbhike
06-20-21, 19:30

TN had a special ammo excise tax in addition to TN state/local sales tax that got routed to fish and Wildlife stuff that got repealed a few years back. While I like outdoor stuff, as you point out taxing a Right is a wrong in and of itself not to mention the Fudd and Tree hugger antigun angles in play.

Honu
06-20-21, 21:15
Sure they do !

I do not trust anything taxed to go where it should !

Straight Shooter
06-20-21, 23:31
TN had a special ammo excise tax in addition to TN state/local sales tax that got routed to fish and Wildlife stuff that got repealed a few years back. While I like outdoor stuff, as you point out taxing a Right is a wrong in and of itself not to mention the Fudd and Tree hugger antigun angles in play.

I appreciate that info...been gone from TN 10 years now, not far, but out of the loop on the goings on there.

CRAMBONE
06-21-21, 00:17

Hence the reason I am torn, I also believe taxation is theft. I guess personally I can differentiate between income tax and these being sales taxes.

Straight Shooter
06-21-21, 05:44
Hence the reason I am torn, I also believe taxation is theft. I guess personally I can differentiate between income tax and these being sales taxes.

Know what would be a great idea? if, at the point of sale for any of the previously taxed items, they asked if yould like to round up your purchase a few cents to the next dollar, to go for the previously tax supported outdoor causes. I can feel MUCH better about voluntarily supporting that cause/reason over having a 2A Right taxed & forced to support.

mark5pt56
06-21-21, 06:37
I don't believe anything should be taxed beyond the sales tax.

The_War_Wagon
06-21-21, 08:04
SAD to say, I went to Parkersburg on Saturday - took Rt.2 from Wheeling down the river (scenic route). Saw two CLOSED (out-of-business) gunshops along the way. :(