PDA

View Full Version : A2 Flat Top Upper

GH41
06-21-21, 17:21
Do any of you guys know of a source for an A2 flat top upper (no M4 ramp cuts)?

monkeybutler
06-21-21, 18:33
Aero precision makes a flat top upper without m4 ramps. I think Larue also has an upper without ramps.

CrowCommand
06-21-21, 18:49
I'm curious, what is desirable about an upper without the ramps cut? Clone correctness?

GH41
06-21-21, 19:33
I'm curious, what is desirable about an upper without the ramps cut? Clone correctness?

Nope, I bought a no name A2 upper for the receiver only. I am not getting anywhere trying to sell the parts. Thought I could sell it as a complete upper if I can find a stripped upper.

06-21-21, 21:01
That would be an A4 upper.

bamashooter
06-22-21, 06:53
Do any of you guys know of a source for an A2 flat top upper (no M4 ramp cuts)?
Nope.

Circle_10
06-22-21, 08:08
Fulton Armory had them until *relatively* recently. But they seem to be gone from the website now. I was going to get one myself but apparently I dragged my feet too long.
But it might be an item they bring back. Could even be worth calling them to inquire.

Disciple
06-22-21, 14:41
Currently out of stock but this one from Rainier Arms says No M4 Feed Ramp. https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ar-15-forged-mil-spec-stripped-upper-receiver/

3 AE
06-22-21, 16:51
I'm a bit confused. Isn't the A2 upper receiver the one with a built in carry handle that has a rear sight that has both windage and elevation adjustment and the A3 and A4 incorporate a flat top picatinny rail? A2 + Flat Top doesn't compute.

hk_shootr
06-22-21, 19:13
Correct, if the terminology is confusing to you, ignore it.

The OP is looking for a flat top upper, that does not have feed ramp cuts.

06-22-21, 21:14
I'm a bit confused. Isn't the A2 upper receiver the one with a built in carry handle that has a rear sight that has both windage and elevation adjustment and the A3 and A4 incorporate a flat top picatinny rail? A2 + Flat Top doesn't compute.

A3 was a full-auto Navy variant that shouldn’t even be referred to because they were built on A2 and A4 uppers.

mig1nc
06-23-21, 08:51
I assume he wants to match the feed ramps on a rifle barrel extension to a receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GH41
06-23-21, 09:43
Correct, if the terminology is confusing to you, ignore it.

The OP is looking for a flat top upper, that does not have feed ramp cuts.

Exactly.. In reality using the A2 style barrel on a receiver with M4 cuts probably wouldn't cause an issue. I guess I could also blend the barrel ramps into the M4 cuts if I had to. I am not having any luck selling the left over parts from the upper I bought for the receiver. See my ad in the EE under AR Parts.

hk_shootr
06-23-21, 20:55
A non feed ramped barrel in a receiver that has feed ramps is not considered to be compatible.

You could try it, but might have issues feeding

sinister
06-23-21, 21:17
Do any of you guys know of a source for an A2 flat top upper (no M4 ramp cuts)?PM me. I have a stripped no-ramps Rock River flat-top that should do what you want.

06-24-21, 15:04
A non feed ramped barrel in a receiver that has feed ramps is not considered to be compatible.

You could try it, but might have issues feeding

You can cut the feedramps with a Dremel.

I haven’t done it a long time but it’s an easy fix. We used to do it a lot back in the day when flat tops were just becoming common.