PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on USGI Issue / Style MATECH Rear Sight Assembly ?

dpast32
06-25-21, 08:04
Good Morning Gents, I have a simple question in regards to the USGI type MATECH Rear Sight ? I just saw an example for sale here on the E/E Sub-Forum, & noted that the aperture appeared quite a bit smaller in diameter than previous versions I've observed. The examples I remember appeared to have a nice, somewhat large, almost Ghost Ring type aperture. Were they manufactured & issued with 2 different aperture sizes, or do I recall it incorrectly ? THANKS Guys !

Best, Dom P.

06-25-21, 11:15
They used to come with a plastic insert at one point that made them smaller, or larger without. The ones on my unit’s M4A1s have small aperture only.

dpast32
06-25-21, 11:56
THANKS My Friend, I knew I had seen them larger at one point ! It's not that I really need one at the moment, but when I came across one earlier I had to see why I remembered it as being bigger.

Dom

jsbhike
06-25-21, 14:41
They used to come with a plastic insert at one point that made them smaller, or larger without. The ones on my unit’s M4A1s have small aperture only.

The snap in sounds more like a KAC 300M.

https://www.knightarmco.com/3864/shop/sighting/buis/standard/rear-300m-micro-sight-2

Every Matech I have handled or seen has had an aperture similar in size to the small/unmarked aperture on the A2/detachable carry handle/LMT type rear.

06-25-21, 14:46
The snap in sounds more like a KAC 300M.

https://www.knightarmco.com/3864/shop/sighting/buis/standard/rear-300m-micro-sight-2

Every Matech I have handled or seen has had an aperture similar in size to the small/unmarked aperture on the A2/detachable carry handle/LMT type rear.

You could be right. I’ll check my older one tonight. I finished PMI with current guns 30 minutes before I replied earlier, so I’m fairly certain about the new ones.

Edit: you were correct. I must’ve been thinking of the KAC with the removable aperture. Both of my older Matechs are just the small aperture.

AndyLate
06-27-21, 06:48
I drilled the Matech I have on an "M-4" build for a larger aperture.

Andy