PDA

View Full Version : MI GasBlock Flipup on a Stag Model 3

lthaus
12-09-08, 10:42
Anyone out here have this setup?

I was trying to use the front Gas block flip up sights from MI and found (after trying all day to zero it in) that it is leaning a few degrees to the right. it's not real noticeable, but if you look for it right down the barrel from the business end back you can see it's not plumb..

I took my rifle in to the shop and my front gas block measured .001 less wide then the upper's rail.
The MI flip up sets flat, but when you tighten up the teeth, it leans over toward the moving clamp.

MI was Super with Customer support and sent another right away to me, but it also is leaning.

Any Stag owners out here? what Gasblock sight did you use with great results?

thanks!
v.

canucklehead
12-09-08, 10:50
Is the gas block pinned or clamped?

If clamped, you can simply cant it a little the other way to compensate (assuming of course your gas port still lines up).

If it's pinned... well.... hmmm... no idea.

lthaus
12-09-08, 10:53
Is the gas block pinned or clamped?

If clamped, you can simply cant it a little the other way to compensate (assuming of course your gas port still lines up).

If it's pinned... well.... hmmm... no idea.

it is just clamped. I don't know how much angle would start to cover the port hole.
I sent a note to Stag as well asking them about this. I'm not sure they understood how I explained it.
If I leaned the block over would I need to have the GAS port drilled (IN THE Gasblock) to line back up over the barrel port?

v.