PDA

View Full Version : Cosby conviction overturned

WillBrink
06-30-21, 12:40
Power/fame/$, has it's benefits and the most important color is green:

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/30/1011799764/bill-cosbys-conviction-for-sexual-assault-is-overturned-by-a-pennsylvania-court?

Mjolnir
06-30-21, 13:00
Power/fame/$, has it's benefits and the most important color is green:

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/30/1011799764/bill-cosbys-conviction-for-sexual-assault-is-overturned-by-a-pennsylvania-court?

On Wednesday, the Supreme Court overturned his conviction, saying that the testimony of five other women at his retrial tainted the jury.

Cosby was “in the way”.

His multiple attempts to purchase GE was not to be tolerated and he absolutely had to be silenced for speaking out against the “Neo-Black Awareness/Black Woke” BS culture that has been nurtured and protected.

It’s all about perspective, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight Shooter
06-30-21, 13:29
If for no other reason...I DELIGHT in the libtard, man -hating, woke, blah...blah...blah...TEARS being shed as we speak. I CANT WAIT to watch them.
And I NEVER believed most of those SKANKS that accused him anyway..nothing but poor poor me attention/money seeking publicity whores.

jsbhike
06-30-21, 17:10
On Wednesday, the Supreme Court overturned his conviction, saying that the testimony of five other women at his retrial tainted the jury.

Cosby was “in the way”.

His multiple attempts to purchase GE was not to be tolerated and he absolutely had to be silenced for speaking out against the “Neo-Black Awareness/Black Woke” BS culture that has been nurtured and protected.

It’s all about perspective, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have wondered about that. I hadn't heard much out of him in years till the Obama administration and Cosby was not heaping praise on Obama. Not long after the negative comments concerning Obama, the allegations and legal proceedings made news.

Inkslinger
06-30-21, 17:11
More of that “systematic racism” we keep hearing about no doubt…

SteyrAUG
06-30-21, 18:18
So as much as I want to believe Cosby, his own admissions of using Quaaludes during sex with other women really opens some doors. It wouldn't be surprising to learn he did in fact dope up some of these females to make them more suggestible. But at the same time, I find it very difficult to believe that he did this to 33 unwilling victims and none of them ever said a word.

I think most of them probably were taken advantage of at some level but then later jumped on the "me too" bandwagon with claims that they were forced to have sex against their will or under the influence of drugs that they never agreed to take. These claims are always dicey as there is a high price to pay for being wrong no matter which party you choose to believe. One of the individuals involved is going to be a victim of the other.

ABNAK
06-30-21, 18:35
So as much as I want to believe Cosby, his own admissions of using Quaaludes during sex with other women really opens some doors. It wouldn't be surprising to learn he did in fact dope up some of these females to make them more suggestible. But at the same time, I find it very difficult to believe that he did this to 33 unwilling victims and none of them ever said a word.

I think most of them probably were taken advantage of at some level but then later jumped on the "me too" bandwagon with claims that they were forced to have sex against their will or under the influence of drugs that they never agreed to take. These claims are always dicey as there is a high price to pay for being wrong no matter which party you choose to believe. One of the individuals involved is going to be a victim of the other.

Looking back, weren't these women the actual basis of the "me too" movement? I don't recall that phrase more than 3 years ago.

SteyrAUG
06-30-21, 18:46
Looking back, weren't these women the actual basis of the "me too" movement? I don't recall that phrase more than 3 years ago.

Originally started with Tarana Burke and a survivors movement but later took off in reference to Harvey Weinstein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_movement

BoringGuy45
06-30-21, 19:49

Even without the rape thing, Cosby was a hypocritical piece of shit. He acted like "America's father" while he was cheating on his wife with multiple women, he's an incredible racist, and according to people I know who have met him, he is simply the most horribly mean spirited man they ever met. Even before the allegations, I had never heard a good word about him from anyone who ever met him.

The_War_Wagon
06-30-21, 20:16
Welcome to PERVSYLVANIA! :rolleyes:

Coal Dragger
06-30-21, 20:36
Even without the rape thing, Cosby was a hypocritical piece of shit. He acted like "America's father" while he was cheating on his wife with multiple women, he's an incredible racist, and according to people I know who have met him, he is simply the most horribly mean spirited man they ever met. Even before the allegations, I had never heard a good word about him from anyone who ever met him.

Uhhh he is black therefore it is impossible for him to be racist.

SteyrAUG
06-30-21, 22:52

And he's still doing way better than Mrs. Cosby. While condescending to the nation as Clair Huxtable she was regularly coked out and in a few lesbian relationships and apparently more than once with the same person having a lesbian relationship with her sister Debbie Allen. Seems cocaine and female co stars were a regular thing with them. Sounds like they ran a bigger casting couch than Mr. Cosby.

lowprone
07-01-21, 17:04
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

titsonritz
07-01-21, 18:14
Originally started with Tarana Burke and a survivors movement but later took off in reference to Harvey Weinstein.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_Too_movement

Hard to believe anyone would #MeToo that toad.

Todd.K
07-01-21, 23:21
The issue is compelled testimony, not guilt or innocence.

SteyrAUG
07-02-21, 04:21
Hard to believe anyone would #MeToo that toad.

Rapists are a special kind of F up. Feminists say "it's not about sex" and that's not completely true. But a lot of times it's simply about brutality and destroying a persons humanity. Rapist rape little kids because they are able to physically victimize them. Rapists rape old ladies because they are able to physically victimize things. And rapists rape men if they are able to physically victimize them.

It's the same mindset but a step down in severity for what motivates most serial killers to stalk, capture, usually torture and murder their victims. It isn't because "she's so hot I have to rape and murder her", it's more a case of exerting dominance over another human being makes me feel like a powerful god and I get off on their pain and suffering and more importantly their ultimate submission and acceptance of what I'm doing self validates all the evil shit I do.

Not that the victims at Auschwitz had a lot of options, but when they marched themselves to the gas chambers, the people running the camp probably thought "they do that because even THEY know that they are guilty and even THEY know what we are doing is right." But at that point most of them had been completely dehumanized by design anyway. If you gave them a gun, they'd probably turn it into a guard.

JoshNC
07-03-21, 21:00

Exactly. Someone posted this on another forum I read:

"to be fair- it is a win for constitutional protections. NOT a question of guilty/not guilty, but over zealous and improper actions by prosecutor. Prosecutor should at a minimum be sanctioned, and lose their law license over their actions. Victims should burn the persons house down, shit on their lawn and torch his /her/it's car."

jsbhike
07-03-21, 23:43

Caught that on Lehto.

https://youtu.be/trS2ZqdW4mw

Averageman
07-06-21, 17:02
Bill Cosby is Free and Brittany Spears is in a private jail and her Daddy holds the keys.
Ironical aint it?