PDA

View Full Version : Para Ordinance

S&WM4
12-09-08, 13:33
Does anybody have any inputon this manufacturer? Are they quality? I like the warthog's size and capacity but cant fnd anything on this site regarding this manufacturer. I searched with no results.

spring1271
12-09-08, 13:54
I have four of their handguns , two in 9mm, 45 and a 40 all with their Paracote finish which is terrible and wears fast and i mean fast. On all after about 50 presentations they were down to nice shiny metal in the area it contacts the holsters. But i have had no issues with there function or accuracy. All of these are LDA's as i must carry a double action where i am employed.

warpigM-4
12-09-08, 14:14
I like the warthog,but not the price:eek:

S&WM4
12-09-08, 14:23
Well your right about the price. If it is that expensive and the finish sucks, why buy it? Id rather go with a springfield. But damn the warthog is a nice little carry peice with 10 shot capacity is 45.

ToddG
12-09-08, 16:17
I'd humbly suggest that if you want a gun that size, with that kind of capacity, for CCW purposes you look at a different brand in a different caliber.

Paras have a reputation for being very hit-or-miss in the reliability department.

Short barreled .45's fail to take advantage of modern JHP designs (which, in forty-five, are built around 5" standard test barrels for the most part) and may not provide you with the terminal effects you're expecting.

Alaskapopo
12-10-08, 22:58
I like the nick name a friend of mine gave Para Ordinance. (Barely Ordinance). Their reliability is hit or miss. The small guns almost never run right. I don't even trust them for competition.
Pat

sixboysdad
12-10-08, 23:49
I searched with no results

Try Para Ordnance. No "I" in it.

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=8

I realize that they are going to be biased, but here is the Para Ordnance page about the Warthog. I personally have never owned or fired one, though I have occasionally lusted after one.

S&WM4
12-11-08, 08:06
Not too impressed with the responses. Guess I will stay away from para.

tahoe
12-11-08, 09:22
S&WM4, I carry a Para LTC 9m/m LWT commander as my off duty rig. I will admit the finish is paper thin as previously reported. My father in law has the LDA 13rd 45 acp version in stainless.

Both pistols functioned perfect "after break in". I will say this about the break in. My para experience is limited to these two guns. Both had issues within the first 200 rounds. After that they ran like a champ. I shoot the 9 m/m on a regular basis and it is never missed a beat since.

I only went with Para because I could not find anyone that made a LWT commander in blue. Hey I admit it, I like blue/black guns. The 9m/m is easy to shoot, fast follow up and holds 9 + 1.

You may be better off to continue your search, or find one you like and take the plunge,,,,

tahoe
12-11-08, 09:23
Try para-usa.com that should get you to their website,,,

Tennvol12345
12-11-08, 09:41
I have a alloy P13 that's probably 13+ years old and has 40K+ rounds thru it with no issues except for the normal spring replacements. I had Para install some trijicon sites a few years back and they opened the repair shop for me on a saturday morning. Went in, they installed the sights, test fired the gun, and handed it back to me for free.

I know that others havent had good luck but I've been happy so far.

firecapt1
12-12-08, 12:00
i have a p 14 and love it 14+1 of 45 acp had it fore 2 yrs no probs with it

Bigun
12-12-08, 21:44
I went out and purchased a LDA CCW with the vaunted Xtractor, Pretty gun and that is the only good thing I can say about it. It went back to Para twice in the first 1500 rds. The Xtractor snapped, the mag release snapped and the hammer snapped. 3rd time's the charm it was traded off for a 1945 Remington Rand. I definately got the better end of that deal. No more Para's for me.