PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run a Nox on a lightweight/pencil profile barrel?

Glock9mm1990
07-05-21, 11:11
Have a BCM ELW BFH 14.5” barrel with just their standard Comp Mod 1 P&W and I’m thinking of sending it off to D.Wilson Manufacturing to get a SOLGW NOX pinned. Would their be any issues running this device that’s a bit heavier on light weight or pencil profile barrels as far as barrel harmonics or accuracy is concerned?

JediGuy
07-05-21, 17:33
Have a BCM ELW BFH 14.5” barrel with just their standard Comp Mod 1 P&W and I’m thinking of sending it off to D.Wilson Manufacturing to get a SOLGW NOX pinned. Would their be any issues running this device that’s a bit heavier on light weight or pencil profile barrels as far as barrel harmonics or accuracy is concerned?

It won’t be a problem. I know you didn’t ask, but make sure you want the NOX before you get it pinned. Maybe more on shorter barrels, I’ve heard multiple people mention the “comp” effect was more than desired.

ggammell
07-05-21, 19:07
Have fun getting the old device cut off properly. Many a barrel have been ruined buy trying to remove a pinned and welded muzzle device.

And an ELW isn’t a pencil profile barrel.

1_click_off
07-05-21, 21:44
I am shooting 2-2.5MOA with a Faxon 16” pencil barrel and a Sandman L hanging off it with crap Remington UMC. Some of that 2-2.5MOA is from me not really doing my part. So I think you would be fine hanging anything off a pencil barrel, especially if NFA lengths.

Glock9mm1990
07-06-21, 07:11
Have fun getting the old device cut off properly. Many a barrel have been ruined buy trying to remove a pinned and welded muzzle device.

And an ELW isn’t a pencil profile barrel.

Oh I’m not doing it myself, I will be sending if off to be done professionally.

msnyder0609
07-06-21, 09:27
It won’t be a problem. I know you didn’t ask, but make sure you want the NOX before you get it pinned. Maybe more on shorter barrels, I’ve heard multiple people mention the “comp” effect was more than desired.

This. I had two Nox's. One of the originals, and one of their "updated" ones that were supposed to have addressed the over compensation. Hated them both. They significantly overdrive the muzzle down. On the other hand, the BCM comp is one of the most neutral comps I've used. Definitely find a way to try before you buy.

Glock9mm1990
07-06-21, 11:04
This. I had two Nox's. One of the originals, and one of their "updated" ones that were supposed to have addressed the over compensation. Hated them both. They significantly overdrive the muzzle down. On the other hand, the BCM comp is one of the most neutral comps I've used. Definitely find a way to try before you buy.

Hmm that is definitely a good point, maybe I should just wait until I find ether a Surefire Warcomp comes back in stock or the FCD 6315.