PDA

View Full Version : Question on Installation of Troy Drop In 7" Rail Assembly & 'Possible' Utt Ohh Moment

dpast32
07-06-21, 13:40
Hello Guys, I hope everyone here enjoyed a great 'Independence Day Holiday'. I just wanted to check on a particular point regarding the Troy Drop In Rail Assembly which I finished installing a minute ago. Honestly, other than one or two unavoidable minor scratches on my Delta Ring, it only took me about 10 minutes to complete, which considering what I went through trying to install the Magpul MOE unit, this was simplicity itself ! 'However', I think I'm having an ohh sxxt moment, for as was admiring the Rail, I happened to notice 2 small rubber 'plugs', for lack of a better description. ( @approximately dime size heads, with much thinner shaft, resembling a short plug or something similar ? Overall height via about 1/2" or so. ) The included instructions from Troy mentioned absolutely nothing about them, although I have no idea where the neck else they could have come from. It almost appears as it they're some form of buffer device to go inbetween the 2 halves of the Rail unit ? Sooo, has anyone else ever encountered these 'plugs' either with a Troy, & or any other Rail brand ? I would hate to have to disassemble the unit again, as I'm sure it will mean gouging up the delta Ring again. But, if need be, I guess I'll have to. ANY advice here will, as always be very much appreciated. THANKS

Dom P. / dpast32

omegajb
07-06-21, 14:05
Can you post a picture? I have the Troy Charlie rail and don't remember anything else in the box but seeing them might jog my memory.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

dpast32
07-06-21, 15:27
OK Gents, it was an 'non issue' all along ! Be advised that the 2 'black rubber plugs' I found on the rug once I began securing all my tools & equipment were 2 of the 4 'feet' that had fallen out of my weapons cradle. Honestly, they really did appear as if they were some type of part that went to the Rail assembly. Ohh well, live & learn. I'm really happy I don't have to reinstall that darn Rail, as it sure really wants to bugger up your Delta Ring, even when using trying to avoid it. THANKS Guys

Dom P.