PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell?

Rider79
12-10-08, 06:45
Got a DPMS M4 style kit gun. Stock with the exception of an Ergo grip, and a Troy MRF free float rail. No optics, but has an ARMS 40L BUIS on it. Its on a "K" lower, bought complete at a gun shop, unknown as to what parts are in it, the gunsmith who assembled it has since passed away. I know I can sell it for $1200 with the MRF rail on it, $1000 if I take it off. I'm not broke, nor desperate for cash. I have 4 complete lowers in the safe, and 3 complete ARs of better quality. Do I sell it so the upgrades I'm working on at the moment for my other ARs and lowers put less of a dent in my bank account, or do I stick it in the back of the safe and hope to sell it for double or more what I can get now for it after a possible future AWB?

Opinions?

AMMOTECH
12-10-08, 08:02
Seeing that you have several other AR's & lowers I'd sell it for the most that you can get for it and invest the money in training or ammo.

Rider79
12-10-08, 09:09
I've got over 8000 rounds of ammo. I'd love to go to more training classes, but unfortunately I work on the weekends when most classes around here are available. The reason I'm thinking of selling is because it'll soften the financial blow of updating my other ARs and finishing my lowers properly.

Iraq Ninja
12-10-08, 11:03
I would say to hold on to it. I am one of those kind of people who dislike selling guns. I have regretted it more than a few times.

Oh, and you do need more ammo. I only have 17,000 back in the States..

Rider79
12-10-08, 22:15
The one regret I could see having would be if a ban would go through and I could have gotten alot more for it. I would never consider it to be my gun for a SHTF scenario, not even for spare parts. More money could be invested into spare parts though, but that's a topic for another thread.