PDA

View Full Version : New rail in 200 dollar range

C-grunt
07-16-21, 11:15
Im looking to replace an old Geissele Mk2 rail on my main rifle. Probably going to do Mlok but pic isnt out of the question. My initial plan is to run a BCM MCMR (though the FDE quad rail looks super sexy) and those run about 200 bucks.

What other rails in that price range should I look at? I know the older model Centurion rails are that price but they seem to always be out of stock.

opngrnd
07-16-21, 11:18
Have you considered the ALG V3? Not a fancy option, but an option nonetheless. It's a little wider and rounder than some of the other options.

C-grunt
07-16-21, 11:43
Have you considered the ALG V3? Not a fancy option, but an option nonetheless. It's a little wider and rounder than some of the other options.

You know, I had read a while back that they were discontinuing the ALG rails so I didnt even look at them. It's still in stock as of now. Thanks for the reminder.

Stickman
07-16-21, 12:18
Im looking to replace an old Geissele Mk2 rail on my main rifle. Probably going to do Mlok but pic isnt out of the question. My initial plan is to run a BCM MCMR (though the FDE quad rail looks super sexy) and those run about 200 bucks.

What other rails in that price range should I look at? I know the older model Centurion rails are that price but they seem to always be out of stock.

CA and BCM are both well known solid setups, I own a bunch of each and can recommend them without hesitation. Cross Machine Tool is another vet owned business who makes some fantastic rails, and is slightly under 2 bills.

https://www.rainierarms.com/cmt-uhpr-mod-2-hdx-ar15-handguard-15/

Dukr
07-16-21, 12:25
I really like Midwest Industries Combat Rail. I see some mention of, but not a lot of Midwest Industries. They really have a pretty decent line of products.

Stickman
07-16-21, 12:27
I really like Midwest Industries Combat Rail. I see some mention of, but not a lot of Midwest Industries. They really have a pretty decent line of products.

Yes they do, and I should have mentioned them as well. They are introducing a line of new heavy duty / stiff rails currently as well. They are up on their webpage. I have one, but haven't installed it on anything or taken any pics of it yet.

Disciple
07-16-21, 12:47
They are introducing a line of new heavy duty / stiff rails currently as well.

Which one are you referring to?

titsonritz
07-16-21, 15:55

I don't use them enough. Everything I have from MI has been 100% GTG and decently priced.

Dutch110
07-16-21, 16:13
To echo what others have already said. I have an MI Combat rail on one of my builds and its rock solid and is probably under your price point. Also have a Centurion CMR MLOK on a pistol build. They can be had for right around 2 bills right now depending on length and are very nice as well. If you want to go Gucci you may be able to find an SLR for a little over your price point. They are sexy for sure but pricey. You may go over by 50 bucks or so. I also have a BAD on another build. Favorite out of the batch is the Centurion with the MI being a very close second. If I were on a tight budget I'd go with MI and not be upset.

C-grunt
07-16-21, 16:27
It's not really a budget thing, but if it's more than the BCM rail I'd rather just stick with the BCM.

methical20
07-16-21, 16:30
The Forward Control Designs MLOK handguard is very nice, and is made by CMT mentioned above. A friend just put a 13.7" rail on a LE6920 and it turned out fantastic.

turnburglar
07-16-21, 17:11
I have three rails that all fit this category. I'll try and outline their pro's and cons.

ALG V0: cheapest, strong. I prefer rails at the 12 o' clock. My buddy also had one and used his rail to pound in a tent stake. It caused the MLok slot that it hit to dent in a little, but the rail was 100% functional and didn't break.

BCM: Lightest weight. Super comfortable to shoot with and I love the way accessories mount. Also love how this rail looks when you put rail covers on it. Probably the least durable rail though. Not that I have had an issue with it breaking, and I haven't seen too many pics of broken BCM's, just something to note that it is the thinnest metal and shortest barrel nut.

Expo Arms Combat Rail (CMT): This rail is like the best of all the worlds. It's cheap, has a similar profile to the BCM, yet it is thick like the ALG making me think it would be a very robust rail. My ONLY complaint about this rail is that they dont offer it in more lengths. Just 9.5" and 15". I have the 9.5" on my 10.5" barrel and its perfect.