PDA

View Full Version : Fortis Pistol Update - 10Dec08

K.L. Davis
12-10-08, 06:54
You know where to go (http://vltor.wordpress.com/).

TY44934
12-10-08, 13:30
Woohoo! we are getting the original bad-ass 10mm of Miami Vice fame back!!

http://www.lycanthrolabs.com/images/fortisframes.jpg

There simply CAN'T be too many 75s if you ask me. Out-f'n-standing.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-10-08, 13:59
I guess I'm an Infidel, but I just don't get the appeal? I like 10mm and I like VLTOR, and I even like Miami Vice, but why not get a 1911 based 10mm? STI makes nice guns. Higher cap, just get a Glock 20?

markm
12-10-08, 14:27
but why not get a 1911 based 10mm? STI makes nice guns. Higher cap, just get a Glock 20?

That would not be appropriate.

militarymoron
12-10-08, 14:34
it's like this: people who want a shelby cobra, or cobra replica, want a cobra. they don't want a corvette, ferrari, maserati, lambo, lotus etc. why? cuz none of those are cobras.

TOrrock
12-10-08, 15:14
:D

Do Want!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/37144582.jpg

GlockWRX
12-10-08, 15:57
it's like this: people who want a shelby cobra, or cobra replica, want a cobra. they don't want a corvette, ferrari, maserati, lambo, lotus etc. why? cuz none of those are cobras.

That's about as good as explanation as there is. The heart wants what the heart wants.

TOrrock
12-10-08, 16:00
I need to find a white suit big enough to fit my fat ass into...... :D

GlockWRX
12-10-08, 16:06
I need to find a white suit big enough to fit my fat ass into...... :D

And a nice black Daytona Spider.

I wonder if Galco is going to make a holster for it?

Jeez, we're geeks.

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-10-08, 16:35
I may be an Infidel, but I'm willing to convert. If VLTOR wants to loan me one till I learn to love it, I'm willing to put in the time. Free ammo would be nice too.

I liked the Colin Ferall "Miami Vice", not so much the first time I watched it, but I have it on TIVO and watch it from time, to time. I'd go see a sequel.

Used to loop that Miami Vice song on my Walkman when I was delivering newspapers door-to-door on my paper route.

markm
12-10-08, 18:57
I wonder if Galco is going to make a holster for it?

They will have to. You just can't throw this pistol in some fooking Kydex shit holster, MANG! :mad:

GlockWRX
12-10-08, 19:37
They will have to. You just can't throw this pistol in some fooking Kydex shit holster, MANG! :mad:

I hope so. I'm still going to wear socks though.

So, who's going to get one of these and a Serbu Shorty for the ultimate MV weapon set.

TY44934
12-11-08, 13:50
I like it mostly because I am a big fan of the 75 first,

-and, not so much of a Miami Vice fan (though it was a good show back in the day & it opened a lot of folks eyes about the fact that "it snows in Miami." Scarface was good also for that.

BigDog
12-13-08, 11:09
I'm there, mainly because I was a proponent of the original Bren Ten and almost invested in Dornaus & Dixon when they first stood up. And I'm thrilled that Vltor has come forward to finish the project that D&D and Peregrine could not.

Too bad that Col Cooper couldn't stick around to see the Fortis thru to the range...

markm
03-10-09, 14:35
DANG!

I was going to start buying a few 15 round Witness Mags, and they're nowhere to be found.

WTF?

Business_Casual
05-19-09, 16:19
So… to be perfectly honest, with the onslaught of orders for existing products, we did push the Fortis to back of the table a bit, but it is still on the table and headway is still being made.

Thank you once again moron panic buyers.

M_P

chadbag
05-19-09, 16:33
nothing against the Fortis and I wish them luck.

But I do wish VLTOR would concentrate at the moment on getting their AR parts out the door. Been waiting approx 6 months for some MUR uppers. At the SHOT Show supposedly we were 6 weeks out. Now they are saying 2-3 months...

QuickStrike
05-20-09, 16:35
Wonder how durable these are?

joffe
05-20-09, 17:40
nothing against the Fortis and I wish them luck.

But I do wish VLTOR would concentrate at the moment on getting their AR parts out the door. Been waiting approx 6 months for some MUR uppers. At the SHOT Show supposedly we were 6 weeks out. Now they are saying 2-3 months...

They are. To the detriment of their Fortis plans.. Has the bren ten forums folk back in their 'let down by another company again' mode. :(

See the latest Fortis blog post.

JesseWin27
05-21-09, 22:25
Talked to a guy at the NRA show and he doesnt seem to think we'll sees these by the end of the year :(

Ricardus
05-22-09, 10:23
DANG!

I was going to start buying a few 15 round Witness Mags, and they're nowhere to be found.

WTF?

I bought them all for my EAA Witness Elite Match in 10mm:D