PDA

View Full Version : 550 Case Feeder from Double-Alpha-Academy.

m1a_scoutguy
07-22-21, 00:14
A buddy sent this to me today so I checked it out and jumped in. Ordered it Wed night so will see how long it takes. I'll report back once I have it up & running. Dillon 550 guys take note!!:eek::eek:
https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-550-mini-case-feeder

CrowCommand
07-22-21, 04:46
I got the email on this too. Definitely interested in what you think of it. Seems pretty fairly priced, I may just have to go for it.

JimmyB62
07-27-21, 15:29
Looks interesting but also appears you have to manually load the tubes with cases. I’m looking forward to reading about your experience with it.

markm
07-28-21, 14:56
Looks interesting but also appears you have to manually load the tubes with cases. I’m looking forward to reading about your experience with it.

That would be a bummer. I grab 3 or 4 5.56 cases at a time in my right hand and manually feed my 550b while working the press arm too. It's a juggling act.

m1a_scoutguy
07-28-21, 19:17

That would be a bummer. I grab 3 or 4 5.56 cases at a time in my right hand and manually feed my 550b while working the press arm too. It's a juggling act.

Well as Awesome as Dillon stuff is I was never going to buy a (New) case feed, even at the old price, now there close to $400 bucks shipped and probably couldn't get one for another year anyways,LOL This seems like a viable substitute I guess @ a fair price. Its coming out of PA & they said its shipped so hopefully I'll get it for the weekend and get it setup !
Just think markm, instead of waiting to put those cases in one at a time just keep dropping them down the the tube and keep it filled !! You know how Dillon's are, ya got to find your rhythm and things go smooth,,normally,LOL ;)

bobbytucson
07-29-21, 22:20
double alphas video they showed they thought of this ahead of time and have a collator for the new feed tub stack and he filled up all tubes in 30 seconds

m1a_scoutguy
07-30-21, 00:36
double alphas video they showed they thought of this ahead of time and have a collator for the new feed tub stack and he filled up all tubes in 30 seconds

Right on, I bought the collator with the feeder! Yippie the case feed showed up today (Thursday) so I'll be getting it up and running this weekend for sure!! Updates will be coming! :D

m1a_scoutguy
08-01-21, 13:32
Well guys I have the case feeder set up and running, (Kinda) All went well, pretty straightforward on assembly. BUT, unfortunately for me, I couldn't use my Dillon roller handle, it hits part of the feeder with the way it curved, I should have taken a pic I guess to better show it! :( I still have my original straight handle and once installed all was fine. One other issue and it's where I have it Setup not the machine's fault, the tube that holds the cases is too tall for my basement! The dam thing hit a floor joist, so I could cut the tube down which would suck and cut down on production, or I can move the Dillon a little this way or that way and it would be fine. So, with that said there is a short feed tube on the machine that holds like 3 or 4, 223 cases so I just kept dropping cases in the tube and I cycled about 50/60 cases through just to see how it ran & it ran perfectly. So, for now, that's as good as I can report at the moment, I'll tinker and see if & where I can move my Dillon and make room for the case-feed-tube and once I can really cycle and crank on it, I'll get back. Anyways so far it seems pretty cool and a decent setup, time will tell.

JimmyB62
08-01-21, 18:27
Thanks for the write up. It sounds like it will work for you once you get it set up. I have your luck sometimes too when I try to get things to fit in my little gun room.66214

m1a_scoutguy
08-01-21, 19:25
Thanks for the write-up. It sounds like it will work for you once you get it set up. I have your luck sometimes too when I try to get things to fit in my little gun room.66214

Ha,Ha,,,, mine almost looks like yours it's just I have low ceilings! I can stand up & walk around with no issues but have a few other items hanging around! I think it will be a fair-priced decent set-up that will speed things up a decent amount. Off to the loading room !!! :D:D

CrowCommand
08-01-21, 20:59
Thanks for the quick review....I am probably going to order one soon.

drtywk
08-18-21, 15:18
Gavin Gear posted a video of this and to tell you the truth, I am very interested in it, but my 550 is set up to load 6.5CM and .308 with large primers. https://youtu.be/mTvKFdRjYjk