PDA

View Full Version : Commericial Magpull ctrs...

Mr.Goodtimes
12-10-08, 09:10
does anybody have a commercial magpul ctr? if so does it fit tight? my girlfriend is buying me gun stuff for my bday/christmas since they fall within a couple days of each other and i wanna know weather i should get a milspec buffer tube and stock or save her some cash and get a commercial ctr to fit my existing extension tube?

Buckaroo
12-10-08, 09:30
I would sell what you have over on TOS and get a milspec set that will be stronger in the long run.

Just my $.02

Buckaroo

woofe
12-10-08, 14:55
does anybody have a commercial magpul ctr? if so does it fit tight? my girlfriend is buying me gun stuff for my bday/christmas since they fall within a couple days of each other and i wanna know weather i should get a milspec buffer tube and stock or save her some cash and get a commercial ctr to fit my existing extension tube?

As Buckaroo said, the milspec setup is likely to be stronger. However, I do have a CTR on a commercial tube, and it fits and functions properly.

woofe

BushmasterFanBoy
12-10-08, 15:51
Mine is slightly loose, even when locked in place. Since commercial tubes come in so many external dimensions, get the sure thing with the mil-spec tube.

Mr.Goodtimes
12-10-08, 16:20
milspec it is! if im already doin the right thing and gettin a magpul, i might as well get a milspec one! thanks for the input guys!

Copis
12-10-08, 16:22
As Buckaroo said, the milspec setup is likely to be stronger. However, I do have a CTR on a commercial tube, and it fits and functions properly.

woofe

+1

Bill

zippygaloo
12-10-08, 20:07
My gun has a Magpul "Commercial" CTR Stock with an ACE M-7 RET. The ACE M4-7 RET is stronger (and nicer) than the Mil-Spec RET and the Magupl "Commercial" CTR Stock fits very nice and tight on mine.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/3017044870_f6cb18831f_o.jpg